Is being frugal worth it? I buy coffee twice a day even though i only have $4000 in the bank

Is being frugal worth it? I buy coffee twice a day even though i only have $4000 in the bank.

you should invest those 4k in crypto dude

>Is being frugal worth it?
I think so. You don't need to be obsessively frugal, but obvious shit like brewing your own coffee is easy and saves a lot over time.

Add the cost of all those coffees together and find out how much you spend on coffee each year.

$3 for each coffee right? So $6 a day, 365 days a year. $2190 a year on coffee.

Or you buy a brew kit and locally roasted coffee. A pound bag lasts me months for $20, a $35 v60 and a cheap gooseneck kettle ($35), i save hundreds

Buy a nespresso machine and you will enjoy better coffe for a fraction of the cost.
>You can even go generic for cheaper

If you do the calculations for it, $20 for say two months @ a one pound bag= $120 per year + $70 for the kettle and cone. $190 per year ain't too bad plus the 100 filters for $5. Aint too bad

Coffee is for boomers and hipsters just pop a 200mg caffeine pill with some cold water with bcaas

If OP saves that money and makes just a 1% return on it, it will be around $110k in 40 years

Nespresso is pretty good for what it is. I have a slayer single group head at my house, being a STEM/ medical professional has its perks.

>t. Shitposting from my clinic office, feels good to work at a rural hospital in Commiefornia

OP here, I hate being at home because I live with my parents and the house is too loud. That's why I buy coffee.

I'm moving out soon temporarily but to an expensive city and a relatively low salary so i think this frugality dilemma will still be here.

Black coffee is actually pretty good for you, giving you more than just caffeine and water, and you don't need weird supplements.

I lived with my parents for medical school and residency. Saved money for my comfy house

And antitoxidants. Plus brewing coffee for a sloot in the morning aint too bad either.

>getting head while brewing a v60 is the greatest feeling

If all you are wanting to do is waste time, you could just go for a walk.

OP could be dead in 40 years, I would roll with regular coffees, maybe compromise and have 1 outsourced coffee per day. Mmmm coffee, it powers 90% of the shitposting here and you can't even put a monetary value on that.

>tfw you STEM too hard

>just pop a 200mg caffeine pill with some cold water with bcaas

Whats it like being a 90's cyber-criminal?

This is stupid he specifically is going out to buy them to be *out*. While I'd be critical of someone who eats out regularly; going to a cafe is a long existing social outlet and modern ones are some of the best places to get work done especially if someone doesn't have an office.

Take caffeine pills you faggot

Really depend on the place. The quiet neighborhood coffee shop yes, the packed no outlet university cafe, fuck thay

Wish I knew I was born in 94 so I missed out on how easy it probably was to scam people online

Considering you had to deal with dial-up and your scamming operation was shut down if your mom picked up the phone, not so easy.

>This is stupid he specifically is going out to buy them to be *out*.

I'm sorry but I cant predict the future, Its hard to read comments that were posted AFTER my comment before I give a reply.

The information that he drinks coffee to specifically to be out was posted AFTER my comment.

You're stupid.

There are other things to do while being out too. You could go to a library or a park for example.

Break your reliance on caffeine you weakling.

>Le bcca

This. I shut lights off when i dont need them but also drive a carbureted big block every day.

frugality is for broke people

work two jobs