Who would be interested in a FK civic type R without the wing and fake vents?

>thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/10/honda-appears-ready-launch-cheaper-entry-level-2018-civic-type-r/
Who would be interested in a FK civic type R without the wing and fake vents?

I don't mind the wing because it's probably functional.
The fake vents can go suck a dick though.

>needing a turbo to make a type R fast

That's honestly the most heretical part of it, I couldn't actually care less about edgy edges and vents and huge wings. Call me when Honda makes kickass N/A two liter engines again.

While there's a part of me that loves the huge wing and over-stylization having a Type R that was more of sleeper like the older JDM models without all those fake air vents and the automotive equivalent of a mating call is pretty appealing. Getting the pricing down to a more reasonable number would be great for those of us that can actually afford a new car.

if they released an N/A 2.0L in this day and age it would just suffer from 86 syndrome.

also civics have a long history of being turbo charged by their owners, so it's really not that strange to have a turbo type R.

Those days are gone.

>October 11 2017

K
Y
S

Honda has shown they can make a N/A engine pushing out 220-240 hp, that's hardly as pathetic as the 86 slow shitshow.

Also people liked putting in their own turbos instead of having the manufacturer decide how much boost you get, they could shove in some monster turbo and have their little shitboxes pushing 400+ hp.

I wouldn't be interested in it personally, but I do think it'd be nice to see more stripper cars. Some people want go-fast drivetrains with spartan interiors and plain appearances. Offering budget performance models is something I thing we're all for.

It's not functional. It's thin cheap plastic that flexes if you push on it.

We live in an era of torque. No one wants 240hp with a 9000rpm redline and 100 torques. It's not viable in a modern streetcar anymore.

>standard civic is a factory ricer with it's fake vents and angery looks
>full blown type R is factory riced to the point of absurd with wings and she it
>now you can buy sleeper type R which means you can have a car that looks like it's making promises that it couldn't live up to but it actually lives up to it.
It's harder than the inception.

It is functional. It does actually generate downforce

If they made a version with no wing and just a little spoiler like on the regular civic I'd like that

I just want the space egg back

what do you mean by "not viable"?
cause it sounds like you mean it's not driveable anymore but that's simply not true

>take current Civic Si
>drop the R engine in it
>slap a red R badge on the front and back

There. It'll sell like fucking hotcakes.
The R looks like a 12-year-old boy's dream car. Problem is, 12-year-old boys aren't buying $40k Hondas.
If it's subtle enough that an adult could drive it, it'll sell better.

Technically yes, it does generate down force. It weighs about 3lbs so it generates around 3lbs of down force. To the rear wheels. In a front wheel drive car.

God, I wish they'd sold that in the US.

you could keep being wrong or just stop posting now? your pick.

It's worse than the ones you got though. Torsion beam rear suspension instead of double wishbone.
Can't deny the looks though.

You can't be right or wrong in a theoretical situation. If you want to poll the entirety of the motoring public to see if they'd want this kind of engine to prove me wrong, go for it. But we both know they wouldn't. The S2000 would be a laughing stock in this day and age.

people are getting 400+ flywheel hp out of the new type R engine already, without needing to swap the turbo

yes
i like the wing but fuck all the vents and red bits, and id like it to be a small light 2 door hatchback again, or even better a new integra type R
i used to call myself a honda fanboy but now i fucking hate honda

Not viable in American markets, ie BRZ/89

Why not buy Type R and swap it with Si bodykit?

Yes, I would. But only if it's offered as a two door.

>fwd
>double wishbone
Why would you want this? Torsion bean is great in fwd

>Who would be interested in a FK civic type R without the wing and fake vents?
I would prefer it being more understated

The current Civic is too heavy for a ~200hp NA 4-cylinder. It would suit the Jazz/Fit though.

>this isn't a real thing
>even a fit si isn't a real thing
reality was a mistake...

I’d buy the shit out of a Fit SI or FTR, assuming they weren’t gaudy as fuck like the civic. Why don’t they make a legit hot hatch (the CTR is a lift back, not a hatchback)? Does Honda hate money?

Get the Honda Accord.
Same engine; no turbo.

They are selling just fine. More than the focus RS

That's a lot of work for a brand new car

This desu

Nevermind, I posted that without thinking...

They still use turbos on the Accord.

>We live in an era of torque. No one wants 240hp with a 9000rpm redline

speak for yourself cuck. not everyone gives a flying fuck about torque

Really?
Have you voted with your wallet?

yeah I have actually re-read what this post said before you get cute with me nigga

Toyobaru is not a car that people want. It's the car people want for their brainless highshool son for birthday or graduation. It's slow so he won't get hurt.

The days of high output NA 4 cylinder engines is gone.

The toyobaru is the most powerful NA 2.0L you can buy

>brainless highshool son for birthday or graduation
I only ever see mustangs

4 bangers and v6 ones probably.

The EP3 with its double wishbone rear suspension handles better than the space egg FN2.

what's the most powerful 4 cylinder you can think of. I think of the F22 from the S2000 that had 240 hp and that's it