Explain the meme of cars "dying" just cause a cop does the PIT maneuver rather than just hitting the gas and continuing...

explain the meme of cars "dying" just cause a cop does the PIT maneuver rather than just hitting the gas and continuing in the opposite direction

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0H5cpn-2zw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it literally forces the car to oversteer. Since many people don't now how to regain control from it, they crash.

but 99% of the time its a single officer in pursuit, he spins the car and they just sit there, rather than hitting the gas

what exactly is there to gain control of?

Because the engine stops running.
MT, auto, doesn't matter. Rolling backward quickly in a forward gear stalls you out.

Unless you have the presence of mind to stomp on the clutch or put your auto in N as you begin to spin, your engine won't be running when you stop.

Given that you didn't realize this until it was explained to you, you would be another one of the people "Just sitting there" stomping on the gas and going nowhere while the cops swarmed you.

Usually a PIT maneuver spins you 180 degrees, but you car ends up rolling backwards a little. This will automatically kill the engine on most cars with automatic transmissions. I didn’t believe it either until my wife’s uncle, who is a driving instructor for the CHP, showed me in person. He had us drive around the wet skid pad and told us to see what happens when we over rotate the car and end up backwards. If you stay on the throttle and keep the tires spinning, it doesn’t kill the motor, but if you don’t, it killed the car.

so just turn the key and gun it again?

just press the clutch

No I heard it makes the car stall since the centrifugal force interrupts the fuel flow to the point it shuts off the motor

what if you have a centrifugal super charger?

I think it's rather dumb that people think the PIT is some absolute end-all maneuver. Anyone with driving skill can catch oversteer, and it's not that hard to see a cop setting it up to be prepared or do some evasive stuff. Of course, running from the cops in something they can keep up with is such a dumb thing to begin with I doubt those people even know what oversteer means.

this, if you're dumb enough to run from the cops you're probably too dumb to know good recovery techniques

Lol
Pusy
Lol

youtube.com/watch?v=f0H5cpn-2zw
1:20

>bongs literally out of breath while driving

they would have been shot to shit if those were US cops.

this thread hurts. so much US stupidity in one single thread.

If your not an american you're driving mt. automatic is bullshit. if you dont live in the US you've seen corners and you should be able to drift or react to oversteer/understeer. If you own a driver licence in a country like germany you learn stuff like that in driving school.

And you're talking crap. The engine can be started immediatly after you spun out. And simply pressing the clutch "retard skill level) you can avoid it. its better to simply double clutch and shift into second or smth and if you should lose it into reverse. pressing the clutch makes takes the stbility from the car and you spin out even easier. And if you drive FF its nearly impossible to spin you out.

Based

DEJA VU

Same principle if you tried the following.

>Drive down street
>Shift into Park
>Car Dies.

Try it It's FUN!

>anime