Quitting job today

I've decided two months into my probation period that I need to quit this job. I work from home, so I will have to quit over the phone. I have three questions:

>Should I tell my boss first, or the CEO, who is actually who heavily recruited me?
>How do I feel less guilty about this? The team is very small and is going to be screwed without me helping out. I have known these people for two years now, and agreed to join them in January. They're good people.
>Should I keep this job on my resume even though it's only two months?

Any reason why you'd want to quit that job? I'd personally love to work from home.

what's wrong with the job?

Working from home is sometimes great. I did it for two years a couple years ago and was excited to get back.

However, three things are causing me problems:

>Being alone all day and then still alone when the day ends at 5 is kind of draining, and finding something to do means pretty much just going to bars after work.
>I'm an alcoholic and I'm drinking during work - I've gone from about 8-10 beers a day when home at night to now 18-20 a day.
>From an actual work perspective, it's hard for me to learn concepts just by having them explained over the phone, or keep track of meetings and goals when I don't actually see anyone face to face.

Those are just some of the reasons, but the ones more specific to working from home.

>>How do I feel less guilty about this? The team is very small and is going to be screwed without me helping out. I have known these people for two years now, and agreed to join them in January. They're good people.

If you have extensively talked with your boss and the CEO about your reasons to leave and they aren't willing to accommodate towards you then there's no reason to feel guilty. If you haven't, talk to them first

Why don't you move to their office location or is there no office?

If it's like a POS MLM job that's "performance" based and was sold hot & heavy to you than as far a I'm concerned you shouldn't feel guilty at all. Commission jobs can be great but that's the whole thing..."can". Any job that doesn't pay something as a base in my opinion doesn't hold you and high regard and has a lot of employee turnover.

>he wants the shitty chit chat you get from co-workers
It sounds to me that you have a bigger problem. Going to bars isn't the only way to meet people, you can also go to meet ups, develop friendships, etc. You can also work from anywhere in the world, not just your home.

Drinking so much will only make you depress and spiral towards bad choices.

They hired me and weren't really clear on the fact that they were literally firing everyone and basically restarting the company, with the exception of the CEO and my boss. The CEO did not do her due diligence in asking me about my experience in the field, so there's a huge knowledge gap for me.

There are now four main employees to do all of the work - one of whom is really just supposed to be an adviser.

She implied I'd be doing something else more grand, but now they literally have me cold calling partners to market for our clients.

There is little to no training, and I feel lost and angry at what I'm doing. This barely matches what my job description was.

There is no office.

It was suggested if I really felt the need to work more closely with people that I could go work in my boss's condo, who lives here in the city. That's stupid.

It's not performance based - I'm salaried, and make good money, but there's just aspects of this type of marketing I didn't know were coming.

I have other friends, but there's only so much going on when they get off work - they've been at the office all day and just wanna rest, while I've been sitting at home watching ESPN and desperately want someone to do something with.

I'm working on the drinking, but not drinking isn't going to be a cure-all.

Go to some alcohol help group. Go straight to the gym after work or go running in some park. Get fit and meet people there. If you have a good relationship with your boss and colleagues, tell them that you have problems.(Do not do this if you can lose your job) Definitely drop the alcohol and switch it out with something positive. Search for a new job before you quit.

>Search for a new job before you quit.

T
H
I
S

I'm working on the alcohol thing. Telling my bosses about it would be a horrible idea, mainly because me being sober isn't going to change how I feel about the job, and secondarily because they're tied in to the industry here where I live and could possibly express it to others.

As far as finding another job first, when I left my last job, I had a ton of suitors and interested people. My job is pretty in demand, so it won't be too hard to get that to happen. I currently have two very strong renewed leads with major companies.

But I don't want to just hold out and wait until I find something - they are going to give me three very big, multi-month projects today, that if I left in the middle of, would basically necessitate an entire relaunch of the project. Better they assign it to someone who isn't leaving.

Bumping since this is going down in 45 minutes.

Good luck man

>me being sober isn't going to change how I feel
Sometimes it does

Shitty. Im fighting the potatoe juice. Gotta kick it before i get rich and retire or ima dead man.

What's your job?

Find some shared office space and do your work there instead of at home.

Jesus i'm jealous, and you're complaining

Why would you be jealous of that existence?

>chronic loneliness
>heavy alcoholism
>no goals