There's a reason wagons are not popular...

There's a reason wagons are not popular, they look like fucking hearses! Literally no one thinks wagons look cool outside of reddit.

Sooner or later, you're going to accept the Crossover pill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6m08InT8Oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shooting brakes, wagons, and even hearses are patrician tier.
Nobody wants a lifted hatchback you can't even go mudding in.

>Nobody wants a lifted hatchback
People wouldn't be buying them like bread if they didn't think they look awesome. Go out into the real world, nobody thinks wagons look better.

I agree that wagons are unpopular. I don't agree that I will ever accept crapovers.

Why is president macaroon in a weird chinese audi?

People buy them because the high seating position makes them feel safer and they look "adventurous".

Joke's on you I live in Europe and everyone owns a wagon

People buy them over wagons because:
>They look better (you can ask normies they'll agree)
>They are more practical than wagons
>They have more ground clearance than wagons
>They offer a higher seating position

>plebs
>patricians

Also they are more likely to be tow rated and have AWD. A Crosstrek is tow rated while an Impreza is not. I don't know why.

damn, suddenly citroen are making good looking cars again

it literally looks like a knockoff audi
and I like citroen

>>They look better (you can ask normies they'll agree)
Entirely subjective
>>They are more practical than wagons
Depends which cars you're comparing, although if done right an SUV-like bodystyle can fit more shit than a wagon (lots of crossovers sacrifice practicality for "style" though)
>>They have more ground clearance than wagons
Again varies, but what does the average normie need extra ground clearance for? Are the roads that shit where you live? Because we all know 99% of crossovers will never be used for any "adventuring" that doesn't involve city streets
>>They offer a higher seating position
Great, and this ruins aerodynamics leading to worse fuel economy and performance

Exactly. People here only see the black and white. Just because it isn’t body on frame with solid axles and 16 locking diffs, doesn’t mean it isn’t better than a wagon off-road.

In his defense people who occasionally need to travel on shitty country roads often like the idea of a crossover, and justifiably

>normies have shit taste
Whoah

Because burgers are dumbfucks. My legacy says in the owners manual not to tow with it (manual trans), while the yuro owners manual for the same exact car says up to 1000 pounds.

Nigger, you're not helping the case posting that ugly hearse-looking brick.

Crossovers are for homosexuals.

Yeah I can see the point of owning something with more ground clearance if you go on unpaved or low quality roads often. Buy a car that fits your needs and all that.

But then there's shit like pic related, which has fuckall extra ground clearance compared to a Corolla and sacrifices a fuckton of practicality for the sake of looking different.

volvo's industrial design is top tier. I like the fact that it's an unobtrusive brick nobody notices.

Yes but if you rig up a North American legacy to tow you void the warranty. It's not a consumer issue. The problem lies with the manufacturer and regulations.

I agree, what is that thing even? Proper crossovers should have at least 8 inches of ground clearance to be justified.

Yes, the CHR is a vehicle that shouldn't exist. It isn't even fake AWD eligible.

Wagons really aren't much different than crossovers.

It's almost old enough to drink, not a problem anymore now lol.

Because someone in the market for a Crosstrek may be interested in towing, so the company bothered to test and rate it. Someone in the market for an Impreza probably doesn't give a shit whether or not it can tow a single dead baby. Why bother testing and rating it?

You can toss a lift kit on Toyotas for relatively cheap ($150 for my rav4). Any actual enthusiast will go that route... Then again any actual enthusiast won't drive that ugly shart.

As for thread topic, cars are getting more efficient. You can now have something with the cargo capacity of an SUV with the fuel economy of a car. In some people's case, they weren't driving sedans to be boi racers, they were driving them because truck/SUV got shit gas mileage. Now that they can have good gas mileage and something as big as an SUV, they opt for that instead.

Not everyone wants to be a boi racer and conquer light trails, so unfortunately wagons aren't popular. Americans don't give two shits about practical specs either. Even if you made a wagon that had the same cargo capacity, but slightly better handling and gas mileage, they'll get the crossover because it "looks better."

If you want a wagon as an alternative to a crossover, you're pretty much stuck with lifting something like a VW alltrack (no it's not already lifted, 5 inches is a fucking joke, and lifting euro cars isn't as easy as jap cars).

I've noticed this. Typically they just have taller, more rounded roofs and bigger wheels wells. Some have a similar size/wheelbase to wagons, but the difference in handling is what I'm guessing people are worried about. You're simply not going to get good handling with big ol' wheels. Basically, a crossover is a wagon with moderate truck DNA.

I mean idk about you guys but the bmw wagons are the only ones I can get behind.

This. A wagon has to scream "sporty" to not look like grandma's station wagon, or some econobox with the ability to fit more junk in the trunk.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6m08InT8Oo

bmw wagons are shit tier and get stuck in the snow evrityem

Fuck you very much OP
sincerely us europeans and our angry wagons.

ha get fucked most CUVs are front wheel drive, with AWD as available on the top spec with the top engine option.

If I had a large enough family I would opt for a wagon over a van, crossover or SUV

Veeky Forumstists like wagons, color me surprised

t.jalopshit writer

Because they aren't lifted and have street tires.

Sport wagons are cool as fuck

sametbh

buying a 2015 ford explorer XLT for my family. Shit looks clean as fuck.

>There's a reason wagons are not popular, they look like fucking hearses

yeah and?

low quality bait have a (you)

Boomers in Canada really like their wagons. I would never spend $50k on one when I can just get a truck.

>They look better (you can ask normies they'll agree)
normies think my 18 year old shitbox looks like a racecar because of it's red brake calipers

>They are more practical than wagons
cool but that means shit when they are only used for mall-crawling and as 6 ton blocks of iron being piloted at 80mph by single moms in a school zone

>They have more ground clearance than wagons
Some of them yeah but most of them have almost identical clearance to your average coupe or sedan (minus the drop from the overweight driver)

>They offer a higher seating position
ah yes so your average owner can go full-recline mode and see even less of vehicles

just go drive yours to walmart and pick up your soylent care-package and be done with it. No one cares how big your shitbox is

>Ausfag.
>Want manual wagon that's not FWD.
Looks like I'm buying a VE/VF SS sportswagon.

Moms buy them because they're cheap, have a high seating position, easy to get their kids into thir car seats, and give a feeling of safety. They're not actually good as cars.

>Literally no one thinks wagons look cool outside of reddit.
You were saying?

Crossovers are for Women. If you are a man and you drive a crossover you should actually kill yourself I am not joking.

>There's a reason wagons are not popular, they look like fucking hearses!
I think it's more about dropping testosterone levels among male western populations.

>offending a volvo

you're going down brother

Chill, it's just mjet being a flaming italo-faggot.