/fog/ - Fallout General

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

pre-war thread:

WHATCHA GONNA DO!? WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ALL OVER YOU!!!!!??

Gee, it sure is ded around here

What were the leaked upcoming CC mods?

Why can't you adjust the height of your character in fallout?

BUFFSCALE THAT'S A GODDAMN MOLERAT

>Red, White, and Blue PipBoy skins.
>The Mauler unique Auto-Axe from Fallout 3.
The Doom Marine Armor from Doom (2016), likely a direct port like the Prey armor.
>The BFG, again likely a direct port.
>The Doom Chainsaw, again likely a direct port.
>And finally what is likely another furniture pack, called the "Decoration Pack".

There are no giant molerats in Fo4

>>The BFG, again likely a direct port.
Someone prove to me that someone already modded this in so i don't have to buy this shit.

>Auto-Axe, Tunnel Snake outfit
>DOOM Praetor(?) armor, BFG, chainsaw
Nice.
Also is it just me or do these decoration packs remind anyone else of the Sims?

Leaked files?

>Tunnel Snakes

YES

FUNNY MEME RETURN

It would be probably be worse than the cc version like the hellfire armor. Just pirate the cc version

tbf lorewise they would be a regional power by FO4

I really hope you retarded sacks of shit don't actually buy bethesdas microtransaction crap

I already bought the backpack and shotgun for my nephew on PS4, and don't regret it. (It's a shame the backpack doesn't spawn into NPC lists)

You should buy a real shotgun and discharge it in your mouth hole

>be worse than the cc version like the hellfire armor
What? First I've heard this verdict.

That does it. Time to kill Mr. House and go for the Independent ending.

>buy a shotgun
>implying I live in United States of Freedom

Fallout4.exe references all game files, official DLC and creation club content, run Fallout4.exe through a decompiler and then look for "Automatron".

Has anyone shared the mod files yet?

Ask Mohammad if you can buy a tactical spork

Tbh, the Chainsaw is the only thing there that I think mite b cool

I'd use it with my hockey mask port

Daily reminder

Are there other bunkers of BoS that are as dumb as those guys? Because if there are an eventual BoS civil war seems inevitable.

>implying I live in the Islamic Union of Europa

I actually thought FO4 was a good game except for the lack of evil choices.

Doubtful, they were backed into a corner and the elder was being overly cautious after the last one fucked them hard

I thought it was good game despite the lacking dialogue choices, lacking armour options, lacking weapon options, lacking companion options, lacking factions and lacking sidequests and despite the lack of RPG elements. Hardcore survival + Pilgrim + Snow weather = maximum comfy

Nuka-World tried to fix that. Except helping Gage and the raiders doesn't really make you seem evil, so much as a brainless chump. He was clearly just using you for political leverage and a tool to kill Colter, and you figure an evil character would slaughter them all for trying to use them like that after actively trying to get them killed.

I've bought 4 in a sale but haven't touched it yet.

Are the dlc's even worth? Is there anything significant that gets added or it's just DUDE MORE SETTLEMENTS LMAO

They might be the last BoS enclave in the west coast. The BoS is relegated to myth in the NCR because of how badly the war went for them after they nuked Shady Sands and destroyed the gold supply.

Just Far Harbor. Expands upon one of the more interesting companions and has a lot of interesting content itself.
If you really like robots, maybe Automatron. Nuka World is completely unsubstantial and forgettable and the rest of the DLC won't matter to someone who isn't obsessed with customizing settlements.

Far Harbor is the only proper bit of DLC in that it's more like a proper expansion pack.

Nuka world adds the ability to be a raider, if that doesn't appeal to you then it's just a new map full of more pre-war ruins.

Automatron is neat if you want to make custom robots.

Everything else is nothing but worshop shit.

Far Harbor DLC is really comfy.

I really wish Nuka Worlds factions were in the Commonwealth as they're delegated to a meaningless area and not relevant to the main game unless you want to be a raider king, automaton is cool if you love sentry bots attacking your settlements

How dumb is Bethesda? Why the fuck am I downloading ba2's that I will never use? Fucking Todd. Bethesda should have made CC console exclusive

How do I create my own robot waifu?

Don't FUCK with gold

>tfw joined the railroad because cute brown synth

I still don't get why they smushed all the raider groups into one part of the map. Discovering them one by one as you explore and having them matched up to larger areas that corresponded with their different styles just seems too obvious. It's one of the many choices that makes me assume Nuka-World was super rushed out.

I just liked the codename 'Fixer'.

one thread a day is pretty normal, no? I've been out for a while because of college though, is it really slower than usual?

It's literally a theme park expansion, the worst type of expansion. (Go once, see the sights, come back, has no real meaning in great context).

I would have loved it if they added the raiders to the commonwealth and gave them meaningful story over a theme park

She's not even that cute

It didn't have to be. They even started delving into some interesting territories expanding upon Bradburton and who he was, and how Nuka Cola was actually involved in the development of weapons with military application. But then it all kind of just comes to a head when you find the schematic for the weapon and doesn't go deeper than that.

Nobody is in this game, so the standards are pretty low

>Game tries to make all this build up and intrigue as you discover a super secret project state of the art scheme to weaponize Nuka Cola, a project they were apparently perfecting even after the bombs dropped.

>Meanwhile if you just got the Galactic Zone, you have a shitload of utility Nukatrons who were build before the way wielding Nuka Cola guns like it's no big deal.

Considering Google and Facebook have biotech, robotics and genetic research projects I wonder if Yum! Corp which owns pepsi, kfc, pizza hut, taco bell and the like has a weapons research division somewhere.

>tfw no DLC sequel to Mothership Zeta where Sally's the captain with the pre-war medic and Samurai also returning
>Throughtout the events of MZ in FO3 to FO4 they've been battling multiple intergalactic enemies(mostly stragglers) trying to attack Earth
>But this time they're fighting against an enemy they can't win and they need someone's(you) help

The enemies are SPACE NU-NAZIS

Or Space Enclave if they're trying to be less original than SPACE NU-NAZIS!!!

What's with the random Ash

buy the season pass on sale if you're going to pay for the dlc, otherwise pirate the lot of it.

The problem with that, is I think Yes Man comes to the same conclusion as House, and calculates that in the long run, the Brotherhood of Steel is the biggest potential enemy for an Independent Vegas. However Yes Man isn't the boss and you can tell him to leave the Brotherhood as they are. There is a mod that adds a cut content quest to convince House that the BoS should be spared, too.
I think individual chapters are somewhat self-governing, but any that have maintained contact with Lost Hills probably must defer to any of their general orders (and of course abide by precedents set in the Codex). Considering the hand that he was dealt, I don't think McNamara is a bad leader though, after Operation Sunburst there really wasn't that much the Mojave BoS could do but keep their heads down and survive. It'd be nice if you could convince them to move out more later in the game; like after dealing with Tabitha, have BoS move to Black Mountain to get the radio arrays going for communication and espionage, but hey time limits, and a lot of shit in the game anyway.
It seems to me that Lost Hills is still around, although the NCR state of Maxson is probably an occupied zone at this point with any traffic heavily monitored, and the and BoS stuck underground. Lost Hills has been around for generations and I'm sure the BoS has made improvements and contingencies that would make wiping them out extremely costly, but the NCR can't have them roaming around disrupting caravans and money flow either.
Nice, yeah I picked that one up in the thread earlier. I do like the one posted on /fog/ a few days ago though too.

Still kinda funny that the space shuttle the Enclave wanted to use for escaping the earth, the whole Project: Safehouse Vault project, ended up being a club house for not-scientologist cultists.

Is there a mod that will let all armors in the game not look like shit with my bodyslide builds?

Did you try making outfit conversions for your bodyslide build?

>Good ranger points

>watching a friend stream his run through new vegas
>he finally gets to dead money
>watch as he enters police station, ignores Elijah's warning and dies
>Proceeds to bitch and claim NV is a terrible game
Save me from this hell

>Told not to do something
>Does it anyway
>Consequences happen
>Woooooooooooow
You have my condolences

Do i need to do one for every single outfit in the game I want it to work with?

I mean, the Creation Club version is literally just plain better. Honestly not SO much better that it's worth the $5 over the free one, but it is better.

Why would you post an image that directly counteracts your point?

t. wall-eyed modder

>Less detailed model
>Lower res textures
>Inner thigh clipping issue
>Less paint jobs to choose from
>No landing damage gimmick
>Lazier retrieval quest

Does the CC version have some hidden feature or something? It doesn't seem to win in aesthetic and certainly not function.

hey pete can you give me a discount on CC coins

They could have had a raider path by having the Minutemen join the Raiders as the replacement for the third faction.

Imagine the Minutemen donning bloody and blackened Minutemen outfits. Preston just says "fuck it, we're raiders, I'm sick of being betrayed"

The Minutemen ending can basically play out just the same but it also include taking out the Railroad and Brotherhood as well.

Dark Preston sounds hilarious, but I don't think he would ever stoop to those levels. He'd probably give up on life before he did that.

Okay fine, you may like the Nexus version better. That's a subjective opinion, but the CC version is literally more in spirit to the original.

Maybe the Club version has a better texture...but I don't mind the Nexus version either.

The Nexus version looks like its made out of titanium, as it should be, the CC version looks more like its made out of cast iron. A happy medium with a black paint on the Nexus version would be best.

>worse textures
>mesh clipping
>better

'Cause it has a fucking paint? Dude there's an optional paint on the Nexus one that looks the exact same as 3's armor.

It already has a black paint.

I don't see why not, he got burned before, then he gets burned again by SS. After that he sees the world "as it truly is" and drops the whole good guy act.

It writes its self.

They look pretty close to me. It's just that one looks closer to factory condition, with extra rivet details and the other looks more weathered. But the Nexus version has more paint options and functional gimmicks to go along with them. In the end I feel like that means the free one wins in both looks and practice.

>fucked up eyes
>acceptable
No the nexus one is unusable, thus better than bethesda's mediocrity

>literally no hope of bethesda attempting to actually polishing the base game with with new story paths and game mechanic overhauls even if they could charge for it >they would rather copy paste models from their other games

Honestly you just reminded me of my biggest problem with Nuka World, and that's that none of the factions, all four of which fucking hate raiders, ever turn on you for becoming Overboss and taking over parts of the Commonwealth. Sure, Preston chews you out and refuses to be your companion anymore, but you can still do Minuteman quests with him, so it's like nothing's different.

It should have added a fifth ending to the game, where you use your Nuka World raiders to destroy all the factions, at least all the surviving factions, and overrun the whole Commonwealth.

I don't think it's an act for Preston. It's pretty clear by things he says that he fights for a cause, not himself. Without that cause, he had almost given up on life before he met the player character.
If he got burned again he'd probably just become a hermit.

>Free one has a matte finish
>CC has a metallic finish
>I like shiny things therefore CC is more detailed

>not orange
>fucked up
>unusable

t. wall-eyed modder

I like the black paint Nexus version. I'd like it more if it had yellow tinted eyes by default, but that's a very quick texture edit.

I don't get why the Hellfire should even be super weathered and rusty. Its technically brand new shit. And isn't the whole purpose of hellfire supposed to be that its highly resistant to heat / cold etc?

I like how the panel separation let them get a bit more creative with the yellow paint job.

Four-Eyes trait, bitch.

And also the CC one doesn't have fucked up eyes

I mean, It would take me all of thirty seconds to change the eye color. I left it neutral like all of the other PA for a reason, but that doesn't seem very popular.

28 CC Credits have been deposited into your account.

Isn't that how the X-01 is in 4 though? I remember being a little annoyed that the eyes are hardly colored unless you light them up. Not saying it's better, but it's uniform.

>Everybody already automatically downloaded the files for the CC PA
>We just need to wait for someone to make a free mod that pulls it together,

>I have no argument so I'll just use the "deposited into your account" copypasta

>anyone who has is not a mutated lazy-eyed retard is a shill
ok

Is VANS worth getting cause I'll lose this.

VANS is worthless even without whatever that is.

yeah I do like the CC helmet, for sure.

The shins on the Nexus one seem like they are more true to the original actually. They added a bunch of weird stuff for the CC one. That protruding block and the weird lip they put above the foot.

>considering VANS
>ever

Maybe. I use the retextured version though. Or I mean, a special paint for it.

Isn't it 5 perk points? Isn't that useful?

Is anyone going to bother if the alternatives already available are better?

>Dat M60
Mod?
Please tell me it's not a CC mod.

Does your plasma jetpack work with Hellfire? Either version.