Tl;DR How reliable good is the auto 3000GT Automatic and how much would it cost to paint Hood Roof and trunk

Tl;DR How reliable good is the auto 3000GT Automatic and how much would it cost to paint Hood Roof and trunk

I just purchased a 3000GT 98 Automatic and I wanted to get an opinion from anyone who drives it currently (How long have you owned it and how reliable has it been ?)

2nd Question is directed towards anyone who works with body paint

The top part of my car consisting of (Hood, Roof and trunk -top-) has heat damage similar to hood how much dough should I expect to spend?

Attached: IMG_20180210_184537_338.jpg (1152x1152, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=3000gt problems
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>3000GT
oh dear

lmgtfy.com/?q=3000gt problems

>he bought a 3000gt

Attached: 1520472400745.png (269x268, 111K)

>meme answer
3000GT is an unreliable POS in any trim, from base to VR4. The autotragic gearbox is even worse. Get rid of it ASAP and buy something good like an E46 BMW or a WRX wagon.

>real answer
take care of it and deal with the many problems it's bound to develop and it will last you some time. Though the 3000GT doesn't exactly have a reputation for reliability, that's mostly on the highest trim Twin Turbo models which were the "budget" versions of high-tech/expensive shit like the R34 GT-R (you get what you pay for). I assume the base models are about as reliable as an Eclipse of similar vintage.

this

as someone who meme'd themselves into a ls1 whos had everything that could go wrong did do i feel ops pain

an eclipse is far more reliable (not saying much) then the 3000gt

My brother owns a 2g Eclipse 97 I believe

PM I bought it no rust no issues other than the right outer tie rod

What should I expect within the next 3 - 4 yrs of having it Maximum ? Did I make a shitty choice buying it for 1k?

Attached: IMG_20180214_233807_937.jpg (1152x1152, 220K)

what trim? the GSX is the trim that really suffered until like 1999 when crankwalk was fixed; but i hear it isn't as common as people make it out to be. automatics didn't suffer from crankwalk

Did I fuck up by buying the 98 3000GT SL
My bro has the GST 97 I think ?

bro should be fine outside of it just being yknow an old car, shit breaks from age.
3000gt SLs usually have transmission issues, they like to grind often, noisy lifters, the electronic suspension could get stuck in a specific mode, like being stuck in sport or touring mode. the automatic transmissions did not have sufficient cooling and got rather warm.

other then that i think you'll be encountering problems from just age and wear, you can't really avoid it, how many miles does it have?

>3000GT
>reliable

Pick one and only one.

What I see alot in this car is that won't go in reverse in other cars I did see before buying this one ... but other than that breaks are fine transmission doesn't knock the only weord thing I do see is the lifters will go off after a bit of being on and vanishes but other than that nothing

Attached: IMG_20180221_004534_894.jpg (1523x1152, 427K)

I would like both senpai
But I'm trying to see what people recommend in order to keep this for a good time
Planning for undercoating for winters , consistent car washes to keep the salt off from eating it away any recommendations senpai ?

That's a damn good looking car my dude.

ya did good. just hope you've got the $ to fix it when shit breaks. all old cars, no matter the type/make/model, have stuff that breaks so don't let that shit get you down.

Thanks I get complements occasionally it still kind of shocks me that I bought it for 1k

This is the old car I had Lancer ES 03

Attached: 20180205_135938.jpg (2048x1152, 1.1M)

Perform the 120k maintenance procedure if you don't want it to die.
>timing belt and tensioner/pulleys
>thermostat
>Fuel Filter
>oil pump
>water pump
>front crank seal
>valve cover gaskets
>coolant flush
>trans flush or drain/refill
>all associated gaskets
I also recommend changing the lifters out for the 3mm lifters from the 99 3000gt. larger oil hole to prevent lifter tick, if they aren't ticking now they will eventually.

Also the fuel injectors can get a bit noisy and emulate lifter tick.

a lot of extra chromosomes in this threadd
if you aren't retarded and take care of it, you'll be fine

Thanks guys !

what car?

Attached: A9282F1A-8855-4DF3-8E0E-172703124B16.jpg (500x375, 267K)

It's not that bad, the car itself drives nice I'm agreeing with the person that said that it's just issues that it'll come with age because it's rust free it accelerates/brakes/transmission is smooth ... but overall I'm checking my fluids regularly car washes are constant to keep salt off and oil changes I tend to do regularly

Attached: 20180220_161048.jpg (2048x1152, 1.05M)

>asking reliability issues on a car already purchased
Nigguh, you dun goofed.

Also

>Dodge
>does it have problems?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: communism.jpg (537x604, 56K)

THE TUMOR HOOD

It's a shame mitsubishi's are so shit because they all look pretty good compared to most stuff.
I unironically like 3rd gen eclipse styling.

>used the chrysler sebring platform
holy shit

You see typically you ask if a car is reliable before you buy the fucking thing.

Attached: 1515104481115.png (378x220, 210K)

>Dodge
>Making anything in the 90's

Do you live in south texas I saw a 3000Gt on sale in neighborhood for about the same price.

>(You)

Nah I live north where the snow salt eats our shit

>DSM****************

first gen gsx didn't suffer bad crankwalk either

nice car OP ^^

It's a fucking 3si you nigger.

Thanks !!! Does anyone have an awnser to my paint job question ;-;

My brother accelerating really fast in his 97 GST Eclipse and it has Turbo aftermarket intercooler also its a 4G63 Engine OH AND STAGE 3 CLUTCH I BELIEVE
When he accelerates and before he goes into his next gear it's does this scratching noise by his transmission (Manual obv)
Any clue guys?

>He bought an automatic fwd 3000gt

>I just purchased a 3000GT 98 Automatic
You fucking idiot, you're supposed to ask these questions BEFORE you buy the car

Lifter tick during warmup is a pretty common mitsubishi issue. A lot of the time you don't need a lash adjustment, you just need to clean them.