I fucking hate truckers. I can't wait until they get replaced by self driving trucks

I fucking hate truckers. I can't wait until they get replaced by self driving trucks

Other urls found in this thread:

highwaypal.com/i95/keep-right-except-to-pass-laws-for-i95-states/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>self driving truck
>implying it won't go 100 mph and pass everyone

>self driving trucks
>now go 55 mph next to each other because MUSTN'T BREAK THE LAW

I doubt that they'd go that fast any time soon. They'd probably be limited to a 65mph max speed and will probably have to detect a -20mph flow in the driving lane to initiate passing procedures.

they wouldn't pass each other if they all drive at the same speed

If I was a cop, I would pull the fucker in the left lane over every time I saw this. At least in Florida this falls under "impeding the flow of traffic", though I see it all the time here.

>live in georgia
>drive i-75 5 days a week
>transfer truck in all 3 lanes in 20 miles in each direction from my exit
>actually had to jump 2 lanes and nearly hit the ramp divider to keep from going an extra 20 miles to go home
You'll say it wouldn't have happened if I were in the right lane, but this could be prevented entirely if they didn't go 65 in the passing, 62 in the middle, and 60 in the travel lanes.

If there's 3 lanes, the right lane is not the "travel lane" it's the merging lane. It's for people who are about to exit or who are merging from the on ramp. The middle and left lanes are the through traffic lanes.
tldr you should've been in the right lane, dumb cager.

I fucking hate 4 wheelers. I can't wait until they get replaced by self driving cars

Trucks have more of a right to the interstate highway system than you do.

This.

Hello plebbit

>mobile cancer making fun of Reddit

Oh the irony

I fucking hate highways. I can't wait until they get replaced by monorails.

Ex-Trucker here! Schneider is usually capped at 65 for company trucks and 69 for owner operators. When I drove I never tried to pass another semi unless I had at least 5mph on him, otherwise I'd just slow the fuck down. Yes, that 5mph can make a big difference in when I got home or where I made it but eventually you get your chance and it's not SO big that it's okay to be a dick and fuck the entire highway for 10 minutes.

The biggest problems are hills.... Yay, I can go 70 and you can only go 65! Time to p-... Oh shit, we're both going 65... Oh shit, I'm now going 60... Oh shit, all these cars hate me now... FML!

Yep, frustrating times it was. Fun fact, these trucks can easily go over 100mph and have mountains of torque, their RPM and top speed are both governed by the companies. I've had a couple ungoverned trucks and blew peoples minds when I went past them doing 85~90 (In Texas mind you).

Why?

90% of semis are speed-governed between 62 and 70.
The faster truck does need to be in front. Otherwise a dangerous convoy/pileup gets started (imagine trying to merge into one off the on-ramp)
The slower truck SHOULD bump down a couple mph for 15 seconds but if he isn't paying attention or doesn't care about saving you 20 seconds or is super obsessed with fuel efficiency, he won't. They get like 6 mpg and weigh up to 80,000 lbs so altering speed a lot does cost money.
Everyone gets mad at the left truck. But the right truck is the dick.

tire wear says otherwise

t. dumbistanian with a corn flakes box licence

I have driven through half of the US for business. There is nothing worse than i85 in Georgia.

I swear those truckers have an extra two chromosomes when they're on i85.

The road can be open and no traffic, and there's ALWAYS two truckers side by side. Then they wonder why i85 is backed up worse than my colon after eating a 42oz steak.

I don't know where you learned to drive in just saying how it works on our roads. Problem is most idiots don't understand this simple concept, like user, ride in the middle lane until their exit is 5ft away and then they have to suddenly jump over and slow down, inconveniencing everyone around them. But they don't care because they're the only car on the road and everyone else should make way for them. A lot of better designed roads have temporary exit only lanes and acceleration lanes to accommodate for retards like you 2 who don't know how roads work.

Thats why once you get infront of him you jake down and slow his ass up.

Yep you're a cornflakes box licence holder.

Your post is objectively wrong.

Nice counter argument. Some day your incompetence will cause an accident and I feel sorry for whoever is unfortunate to have your stupid ass swerve into them. My closer is that some places have resorted to literally spelling it out by putting up signs that say "through traffic use left 2 lanes". Really you should be glad that you've learned something today and you can use this new knowledge obtained from a smarter and more experienced driver to your benefit on the road.

highwaypal.com/i95/keep-right-except-to-pass-laws-for-i95-states/

OK buddy.

My advice to you would be to make sure to actually bother reading the thing you're linking so you don't accidentally prove yourself wrong, like you just did.
>The far right lane is typically used for those to safely enter or exit the highway at speeds less than the speed limit. The center lane or lanes are the travel lanes.

Communist

This, 4 wheel fags are the worst

So you're one of those people

are you one of those dumb ones?

The rule is you move over to allow people to merge onto the highway, then you can merge back over to the far right lane and go your granny speeds in your POS honda. ~sincerely an American that has driven all throughout the world

Tesla Semi will solve this problem having way more power to overtake

>easily of 100 mph
>mountains of torque
Then why do you lose 15mph going up a gentle grade?

>mfw i drive slow as fuck on the hwy and match trucks as they pass holding all the other trucks up during my entire drive on the interstate

Companies cut back the fuel.
I'm amazed daily by how safe 4wheelers feel In front of a 80k bomb

built ford """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""tough"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

For real KYS

>corporations using taxpayer funded roads for personal gain have more of a right than public road users
no

Maybe slow down and stop being a criminal.

need to bring back railroads. Fuck trucks.

It's not about power. It's about having a speed limiter set at exact same speed except for small variations. E.g. here in Europe it's 80km/h, some can actually go only 79.5, some 80.1.

The three reasons stated by law approved by the Congress were: 1. National defense, 2. Interstate commerce, and 3. Everything else. You are last in consideration, and you don't pay over $14k a year in taxes for the privilege.
>Ebil corporation
Every small business owner is a corporation you dumb fuck.

Rail transport dominates routes over 500 miles in the US. This opposite to the EU, where 70% of the traffic flow on trucks. Get you facts straight son, you look ignorant

If maxspeed < (Veeky Forums) select user then allowprocedure (pass_other_trucker_fag)=nill

>I fucking hate life. I cant wait until it gets replaced by death.

>they don't care because they're the only car on the road and everyone else should make way for them
this is exactly the problem with most passenger vehicle drivers (non-commercial drivers) they go out everyday and act like they are the center of the universe and no one else has the right to be on the road. they think they are the only ones with an important agenda. this is road ragers. they deserve death

If you drive 10km/h under the speed limit our agenda is not very important and your self inflated sense of superiority is not acceptable when i try to pass and you floor to to stop me from passing your slow arse then brake check me for the next 10 minutes.

Assuming the cab and trailer have a combined length of 80 feet and also assuming the passing truck gets a 200 foot distance ahead of the truck he is passing before switching ahead of him into his lane, it will take about 2 minutes for the truck to pass at the speeds in your pic.

How much of an inpatient child are you that you can't spare two minutes on your commute?

who are you even talking to?
because i do none of those things

>Every small business owner is a corporation you dumb fuck

No, they could be a partnership thus there is no separation between the owner(s) and the company. To be fair, only idiots don't incorporate their business.

You're quite optimistic here. I bet they won't be allowed to pass at all, so instead of 1-2 minutes passing OP will get 10 mile long line of trucks which may not be passable at all if on single carriage way. Also good luck going off ramp on dual carriage ways squeezing in between their sensors to initiate their emergency braking procedures to make their way through.

Also, OP should rember that 99 percent of fucking shit he has, even his soy comes via trucks.

That's why you stay in the slipstream and build up speed [spoiler]over 12 hours[/spoiler] to zip right past.

I got a ticket on the freeway in a 3-lane wide section with 2 semis like this

>driving down freeway, 3 lanes
>see 2 semis running like OP's pic
>far right/slow lane jammed up with other cars
>the two semis speed up/slow down to leave no gap for passing on the right lane
>gap appears
>FLOOR it, semis start flooring it too
>overtake them at 80, get ahead start slowing down
>state trooper takes off from the median/pulls me over
>$180 ticket for speeding
>As trooper is writing me the ticket both semis fly past doing 70

TL:DR Truckers drive like cunts

>I can't wait until they get replaced by self driving trucks
>get automated trucks
>they still will lane hog because cheap programming mandating efficiency of operation over driving etiquette

I'd hope to hell the AI would have the good sense for robosemis to drive in a line for maximum drafting/aerodynamic gains

Niggaaaaaa, you're supposed to BE at highway speeds when you get into the right lane, that's why on-ramps are long and typically sloped downwards so even your anemic car with petrified spark plugs and squirrel eaten plug wires can be going ~60mph by the time you get into the right lane

I bet you're also one of those faggots that takes 1.99999999 miles to get over when you see one of those [LANE ENDING 2 MILES MERGE LEFT] signs

Miles of trucks 10 feet from each other all in the right lane?

The right lane is not "for" the merging lane, if there's no acceleration lane/exit only lane (often both the same thing) then it's a shit highway. Also in many jurisdictions, the left lane (assuming two lanes in each direction) is supposed to be for passing only.

Heh nothing personal kid

AI could handle it, we already have adaptive CC in human-driven cars

Thanks. I woudlnt have known about this without being a reddit user myself.

>on german autobahn
>on an uphill
>slovakian truck trying to take over a romanian one
>cant
>slovakian in on the horn like crazy
>romanian is laughin and on the phone
>slovakian gives up and slows down
>still on the horn

Only time I saw fuckery like that

Pretty common in Netherlandistan desu. Even when there are signs that big rig trucks aren't allowed to overtake. Usually it's a polish driver overtaking a dutch one. The police tend to give polish drivers a cheaper fine than dutch ones for the same traffic offenses which is really weird.
The fuckery I can't understand is when there are 3 highway lanes and there's a truck trying to overtake a truck trying to overtake a truck

55 mph is not that bad. But driving in second lane is for retards. It was made just to pass others.

The AIs in self-driving trucks will do that shit and more, just to piss your meatbag hum*n ass off.

Attached: LainLaugh.gif (700x704, 295K)

>go to germany
>drive autobahn
>trucks there all kept right, and would move over almost the second they were done passing another truck
it was heaven desu, I do realize we have shit drivers here who manage to go slower than trucks in the right lane, but as a whole I hate truckfags here

Attached: 1446787446651.png (996x1440, 94K)

what was keeping you from passing in the left lane?

Wait until there's enough space, overtake and then do a light brake check to fuck up their mileage numbers

This guy knows the truth.