/rg/ resume general

so far I have:
>education
>work experience
>personal summary
>contact info

What else do you need to include? Is it ever okay to put your age/political beliefs/birthplace?

>Is it ever okay to put your age/political beliefs/birthplace?
No

I remember some filipina bitch put on her resume:

Race: Filipino
Religion: Catholic

you fucking idiot. fuck living in Cuckadia with all these god damn flips.

Sometimes I wonder how it's even worth typing that shit up, killing a tree, wasting ink, time and effort, and being counter productive to try and impress a fat middle aged women that hasn't seen a dick near her sandy vagina in at least a decade.

Explain this shit to me.

Because it's your chance to make money, dipshit. People only marginally more attractive than you are getting jobs every fucking day because they took a break from jerking it to shemales and put some effort into writing down their resumes.

I'll have you know I have a job.

By having connections.

You didn't even answer my question. You shit lord.

>You didn't even answer my question.
It's in the first fucking sentence.

>I'll have you know I have a job.
Then why bother NEET-posting in the first place?

>post yfw this resume was brought in to your office

>mfw I'm in the same field as this ponyfag and his resume blows mine out of the water

Can I get some thoughts on my resume here? I'm looking to apply for chemical technician positions.

One of my big concerns is that I was an excellent student in all of my science classes (the best in most of my classes), but I had switched to Chemistry from Nursing, which I sort of sucked at and dragged my overall GPA down. I tried to throw in a sentence to the effect of how I excelled at Chemistry, but I'm not sure how well worded it is (I want it to be clear that I had the highest score among all students in the class, not just the highest score I can get in the class (an A))

None of my previous jobs really relate to what I am looking for, but I'm considered one of the best workers at the nursing home I work now. I'm reliable and responsible, never late or call off, and I provide good care for the residents in a very timely manner (more than can be said about many of the other people I work with). Both residents and nurses are usually happy when they see I am on duty. I'm just not sure how to convey that on the resume, and it's getting rather full as it is so I don't think I can squeeze any more on there without taking stuff off. Any input would be appreciated.

Just copy it except the furfag shit. No one checks these things anyway.

I read your resume before reading your post and it was pretty confusing to be honest. Maybe you could expand your part about chemistry and shorten everything which isn't related to it?

You have some great selling points but I just skipped over them because I thought they were related to your arts degree

Straight off the bat, I would recommend changing the nursing class to be more specific. It just looks awkward imho. Also, why did you change from nursing to chemistry? Then, why did you change from chemistry to BA in International Studies and Japanese?

Experience: Sociology Department Job, you should expand on what the calls/telephone work you did. I.E. Resolved student inquiries, etc.

Depending on what you're trying to do for work, you can leave off the Machine operator job unless you can tie it in with the position you're going for. You can always have it on linkedin.

Thanks. Later this evening when I get some more time I'll move the Associate of Arts down a bit below the more relevant info and try to add a little more about my Chemistry stuff.

Long story on why I changed from nursing to Chemistry, too long for a resume, but the gist is that I took a lot of science prerequisites before starting nursing classes and decided those fit me a lot better than the nursing classes themselves. I'll try to reword it a bit though. I actually did the International Studies degree before the Chemistry. I'll admit the chronology jumps around a bit, but I wanted the most relevant degree at the top.

I left the machinist job in because of the calculating inventory and such below it, and it shows I've worked in manufacturing, which is likely the closest thing to a chemical plant on there. If anything I'm thinking I should take off the desk job as it doesn't really offer anything except to say I wasn't totally unemployed during that period.

Few notes

>internship is not in my field at all
>project management of LTE networks when in MechE. Got job thru dad
>in projects censored name of a medical device company
>technically I still work for Whole Foods but I cut it off at December bc I read here employers will look down on you for having two jobs at once

I actually work as a professional career counselor and resume writer, so I can offer some input here.

Wow, what a confusing resume. It looks like you have two bachelor's degrees and two associate degrees, plus a certificate. And nearly all of your experience is as a CNA. What exactly are you trying to get into?

If you are just looking for a grunt job with your associates degree, I wouldn't even bother including your bachelor's degree(s?). They will be a huge red flag. And I hope you didn't waste too much money in those programs.

If I was in HR at a chemical plant looking through resumes and see some guy who says he has a bachelor's degree in Japanese, yet nearly all his experience is as a CNA, and also went back after he got a bachelor's and got two associates degrees, I wonder what the fuck went wrong. It's like you are consistently going backwards.

You also have a massive employment gap between 2009 and 2012 that you need to be able to fill in. What did you do in those years?

You are in desperate need of a font change, just glancing over that hurts my eyes. Leave McDonald's and Whole Foods off your resume entirely unless you are applying to related positions. How will your grocery bagging experience translate into an engineering position? Unless you can answer that, don't put it on your resume.

Also get rid of the "proficient" and "familiar" garbage. Just list the skills. You don't need to list how good you are in them.

I was taking nursing prerequisites, mostly. I did a little bit of seasonal work, but nothing that would help me in my field.

Thanks senpai

My professor told me the font size should be small to cram a lot in. Do you think the sizing is okay or should I bump it up 2-4 points?

>work experience
>education
>skills
>>reverse engineering
>>programming
>>misc
>publications
>>blogs
>>papers
>>conference talks

>No one checks these things anyway.

I believe it lol
100% of interviews I've had ask stupid shit that was already on my resume

Anyone have the format for this resume? I want to try it with a fake name and everything for giggles. Or maybe even an anime one.

>name font way too big
>change your font from that cancer Times New Roman
>don't include street address
>way too much focus on your shitty community college 'degree'
>remove "Major GPA," noone cares about CC GPA
>remove all bullet points for community college 'skills'
>put state university degree above community college
>combine both degrees into one line
>remove 3.42 GPA (lol wtf)
>make your university experience way less confusing
>seperate work experience and university better, an underline isn't enough
>make dates fit into one line, looks sloppy
>balance multiple workloads in a fast/demanding .... blah blah sounds non-specific and terrible
>your work experience bullets for your recent work should be non-generic
>fast paced should be hyphenated "fast-paced"
>align city, state all the way to the right or make margins uniform
>what is the point of (Nursing Home) and (Assistant Living) and (Clerical)????
>Provide, Provide AKA change verb repetition
>remove one bullet from X Machinery job. It's from 10 fucking years ago.
>bullets don't align all the way through your resume
>honors and volunteer activities from 10 years ago...
>including volunteering on your work resume...
>maybe include PTK in your college stuff up top

at least you didn't say you're "proficient in MS word"

overall, need a lot of work

>cancer font
>weird sizing for your phone number
>weird spacing with the ---------- line immediately stating "objective"
>including "objective" in the first place ok Solid Snake lol
>Remove "academic Excellence Scholarship with Distinction"
>Including a GPA of 3.28 lol
>This whole Software Skills shit is fucking terrible
>Anyone not retarded knows you understand how to turn on your fucking computer if you have a MechE degree.
>Skills if included should be at the bottom. I'd only include C, Java, Matlab, Visual Studios, Solidworks, CREO. Maybe Excel if you're actually good at it, but i doubt it.
>Retarded margin spacing for your dates and text
>Use bullets instead of a fucking paragraph of word vomit
>Worked with.... terrible first sentence.
>2 sentences to explain team.. terrible
>Worked in... stop repeating the same words over and over
>Assisted Assisted... stop repeating the same words over and over
>"University Activities" - this is just a terrible idea, rename your "Professional Experience" as "Experience" and just cascade it chronologically
>Teaching Intern........ it's called a Teaching Assistant?????
>This Projects bullshit is absolutely retarded word vomit and makes me mad. NO ONE CARES.
>You provide no reference to when you completed these projects, what they were for, why I should care, and why it's relevant.
>Shorten that shit up and stop having it take over half your resume. Maybe 2 or max 3 of your projects that are actually relevant.
>"Other Work Experience" Seriously?
>Including Whole Foods
>Including fucking McDonalds
>Including "References Available Upon Request" on your resume
>Terrible margin length at the bottom probably wouldn't print at most printers

jesus

what's the recommended faggot font?

Getting paid to shit post is top notch meme lord status. Don't cha know?

Helvetica
Garamond
Gill Sans
Cambria
Calibri
Constantia
Lato
Didot

just google it. I use 'Helvetica World' currently

>cambria

and im supposed to take you seriously?

But user, that is not Times New Roman. Learn to recognize fonts before shitposting about them.

This is AIDS and unreadable holy crap no one is going to even look at that.

Shit meant that for

Too fuckin dense

i googled "top resume fonts and pasted it" i don't have time to check every one.

i'm glad that's all you took away from that you dense faggot.

hate this dumbass board

enjoy being a fucking under/unemployed loser.

your resume fucking sucks. your education history fucking sucks. your employment history fucking sucks.

bye.

What's wrong with Cambria? I use it all the time for everything.

rate pls

havent gotten shit with this

>be me
>get resume
>see furfag shit
>cum myself
FUCKING HIRED

Use bullets
Two of your descriptions are nearly identical. Say what you actually did in those jobs individually.
Don't embed lists of technologies in each job at the bottom. Either include it in the description bullets, or put them all at the bottom with skills.
Don't say "brief x also" because it makes it sound like you did x but were shit at it
What are various tasks? That could mean anything
Don't list skills unless there actually something very specific. Web development shouldn't be listed as a skill - if i cant tell you can do that from your previous positions, you're fucked

Treat it like you're building a (minimal) website. If this was a website it would be shit.

>Php
>Html
>Mysql
>Seo
For one spell these correctly.

Also make the two web development positions look different somehow, don't cut and paste the description text. And make the description better/more interesting, I would use bullets too.

>Frameworks: None
Don't include shit like this, you're trying to sell yourself.

>Temporary
Mention it's a temporary contract in the description to explain the short duration, but don't needlessly call attention to it.

Also I would make skills a 2 column list, listing the years of experience makes it seem cluttered.

I decided to add a summary at the top (this was at the recommendation of a career councilor at the school). I've got some more info about chem classes there, and I'll try to add some more info as well as some personal skills when I get more time to think sit down and really think about it, which probably won't be for several days. To make room I took out the honors/volunteers section entirely and moved my honors up the education section, which I'm hoping doesn't look too messy now.

I'm also wondering if I should take out the info about nursing classes entirely, although it's the only thing that explains the discrepancy between the major GPA and the overall GPA, as well as the reason for part of the work gap from 2010-12.

I took out the Sociology office job since I really can't think of any way to make it sound like a positive (all I did was redirect calls and sit at a computer browsing message boards all day), and also to make space. I hope the work gap doesn't look too bad on the resume.Think I should put it back in? I also worked at Target for a short time between there, but that was seasonal and I feel it should be left off.

>Spent a gorillion years in school to get nowhere
topkek

>It's like you are consistently going backwards.
Tell me about it. I got into Japanese and International Studies (I basically only needed one more semester to get two individual degrees since they overlapped so much, so I did) because I was great at other languages and I wanted to travel the world. When I graduated I tried to get some jobs in Japan and nothing worked out because I am shit at interviews and making connections. I watched my classmates sail by me into careers, so I decided to get into nursing because it's pretty much a guaranteed job and I was pressured into it by family, and by this point I didn't even want to leave the US anymore, largely because a number of medical issues came up. I took a bunch of science prerequisites for nursing that I loved. I had avoided science in college up until this point because of some bad experiences with it in high school, but college was very different and I fit in well, although I discovered this too late. The more I went through the actual nursing classes though the more I hated it. I dropped out and spent the next year doing CNA work (which I got into because I thought it would help me get a nursing job), but decided I can't spend the rest of my life doing that, and decided to go back for Chemistry because I had enjoyed that and was only three classes away from the two year certificate (which ended up taking me a year and a half to complete because I was supposed to take two of them at once, but one got canceled and wasn't offered again until a year later). So now I am hoping to get into a chemical lab.

If I had it all to do over again I'd have gotten a bachelor's degree in one of the science fields right out of high school, but now I'm in my early 30s and I don't have the time or money to do that. Perhaps at some point I can complete a four year chemistry degree, but for now I need to do something with what I have.

Stop getting fucking degrees. You can work in a 'chemical lab' (whatever the fuck that is) with your shitty current degrees

>I'm in my early 30s
And working in a nursing home wiping assholes? No offense or anything, but you're kinda hopeless. You'll probably be stuck in dead end jobs the rest of your life. You already missed the boat and no additional degrees will change that.

It looks good enough. Perhaps some specifics about whatever chemistry labs you did in class would look good too.
I believe in you user, you will have to prepare for an uphill battle.

What kind of jobs are you looking for? If you don't know what job you want how will the rest fall into place? If you know what job you want then tailor every aspect of your lifestyle to fit it.

That's my biggest concern, but I figure I might as well try rather than resign myself to spending the rest of my life there. I don't even care about being massively successful anymore. I just want to make enough to cover my bills and live comfortably.

Thanks. The details of what I did in the classes are the things in the third line of the summary. I could add more, but those are the major things that I think a lab would be looking for, and I could further adjust it based on what they are looking for in the job description.

The specific type of job I am looking to get into would be a chemical/lab technician. I won't get rich doing it, but it's a lot better than what I do now and I know people who have advanced in companies starting out with that position.