imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U
>Map
imgur.com/a/7g85j

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/qFpyUXY
discord.gg/Eqrxcn9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finally made the switch from Windfall to Forsaken. I'm gonna miss the old dodge mechanic.

What made you change? Curious since I'm Forsaken and was thinking of trying out windfall

where the best place to learn kick moves

>not being a kahlt fortress
SHOW ME YO trendy clothing

I guess I can take this chance to ask if anyone knows where to get that double kick hand stand move?

>every build has to compromise somewhere

Forsaken kickfag with 2 directions dedicated to avoids and alt attacks dedicated to guardbreaks with 2 primary directions dedicated to really fucking fast attacks

name its weakness.

>inb4 "parrying"

I found quite a few Kickers in the Bird Caller's place. Also good place for neck furs.
Best to ask the general discord, discordapp.com/invite/qFpyUXY

essence tower i believe, dudes there uses taekwondo or something

>1477 people

Why are you advertising the reddit discord here

>Metal Man
Very nice. Have a strong biker chick who don't need no man

I made a Veeky Forums discord to help organize group play and shit.
discord.gg/Eqrxcn9

I'm also making a spreadsheet to organize and log all the moves. If you're bored, feel free to contribute.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit?usp=sharing

Absolutely loving this game so far.

First time for me to play a fighting game online, really.

Winning 5 round games feels so satisfying. Scouting somebodies deck and figuring out how to counter them is an amazing feeling.

I hope they keep supporting this game, I think the only thing it needs is more stuff. Maps, modes, gear, etc

With greater number comes greater opportunity and chance, I was just too lazy to dig through for

Any build is going to have to compromise somewhere on stat distribution, so that shits on your attempt to propose some sort of hypothetical perfect, zero-compromise build right off the bat. Indeed, if you had actually bothered to supply a deck instead of listing off a bunch of vague traits, it would quickly become obvious where compromises would have to be made in attempting to construct the deck you're describing: the desired properties of the moves and the inherent restrictions of starting and ending stances would necessitate that, at the very least, moves with sub-optimal stat scaling be accepted into the deck.

You're kinda dumb.

re post from last thread

I like how you criticize me for spouting off vague buzzwords when your response is to spout off vague buzzwords.

8/10
that looks pretty dope

>Any build is going to have to compromise somewhere on stat distribution

Do you mean moves? Because at a certain, early point all classes start losing damage gains. Like huge amounts, only getting .2+ damage per level, which is totally worthless, and so you dump everything into vit/stam. So you don't really compromise anything

H-here I go. Anything I should know before I start?

Yep, cotton for brains. I'll be waiting on that perfect, no-compromise build you're so sure exists.

/ASG/ FC ON NOW.

how to do Fight Clubs:
go into social at a bonfire
tab over to the left and set your matchmaking to invitationals
enter the keyword "asgfc"

I'm at the bridge bonfire right now.

don't give up, it's gonna seem like alot in the start

Who is asking for perfect parity between punches and kicks? This just seems to be a strawman. The statement was that there are little to no options to counter that playstyle. Even if I didn't care about keeping the brawler aesthetic there are still very few things you can do against that, on part because of the avoid and on part because of how good fast light strings are. The game shouldn't end up where you are required to use a specific move in order to win against opponents.

You're talking to two different people.

You can't hit softcap in every stat, even at max level.

I don't think you know what softcap means. You hit softcap at level 15 or so of any given stat.

Parries are just better than dodges, even if the timing is wonky for the former. In both PvP and PvE I've had issues with Windfall performing, whereas my Forsaken main friend hasn't lost a single PvP match yet. I myself am still trying to get used to the style, it makes me spam L/R to dodge less because missing a parry is asking for your health to get dropped by 10 to 25 %.

I'm still keeping my Windfall alt and will play it for fun but I genuinely think Forsaken is the only way up as far as matchmaking and PvPing goes.

I mean my Forsaken is only lvl 39 or something, and I've already hit cap for Str, Dex and Health.

>getting rekt by a guy 20 levels below me
>he got moves that can block and hit at the same time

what the fuck is this shit.

I only do combat trials, invites is laggy as fuck and crashes my game 60% of the time. Tried playing with a friend and we only had 1 lag free figth, it got so bad the game bugged and i was able to spam shockwave endlessly to pin him in a DELETE THIS level BM situation

>tfw so used to the bog standard deck that I don't want to make my own

It's just already so good, guys. I don't think I can improve it. It's got dodge catches, it's got chains, it's got damage. Where do I go from here?

>finally fight a good stagger
>beats me 1/2 games
>3rd game I have him 2-0 in rounds
>dl complete
>lag
>it becomes a dbz match he wins because he has more armor moves

There was so much rubber band even I was teleporting across the screen.

>Servers down again

lmao

The winner of a fight shouldn't be a foregone conclusion because someone doesn't want to put sweep kicks in their deck.

Off to a good start.

>tfw you spot a hidden item in a hard to reach spot... and it looks like total shit

t-thanks...

I feel like I have to use a full stagger moveset when i'm using the stagger style, which is a shame because I can make better decks than full stagger allows. It just feels wrong to be wobbly as shit in neutral and then enter normal fucking kung fu horseshit on the drop of a dime.

Should I just give up the stumble dodges I love and become a forsakenfuck like everyone else?

I know what softcap means and for several it's more like 20 or so.

...which is not the same thing as hitting soft cap in all stats

Fucking where?

>fighting enemies with absorb
>multiple of them

>more like 20

Yeah, no.

If the first 10 levels in dex give me 1 point of damage and then they start giving me .1 point of damage, i've hit the soft cap. Don't look me in the fucking eye with your retarded mouth agape and tell me the "soft cap" isn't .1 damage per level but instead .1 damage per 3 levels. Which is literally what my dex is giving me post level 20.

Kys.

Yes but if you could do basic math it would be obvious that Id hit soft cap in all stats by max level

Play what you like to play user. Some of us gave into the meta pressure just so we stop losing. Doesn't mean you have to.

whats soft caps
whats mobility do
do fighting styles only matter defensively
min max how?

Soft caps are where leveling stops giving sizable benefits. It means you can keep leveling that stat and it will keep improving, but not at a rate that is a favorable use of your attribute points.
Mobility affects your dodge distance, stamina recovery, and the damage of certain attacks that scale with it
Style matters only so far as your defensive ability, yes
Depends

Where is all the cool gear, I want better shit

Drops from PvP
You can also get boss gear from rechallenging bosses

>whats soft caps
There is the max cap of a stat. And a point at which a point in the stat gives poor returns, a soft cap.
>whats mobility do
increases damage, stamina regen, and dodge distance
>do fighting styles only matter defensively
And starting stats
>min max how?
Max level is 60 and any stat over 20 is wasted. It looks like stamina itself caps at 255. Which I think is 22 points. Every point after 20 raises hp by 1. I've stopped raising dex and str because it only raises damage by .1. I haven't looked into will yet.

Will softcaps at 2x shard gain, which is different depending on style. Stagger needs 13, for example.

So what's the special skill of stagger style?

Attacks that hit low, of which there are more than "sweep kicks", are simply the most practical response to to the problem of attacks that dodge high attacks, not the only solution. Deckbuilding 101 is deciding which things you need an easy answer to and which things you can address in more roundabout ways by supplementing technical skill.

Oh, so now you're hitting softcap after 10? It just keeps getting lower. The numbers provided on the deck stats screen vary based on the moves in your deck, by the way, so your magical black and white example where a stat jumps immediately from 1 to .1 at level 10 (!!!) is specific to your own deck, and the percentage benefits other decks would be receiving at that level could continue to be meaningful. This is all a pretty irrelevant point you're attempting to work towards by the way, since even if you could hit softcap in all stats, you'd still be compromising by choosing between spreading your distribution over maximizing any particular stat.

>Yes but if you could do basic math it would be obvious that Id hit soft cap in all stats by max level
Knowing basic math doesn't give knowledge of the softcaps (which vary by stat and by style), otherwise you wouldn't have made your post because you would've realized that the information you provided is not actually relevant evidence to the point you were attempting to make.

So is the point of not adding a map or at least a fucking compass just to pad out this terrible "campaign" they have? How the fuck do I get to this?

>I've stopped raising dex and str because it only raises damage by .1.
That's at 15 by the way. Even from 10-15 it was only like .2 to .5 per stat.
I still have 5 levels for forsaken but 15/15/20/20 seems ideal for str/dex/hp/stm. I'll have to look at will to see if you can get the 2 extra in to stm and have the best will gain and max stm. But that's tomorrows problem.

Oh, so now you're hitting softcap after 10? It just keeps getting lower. The numbers provided on the deck stats screen vary based on the moves in your deck, by the way, so your magical black and white example where a stat jumps immediately from 1 to .1 at level 10 (!!!) is specific to your own deck

The value of the stat scaled has nothing to do with the fact that the stat is giving diminishing returns, therefore, a soft cap.

Also, FIRST TEN LEVELS =/= Level 10. My dex started at around 5, I was referring to level 15.

Nice reading comprehension though, retard.

In the Essence Reserves.

up the first flight of steps you can see it over a broken wall to your left. you have to go up a level and drop down.

Sideways dodges followed by a jab, backwards dodge followed by a kick, forwards tumble with hyper armor.

What are those fog gates that you have to walk through at random doors?

Scaling has nothing to do with a softcap. If my deck gives me .5 and yours gives .2 but it is still a lower amount, we are both getting less overall stats. Even if your value is "greater". Basic maths here, kiddo.

I think the real issue here is people falling for le softcap meme when the real thing is diminishing returns

cool mask

i wish i could pvp so i could get some new masks. maybe i'll be able to connect to the servers by the end of the weekend. who knows!

New instances I think.

What is the falcon punch everyone refers to?
I have this punch that makes my arm glow red instead of orange/black, and goddamn it works most of the time. Useful as fuck.

WHY CAN'T I DODGE SWORDS FOR SHIT

The move called "Falcon Punch". It's a long wind up and you jump and punch with your right arm.

Swords arc 90% of the time meaning a side dodge is worthless.

You can get Falcon Punch from any Forsaken NPC in the Harbor iirc

So swords just beat windfall by default? What am I supposed to do besides block?

Duck

Sounds like a super man punch to me

>Still have lost 1 match out of 50
>Everytime i level up the mastery levels i get a stupid belt

Learn your opponents deck and fight accordingly

Would've been a better name, yeah. The haymakers look more like a falcon punch.

It's a flying punch.

You fly like a falcon and punch.

I don't fight against swords too often so I might be wrong, but it feels like they're always slicing diagonally. That doesn't feel like a duck would dodge that

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just always figured I was timing it wrong instead of dodging the wrong way

>write ambiguously worded sentence
>try to spin it into an opportunity to call someone a retard
As long as we're resorting to petty barbs, great job fucking up your greentext at every turn, vargposting retard. Like I said, your point is wholly irrelevant to disproving that every build requires a compromise and thus utterly null.

What school would be best for a kenshiro type build. I just want to fist of the North star some people

>5 hours in
I cant find these guys help

>Get btfo
>Move the goalposts

stay retarded

Do other stances have end combo animations like the Khalt's hand wiping smacking thing? That animation is sick as fuck.

Git a brain bitch nigger, it's not difficult

How is it ambiguous? Regardless, your fucking retarded view of what a softcaps are is straight up wrong no matter how you slice it, so I guess you just backed up and attempted to pick apart exactly how I wrote the post just so you could try and seem like you have even a semblance of an argument left.

Go suck on a shotgun for me.

The first onemail is ruin city. At the bonfire there is a staircase near it. It has a hole. Look for the treasure chest.

Second is in the arena. Go to the second floor can't miss it.

how do you learn styles that arent stagger or the one you start with
is the only way joining another players school?

Thank
I got this as soon as I started. I didn't preorder it but it the minute it came out so I'm guessing they gave a costume

The fighting dummies in the pause menu need to fight back so I can practice against certain moves.

Just started the game. I found a door I can't break and saw the other dude playing with me go through it. How do I go through the door? Its not one of those big ones that you have to beat a boss to get through.

It's a shortcut. You have to go all the way around to the other side of the map to open it from that side.

Some doors can only be opened from the other side. If you haven't opened it yet, just find other paths around to get to the other side. You probably need to go through the swamp to get to it.

>level 30
>about to finish story mode
>excited
>also nervous because PvP
>end up putting off story mode
It's a special kind of Hell

>try to do feints
>try to do parries
>try to dodge out of the way

Nothing works because most people in this game mash like crazy which makes it not as fun beating their asses.

Never said it was dumb faggot. Read a fucking book.

I want to be honorable and only fight people when they agree to it, but no one fucking ever PvPs me, I think I'm just gonna have to start jumping people

Sorry in advance but I need that sweet loot

a lot of people have a combo or 2 they like to use so if you try to keep an eye out for that makes it much easier

Just bought the game and I can't connect to the servers.
Are they down or is it my fault?

>dodging
Is it even viable if you aren't Windfall? I can never seem to do it successfully. I only ever dodge to give myself more space now.

I only seem to get loot from combat trials, not overworld pvp

>one of the discords was deleted
Can we just finally establish one as the final and only one. I don't care about this 5 fucking discord shit or who runs what. As long as it isn't shit I won't care, power or who is mods or not shouldn't matter.

>nobody seems to play windfall
It can't be that weak, can it? I mean, the bigger streamers all switched from windfall to forsaken but that doesn't mean anything right guys??

as forsaken I use the regular dodge far more than parry, its usually more effective too

The servers are pretty fucky at the moment