What was life like in the Bronze Age before its collapse?

What was life like in the Bronze Age before its collapse?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/1177-B-C-Civilization-Collapsed-Turning/dp/0691168385
youtube.com/watch?v=K8n5ojKdpp4
mega.nz/#!
ajaonline.org/sites/default/files/1084_Kolb.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

was it comfy?

I heard they had functional plumbing before the snowniggers came and pillaged most of it.

Definitely comfy compared to what came before and after it.

Imagine how much bronze there is today, and how great all that bronze is. Now imagine if there were even more bronze, and it was everywhere you looked. It was truly the best of times.

>snowniggers

the slavs or the german tribes?

The celts didn't last long in Anatolia though

Quite comfy in Sardinia

REMOVE CIVILIZATION, ANARCHY AND SLAVERY ARE AWESOME

SEA

Didn't someone recently post that these guys came from what's now southern turkey ?

Yeah I did but only the Denyen, Lukka and Philistines did, others like akawasa might heaven been greek, sherden and shekelesh could've been from Sardinia and Sicily

YOU EY EER

PEO

PLE

Verily, let it be written that I shall rip off thine head and shit down thy neck.

Bump for an engrossing book on the topic, if anyone's interested. The author drills down into the minutiae of things like the contents of a single galley they recently found -- everything from ebony logs from sub saharan Africa to tin from Afghanistan to Mycenean pottery -- and the various treaties that rulers of the era were writing to each other. Highly recommended.

amazon.com/1177-B-C-Civilization-Collapsed-Turning/dp/0691168385

Ooh thanks, I've been looking fora good read

Who were the sea people?

Sardinians?

Yes they were, Hittites had many pie recipes, explanation of winemaking methods, debt lists etc...

only Celts came to Anatolia as snownigger, but Hittites were destroyed by Sea people(they were shitskin eastern mediterranean guys)

They had a distinct culture and language for like 500 years before they were assimilated into Hellenic culture

The Sherden probably were Sardinians, video related, they also found an Egyptian scarab belonging to the New kingdom in this Nuragic sanctuary and the corpse of the guy who was buried with the scarab revelied that he had lived in arid climates, so maybe he had served as a mercenary in Egypt, in fact the Sherden served as royal guards and mercenaries under Ramses II:

All these discoveries are very recent including some of the new statues and the C14 of the corpses buried in the sanctuary:

youtube.com/watch?v=K8n5ojKdpp4

EN TI YO?

It was the time of the great kingdoms, Myceneans seemed to have been relatively unified, at least for a certain period of time according to Egyptian reports.
People in Anatolia were often fighting and it's very difficult to understand the borders of the many petty kingdoms that formed and disappeared in a short time, Myceneans owned some colonies in the South Western part of Anatolia from where they tooks slaves, it's difficult to understand if Myceneans conquered Cyprus, Hittities did conquer it for a short time according to their reports, aftert that they mentioned that the Ahhiwans, that some identify with the Myceneans, conquered it too, they Ahhiwana were also involved in conflicts regarding Wilusa that many identify with Troy, there are a lot of mysteries regarding this time period in the Mediterranean that often are connected to Greek legends.

Mediterranean people used the oxhide ingots, a standardized ox hide shaped type of copper ingots, to trade with foreign people, some assume it was some kind of proto-currency, they were mostly, but not exclusevely, produced in Cyprus and Syria, pic related is the distribution of oxhide ingots found up until now.

mega.nz/#!

q4AGwYhD!QYgdvzMUF0vmSlX43r9HmB0vwMDvnTk0Ci6WuOA7Jzw

download link for book

Imagine what it must have been like to live in the snow covered Anatolian highlands, in an era before pants and windows were invented.

Hittities were tough, they had to be to submit all those violent kingdoms around them and deal with Egyptians

This book has been on my to-read for months.
You're the best, user.

Nobody fucking knows. My guess is refugees from the Trojan war.

Troy had like 5000 people in it during the late bronze age, sea people were many different ethnicities coming from different regions according to Egyptians, at least read it up somewhere before voicing your opinion.

Black Sea slavers/pirates are my best guess. No one really knows but their recorded path goes from the Hellespont to the Nile delta where the Egyptians finally defeated them

>Black Sea slavers/pirates are my best guess.

Not even Myceneans managed to sail in the black sea according to some archaeologists, and they had the best nautic technology at the time, I highly doubt they could've come from there, there's not even proof of direct contact between Myceneans and black sea peoples.

Why wouldn't they sail there? It's not like there's some huge geographical barrier between the two seas. I believe Crimea was known for being a pirate stronghold in Roman times too weren't they?

E REEF EER

Trade in the region of the black sea isn't recorded or proved by archaeology, there are no relevant port towns in North western Anatolia, even troy was pretty small and didnt live by trade, the regions around the black sea were scarcely populated at the time, it's unlikely that sea peoples came from there as They first appear as traders and are well known in the Eastern Med since the 14th century BC, it's more likely that They come from areas under the influence of the Myceneans or that at the very least traded with them often, so I would guess Lycis, Danua, Sicily and Sardinia and those people have the same names as the sea peoples Who are listed by the Egyptians and Levantines

>Troy had like 5000 people
Troy VII is a helluva lot bigger than previously thought. As in one and a half square kilometers. What we've been thinking of as Troy all this time is just the citadel Schliemann found. So you can double or treble the pop.

>Hittites had many pie recipes
They even spoke a language descended from PIE

any chance you have this in an Ebook format? I'd like to read it on my kindle.

Is it possibly a Tyran conspiracy? Where they just hired a fuck ton of Mercs to destroy the surrounding Empires. I always find it weird that Tyre was untouched even though they clearly would've seen it on their way down the coast. Maybe Tyre wouldn't be alone, maybe funding from others like the Sardinians and Sicilians could've also played a part in it.

Byblos employed Sherden as mercenaries, later a Phoenician inscriptions found in Sardinia dated to the 10-8th century bc mentions the word Sherden

I am not talking about the citadel alone, I'm talking about the surrounding region too, and 5000 is according to the most "generous" estimates, this paper brings it down to 1000

ajaonline.org/sites/default/files/1084_Kolb.pdf

Where does Tyre fit in though? Was it just impregnable at the time? Were they maybe in a rush to get to Egypt before they could fully complete preparations? There's no way they could've missed it, it's s castle in an island right off the coast of an area the totally buttfucked

Please don't remind me.

The dinosaur media copy is only eleven freaking dollars. Geez.

> Were they maybe in a rush to get to Egypt before they could fully complete preparations?

Tyre was for a long time under the sphere of influence of Egypt, Egyptians gave Philistines Palestine and they gave the Sherden and the Tjeker some other lands in the former Egyptian territories, it is possible that they were content with that, much like the vikings settling in Normandy.
Before they got to Egypt the sea peoples burned to the ground cities in Cilicia, Syria (Ugarit, the most relevant port city in the Eastern Med was completely destroyed by them and never recovered) and in Cyprus

>My guess is refugees from the Trojan war
One popular theory is that it was Aegean Sea People's tribes who wrecked Troy in the first place. The Greeks just kind of took credit from them after assimilating the population.

Sea People'd

do you have a copy of it or not, tripfag

There was a thread here last month with some articles about bronze age northern europe. The battle showed that the conceptions we had of europe as some complete backwater are probably rather wrong because to have organized a battle on the scale of what they found there you'd need a functioning state with a trade currency strong enough to hire mercenaries in addition to native troops.

What were the "Dark Ages" following like?
Just a lot of dispersed communities fending for themselves and small scale tribal warfare until some of the communities became larger power centers & cities once again?

Nubian Pharaohs led the Egyptians out of their "dark age" pretty quickly.