What did i do wrong? Actual chart

ING shares (AEX Amsterdam)

Bought at 14.35. It dropped to eventually 14.28

My predictions were that it would go up.
Lowest support line was just drawn in.

What else did i do wrong with the support and resistance lines?

>What did i do wrong?
You believed in TA.

Idiot.

ta?

>Invests in stock based on TA.
>Doesn't even know what TA is.
Veeky Forums ladies and gentlemen

Technical analysis
Aka
Drawing random lines on a chart

So wtf should i have done then?
Fundamental analysis?

Use an indicator to gauge momentum along with future areas of support and resistance, e.g., ichimoku kinko hyo

>I jumped off a roof thinking my magic rock would allow me to fly.
>It didn't work.
>So wtf should i have done then?
Idk, maybe not believe in magic rocks. Or perhaps don't jump off roofs in the first place.

Why would I waste my time educating some moron who had to be told the name of his own meme strategy? Some people are beyond saving...

Dude you should have just waited for the dip man, and then you could have rode the wave. Now your just stuck holding the bag man.

>TA
Fucking love you schmucks.
This is literally the justification my roommate made me when Valeant hit an 8 year low. And then it kept dropping lower and lower.

How could ive seen the dip incomming?

You have to look and listen to the volume. Like I could have told you that dip wasn't done yet.

Notice how even the day previously there were even longer lengths of upwards momentum but eventually it came crashing down.

Please explain volume. Im still learning very hard with trial and error. Also reading shitton of books.

I see like volume

Volume: Ask 14.xxx - Bid 14.xxx Volume

What i did was buying at .355 and setting a profitcall at .41. I thought it would cross the first resitance line, as done before. But that failed.

Volume is the number of trades in a given period.

Why are you trying to bottom-tick? Just wait for confirmation of the reversal (also made apparent by volume) before entering.

What does such confirmation look like?

And how does volume relate to the graph?
More volume = more chance of growth?
What is more volume?

My broker (DeGiro) says:

Volume:
VOLUME

BIED (bid)

LAAT (ask)

VOLUME

Also, what will happen next?
Will it go up or down?

How can you see this?

You didn't exit when it didn't bounce off support. The approach looks good though, maybe combine it with another technical indicator to confirm entry. Something like fast stochs or boilinger bands. It's an art and takes practice

So you got a bid and an ask. The bid is the price some one is trying to buy it, the ask is what some one is trying to sell it. If this thing is going down with low volume trades, you gotta be bearish on it.

Also even the best approach can be wrong sometimes, which is unavoidable. Backtest your strategy and acquire a larger sample size

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

>What did i do wrong?
Bought individual stocks.
Might as well go and gamble.

So i should have gone short on it?

Going down with low volume trades?
So when i only see trades below 200k?

FUCK im a noob

Doing this with learning money.
Around €1900 in account. I dont mind losing it, as long as i know why im losing it and try to learn from it

Cant really go 50-50, since transactioncosts (2+0,002%) will eat me up.

Be wary on sideway times. Look at the tails, and look at the very dippy previous tail. That's not stregnth

You bought at support with expectation that it will hold and the price will either correct or reverse. So when the price started to move below support it was not doing what you expected it to do therefore your trade is no longer valid and you should've gotten out.

>My predictions were that it would go up.

Technical analysis is worthless.

I don't think you actually know what you're talking about.

It's hard to tell if any of your support and resistance lines are meaningful. Post a blank chart with 20 days (or longer) of data.

>ING
You have to look at the change of the change to predict the speed of change. Just wait it'll go up.

Why do you have so many support and resistance lines on a 15 minute chart? There's too much noise on time frames that low.

Based on what I can see from these last 2 days, these 2 primary blue lines are the only ones that are worth watching. I think 14.38 is the important level but 14.40 or 14.36 could be argued depending on if you're playing it loose or conservative.

Actually, the 14.51 line looks good also.

doing analysis at this level is a fool's game and waste of time

shouldve sold at 14.5
if you arent sure when to sell, which didnt you sell when it was already droppijng? if you hold onto it youre going to make back what you just made.

>shouldve sold at 14.5
Wow, that's some wizard-level hindsight, Dumbledore! Tell us more about things that already happened.

Bought at 14.35, how could i possibly sell at 14.5?
17 = 17 march
20 = 20 march, when i bought

Bruv TA only works if you have information that can help back it up, it's not an end all. Also you lost less than 1% why does this thread even exist that's not a big loss at all. Just cut your losses and move on. Even when TA is done right it won't be correct 100% of the time.

>TECHNICALS WITHOUT FUNDAMENTALS

Same levels marked with today's data.

Hello fellow Dutch person.

I'm sorry what?
You are gambling with 2K asking questions about TA, stating that you're reading a shitton of books, but you don't even know what bid/ask means?

I am missing something here? ffs fuck off