There is literally no benefit to driving a manual over an auto

There is literally no benefit to driving a manual over an auto

Attached: IMG_8544.jpg (384x384, 32K)

someone please reply I need (you)'s

Attached: 1501378542313.jpg (480x542, 42K)

More precise weight control and if inplimented in soy boi electric would extend distance and battery use besides that you are correct

you are entitled to your opinion, user.

Attached: big-man-tyrone-57b5f0fe7a6f3.jpg (378x568, 17K)

Agreed. Manual transmission is fun, but currently has no advantage. We will see a point where no manuals are manufactured in our lifetimes.

Automatics cannot tell if you are coasting or stopping, so they will not engine break.

Automatics cannot tell if you are about to accelerate, so they will not downshift to achieve more torque.

>no benefit
Fun is a benefit.
>no advantage
Fun is an advantage

Attached: 1355435448.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

>engine break
BRAKE before someone else catches it.

Plus, lighter weight and greater long term reliability.

Depends on the car.

an 80's or 90's auto will almost always get worse gas mileage and be slower in a straight, the factory equipped manual that came in the same car.

>fun is a benefit
Some people might find 3-speed, 5000lb land barges more fun. What's your point?

>muh 20+ year old vehicles

>the majority of vehicles on the road.

dont be salty because youre too stupid to learn how to drive one

that that is still a benefit?

Well, then for some people it isn't benefit.

You got a CVT turdbucket don't you OP?

Manuals prevents retards from driving op, I think they should be required sometimes.

standard v auto = bolt action v semi auto
one does the work, the other makes you do the work, either way the work gets done. who cares.

it's more enjoyable to do the work yourself in this case so the people who enjoy driving cars would care. auto is fine if you are a busrider though

That was 20 years ago.

You can engine break an automatic, just not in D. Instances where engine breaking is actually useful are far and few between. Unless you live in the mountains.

no shit automatics have like 7-11 gears

manuals cant compete with that and even the rare 7sp manuals have dumb spacing and 3 overdrives

>Instances where engine braking is actually useful are few and far between

What world do you live in? I hardly ever use my brake pedal for anything but flashing the lights or stopping the last few mph. I always rev match downshift to slow down, no wear on anything and I'm always in a gear to go if I need to. Inb4 muh revving hurts engines, I'm a dorito.

Not even close.

Jokes on you I ride a horse to work everyday. Old tech always wins

there is in bad/snowy conditions actually. Manual is far better and safer than the auto in snow.

Theft protection if you live in America

jokes on you i walk to work. the original way to transport yourself and you do all the work is best.

did not know manuel gave you more traction. fuk snow tires i will buy a manuel

I own a manual and two automatic cars and really it's no big deal either way.
People making a big deal out of it are just trying to claim something, anything to establish their social status on a mongolian fingerpainting BBS, which is kinda sad.

manual has to advantage that it is pure mechanics. No electronics, just gears.
Slightly higher efficiency when on long trips.
No slip while driving.
Engine braking
lower price when buying a new car (or used in Burgerland).

engine braking
push starting
driving enjoyment if you are not a retarded comfyfag
being able to be in the gear you want the moment you want

Attached: del.jpg (599x338, 41K)