/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #547

''Some people just want to watch the world burn'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13590316
strawpoll.me/13590327
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does Rachel seem pissed off and "kind of standoffish" when you get to the junkyard no matter what you do? Did I fuck up?

You're doing fine

>"So Max, what do you think of the story so far? I told you Rachel was hella awesome. Sorry about all the parts with me being mad at you, but I want to be honest with how I was back then..."

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Oh, it was because it was her dad at the park, wasn't it? Derp.

Warren got this.

>that point in Chloe and Max's text messages where Max just stops responding because she doesn't know how to communicate with someone who isn't really in her life anymore

I've been there. "I'm busy" is the lamest non-excuse ever, what you mean to say is "I still care about you but I don't know how to show it since you're not really part of my life anymore, so it's probably best if we just don't talk anymore."

hits close to home, I literally have never kept contact with anyone I move away from even though I feel sad about it

Chloe is #1

Ha.

Anybody know which programm that is?

So this is like 2010 yet Chloe's phone is a dinosaur turd, was the evolution of smartphones severely delayed in this timeline

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>it lets you smash the junkyard up and all the options are smash
KINO

She gets angry because of her dad no matter what, you can only escalate that or try being understanding (but Chloe will still start drama anyway because obviously her self worth is 0 and she thinks its about her doing something wrong)
Seems like they never put pic related in the game in the end.
Or maybe its for other episodes.

I'll say that I haven't yet read any of the journal entries. I had to just watch a play through, and they didn't show any of them. In a few weeks or so when someone works out a way to get the thing running on Macs, I'll definitely be playing through and making sure I go over that stuff. Saving the sweet stuff for a proper go through. But it also means I'm probably missing a lot of context given that the journals are so Max-centric.

But yeah, I think it can all work regardless, it just didn't really "feel" like if flowed for me without being able to see all the stuff that would inevitably happen in between. Just remembering back to their first scenes together in S1 Ep1 Chloe is pretty happily chatty with Max, her reaction is mostly just a relaxed "well we didn't keep in contact, but happy to have you back brah" ... while she seems much more upset and resentful about it in BtS.

>That fucking car scene is pushing it.
Random question: is that car in the junkyard in Season 1? Probably not? Might be interesting if it is though, I can't remember? A detail: it's right in front of the red car that Chloe nurses Max on after she passes out from her vision.

C A N O N

I feel like a particular dune quote really suits this episode
>There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man — with human flesh.

She's poor and antisocial user, look at her computer

>the floor of William's car has dried blood on it
VERY KINO

I was wondering about that pic, the few other YouTube clips I've seen of that scene never got hulk Rachel. Something they changed, or some set of options very few people picked?

>That was most definitely NOT my mom
Her face looks so similar to yours though are you sure Rachel.

So is the TheDoctor Warren? Will we ever escape him?

Christ, the drawing of Max hanging from a tree. Is Chloe that mad at Max?

What the fuck was Max's problem that she couldn't reply to Chloe's multiple messages over the course of two months, no one is that busy

I'm starting to no longer hold it against Chloe that she was so resentful of Max leaving

I caught that too. Are the other users also characters or just randoms?

I don't remember getting these messages from Warren

It's awkward trying to converse with someone who's become so detached from your life, I don't blame her

>Max and Chloe literally say 5 years of silence without a call or text in the original
>Deck Nine: b-but
What retcon bullshit.

It works better this way. Chloe not reaching out to Max doesn't make any sense.

I can't decide whether I want to replay the episode with different choices or not

>PS Pris from Blade Runner popped into my head last time I rubbed one. I mean, at first I was thinking about Deckard and that smolder of his, but then Pris just totally stole the show. Probably nothing there. Think I just want her bangs

W-what did Chloe mean by this

So how is before the storm ?
I don't know if I should play it or not since there is no Max and I don't give a shit about rachel

You can say whatever you want makes more sense to your headcanon user, the original canon is that they both say this and Deck Nine is breaking with this.

I'm glad people defended Nathan.

If you can retcon things without it being too blatant and it improves the canon, then I say go for it.

>Rachel knows exactly when and where Chloe will need help during the concert
>Rachel knows Chloe talked her way into the party
>Rachel knows if Chloe defended Nathan
>Rachel knows the exact moment Chloe will be coming inside school so she leaves her theater club and goes to meet her
>Rachel knows Chloe can't be allergic to cats because she had a cat (Inb4 "haha i was just stalking you")

I mean, according to leaks we're meeting Rachel's parents in Episode 2.

>ansia on Rachel's hand
What does it mean?

I did. The only real differences so far are a some different text messages and people not freaking out about your black eye all episode

I think this is a pretty major retcon and whether it improves canon is not really up to you user. And with all respect, not to Deck Nine either. That is them being disrespectful to the original canon.

But whatever, let's see what else they do.

From the closing scene:
>Rachel: And you had the courage to tell me you feel it too
(referring to Chloe admitting her feelings, if you made that choice). Fuck, this is what I didn't want. I don't want Rachel to have actual romantic feelings for Chloe.

Anyone else hella surprised by this game? I was almost convinced it was going to be meh, but after playing for a while it feels just as magical as S1 did.

Great music, great facial animations, good dialogue, Rachel living up to the image I had of her in every way.

She definitely has power over people of some kind. You can call her out on her control over people at one point and she quickly laughs it off

>The piano-dominated song playing over Chloe burning the picture of her dad
Holy shit, fucking gorgeous

I've had medium expectations and it shot a bit over that. I'm not liking it as much as I did the original all that time ago, like I'm not blown away and so in love with the characters and the world, but that's also because the original was just so unique, and this one is obviously copying a lot and aiming for a very similar style/effect/etc

That's not muh Dana

It's because of the voicemail man...
even though he fuckin kills rachel

I dunno, 3 or 4 texts with Max being a little bit flaky after she arrives in Seattle seems like a pretty reasonable 'retcon' to me. It's certainly in line with Max's character. And you could argue (perhaps poorly?) that those lame texts don't really count as meaningful contact ... and it helps with Chloe's motivation in the new game. So, eh, feels fine to me.

It's good. At least as good as Season 1. Do it.

It's on Chloe's hand, isn't it? What was the last hand-note she had in the game? Could this just be some random filler text that they forgot to scrub out? (Or maybe something introduced from the vision sequence?)

It's suspicious, but I don't feel like it's any more suspicious than when we were all like "everyone loves Rachel, she must have used time travel powers like Max!" And in the end, it turned out she probably wasn't using powers (with BtS potentially retconning that notwithstanding). So I think we'll need a little bit more before we can really say much about this sort of stuff.

Fun as heck to speculate about tho.

Not-Dana's "meeeooowww" made my dick curl up into a ball and retreat far into my abdomen.

Seriously, can we talk about how OBVIOUSLY the most pressing supernatural element of this episode was the fact that best-girl Dana has been body swapped by aliens or vampires or someshit?

>Rachel actually starts a real forest fire
Oh what the fuck

Keep in mind we've only seen 1 episode so far. I remember not being super sold on life is strange until EP2, and I still hold that Ep1 is the weakest of them all.

I NEED GOOD CHLOE ART STAT

I wasn't expecting to be disappointed but yeah I love it.
Cinematography, the music, the atmosphere and the dialogue are all great.
I only wish the character models of new faces were better.

>Telling Rachel "you are more than just friends" is only at 69%
Surprisingly low, senpai. Loyalty to Pricefield will win the day.

Also, that episode 2 "preview", if you can call it that. Low resolution (maybe 720p), looks rendered in SFM, and just one uninteresting clip.

I told Rachel they are just friends and i'm not particularly loyal to Pricefield, I just feel like Chloe wouldn't tell someone she loves them on the day they meet

I thought evan was such a autismo nerd for his fire schtick and then bam

>And in the end, it turned out she probably wasn't using powers
I don't think anything in S1 proved she couldn't have had powers. Maybe she died, but Max had powers and she would have died too had David not found her in time since one mistake cost her all the options.
Not sure what Rachel's deal is but there's definitely something weird going on with her in BtS

It'd be interesting to see the reactions of someone who hadn't played Season 1. Because I feel like a lot of the "emotion" I felt was helped a lot by everything we went through in the first game. Would new players feel as strongly about it all as we did?

But for sure, it was pretty great even as just the "setup" episode. So I hope, like Season 1, that this is just the start of better things to come.

(Also, I wonder if it'll feel different because it's only three episodes instead of five? Length wise, we're closer to the end of S1's Episode 2 than we are to the end of S1's Episode 1. Will be interesting to see what the state of play is at the end of next episode).

>I only wish the character models of new faces were better.
Yeah. Rachel's face in places are just ... really bad. Didn't detract too much, but it was odd to see all the new facial animation/expression contrasted against Rachel's sometimes-botox-looking face.

Yeah, it does feel awfully rushed.

I'd like to see a play-through of someone playing through BTS and then season 1 afterwards just to see how it effects their view on the characters

I was entranced and obsessed with LiS from the very first second I saw it. BtS is interesting and promising (just by virtue of being set in the same world etc but also because it made me interested on its own) but it is not (yet (hopefully)) anywhere near that important and special to me.

Is it worth it ?

Pretty much, this, I did say 'something more' in the end but it was a tough choice. You arent sure if saying this isnt gonna actually scare her away by being so needy this fast. I just thought fuck it Im gonna save scum if shes weirded out

Anyone know what that final track was? It doesn't seem to appear in mixtape mode.

Yes.

Nathan seemed like such a pussy how did he end up 'cool' by the time max gets there

>Nathan's playing Caliban in Blackwell's version of the Tempest

Well, ain't that on the nose. Of course, as previously discussed, Rachel being Prospera/Prospero is as well.

>I don't think anything in S1 proved she couldn't have had powers.
Oh sure, she could have. I was just under the impression that it was left like "we didn't really have any plan for that" more so than "we had this big backstory lore for Rachel, but never included it in the game". Like, they never really had any expectation that Rachel was using powers to win over the kids at school. I guess we'll never really know until Dontnod feel like they wanna talk more freely about Season 1, and certainly theres a lot that can fit in there if BtS wants to go in that direction. As you said, there certainly seems to be something weird going on with her in BtS.

I wasn't expecting that, nor Victoria seemingly like she isn't really a top Queen Bee. But it also makes sense, they're not the seniors this time around, there are other older kids who are cock of the walk. Seemed super weird to hear Victoria talking to Chloe though. (And I liked that little bit of self-aware graffiti between Rachel and Victoria in the theatre classroom!)

I was actually a little surprised to hear how Victoria described the Vortex Club. It wasn't totally fucked up originally, until the Prescott's/Chase's got involved?

I don't know. I always got the impression that her being able to blend into literally every group and be perfect at everything she does, when compared to Max's gaining powers and suddenly getting on the good side of every social group as well was kinda deliberetely suspicious.
As for Dontnod, I dont know if they ever answered about this particular topic but even if they said "this was never planned" i wouldnt trust them because they would claim before that nothing was cut when they literally put lines in the official trailers that were hinting at bigger story developments than the end result.

Just finished Ep 1. Skeptical at first, but it def won me over by the end.

So which choices have you made?

fuck thats creepy

I ignored Joyce's text while in the junkyard even though i told her i'd do better and respond. I'm in trouble right?

You don't say

>I always got the impression that her being able to blend into literally every group and be perfect at everything she does ...
It's hard to read. But I dunno, for the most part it feels to me like she was just nice to everyone, and was also attractive? Seems like enough of a superpower for the results? Jefferson called her a "social chameleon", and I think that's about as far as the game highlights it. Otherwise it's mostly just "oh yeah, she was pretty cool", "yeah, she was nice to me", "she posed for pics for me", "she let me sketch her", and so on. Comparing it to the results of Max's rewinds make it look more suspicious, but I'm not really sure it's soooo odd otherwise. And if it were supernatural in nature, would it make sense for Icky Vicky to hate her still?

My personal impression is still that that the "Rachel used powers to make everyone like her" stuff was probably unplanned by Dontnod, and just a cute little parallel between Max and Rachel the fans noticed. Buuut, I might be totally wrong.

> ... i wouldnt trust them ...
Yeah I agree, that's what I meant when I said "until Dontnod feel like they wanna talk more freely". I don't really trust too much about anything they say yet, but maybe at some point in the future we'll get a more open and candid discussion about their choices in the first game?

Still fun to speculate about!

The Queen of Arcadia bay/whatever that AMA was, that has to be Rachel right? Or maybe the girl in white.

>the guy is at her house
David better fucking be there and slap that lowlife fucker's shit. Who could it be? Damon sounds like he would be above making upset house visits to teenage girls over something.

I thought it was the t-shirt guy? I took his money and bought pot from Frank.

>And if it were supernatural in nature, would it make sense for Icky Vicky to hate her still?
Well Max has the ability to become sorta friends with Victoria, Taylor etc or she can tell them all to eat shit.
Maybe Rachel didn't give enough of a shit to get Victoria to like her. Or she actually enjoyed making everyone else love her except Victoria so Vicky can be more bitter and insecure about herself.

That's optional though, so I don't think that can be it. The t-shirt guy also looked way too unconsequential with how low-effort his modelling is.

Season 1 Chloe felt like a bit of a big boofy dog who is sweet and affectionate when around it's owner, but standoffish and barky when dealing with other people.

Before the Storm Chloe feels like a cute little yappy dog who is aggressive and barkish at most people without realising how smol it is.

Maybe it's t-shirt guy if you stole from him to pay back Frank and buy pot and it's Frank if you didn't steal because Chloe still owes him money.

Could be but Frank's profile in Chloe's journal actually notes he has a soft spot for her and always lets her get another dose even if she owes him.
Plus you can ask him for weed, he says to pay him back first and when Chloe backtracks he doesn't say anything about it.
So going from that to him breaking into her house and banging on her doors over $175 would be kinda a flip. Not to mention she owes him significantly more in LIS1 and while he is way more angry about it, still not "breaking into house" angry.

>being a Nathan apologist

I don't know, I really doubt Frank would do that

Pricefield Cuteposting in a Post-BtS thread!

well in spanish it means, "anxiety"

Pricefield forever

the fuck? where was that?

>Implying you have to be a Nathan apologist to emphasize somewhat with his character

So what the fuck was going on when Rachel was burning down the tree and she was screaming her lungs out. Why were there these obvious SWOOP effects? Is she a witch?

Speaking of Nathan, do you ever get to see what is in his folder? Maybe I missed the right choice?

The senior describes it as something like "weird shit", which makes it sound like it's not just regular photography. But at the same time, I can't imagine it's anything as weird as drugged girls (especially as he hasn't met Jefferson yet). I guess it could just be like the pictures we see in S1 Ep4, like dead birds and stuff?

I don't want that either, unless there's a point where it clearly ends and they just keep being friends to keep it consistent with how things are heavily hinted to be in S1. Even then Chloe can't just stop having feelings for Rachel so they proceed trying to keep things un-awkward between them.

If they really were together than Chloe doesn't show it very much in S1 and Rachel's writings then make her seem crazy to think she could cheat on Chloe with two guys and want to tell Chloe about it. Every time that point about the letter about Jefferson and sleeping with Frank is brought up, those saying they are totally girlfriends get real quiet or try to deflect onto something else like how "She totally called Rachel her angel."

With that final line, maybe Rachel is hinting to something else entirely different though. Like Rachel can feel something supernatural happening and she thinks Chloe does too.

I have the exact same percentages and played on PS4. So they pool every platform together? Was this known/already in LiS?

(^ ^)/ AND EVER