What would happen if Trump put a 25% tax on German cars? Would people still buy them?

What would happen if Trump put a 25% tax on German cars? Would people still buy them?

Attached: 1200px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Donald_Trump.jpg (1200x1520, 452K)

yeah, because muh luxury, muh exotic shitbox.
The higher price just makes normies eat it up more

they would just buy the ones made in Tennesee, Carolina, Alabama etc

Attached: 6A2CE323-C870-43BB-8F6A-119FFBFB52FD.jpg (750x500, 66K)

I would move.. or buy a charger I guess

would probably make them want more

>Bimmer Pickup Truck

hmmmmmmm.... wonder what platform they'll use if they made a pickup... Toyota HiLux?

Do american people generally prefer their own cars or do they like foreign cars more? t. yuro

it would be a puny-body like the ridgeline

Attached: 321563.jpg (898x701, 108K)

It's a matter of taste. Some people prefer domestics, some prefer foreign. Or both. I personally have an E Class Mercedes and a GMC K1500 pickup.

It would be pointless because they'll just shift production to their North American and Mexican plants. Regular Americans will get fucked again because now their only option will be the trash quality cars not built in Germany. You know Trump is going to leave that Mexico loophole in, too, because the American manufacturers are going to lobby the hell out of him.

He'll make a big show of it to get his retard redneck country boy base fired up and then quietly make a bunch of stupid exceptions to neuter the policy and make it even worse/more fucked up.

Trump is the worst fucking president by any objective measure, regardless of whether you're conservative or liberal.

oh

Attached: angry.jpg (600x458, 37K)

the tax would make them more expensive, therefore better.

>Trump is the worst fucking president by any objective measure, regardless of whether you're conservative or liberal.
It's hard to put modern presidents in relation to historical rankings of presidents several centuries ago. Apparently the Civil War causes monumental butthurt among Americans because most of the worst rated presidents of all time have served in the two decades leading up to the Civil War. The worst rated presidents post WW2 are Dubya and Nixon, and Trump might very well be worse than either. After those it's only Hoover and Grant until you arrive at Civil War presidents, and god knows why Grant is ranked so lowly. Trump might very well be competing for worst president since the Civil War.

Trump needs to get rid of the bullshit regulations strangling automakers. Cars are too fucking boring.

Nixon un-ironically did nothing wrong.

BMW and VW already have numerous plants in the US, Volkswagen manufactures all Passats and Atlases in Tennnesee and BMW manufactures all of their X-Series SUVS in South Carolina. Mercedes manufactures all of their G and C class vehicles in Alabama and their Sprinters in South Carolina.

The real reason this shit is happening isn't because Trump os protecting US jobs, he is pandering to US unions. VW, Mercedes, and BMW plants are non-union.

Were getting tired of your same old shit

Attached: Capture2.png (733x521, 74K)

He admitted to wrongdoing tho

Why cant we just go back to 1990 vehicle safety standards?

The only thing he did wrong was talk about the possibility of a potential coverup that on tape. If you even mention a coverup, you are guilty to the feds.

Alright, so, worst modern presidents, Hoover, Dubya, Trump. And don't anyone tell me Dubya did nothing wrong now.

I would rank Trump above LBJ- the absolute worst president, except for maybe Wilson.

LBJ was a complete rat, for some reason he's ranked highly though.

Why 25%? Why not the 10% the EU charges on tariffs?

The jews have been burying his legacy for years.

Attached: IMG_0048.png (599x337, 155K)

Yes.

my entire Nixon impression consists of saying "the jewwwwws" in a gravely voice while shaking my jawls back and forth

BMW likely will be manufacturing a pickup by 2020. Australian and Mexican dealer networks have been pressing BMW to give them something to compete with the new Mercedes and American luxo barge pickups respectively. It will likely spawn a closed bed derivative as well and be built in Mexico and Thailand.

Attached: 168651w980.jpg (850x584, 58K)

it might stop poor fags from buying bmw
even on the second hand market the bmw already state side will increase in price
his only crime was loyalty to America

Attached: Secret-BMW-M32.jpg (1920x1280, 1.23M)

poised for another crash

While I agree that impression would be funny I have to side with Nixon on this one, McCarthy exposed how much the Jews were in the leadership of the communist party in the US- and it makes sense. It allowed them to put themselves in the intellectual leadership of a political party which challenged the white protestant power in America.

Not very much. Less than half of German branded cars sold in the US are actually manufactured in Germany.

Most come from the US and Mexico; a minority come from South Africa.

We'd just see ramped up US production. BMW, Mercedes-Benz and VW all have expansive manufacturing networks in the US. VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes also have large production bases in Mexico.

High margin vehicles would likely be either axed from the US market or would see limited production runs in the US at slightly inflated costs that would drop over time. Mercedes started building the C-Class in the US a few years ago. Initially it was more expensive than German built units but that petered out as supply networks became increasingly efficient. Now C63 AMG units are manufactured in the US as well and are cheaper than the Euro built units. If a 25% tariff were applied to German cars actually built in Germany like say the Mercedes S-Class or the BMW 7, those companies would either decide to:

A) Build them in limited production runs in North America on small scale assembly lines (Mercedes did this with Mexican S-Class production in the 90s to avoid Mexican import tariffs) or they would
B) Retain German production to avoid the costs of creating new North American assembly lines and likely create more ornate trimlines to justify the 25% price increase.

Low profit vehicles like VW economy cars, entry level BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles will be sourced from Mexico. VW has been doing this with the Golf, Beetle, Jetta etc for decades now. BMW is building the 3 series there starting next year, Mercedes is going to build the A, CLA, GLA and GLB in MX, and Audi currently builds the Q5 and next the A4 in MX. These are their least profitable cars for these brands. They need cheap labor to compete with Asian and American brands.

German firms would have moved more vehicle production to the US and Mexico to avoid increasing German labor costs anyway.

Attached: sophie_arvebrink_lunge.jpg (736x658, 53K)

please tell me thats a man

>Not liking fit women

Attached: arve.jpg (206x245, 7K)

The new Japanese cars are made in America more than the American brands

It's the same deal with German and Korean brands.

Most BMW and Mercedes suvs worldwide are made in the US. VW builds the Passat and Atlas in Tennessee.

The Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe and Elantra, which are the top selling Hyundai vehicles in the US are also made in the US. Kia builds the Optima and Sorento here too.

Volvo will be building most of their SUVs and the S60 stateside soon too.

Attached: AMWF_Superiority.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Boomers eat up Japanese econo-boxes like they eat their all you can eat buffets, gen X is almost exclusively Chevy and Ford, Milineals are a toss up because they typically drive whatever their parent's shilled them on (some have boomer parents some have gen x parents- which explains why the older side of millineals are the worst group of retards in history) and Gen Z I am thinking will be mostly American because they are more conservative than all of these generations.

>They'll shift production to North America
>Regular Americans will get fucked again

What did he mean by this?

In America, costly items are themselves a status symbol, so it might just make those German cars more attractive to higher net worth individuals.

I wish people would cease that insufferable memery about Germans building higher quality vehicles than anyone else.

Germans are trash at long term reliability. They just screw panels together tighter. That's literally it.

Want a quick rundown on which nations manufacture the most reliable vehicles by assembly failure rate?

Taiwan 1-153
Finland 1-149
Japan 1-145
Austria 1-144
Korea 1-142
Spain 1-132
Czech Republic 1-130
Slovakia 1-127
Mexico 1-123
Sweden 1-119
Thailand 1-118
Canada 1-115