/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Daedra's bullying edition.

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will likely never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition for the above reasons. Please do not ask again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DwfX1aa7
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83351/?
mega.nz/#!ThUUCRbQ!BZWM9PvbquoAt_GhrzbZz6BD1-wC3WtIvqVyEmgKOys
youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36079/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39730/?
modgames.net/load/tes_v_skyrim/bronja/gladiator_set/249-1-0-14945
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69299/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53047/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can you sleep at night knowing that your waifu looks like some Loverslab reject in comparison to this?

So, do you guys actually play and discuss lore or is it mostly posing and fapping at this point?

I play more than anything else but it's modded like a rogue-like than Skyrim at this point. The best thing about Skyrim is you can mod the game to do what you want over time.

I'm non stop modding the game until i become satisfied but then by then the game is completely unplayable and broken that i have to throw it all away and start the cycle over.

>running around adventuring on a new game
>suddenly
>ANOTHER HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON
fuck, I'm all the way in Winterhold, I don't want to travel so fucking far.

I want to marry Mistel.
I want to fuck Freir.
I want to adopt Cecile and Nim.
I want to murder Natalia.

You can do all that stuff at the same time.

every thread

first for desperately looking for armor

I have two profiles. The fap one, with big titty futa anime waifus, colorful graphics and sex mods that clog my scripts and the survivalist perma-death one with challenging combat and other lore-friendly role playing mods.

I play one after the other.

If I had one Zimbabwean dollar for every time this gets asked, I could retire tomorrow.

Yo, I found that stone the other day. The fuck is it for?

Fuck it, I guess we 4S now.

Until you like it.

What kind of armour are you after?

just trying my luck in case someone had this happen to him
installed enhanced camera for Oblivion
it DOES work, except I turn into a fucking giant in 1st person for some reason and the Emperor and Blades have to tilt their heads up when they talk to me
what the fuck did I do wrong?

>want to use scarves mod
>scarves mod chugs the game every time I use the tanning rack for leather and often causes CTD

>it's modded like a rogue-like
how?

I cheesed him easily

yes

>Cecile
>adopting an adult
that's some crazy fetish, user.

Did you miss the fucking voice telling you what to do with it?

Where did this whole "Cecile isn't a loli" meme come from?

>What kind of armour are you after?
heavy armor with a tattered cloth semi covering it.
something like in the beginning of dark souls 2.

I am also fine with anything that comes close to it. might end up trying to make it myself

Yes

>4S
i never finished that quest, it wasn't special was it
wew, nice job on the retexture.
Nayan with black hair is weird though.

What level were you?

It's literally the truth. Cecile is an adult gothic lolita. That's not the same as a loli.

From the creator and just the fact she isn't a loli in general.

but she obviously is one

Yes user. This is clearly the body of a child.

good job dork

Anybody got a list handy of the coolest Argonian mods for Skyrim? Feels like they got shirked the most in vanilla.

You obviously don't know what a loli is.

Goddamn it feels fuckin good to not be a pedo.

Have you check the Dark Souls 2 Retouched mod on the OP site? Might have something more up your alley.

It's a pretty tedious sidequest that requires 95% unit data, and I can't remember what happens when you complete it. I think 4S is supposed to represent 9S before he lost his innocence/marbles, 9S is kinda curt and unfriendly with him.
Thanks. Yeah, the wig is borked. I've set it to act as normal hair, but it turns black.

Thanks nerd. I'll fiddle around with the .esp a little more and upload it in a bit.

You don't need to be a pedo to have basic knowledge of what a child looks like.
Being ignorant isn't something to be proud of.

What would your waifu do if her OTP died?

What if she doesn't has OTP

Then the question doesn't apply to you you dumb cunt.

Is that Arish? Whatever you did to her, it's not working. Revert the changes.

Dunno.

user asked about waifus, boys aren't waifus

>heavy armor with a tattered cloth semi covering it.
I'm probably going to continue this one, though, it's not fully covered with cloth. I do want to make my character wear clothes like the Peacekeeper in For Honor, with a hood and a full helmet on.

That looks great. You planning on releasing it when it's done?

Yeah, I might. Though, I'm lacking motivation and I'm getting busy here and there with work.

that looks sick.

i like the dark souls style of it

hello yes could you please send me that Ancient Nord torso piece? Fellow mash-upper here, and I've been trying to find that breastplate seperately for I don't know how long, but there's never anything but bikini pieces, and the one "male" version I found was just the entire set but with pieces made invisible to accommodate another armor.

Guys, should i follow Gopher or Gamer Poets on how to mod the game?

I've played Skyrim with mods before, i used Wrye Bash as the mod manager and it kinda worked but 65% of the time i didn't know what i was doing or if it was right or no.

So, Mod Organizer is the way to go right? Can i trust the "Modding Skryrim: start to finish" videos of Gamer Poets?

We've got this, though a couple links went down it seems. Give'er a look pastebin.com/DwfX1aa7

>95%
oh god, yeah no, 82% was fine enough for me.
not like I can do that anymore anyways

i followed gopher when i first started modding. i enjoy alot of his content.

never heard of gamer poets though

NPC mods:
Rogue-like encounters
Genesis
DFB Random encounters
AAE for certain enemies and resists (necros and vampires)
HLE
Radiant Spawn Engine (depends on playthrough I don't enable it off the bat)

I use the Uncapper and encounter zones unlocked. More AI bashed patch and Higher Difficulty to set the fLevel multipliers .25 higher.
Rogue-like encounters works great with DFB and Genesis as Rogue-like changes leveled lists. I hand patch the stuff together to make sure NPCs get perks/uncapped levels/stats and my leveled lists are modified to my taste (harder).

Skytweak to tweak combat to make sure its challenging, but the tweaks change depending on what build I am playing as.

Dungeons:
Skyrim Underground
Darkend
Genesis Watchtowers
Populated Forts & Towers
Populated Dungeons

Loot:
DDL
More interesting loot
Immersive Jewelry
Wintermyst - sometimes

Character/Followers:
iAFT, set follower to die 30% of the time if they go down
Ordinator

Misc:
Missives

If I die, I'm dead, I gotta start again. So I've learned to be really careful and prepare, still haven't got high enough level to try Darkend yet

Wow how rood.

Thank you user, I was going to make a new pure-gameplay profile and that looks very good as a core

Its my 2nd character in progress you cute dingus. Started completely from scratch and I need to add some speciul snowflakes additions to her yet.

Interesting how you recognized similarity.

I forgot to add that you need to deal with corpses by having your cells reset faster than usual, or using that Dead NPC cleaner.

I've had no stability issues with the build

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of these armors. I'll be doing way more of these but currently, motivation is a little dull.

I was searching for it since I had worked on that one a couple days ago. It's from Practical Female Armors. The thing is, you'll have to find a body cloth that would suit this armor because there are some bits that show skin. Nonetheless, it's obviously a great armor.
Be careful with Practical Female Armors, though, always check the bones weights on the armors that you import because the Orcish armor (pic related) had weighted bones that were bugged.
If you want clothes and such? Head here: nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83351/? and have a blast mixing stuff.
Unpacking the Skyrim.bsa is also a really good way to get more stuff in your mashups to use.

>Genesis
How's it? I was thinking about installing it because I love the random factor and more monsters in my dungeons.
Does it make monsters such as Frostbite Spiders pop out of nowhere though? That's my main gripe with it if so.

Have you released anything in the past? I could use something proper besides bikini armors.

Nothing yet. These two armor mashups are my very first ones. The Orcish armor being the first. I'm still learning and I'll take my time to do something good though.

>the one from Practical Armors is just one full solid mesh
t-thanks

>get skyrim underground
>get lost for like an hour while running away from spooky skeletons and other abominations
going down there at level 10 was a mistake

It won't make spiders pop out of nowhere much, but it does have a spider level list. It is lightweight and searches for keywords that vanilla type npcs have, then spawns using their leveled lists.

The reason it's great with Rogue-like encounters is that it uses vanilla leveled lists - as shown in the pic - which Rogue-like changes, meaning you get cool varied spawns, not repetitive ones.

You could always edit out the spider lists or the spider keyword check in the script but I hardly ever see any anymore.

Ooh, damn, that's good. And you just, what, import various parts into Nifskope and delte what you don't need, or something?

Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing. You'll have to remove the vertices and that can be a real pain. I had a ton of patience and even though I was absolutely annoyed, I ended up removing most bits. You can cover up with skirts or pants, anyways. The pants I used on the first armor mashup are from Dark Souls 2's pack. You just need to be patient with the work on it. It's painful but it does wonders.

>The reason it's great with Rogue-like encounters is that it uses vanilla leveled lists - as shown in the pic - which Rogue-like changes, meaning you get cool varied spawns, not repetitive ones.
Oh, so you'll have random monsters popping out in the dungeons? I thought it was more basic. That's really good. I'll give it a try. Did you have any issue with Genesis? I checked a couple posts from its mod page mentioning about some compatibility issues or whatever. Maybe it's just rare issues.

Yeah, exactly. I use Outfit Studio to edit the meshes and mash them together with other armor accessories. Importing .nif's, yadayada. It's a lot of fun, but it can take time. I should be using Nifskope for it, but I never thought about Nifskope until now. I'm an absolute shitter so you might have a much better time than I do.

mega.nz/#!ThUUCRbQ!BZWM9PvbquoAt_GhrzbZz6BD1-wC3WtIvqVyEmgKOys

Enjoy.

I want to install that. I know it needs a few compatibility patches with stuff though. Is there a story and dialogue?

I prefer NifSkope because you can move stuff around and transform it, but Outfit Studio is fantastic for fixing clipping. It also helps a lot for testing normals, which NifSkope (or at least my older version) can't do.

youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o

>no gladiator armor ever modded into game over course of six years
Hah, well, fuck me then.

>I'm an absolute shitter so you might have a much better time than I do.
Oh, don't put yourself down. You're a newer waifufag than I am, yet I've been wanting to do this kind of stuff for years now. It's good you got on it. I'm just trying to tell myself that what I want to do isn't as hard as I keep thinking it is.

not sure if there is story, apparently there's a few merchants down there and i found some skeleton captain who had a note on him.
but yeah def try it out! it's cooler than i expected it to be and it seems huge

tfw you turn around after looting something and see this fucker behind you

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36079/?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39730/?

modgames.net/load/tes_v_skyrim/bronja/gladiator_set/249-1-0-14945

>Genesis
I hate crashes so I strip out anything that causes instability, I've never run into any problems with Genesis. It's the reason why I don't run SoT.

The mod places skulls in dungeons, when the skull loads, it scans around you NPC keywords and creates new spawns from its lists. If there is crashing or problems it's because of something else combining with it, or just too many spawns for your setup. There are patches to use it with other mods (just adds skulls to new areas), but only a few are up to date. Rogue-like encounters sets a number of enemy factions to be friendly so you don't get stuff fighting each other.

There are settings in the MCM so you can lower or raise the max number of spawns, set it to only spawn when no enemies are at a spawn/near you. You can also set it so enemies don't spawn close to you.

What House has the most interesting quests in Morrowind?

Do rougelike encounters add a lot of enemies or are the spawns a bit rare?

>but Outfit Studio is fantastic for fixing clipping
Yeah, I was pretty impressed when I saw that it had tools to reduce clipping on armor. Literally a dream come true.

Hey, thanks, user. Never give up on it. If you got any questions, hit me up in my tumblr and I'll contact you through Discord if you want to.

Oh, right, right. SoT is the one that causes crashes, not Genesis.
That's pretty good then. I'll install it when I get the time to do it. I hope it doesn't mess up with current saves. I really don't want to reset my save.

Yeah, it adds a lot of mixed groups, but it's much better with DFB. With DFB, you can even set up the cooldown on when more random monsters can spawn or have double encounters.
Roguelike is definitely recommended. A huge adored one by me. You might hate the Skavens if you're in a new save. Low level 1 Skavens straight up one-shoot you most of the time.

It doesn't add spawns, it adds to a spawn's possible outcomes depending on your level.

Instead of a wolf spawning in the forest, you might get an ogre.

It doesn't add more spawns to a particular point to your game, but it uses vanilla leveled lists so its very compatible.

There are 300+ new creatures and some are really rare and tough, while some are more common.

Ex: If you encounter 6 bandits in a dungeon, 3-4 might be new creatures like a Riekling Knight or Sload

DFB?

Delet this
This screenshot is making me feel uncomfortable.

Ummm, how about no??

Don't worry, she's going to cosplay as Kaarina next.

Do you recommend using the new gear and spells of Roguelike encounters?

My bad, Rogue-like doesn't add but replace vanilla spawns. I thought it added when I tested it out without DFB since I had seen plenty of monsters thrown around in my tested Skyrim.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32394/?
It's a Randomizer for monster spawns.

Yeah, I had it since the first go and never had a complain about it.

>all these retexture mods on the front page of the Nexus
desu senpaitachi i miss when it was filled with shitty nexus waifus

Genesis is really lightweight, just adds an Evil Skull to the areas it effects. It's pretty safe. Always backup and mark saves before adding mods mid-play of course.

The only possible effect it could have on your game is that it may overwrite cell data like name/height/weather data. All mods that add objects to the gameworld overwrite those. Only issue is if you have mods that customized cell data heavily, and get overwritten now. You can always check that in tes5edit but 99% of the time I doubt an issue arises.

probably your pic related, that's what everyone goes with

Neat, I'm going to try it before I go back to Vigilant.

The expand and contract tools are hhhnnnggg.

what are some mods that add more enemy spawns to the game, outside of ASIS? also, what are you guys opinions on ASIS itself?

>Genesis is really lightweight, just adds an Evil Skull to the areas it effects. It's pretty safe. Always backup and mark saves before adding mods mid-play of course.
Oh, sweet. Good stuff.

The only thing I'm against about OS is the select vertices tool. It's so goddamn annoying, man.

DFB - Randomizer. Rogue-like Encounters. Genesis for dungeons. I can't speak about ASIS since I never tried it, but it seems to add a ton of monsters in dungeons which can be neat but I'm just not sure if it also adds random ones.

i see, thanks
to be honest ive already used ASIS and it's actually pretty good, because it has a few optional features as well like making it so npcs can use custom mod spells and potions. but the last time i used it i think i mustve misconfigured it because i took a while playing VIGILANT and when I came back, the north part of the map (next to those gelid mountains and close to winterhold), there were literally hundreds of those little shits added by Dawnguard (forgot the name of the creatures), and as soon as i walked into that area my game's framerate dropped to below 10. i installed it and the patched my LO in its default settings so i dont know what i did wrong

Will installing Colorful magic mid game break your save?

nah it shouldnt.

Any good alternatives for apocalytic magic if you want balanced stuff?

just dont use the imbalanced spells mate
or ramp up the difficulty by installing combat mods and whatnot

But I dont even know which magic mod to use..

I want to play Oblivion again after years, but I want to do it modded. I feel retarded looking at the modding guides because I have never had the desire to mod a game prior. Is it actually difficult to mod oblivion or am I just a frothing retard?

>implying hotfiles actually means much

Can I get some modding help? I'm trying to edit this mod
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69299/?
so that I can use with with the tops from TAWoBA. I'm trying to make it take up slot 52, and have edited both the esp records and the nifs to do so. However, whenever I equip it, it just doesn't show up. It doesn't make my body invisible, like if the slot tags didn't match up. I just have a nude body where a body covered in chainmail should be. I'm aware the mod has a racemenu overlays option, but I don't want to use that if I can help it.

That sounds super odd. I tried checking on that issue on its commentary section but there's nothing about that. Maybe there was an issue between a mod related to Dawnguard and ASIS, compatibility issues.
Have you tried the improved ASIS?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53047/?

heh

It's not hard, you just have to read the readmes for mods you're installing, carefully. You can easily fuck your shit up but it's not hard to mod the game.

If you have any questions to post them here with "oblivion" in your post and I'll answer it eventually.

You really just need to understand how Oblivion (and modern Beth games in general) handles data. All assets like models, textures, and sounds are in the 'data files' folder, either compressed in a BSA archive file, or in their respective folders (meshes, textures, sounds, etc). The game knows how and where to use all these assets with esm and esp files, which hold all the game information.

>tfw no good armor for crossbow characters