How do I tell if a fuse is blown...

How do I tell if a fuse is blown? My interior dash lights and tail lights all just randomly stopped working while I was on the highway.
2004 Corvette.

With a multimeter. You can get one free with a coupon sometimes at Harbor Freight

Just don't bend the wires.

A fuse is just basically a line of metal and when a fuse blows it will break

Just look for burnt spots or look at the little metal connector in the middle of them and see if it is still 1 peice, if it is separated it is blown.

You can see straight through their casing user.

For more information:
My pop-up headlights also will not go down. They're stuck up even when turning them off, combined with the aforementioned taillights/interior lights malfunctioning.

Visual inspection doesn't always work 100% of the time. My 12v socket fuse was blown but I couldn't tell until I probed it with my multimeter, even after shining a light through

Just fuckin look at it dude

This right here. Continuity test. Or do like Chinese immigrants do and just wrap thin copper wire around the fuse blades when the center blows.

>UNREGULATED AMPERAGE

>Chinese immigrants do and just wrap thin copper wire around the fuse blades when the center blows.

True story, my ex wife bought an Acura and when I was checking it over I came across that on the heated mirrors circuit.

that sounds like a fuse. usually when a bunch of stuff stops working it's a fuse

You look at it.

You switch it with a known good one (a different one from something working in that panel).

God, this is like 1st step 101.
How old are you and how are you this inept yet still have a vette?

This is the second time such a problem has happened, though it's a bit different this time. I wonder what could be causing the fuse(s) to keep blowing. The fuck?

You got a pinched wire somewhere. My blazer would eat fuses until I disconnected the glove box light.

Previous owner installed some bullshit aftermarket headlights (pic related) which I imagine is the cause of this repeated bullshit. I just can't figure out where the short is located.

The center part usually looks all melted and shit, and the link between the two prongs is usually burnt out. They have these neato looking deluxe fuses that have an LED on the top that goes out when they blow so you can spot the bad fuses by which ones are dark, OP

Holy hell that is fucking cheap

It can also happen if the wrong amp fuse is in certain spots like a 15 amp in a slot that needs a 20 amp

just check the fuses. The center part will be "blown" or disconnected and thus it won't be able to complete a circuit

Get a test light from harbor freight.

Put the strap that comes with to something metal on your car, like the car frame or engine block.

take the tip of the tool and touch each metal top-end of the fuse. both side should light the light. if one side does not, bad fuse.

the issue with pulling out each fuse is that your bad fuse may have a tiny fracture that you'll have a hard time discovering rather than a full break.

>How do I tell if a fuse is blown?
>For more information:
>My pop-up headlights also will not go down.
>This is the second time such a problem has happened, though it's a bit different this time. I wonder what could be causing the fuse(s) to keep blowing.
>Previous owner installed some bullshit aftermarket headlights (pic related)

Y'all niggers are posting in a troll thread

SAGE IN ALL FIELDS