/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Third Time's the Charm Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g/, /ningen/

>Important News
「!」Splatoon 1 SplatNet service ends September 30: nintendoeverything.com/splatnet-service-ends-for-splatoon-on-september-30
「!」Worms W.M.D revealed for Switch: nintendoeverything.com/worms-w-m-d-revealed-for-switch/
「!」Summer 2017 Switch Indies Showcase: youtube.com/watch?v=dY8OCBFl1Qg
「!」Gear.Club Unlimited coming to Switch December 1: nintendoeverything.com/gear-club-unlimited-out-for-switch-on-december-1/
「!」'Welcome to the World of Lost Sphear' trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=cZGyCYV-U8w
「!」Pikuniku announced for Switch: nintendoeverything.com/sectordub-devolver-digital
「!」Wii U maintenance tomorrow: nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-maintenance-taking-place-thursday
「!」Pokkén Tournament DX 'New Features Trailer': youtube.com/watch?v=RsZXQeZBCjY
「!」Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon Veteran Trainer’s Dual Pack announced for NA: gematsu.com/2017/08/pokemon-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-veteran
「!」Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4_QXyo1ew

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Boc_JPKfcCw
youtu.be/9uKIeamPi2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=3m_S0B7QbyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

R.I.P.

I'm bulletproof.

reminder that pic related is the one true mario timeline

im fucking starving for kirby news

bumping

how about that direct

Dumb timeline poster.
Everyone with half a brain knows that the mario games are just stageshows put on by mario and bowser to help with their relationship problems.

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT

anyone want to add me for some occasional salmon run, mario kart 8 deluxe and puyo puyo tetris?
SW-3368-4455-5990

>kirby music plays on 3DS eshop
>NO kirby games on sale, NO new games
fucking why nintendo

captcha: Halle Unsuitable
its a fucking omen

The Switch is region free as we all know, but are there any documented cases of Japanese games being region-locked at software level? I heard it's still theoretically possible for developers to do.

Only shit like MMOs generally implement geoblocking

Rip miiverse? No. Rip nintyg.

This

Are you a cute girl?

Its entirely possible. I think Dragon Quest X does that.

what rank are you in salmon run

Yeah, pic is me~ we're already friends

The lowest one

>Nindies Showcase: nothing but indie shovelware

Who the heck besides Raniel even buys these games? Supposedly even the new No More Heroes is just mini games.

Don't namedrop people retard.

Also if you had put even the smallest effort you would have understood that it's not "just mini games."

how much is the online for switch?

20 dollars a year but right now it's free, Paid Online™ will start next year.

Ok dogfucker

>20 dollars a year

so what I pay for numoot for a Veeky Forums pass? its fucking nothing

what are the benefits? just online multiplayer?

You get some free* NES and SNES games, and they'll have online multiplayer too.

Where did everything go so wrong?

Most of the games shown will be better than garbage like Splatoon 1.5 and Arms imo. Also the new NMH isn't just mini-games quit spreading misinformation.

Do any of you sweet anons know how to change your info on the mynintendo site?
The mii that is my profile picture on there is horribly outdated and I can't figure out how to change it

Download Miitomo

Hi

Geist is fun tho. There's a lot of Nintendo easter eggs.
Also the game was made for Wraith Mode controls which is walking and looking with the Control stick and strafing/tilting with the C stick like tank controls. If anybody here liked the game play of Goldeneye 64, Metroid Prime, Half-Life, Bioshock, or Duck Hunt, then Geist is the game for you. Also if you like the atmospheres of Bioshock and Resident Evil.

Use miitomo or a 3ds/wii u and change your mii

Proof?

He was right.

lies

>New Nintendo Switch leaked

r-really?

Jesus that box is so 2000s.

hey

nigger

Posting best waifu

>tfw saved her from a bokoblin attack and then followed her while jacking off for ten minutes until I came

trash game

bump

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Boc_JPKfcCw

bump

gor benis

I'm cat-sitting at my sister's new house while she's on holiday and the Internet hasn't been set up yet so I can't check myself, has anything good come out in Europe this week?

no boxing plz

too bad you didn't have a wiiu with a webbrowser and you could have taped it to your forehead

Um.....

No. He's lying.

Also I can't believe how handy the Wii still is by playing gamecube games. I also forgot how hecking long the component and power cables are.

how cute

too bad she was raped

not today

yeah i guess that is true, she was raped many times in the past though.

Live stream for Worms WMD on Switch over at Twitch right now

/team17ltd

We are getting shilled.

Also worms might be fun for multiplayer.

>points out a stream
>"OH WE ARE GETTING SHILLED"
fuck off
He's just trying to help

Someone try to help keep the thread off of pages 9 and 10

Someone try to help keep the fatties out of the thread in general

I just dug my 3DS XL out of storage in anticipation of Samus Returns, and apparently this year's record humidity killed my A and B buttons since the last time I used it.

What are my options for getting a working platform for Metroid SR on a tight budget? Right now I'm thinking of looking for a used N2DSXL, since I imagine that Nintendo would take more than two weeks to carry out a request for repairs if they would even take it in the first place.

>2 weeks old console
>used
youtu.be/9uKIeamPi2Y

>play some super smash bros. online
>play a round of spectator betting afterwards
>it pulled up the game I was just in

When's Super Switch Bros.?

It's coming.
Nintendo needs something to release later in the Switch's lifespan.

>Nintendo needs something to release

I think i found the best nintendo commercial
youtube.com/watch?v=3m_S0B7QbyI

Time to blow $150 I guess

Hell I'd have bought the game if I had seen that commercial.

>not buying the game regardless
you missed out on a good chunk of your childhood

You misunderstood me. Nintendo's first party line up is always great.
However I don't think it would be wise to release all of them this early in the lifespan of their new homeconsole/handheld hybrid. Chances are it will see it sooner or later.

>page 9

hi

nintendo fx

Just got disgeae 5 and what does the user news and user underworlds option do?
This is my first disgeae

Go asks jarpigg

Reminder that today is the last day of the month so if you have any MyNintendo points expiring now is the time to use them.

My gold points expire next month uck.

>PAGE 9

Japanese commercials always seem fun and have gameplay. American commercials are always just kids playing or cutscenes.

Just open up your 3ds and clean it? Or see if a qtip with rubbing alcohol along the buttons might help before you open it.

Paige Eighte.

>third party games on switch
what a fucking disaster

Big third parties just don't give a shit. They either don't want to pay for a current or future port of a game or they will port old games instead of working on something people haven't played.

Has it always been the case that Mario Maker's Course World is flooded with the same level over and over and over? Is spam the only reason some of these people have all those stars?

>third party games on wiiu
What a disaster

Do people who want to squid party outside of private battles not realise how inconsiderate they are being?
It's very rude behaviour!

elaborate

I want to play a quick round of tw before having to go out and some retard on my team wants flop around instead.
Takes all the fun out of playing. Very rude!

at least in turf war its forgivable
everyone just does their own thing and win or lose everyone walks out a couple hundred g richer
but in ranked both teams need to be organized in order to succeed

just ignore him and paint. you're gonna get cash regardless

Do people really just ignore others when they are being selfish and inconsiderate? That's just a recipe for a bad society. I won't do it!

buddy
this is a game
not real life

you cant expect everyone to act serious when there's no consequence for acting silly

You don't have to act serious Just play by the rules like a normal decent person. Why load up the game if you don't want to play in the first place?

you load up the game to have fun
and there's no requirement to win

apparently flopping around is the guy's way to have fun
and who are you to judge him

just play the way you want, everyone else be damned

You play the game to win by playing by the rules set by the game. Not whatever you think is fun. If you don't find it fun that way then don't play. Take the game back and get a refund.
Why kind of person ruins others fun by not playing how the game is meant to be played? Just do everyone a favour and stay offline.

>implying playing the game by the rules = fun
>implying winning is the focus of the game
found your problem

Can we just agree that Pikmin is fun?

it is. but the time limits do make it a bit less comfortable than it could be

i wonder if pikmin games could be structured to the point of a slow-paced casual metroidvania
like missions could go on through the night in areas that are less densely packed with wildlife
but collectibles would be visibly out of reach unless equipped with the right upgrade or pikmin type
naturally upgrades would have to be brought back to spawn in order to be collected officially and onions would need to be activated in order for pikmin types to be added as options

as with previous entries the game would encourage multitasking for the sake of expedience as well as keeping your troop count high, and it would also encourage building your army so more things can be done with it

maybe there will be some basebuilding such as planting candypop buds and whatnot in order to incentivize gameplay

tldr: a pikmin game without any time limits, and regenerating resources

You realize the average age of splatoon players is 8, right?

first time i heard that

wait is that a dig towards nintendo's demographic or