I'm going to buy a FRS/BRZ/86, You won't convince me otherwise, that's not what this thread is about...

I'm going to buy a FRS/BRZ/86, You won't convince me otherwise, that's not what this thread is about. My problem is that I can't fucking find a used one with a manual transmission, for a reasonable price. Is the flappy paddle automatic complete trash or actually tolerable? I want to take it on spirited drives on mountain roads and fuck around throwing the tail out in empty parking lots and shit. Will the automatic ruin the whole experience or can I settle for it and not hate myself every day for the duration of the loan? The price difference between (used) manual and auto around here is like $17,000 vs $11,000.

The car in the picture is one I really want but it costs $20,000 and I feel a little nervous spending that much because the loan would have to be 5 or 6 years, and fuck that.

Attached: 00Y0Y_kZpJ3lzGzaA_1200x900.jpg (900x600, 73K)

Can't you test drive one with an auto?

I could, but usually stealerships get all pissy when you try to do anything fun on a test drive. How will I know how responsive it actually is if I can't push it a little?

You need a 6 year loan to pay off 20 grand? Do you collect cans or something?

There's a reason why the manual is more valuable than the auto. Don't settle. Get the manual.

My budget is comfortable and I don't want to put a large amount into a car payment. I COULD pay off 20k faster, but I couldn't afford all the other stupid shit I like to spend money on.

No. Take more time to look and expand your search radius. You're about to drop well over $10k on an item. Spend the time to find the right one. Travel if necessary. Even a plane ticket is not much relative to what you're intending to pay if you're in some jungle and really can't find a manual. Auto fucks up the entire spirit of the car.

Attached: 1420929035249.jpg (520x853, 300K)

>Buying an auto 86
>Even considering it

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (240x320, 14K)

Very well.

Attached: mike 2.jpg (540x472, 24K)

Honestly you might as well go for it. It's an impractical ugly slow piece of shit either way so you might as well get the cheapest one you can. The buyer's remorse won't hit you as hard that way. After spending a week with it, the realization that you took a 6yr loan for a meme machine might actually make you kill yourself.

The performance difference on most cars nowadays is not great between the manual and auto......BUT ON THE BRZ/FRS IT IS. ITS TERRIBLE. DON'T DO IT.

We are talking post emission regulation 1970s levels of acceleration on the auto brz/frs

There's tons of other stuff you could drop $20k on that wouldn't take even more life out of a car where the whole point is that it can almost make it despite the price.

I found a manual one for $16k. I just had to drop $45 on a rental car to drive 100mi to make sure it wasn't a shitheap. Apply yourself if you really one one this bad.

>Will the automatic ruin the whole experience
Yes. Keep saving

Can't do clutch dump drifts without a clutch. Not really gonna have the power to do skids otherwise.

i'll add in, do not sluhbox 86. The manual sorta makes that car

then you wreck it and are upside down fucked. If you need gap you cant afford the car.

round abouts and twisty roads r your best friend here

Auto is the bad. The price difference should be enough to tell. Manuals sell and autos sit. Auto only sell from the dealer when the person buying it cant into manual and then trade in after they find out they have to yeild to every van on the road and after getting tired of hearing the "why didn't you get the manual" question every other day.

>implying normies everywhere from your relatives to your coworkers won't ask "why would you get a manual?"

Don't buy an auto FR-S. Defeats the whole purpose of the car. I'm not sure if the auto FR-S has a cvt in it, but if it does, definitely don't.

you really are wasting your time, do not believe the memes floating around

when people say you have "control" in a manual, it means you can produce whatever kind of results from the car you need

if you need a fast car you can rev it high and shift gears near the car's redline, in an 86 you're going to hit 60 by the time you shift into 3rd
if you need an economical car you can drive it very slow, shift below 3000 RPM, and get pretty great MPG's

with an automatic you get gear shifts that start out with the latter, and slowly degrade towards the former over the years as this piece of shit slows down and inevitably breaks, at which point it's $5000 to replace and your car is fucking totaled, as opposed to buying $200 worth of clutch parts and paying a mechanic to swap it out really quick

4th*

>spending 20k on a automatic '''''sports''''' car slower than a riced out twenty year old civic

The stock exhaust note is weak and pathetic also, I've heard angrier sounding toyota commuter cars.

>get a 5 year loan on a slow ass automatic BR-Z

You should be buying outright. Don't get what you can't afford, it seldom ends well.

Attached: accord3.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

The auto is from a monkey model tier lexus ls. Its going to be way slower than the manual