Why don't Americans and the Japanese understand what luxury is?

Why don't Americans and the Japanese understand what luxury is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YvKmujowxw
youtube.com/watch?v=vPEVn3Sb96g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Mulally#Ford_Motor_Company
youtube.com/watch?v=Xsx4EVnEod8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get the fuck out of here audi fag. Kys

>Japanese don't understand what luxury is

>wool seats

Wool seats won't get hellfire hot in the summer and arctic cold in the winter, plus they dampen noise, amigo.

Luxury used to mean power windows and air conditioning. Now it's just some meme term that encompass someone's personal opinions.

Are you saying that a bad thing? Because that's mega comfy as fuck. I'm all leather anti cloth, but that wool feels great.

If you are going to post a German car then post a fucking Mercedes then BMW you fucking pleb

Audi is the shittest out of the 3

Because they aren’t as self aware as Europeans. They don’t have nearly the same sophisticated heritage and culture. Unlike Lexus, a Benz is not born to simply compete with other brands for market share, it is the culmination of thousands of year of European philosophy.

No. Luxury used to mean Solidity. A car that can live its life going over rough roads and not have a single rattle. Thick Sheet metal and thick paint. Great noise insulation.

>implying wool isnt the best material to use for luxury vehicles
reason germans not use it or anyone else in that matter is because its expensive to do so. and these shitheads want to cheap out on everything, thats why you get eco-leather instead of REAL fuckin leather

>Audi
>luxury

top kek

What about a car that drives over rough roads like it was smooth as glass? What would you classify that?

you fell for the rebranded VW meme

>thinks lexus is luxury

enjoy your toyota

>Toyota
>Luxury

>anything but a maybach or a rolls royce
>luxury

>rolls royce

Literally basketball american tier

>basketball american
what

what is a real luxury car for you?

The C6 is no doubt a Luxury car.

Bentley

Are you kidding? Bentley is for people who can't afford a Rolls.
youtube.com/watch?v=1YvKmujowxw

That's exactly what and who I'm talking about

luxury is about putting a 400+ hp engine in a 4000+lb sedan that goes 0-60 in 7 seconds because it has to carry around 25 heavy motors for the rear passenger heated prostate massagers

>This level of cope
>it is the culmination of thousands of year of European philosophy.
Translation: Pretentious twaddle

>Audi with expensive badges

>'luxury'
>this means it has 2 tons of computers shoved into it
even if I made >$100k/yr I still wouldn't buy a car made after 2000

WTF is that, it looks like somebody took an S2000 and gave it the front end off a fucking Zimmer

At best Lexus is a Mercedes knockoff, and at worst its a spiffed up Toyota. You could top off the options on a goddamn Camry and save $20000 not getting a ES300. The LS and IS and the former GS are cool but that's about it. The rest of the model range is just some Lincoln'ed up Toyotas

They use wool seats so the risk of bringing great dishonnah making a farty sound from the leather getting in our out of the car approaches zero

Because a lot of my fellow burger chucklefucks think luxury just means when a car has leather seats, power windows, some printed woodgrain on the interior plastics and alloy rims instead of cheap hubcaps over steelies

Meanwhile the new Audi that competes with this car is full of glossy piano black plastic and has no real knows and buttons. Yet badgewhores will claim Lexus is the inferior one.

That's what luxury is: something you don't need, not "matches my personal design ethos."

>Implying durability, higher quality materials and better manufacture are not luxuries

No shit a luxury car isn't something you need. But if its going to be something I have to own and drive you bet your ass I am going to buy something nice that is dependable and doesn't feel pathetic to sit inside like a lobby of the free STD clinic, user

What's more durable, a 89 Honda or jag?

Lincoln makes better luxury cars than any soulless eurocuck car (that will break down within 5 years). Cadillac outperforms every eurocuck luxary car.

a mercedes a class has better build quality than any american car in history
cadillacs are slow shitboxes btw

it's not that they don't understand, it's that they have different interpretations

>literally VW

Oh
Here's the Lexus troll

Mercedes is for low iq Arabs who like boring ugly cars. Europeans don't buy them, they buy tiny little cuckboxes from Ford.

so just to check, since i can't really tell anymore

we all acknowledge that audi being shit is just a meme, right

>At best Lexus is a Mercedes knockoff
Call me when a new Mercedes design excites the general public rather than putting it to sleep.

Attached: 01-2018-Lexus-LC-500-Action-KBB.jpg (1200x900, 169K)

Leave

I honestly do not understand how anyone could prefer a modern Audi to it's equivalent of a Benz or BMW. Apart from exterior looks, everything else about them is typically worse in every way in my opinion.

Audi survives solely because of idiots that fall for VW's marketing memes

i drive all three and they're all in the same ballpark, honestly.

because muh quattro is best awd system

>engine ahead of the front axle
>audisteer
>>best awd system

>cadillacs are slow shitboxes btw

What year is it? 2016 CTS-V 0-60 3.5 seconds, quarter mile 11.7

Yup but a M5, E63S, RS7 or Panamera are faster than that.

And over twice as expensive, not to mention three times more unreliable.

>moving goalposts already
A CTS V costs $10k less than a M5 or E63 btw.

> Getting fooled by the leather jew

Durability doesn't make a luxury car, even if some luxury cars happened to be durable.

3.5 ain't slow.

there is a difference between ''Cadillac outperforms every eurocuck luxary car'' and ''b-but it's not that slow''

Because they know there is more to life than cup holders

>ITT Europoors, Nippons and Americlaps thinking they can even begin to compete with British luxury

Attached: dsc_0490.jpg (3008x2000, 2.99M)

zozzle, underrated

>German Luxury

youtube.com/watch?v=vPEVn3Sb96g

b-but a $40k kia flexes a little!

>audi
>luxury, prestige, class, quality
pick one

ive been to that manor. Its very nice.

You fuckers take back what you all say about my lexus.

It's the best car I've owned, almost 100k km on it, and has never gave me any problems. It still drives like how it does off the lot.

Attached: lexusdet1.jpg (1519x859, 231K)

>100k
I'd expect it to not have any problems. what kind of shit tier car has problems before 100k anyway

Regardless, it's a luxury car, and it's a good one. You fuckers are all too poor to even come up with a valid opinion on cars. This is why I don't come to this useless board because it's all neets that buys cars with neetbucks. I just happened to be a faggot that actually makes money because I'm not a retard.

Most of the people on this board are broke benchracers user. Hope you continue to enjoy your Lexus.

Seems like something Trump would have a gold-plated version of.

Ahh yes, the pinnacle of luxury

Attached: 1520690837017~2.jpg (264x97, 9K)

Silly Americans, this is real luxury!

Attached: visual-comp-audi-a7-2~2.jpg (179x100, 6K)

nobody here claims lexus are unreliable cars.

>his car doesn't have a couch instead of seats
lmao germans

Is that an ISF? Does it not feel painfully slow to you? When i test drove one it just felt heavy and bloated. Honestly even the M5 I test drove that same day felt more agile and a lot faster. If its the standard 2014 IS, How do you deal with the weird rubber/plastic interior that lexus uses that just gets dirt and grime eternally stuck in the finish? No lexus that has those interiors are ever decently clean once they leave the dealership. My dad bought a used RC base, interior was clean except for the console but he thought it just needed some elbow grease, used it as a daily and god forbid we could not get it clean no matter what and even hired professional detailer and barely made an improvement. Suffice to say he got rid of it after 6 months I think, and bought an older GS..

this. 100k km is NOTHING on brand new car

>i wuz told leffer is da bezt so IZ DA BEZT

Attached: 1512283186538.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>not realizing wool ultra race

I love vag interiors
They feel very businesslike and professional
They have become however increasingly boring
Early 2000 were a good midpoint, but I love the 90's balls to the wall

I’d LOVE to drive one of these. I wonder if there’s a rental agency in Europe that has these available

You’ve been tricked by a mashup of swoopy lines. Lexus IS about as exciting as herpes

>squeaking plastics
>luxury
the insults write themselves

a black

Walk into a Citroen dealer and pretend you're interested in buying one and ask for a test drive.

Memes don't matter. Cadillac and Lincoln are great.

>Japanese can't do luxur-

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Most VAG products

audis arent luxery lol, they are better than average

>Lincoln makes better luxury cars than any soulless car
Soulless cars for soul-less people....

Attached: Lincoln_Funeral_Car.jpg (1350x900, 214K)

Are you thick? Luxury isn't about those things. A BMW looks nicer on the outside and handles better. The interiors are still barely a step above plastic crap.

Except BMW interiors have better fit and finish than Benz (except the S class). Just because Merc interiors look nice doesn't mean they are high quality.

the real reason germans dont use it bcuz they r too busy fuckin the sheep

>February 2018 sales in Germany
Fucking Americans

Attached: ss+(2018-03-12+at+04.04.44).png (650x307, 8K)

>distant sound of electronics breaking

>rolls royce
>british
this isn't 1980's anymore, everyone knows modern rr is developed and build by germans

>You fuckers take back what you all say about my lexus.
>It's the best car I've owned
The widely-praised former Ford CEO Alan Mulally said that his Lexus was the best car he's owned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Mulally#Ford_Motor_Company

Mulally called his Lexus LS430 the 'finest car in the world', immediately PRIOR to Ford's announcement that Mulally was to be the Ford CEO, making the point that Ford was not then in a leadership position, though he then faced some criticism and switched to driving Ford models. His point was that if you can't face the truth, then it will be difficult to deal with your problems. As part of the economic recovery, Mulally negotiated four new agreements with United Automobile Workers, which brought down labor costs from $76/hour to $55/hour. That was important in light of costs being over $100/hour when benefits, pensions, and medical costs were added together.

One of Mulally's former jobs was project leader of cockpit automation at Boeing which included automated flight and landing. Self-driving automation development continued while he was CEO at Ford. Mulally is now on the Board of Directors of Alphabet (google) so perhaps that is why there had been news of Alphabet and Ford cooperating on self-driving cars.

The only good thing they make is the R18 and they killed it.

>Why don't Americans and the Japanese understand what luxury is?
You viewpoint and understanding shows that you are the proverbial frog in a well.

Attached: American Freedom.jpg (320x320, 27K)

>yurocucks

>Why don't Americans and the Japanese understand what luxury is?
OP apparently doesn't know what luxury is. He's too scared to even describe it in his post for fear of being instantly proven wrong by himself as he writes down contradictions in his logic.

OP might write that Americans aren't self aware as they don't have the same sophisticated culture that Europeans instantly have inserted into their brains when born. Unlike Lexus, a Benz is the culmination of thousands of years of philistine germanic tribal conquests and gassing of people of different opinions. Truly, Benz shows that philosophy with the thousands of years of warlike prowess. It's so top-kek!

people were so fuckin dumb back then and not even including that ford had its own luxury division. I would never drive a car with those ads because people would think I'm an absolute tosser and make fun of me for being a try hard.

And also america did make some luxury cars better than europeans such as with the imperial.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xsx4EVnEod8

Attached: granadamercedes.jpg (754x1024, 671K)