Thinking about buying this Mustang. Not yet sure on the color, but right now I'm deciding between Kona Blue and Black...

Thinking about buying this Mustang. Not yet sure on the color, but right now I'm deciding between Kona Blue and Black. It'll be my first ever new car.

My current car is giving me a lot of problems with the electrical system and quite frankly I don't have the time nor the patience to keep dealing with it. I like the idea of having a new car that's ordered to my specifications and with no previous owner fucking things up.

I'm trying to look at it fairly objectively, but I can't help but get excited about making the purchase. I've paid off all my credit cards, improved my credit score, and I feel like now is a good time to buy.

Are there any known issues with these cars? Any electrical or mechanical issues I should be aware of before jumping in?

>inb4 crowd killer

Attached: 1.png (1874x784, 590K)

that transmission is brand new for this year and ford is not exactly known for their transmission reliability.

also 40k man, yeesh.

It's more like $44k with the performance options below the base price in the OP image.

Why the 10 speed auto for a mustang GT?

Attached: 1399002373383.gif (230x290, 1.48M)

OP here.
The 10 speed interests me because it's faster than the 6 speed manual while also being easier on my left ankle which is damaged from an explosion.

I've never had a car with those flappy paddle shifters before either, so that'll be kinda cool.

it looks like it performs great but i'd worry about its longevity especially considering its a first year. other than that, and the fact that shit is crazy expensive for my tastes im sure its a great ride.

I can easily afford the payments with lots to spare so the steep price tag isn't really an issue for me. I *could* pay it off in a year or year and a half if I was really serious about it, but I'll probably do a five year loan or something.

alright man its your money, and guys like you keep our economy going so..have at it. im sure it'll be a great time if the transmission holds up.

While I could drive a manual every day with mild discomfort, the doctors said I should stay away from manual motorcycles and cars if I have to operate a shifter or clutch with my left ankle.

I think the extra $1500 for the 10 speed is worth it in this case.

Sounds like the right choice then. I’ve test driven a 2015 GT and the interior is really nice compared to the older car. Visibility is fantastic compared to the Challenger and Camaro as well.

The 10 speed is the Ford/GM product.

I'd be interested in driving something with a 10 speed if it shifts quickly and smoothly.

OP, I too am considering a 2018 Mustang. However I'm going with the standard.

Are you considering the GT or Ecoboost? Premium or non-premium package? What about the performance pack?

Nice car OP I hope you like it

OP here.
Thought there'd be lots of shitting on me and general cancer in this thread, and yet Veeky Forums has surprised me. I guess it's a Monday so bus rider kiddies are in school and can't shit up threads too much. It's nice.

Get royal crimson. Its a limited edition color and looks badass. Also keep us updated if you make the purchase. Would like to hear about pros and cons first hand.

Attached: Zrw7WjA.jpg (4048x3036, 2.78M)

Attached: 29103448_1257388614394578_4437211480357601280_n.jpg (525x394, 59K)

Attached: 29136262_1257388594394580_7245746541455998976_o.jpg (1400x1050, 268K)

Attached: 6gRCnAr[1].gif (500x281, 936K)

>an explosion

dad has the 10 speed in his ecoboost f150. I never say this but it's the smoothest and fastest transmission I'ver ever had the pleasure of experiencing. There's almost no jerk between shifts it almost feels like a CVT but without any of the shit feeling. It still has the rpm drops you expect from a conventional auto. If it's durable in the long run then it will be GOAT no doubt.

Yup. At least I still have my foot though, so I'm pretty lucky really.

well i guess get the auto then

might as well make it convertible too and enjoy life

OP here.
I've started shopping around for lenders to see what kind of rates I can get. Still waiting to hear back from a couple lenders to get exact numbers, but I'll probably pull the trigger on this within the month.

There aren't any Mustangs in California that exactly meet what I want, so I'll likely have to order it from the factory which takes an estimated 60 days to receive it. The only car with the options I want in California has a white exterior color which I don't want.

That color is absolutely beatiful. I didn't know it was a "limited edition color". What does that mean exactly? Is it only for the 2018s?

I'm not a fan of convertibles. Soft tops look like shit and all tops are noisy and leak when it rains after a few years. No thanks. I'd rather have a coupe any day.

GT performance package, of course. Was looking at the Ruby Red or Crimson.

The exhaust valves seem desirable as I'd use the car as a summer DD. Not positive if I'll spec it with the ride dampening or not. Haven't felt or so I'm unsure.

I like it. Looks nicer than the Ruby Red I've looked at in person.

That's wild. How many miles are on it so far?

>With no previous owner fucking things up
This is why I want a new car.

I have a 2016 Stang GT. I haven't had any problems with it. Other than some of the silver trim buzzes when it's cold outside

Do you guys think it's worth looking into Ford factory financing for the car, or should I exclusively look at third party lenders like credit unions and such?

i financed my fiesta st through ford, the rate was ok and the service was good. just going to through the ford credit site and all that, it worked well.

nah, it just came out IN 2018, and may disappear again soon.

Not OP but I’m looking at a Mustang GT. My options are a 2017 GT, a 2015 GT Premium (both within a few hundred dollars of each other with 10,000 miles), or a 2014 GT (22,000 miles, significantly less expensive), all with the 6 speed manual. Thoughts?

I’ll add that while I appreciate the improved handling and interior quality over the outgoing model, I’m not entirely sold on the new styling and like the more retro look of the older car

Get the 2015 premium. Even if it is auto, the 2014 GT's had waterpump issues and less HP, BUT they d weigh less, and you'd have a manual. So which do you value more, higher HP and proven engine, or less weight and a clutch?

only had 1500 or so when i drove it. Sport mode is insane on that truck. its just endless torque. torque everywhere in all parts of the powerband. it's highly impressive and DESU Ford can eat shit for not giving the v6 EB treatment to the mustang.

IDK much about the magna ride stuff or active exhaust, so you gotta weighthe cost on those things, but Kona blue and the royal crimson mentioned here are definitely GOAT. I would say get the metallic green IFF THEY DIDNT FUCKING GET RID OF IT!!!!

The premium is a manual. Do the 2014s and 15s use the same manual transmission?

Don't do it OP!

Buy one that's 1-2 years old. Fuck $40k for a new GT. I paid $54k for an optioned out GT500 that was one year old. Some geezer blew $72k on it new

Don't let depreciation become your problem

How much does a credit inquiry hurt your credit? I know each time a company checks your credit history it's a ding on your credit for like six months, but I'm not sure by how much.

Makes it a bit of a bitch to shop around for good offers from different lenders because each time you apply for financing they ding your credit score, hurting your chances of finding future lenders.

Attached: credit-score-trouble[1].png (1600x900, 69K)

Note the image is in no way related to me. My credit score isn't completely shit lol.

>Some geezer
Probably was a 20 year old that drove it hard daily. Straight to the redline in first gear daily.

Maybe he let it idle for days on end just to listen to it.

>yes goy buy new
>who cares if it'll lose half its value in a few years

>I paid $54k for a used mustang

loving every laugh

>spending $40k+ on a mustang

Stop. Buying brand new is dumb. Always buy at least 1 year old, unless you're leasing, in which case, nothing matters.

I paid $29k for my 15 GT PP with 15k miles optioned exactly as I would have bought it new

I have had zero issues with the car, I autocross it, drive it hard, and have full bolt ons/tune/full IRS/springs/CC plates/shifter done

>Who cares if it'll lose half its value in a few years
When his car makes it to 200k without catastrophic failure he'll be the one laughing.

A used sports car, if we can call it that, was purchased with the intent of trading it in.

Those cars have been used, abused, and put away wet.

See . Difference is he bought a beaten car to beat on.

>A used sports car, if we can call it that, was purchased with the intent of trading it in.
OP here. Yeah that's pretty much my case right now. I bought an older used Corvette (the car giving me non-stop electrical issues) and I've driven it hard. It's got a cam, tune, intake, and exhaust, and I plan on trading it in or selling it private party to get the 2018 Mustang.

I can really only drive my current car during the day due to said electrical issues and I'm always thinking about what will break next. It stresses me out and I'm done with it. I want a new car, no previous owner, with the options and colors I want, and with a factory 3/5 year warranty that lasts the duration of my auto loan payments.

I'm so done with used cars *unless* I buy them intending to work on them a lot and make it into a project. Econoboxes are a different story - used is always better there.

>some geezer

This is almost as bad as "lady driven".

Old boomers don't know how to fuckin drive. Honestly, my friend's dad was teaching him how to drive stick and he was like "wanna learn something cool? if you balance the clutch and brake on a hill, you can sit there without rolling back!"

>my friend does this for 3 months straight on hills until I tell him he's grinding the fuckin clutch into nothing

God only knows how many gears that geezer chopped with his arthritic hands trying to go from 1st to 2nd...

Attached: 46880f68b.png (570x359, 206K)

>if you balance the clutch and brake on a hill

Is this as stupid as it sounds or is my brain broken

Attached: what did he mean by this.png (1645x927, 2.87M)

It's as dumb as it sounds. It's literal proof that boomers don't know what the fuck they're doing, because anyone who has the slightest idea of how a clutch works would understand this is a BAD idea.

Attached: finn.png (772x482, 405K)

What about on a motorcycle? When I used to ride I'd feather/hold the clutch right at the point where it'd keep me in place on an upwards facing hill. I felt bad for doing it, knowing it's terrible for car clutches, but did it anyway because managing two brakes, your clutch, and your throttle all at once is too much effort.

It's not the best to do in any vehicle, but a bike usually has a wet clutch so you're mitigating some of the wear/damage/heat with that alone. A car usually has a dry clutch, which isn't bathed in oil/cooling fluid, so it's much worse.

Think about it: you're holding the clutch plate and the flywheel just close enough that there's a bit of grip, but not enough to move forward. Not enough to slip back, either. You're grinding away at the contact patches on that plate, when in reality it should only be a momentary grind when you're engaging/disengaging to shift gears.

It'll wear your clutch like 10x faster if you do this regularly in a car. Not to mention it wears out the fingers on your pressure plate too.

OP again here.
I just went to the local Ford dealership and test drove a car ALMOST exactly how I want to order one. It was a 2018 GT Premium, 400A option, performance pack, magneride, and active sexhaust. Differences were that it was white and had factory-installed navigation both of which I do not want.

Hoooooooly shit I shouldn't have test drove it. Now I want to place an order for one like this week. They even said I could put $0 down IF I wanted, which I wasn't expecting. I thought I'd have to put down at least like $6,000.

Fuuuuck they make it really easy to give them your money, don't they?

Dont buy a black car ever!
Unless you're a dirty skank

>you're holding the clutch plate and the flywheel just close enough that there's a bit of grip, but not enough to move forward.
Sorta sounds like people that drive automatics that just completely devastate their brake pads due to "creeping" forward while holding the brake the whole time. Either let off the brake or use them to stop your car, jesus.

Similar principle, for sure. But brake parts are cheaper, especially pads. Can't usually replace a clutch plate for less than $600, unless you can do it yourself. And normally then you're into replacing the pressure plate and throwout bearing while you're at it, like preventative maintenance. Sometimes they'll re-face the flywheel too. It's like changing your water pump when you do the timing belt.

In short, grinding you clutch is fucking stupid and bad in a car. Less so in a motorcycle, for aforementioned reasons.

Attached: alison brie.jpg (600x800, 51K)

5.0 mustang isn’t worth $40k-$44k

at that price point you can start looking at low mile gt350s or gt500 which are all owned by autists usually and well taken care of

This. Can't tell if OP is yankee doodle or not, but in Canada you can get a Premium GT for like $40K new. You used to be able to buy a brand new Cyclone V6 for like $29k, which was a fucking steal for a +300hp RWD beautiful car.

Only a mongoloid would spend $44k on a used 5.0, especially one owned by a boomer.

Attached: guard green mustang.jpg (3264x2448, 892K)

>which are all owned by autists usually and well taken care of
Or abused as hell at the autocross track, drag strip, and/or street. I can't imagine how the average dimwit treats a brand new engine during the break-in period. I shudder to think of it.

>Only a mongoloid would spend $44k on a used 5.0
OP here. The car I'm looking at ordering from Ford is brand new, not used, for $44k.

he doesn't care about the 44k i guess just let him have it he will probably buy it no matter what we say.

Oh and I'm American, recently moved to California.

You could tell based on the seller. If he's some tattooed swaggot fucktard, stay away. If it's covered in [HOONIGAN] stickers and gaudy aftermarket shit, stay away.

If it's some mild-mannered 40-something guy who bought it as a mid-life crisis car, you're probably OK.

But generally, I wouldn't buy a used Mustang. The overall demographic is just too stupid and niggerish to risk it.

And to be honest famalam, if I had $30K to spend on a second vehicle, and a Mustang, I'd be buying a 69/70 Boss302 or a Mach1 for christ sake.

Attached: mustang rear.jpg (1600x1200, 418K)

Ignore the people telling you not to buy brand new. Sure the car depreciated, but who gives a fuck. A car purchase is not an investment. Buy what you want and enjoy it.

You are better off getting a Premium package and doing the exhaust/wheels/tires after market. Your money will go way farther and you'll get better products, a mid-level Borla is better than anything Ford offers.

Not to mention the Ford wheels are all meh-tier. Nice, but you can get way nicer aftermarket stuff for the same price. Tires too.

It bothers me that I can get a Premium package Mustang GT for $40k leafbucks in Ontario, yet you pay $44k freedombucks for a GT Performance pack in Commiefornia.

Attached: yellow mustang gt.jpg (2048x1360, 1.76M)

Stereotypical trooper spending all his hard earned dosh on a new car that's just going to get repo'd later when you realise troopers still don't make shit?

>And to be honest famalam, if I had $30K to spend on a second vehicle, and a Mustang, I'd be buying a 69/70 Boss302 or a Mach1 for christ sake.
Totally valid and I'm right there with you on that. However...
>second vehicle
This new Mustang I'm buying is going to be my primary and only vehicle for years. Daily driver combined with weekend hooning. I've daily driven a classic Camaro before, and while it works well if you have the time and space to tinker on it, if you want reliability it's not an option.

Trooper? As in State Trooper? No, I am no longer in law enforcement. I'm now a private contractor working in IT for a company that contracts with the DoJ. Network engineer specifically.

>40k
Lol I just bought a cpo 15 gt premium for 24k with 14000 miles
You never buy new let some other fag lose money on the car

>14,000 miles of constant use and abuse
>14,000 miles of never going past second gear as cruising in second all day everyday sounds good

>automatic transmission

Read the thread.

The paddle shifters are a gimmick. You'll rarely use them after the novelty wears off.

I think I've seen your posts over S550 forums. Love the color of your car!

If this is going to be a weekend toy, order it however you want.

If this is going to be a daily driver, I'd skip the performance pack. I'd go for the 401A to get the digital dash and the Shaker audio.

I'd also skip the magnaride suspension. Lots of fun, but they are expensive to repair, and it will need to be replaced 60K down the road. Brembo brakes ain't cheap to replace either. Those summer tires won't last as long as all season tires.

Dude go for it, I've had no problems with mine 14,000 miles in. The ten speed is pretty sweet, should give you no problems, though I opted for the manuel cause I like shifting. The upgraded electronics pack is nice, I believe its 401a, definately recommend that. Just one thing though, don't get the summer tires. My 17 came with Pirelli p zeros and they we're garbage. The rears only lasted 11,000 miles with no burnouts, they perform great but don't last worth a damn, also driving in sub 50 degree weather voids your warrenty on them. Also fuck the wing

Attached: 20180310_133513.jpg (4002x2610, 2.57M)

It's the same transmission in the Camaro.

Get an SS 1lLE Camaro instead

since u were injured your choice is acceptable. Just wait a while i have heard a few 10 speeds blowing up at low miles. They are incredibly complex and still need time to get the kinks ironed out. Be warned that the paddle response on these cars is not like a dct. You will not get that instant shift but a second of nothing then a shift. The transmission will still be quick when you leave it to itself, manual inputs may just have some lag.

>buying chebby
>buying a car that can't even finish a lap and complaining about it shitting the bed

OP here.
So am I getting jerked around here or what? I went to the dealership yesterday and spoke with the sales manager. He seems like a really nice person to be dealing with. Not pushy, aggressive, or using annoying sales tactics at all. He encourages me to place the order on my own time when it's best for me, and just told me to keep in touch and let him know when I'm ready. In the meantime he'll answer any questions I have.

Anyway, he said I don't even have to put any money down if I don't want to. I can put as little down as I want, even $0, which I just find hard to believe. I mean we're talking about a brand new 2018 custom ordered Mustang that would end up costing about $44,000, and they don't need any money up-front. Even when I bought my older Corvette I had to put about $2,000 down (granted my credit was worse then) to get approved for the loan.

My credit score is only in the 680s~690s range, so it's not like I'm a super well-qualified buyer.

Is this bullshit or is he actually being truthful with the process here?

Note: He said the only money I'd have to put down would be a few hundred dollars for the custom order initially. Basically a deposit of sorts.

Attached: Question-Mark-e1501900452211[1].png (512x512, 114K)

The dealership literally gives no shits how much money you put down. They get paid off of the number of cars they move off the lot, that's it. In a year that Mustang GT will have like $6000-9000 worth of discounts on it.

this, i dont drive a Mustang but i pretty much only use my paddles for quick downshifts while im cruising in Eco mode and the transmission get really sluggish to save fuel.

>car was driven for 14000 miles
Plus the previous owner was some old mexican bitch who Proably never went past 60 and since its a cpo I got that extended 100,000 mile powertrain warranty from ferd

>warrenty
it's spelled warranty you mongoloid

Attached: 1517799787411.png (403x448, 93K)

>Some old Mexican bitch
>Assuming her dirty Mexican boyfriend didn't drive it

>thinking mexican hobgoblins have boyfriends

What's it like to drive a 10 speed in every day city driving? I have a 6 speed auto and the fucking thing pisses me off sometimes. I would picture a 10 speed as constantly hunting in city driving.

OP here.
This Thursday I'm going to place an order for my Mustang.

2018 Mustang GT Premium in metallic Kona Blue.
Options: Performance pack (Brembo brakes, heavy duty front springs, brace, larger radiator, rear wing, Torsen limited slip differential, chassis tuning, stability control tuning, and an upsized sway bar), magneride adaptive suspension, and active valve performance exhaust. Oh and the 10 speed auto.

My girlfriend wants to "talk about this" tonight. Oh boy, here we go! Last night she said she was fine with it as long as total cost including DMV fees remains below $50,000. I'm expecting about $700 a month payments and she wants it down to $600 a month max, even though I take home about ~$3,500 a month after deductions and other bills.

She doesn't want to get married yet (been together for 7 years and she's starting her MBA program) since she's still in school so idk why she wants it $600 a month or less. One day she tells me it's my money and I can do whatever I want with it, the next day she says "we need to talk" about it.

Attached: Oh-boy-here-we-go[1].jpg (294x294, 16K)

Tell her fuck off its your money. been with my girlfriend for 5 years and i didint even tell her i bought mine granted mine was only 24k but still your money is your money regardless if you are together and if your making the dough and you have that much throw away money just do it or make a bigger down payment and get that payment down i mean its a win win less money out of your pocket every month and keeps her mouth shut

>if your making the dough
Well we both are. I make about $10k more than her per year currently (likely to change once she gets her MBA) and we split the rent evenly. I understand that she's worried about me no longer having as much disposable income available, but I just need to reassure her that I'll still have enough to pay for any emergency bills that come up or whatever. We help each other with paying off each other's debt or whatever when we can since we've lived together like forever and both had/have credit card debt. Mine's almost 100% paid off though, hers is not.

I think part of it is she's a bit salty that she still has to pay off her credit card debt before she can get a new car, and she works her ass off while I'm over here buying a brand new expensive car.

If we are talking about lower end sports car, like an ecoboost Mustang, I can see the appeal of getting a used one. But no way in hell am I going to buy a used Premium Fastback or any higher trim sports car. These types of cars are made to be driven hard.

does your car have a manual transmission option? id just leave it in first or second then cruise along.

I've always hated Mustangs until you posted this car. literally a case of wtf I love mustangs now

Attached: 1376333400958.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Don't get a Mustang you absolute faggot

what is it with veterans getting mustangs
must be a burger thing

veterans are always like this. Circa 2007, you'd see nothing but base model chargers in the camp pendleton parking lots

I cross shopped the 2017 1LE and a 2017 mustang (as well as some other stuff like an m240i) before getting the chevy. the camaro is better. It was so much better in fact that I don't think the 2018 mustang could catch up

Attached: 20170707_122033[1].jpg (3264x2448, 2.29M)