Having to say goodbye to your old car and getting a new one

>Having to say goodbye to your old car and getting a new one

does Veeky Forums know this feel?

Attached: 574335643.jpg (638x435, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUQjdwRno5g
youtube.com/watch?v=K4Sjisn0Jlk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, I stubbornly dump thousands of dollars into my shitbox because I just can't deal

Kinda
I've had to watch my smashed up car be hauled off. That was a hard day.

Attached: yudothis.gif (320x240, 2.81M)

Unfortunately yes. I’ve taken a small item from each of my cars in case I ever get the same model again

just keep it in somewhere safe and buy other car

then spend every bit of money you have modding your old shitbox

No, I just turn my shitbox into a money pit and the more I sink into it, the less able I am to let go of it.

Attached: mikedepression.jpg (663x579, 39K)

OP here.

>Got my first car back in 2006
>Its a 2004 Mercedes c-class
>Right now its 14 years old and has 143k miles
>It broke down a week ago and I cant seem to get it fixed.
>Already sent it to 4 different mechanics and dropped $600 on trying to fix it
>Problem persists and had to send it back to mechanic after i just picked it up today
>Parents are telling me its time to get a new car. Makes no sense dumping money trying to fix it when I can just get a new one
>Im not ready to let her go :,(

i dont know what to do bros...its never broken down like this.

Attached: 8pgh56.png (850x412, 542K)

I sold my car so my wife could get a new one.

>tfw spent 3k on repairs in the past 5 months and my car is only worth 6k traded in

Attached: 1520039790400.gif (500x375, 557K)

how's your wife's son doing?

I almost did. The damage exceeded the worth of the car, but I felt really bad about sending a car to a junkyard that otherwise worked perfectly fine. The first repair I ever did on a car was replace a door, and it felt good when I finished, because it saved my civic.

Attached: 0206171148a.jpg (1280x960, 505K)

>only worth 6k traded in
so its worth like $15,000 if you sell it private sale?
Why in the everloving fuck would you ever trade in a vehicle?

still driving my first car, have yet to part with it
probably just gonna drive it into the ground before I stop using it, there's no real reason for me not to

ive come close to that feel, my car was wrecked beyond what normies would even think about repairing, almost a yaer later im back in it while its in like new condition, the car has less inpefection that the avrage 1 year old mom moville

Attached: IMG_1330.jpg (3264x2448, 1.45M)

There's no way it worth that much, hell I bought it used for 15k 5 years ago from some shady dealership

Symptoms?

trade in value is usually half of what the car is actually worth.
I had a 2000 Durango with a $1,500 trade in and I sold it private sale for $5,000

Car would go into "limp mode". limp mode is when car wont shift gears and stuck in 2nd gear. When my car goes into limp mode the ABS, ESP and check engine light come on, speedometer goes dead despite the car still moving. last mechanic told me its the ESP control module that needs to be replaced.

went to pick it up at the mechanic today and after few minutes driving same problem popped up. previous mechanics said transmission is fine. only other thing i can think of is the brake light switch.

Attached: 8765435.png (655x379, 25K)

04 Mercedes with less than 150k is toast?!?

Kek

Wife wants me to trade my 97 Cummins in for a new one. Ole girl has 330k on her and runs good. But she is old and loud, only a two door and rattling apart a little. I told my wife maybe 2020 we can buy a new one

a hard day for me was the next day after my car was involved in an accident i had to go the junkyard to collect my belongings, and be told on the spot it was total loss

yeah, i still think about my first car every now and then. she was pretty but was a hunk of shit

Your car computer is toast

I know this feel.
>When the doctor calls and tells you she's totalled

>car gets totaled on the way to work by a Jeep failing to stop and slamming into it from behind
>gets towed to salvage yard while you work out details with insurance, go to work and let them know what happened
>go to salvage yard to get the remained of my stuff out of the car, just jumper cables and a few tools
>sit in the driver seat for a while under the blue tarp, rubbing the steering wheel and thinking back on all the good memories
>walk out and hand the keys over to the yard boss
>sitting in rental, can see her through the fence, peeking at you from under the tarp
>finally have to put it in gear and drive away, knowing that as she disappears behind the fence, it’s the last time you will ever see her

Attached: A32DDC73-E272-4EB0-8976-06DBC06A79B0.jpg (300x360, 44K)

>Mercedes
Why didn't you listen

Attached: 1513886831563.png (1016x579, 623K)

i know the feels. had to get rid of this in the summer. bad head gasket and not worth the money to repair. it was my favorite car i've owned.

Attached: sentra.jpg (5344x3006, 1.12M)

ITT

Attached: axoKcFY.gif (500x255, 492K)

I couldn't do it.
My car is sitting in the garage not being used

Yes, yes I do.

Attached: 001.jpg (3664x2748, 2.18M)

I know that feel

I sold my car and went to the junk yard to find parts for my new car

Ontop of a pile of cars was my old one, missing tires and engine

Rip

take a weekend and replace it

Imagine in your cars final moments, it comes to life and cries out your name

Attached: junkyard.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

if you drive a car until it dies, it won't suffer a terrible fate like that

I saw my old shitbox pulling out of a parking lot two days ago. I guess they fixed it enough to be drivable but it still looked like shit.

I never really liked any of my cars before I got my current one

that's a bit beyond my scope of abilities at the moment. in hindsight, i probably didn't have much to lose by trying it though.

im about to

except my old car is way more reliable than the new car and the new car has a dead engine

subaru is a fucking meme always buy american

>tfw my dodge is at 181k and running like a champ still
>tfw will genuinely cry when she dies

I do. blew the engine in my MK2 supra so she just sits. i hope to do a engine swap this summer and get her running again.

Attached: photo_2017-10-30_20-21-48.jpg (1280x960, 178K)

If it's a car that I care for a lot, it sometimes sucks having to replace it for a new one.

BUT, It feels good in the end because I love the feeling when I get a new car.

yes
the fucking normies at the stealership treated my like a mental patient

pre 98 chrysler is great
post 98 is hot fucking garbage, daimler did a number on chrysler

i had two jeep cherokees, a 98 and an 01

never again

>My jetta got stolen over a month ago
>Terribly indecisive
>I still don't have another car

Please someone pick a car for me

Fixing it is cheaper than a new car.

I don't know because even though my car is on her last leg I am putting it off as long as possible. I don't want to have to say goodbye.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUQjdwRno5g

>I trusted you user
>you said you loved me
>said you’d always care for me
>they...they took a piece of me user, I’ll never been the same

Suzuki jimny

Every now and then I'll forget that she's gone. I'll go to grab my keys and realize I no longer have her. And sometimes I'll even go outside to my current car and remember where she used to be parked.

Attached: IMG_0250.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

no because my Subaru won't fucking die.

what do you have

im wondering why mine is being such a cunt

I've only ever had 2 vehicles. A 90 Accord and my current 99 Civic that won't fuckin die.

I finally junked my Accord that had been sitting for a couple years since I got kit Civic. Kept the shift knob. Sits on my desk at work.

Why hank didn't swap the engine. It have costed like an afternoon and $500

something I could buy in upstate ny

>loved my first car
>got a conveniently priced replacement when it started to go downhill
>garaged first
>2nd started to cost more than it was worth in upkeep
>sold it and got a shitbox beater for a temporary period
>shopping for a new car now and won't miss the beater when it's gone because it's a piece of shit
>first car I love is still in the garage undergoing an engine swap among many other fixes/upgrades

Attached: 1237172176573.jpg (320x240, 10K)

yes but not until it was too late
>buy first car for $800
>it was a 10 year old dodge neon from my dad's friend that was moving out of the country and couldn't take the car with him
>thiscarsucks.png
>put about $3500 of work into it over 2 years
>only ever went to a mechanic once to replace the starter because I couldn't figure it out myself
>rest of it was done by me and my dad
>it was a sort of project car between us but really we just fixed whatever needed fixing
>then one day delivering pizza at my shitty weekend job
>cunt fell asleep at the wheel and drove into me going down the wrong side of the road
>it happened 100 feet away from my job literally 5 seconds after I left for a delivery
>whole front end pushed in, her car is done too
>seeing my car get pulled up onto the tow truck bed
>theres no room at all for my legs, still wondering to this day how the fuck I didn't lose my legs in that accident
>next month go buy and get a shiny brand new volkswagen passat
don't get me wrong the car is great and my crappy dodge neon is nothing compared to it, maybe its the work me and my dad put into it or because its my first car but I miss it

Attached: 1509909503736.jpg (319x331, 15K)

I will never sell my shitbox
Fpbp

Feeling you boyos

F

i feel for you. mercs are ass, and your wallet is feeling it. shoulda got a honda or toyota.

i hope it works out tho

my dad and I are going through the same thing
>live in houston
>4.5 feet of water in our house
>our drive way had around 6 at the level my dads truck was
>old ass black Chevy 01 z71 silverado with 250k miles on it
>tons of history, grew up with that truck, camping road trips and what not
>water goes over the bed and covers half the windows
>wave go bye to our sunk vessel as we kayak out of the front door
my dad thinks we can fix her, and I really want to, she's still in the drive way, but I know shes toast, there's no way water didn't get in the engine

Attached: 1520145780495.png (908x714, 243K)

>another starion destroyed

Attached: 1520464280787.png (400x416, 169K)

Horrifying.

No, because I refused to let her go, I bought a new car but my old one still runs.

I dunno, I am still on my first car. I love her though and although it's mechanically better than when I got it 5 years ago. She is starting to get rusty and I know she is slowly dying. I don't know how I will part my ways with 95hp heap of junk, at least it's a heap of junk for everyone except me and my father. But the time will come to put one between her eyes.

Attached: received_1626297580768763.jpg (528x960, 48K)

Yes

Attached: 2377.jpg (3264x1836, 2.48M)

based

sop that ;_;

CBR600

ganbatte user, we believe in you

Attached: meeeee, youuuuuu.png (960x1202, 1.04M)

The only car I actually miss is my old Tracker. I didn't mind replacing it at the time, it was like 4 vehicles ago, but out of curiousity I youtube'd it the other day and this clip made me sad

youtube.com/watch?v=K4Sjisn0Jlk

>Live in a pretty small city, have an okay job and cost of living in cheap
>Can afford to rent a three bedroom unit with a double garage alone, has driveway space for two cars and can park on the street if need be
>Have 3 cars, a JZX100 Chaser, AE86 Trueno, and AE82 Corolla which I love the most because I've traveled to or through most of the states and territories in Australia with it
>Recently land a pretty hektik job, doesn't pay much to start with but the future potential is so much more than what I'm currently doing
>Have to move to Melbourne, expensive as fuck to live there and I'll have to share a place which means room for only 1 car
>Have no choice but to send the Trueno home to my parents' place halfway across the country
>That leaves me with 2 cars, Chaser and AE82
>Chaser is by objective standards the far better car and I really want to keep it
>AE82 is starting to rust and slowly deteriorate, it's old, and components are wearing out
>But the prospect of having to get rid of it hurts my soul

I just don't know what to do.

Attached: sad_1.jpg (446x362, 23K)

Find someone who would restore it and treat it right, don’t sell it to a bogan shithead. That way it doesn’t have to die, you just have to say goodbye

You need to plug a computer in and get some data, throwing parts at something and hoping for the best is just dumb.

>>Having to say goodbye to your old car and getting a new one
>does Veeky Forums know this feel?

I feel good getting new vehicles, I buy pieces of shit and run them into the fucking ground. I was actually shocked I got any kind of a trade in on my last jalopy, bitch was clapped out worse than a Tijuana hooker at her retirement party.

EL ESS swap lad, literally $100 from a junkyard and 20 minutes in the backyard.

Dude just pop the spark plugs and turn it over and push the water out. It should be fine.

Just fix the rust

I did this for my 1990 300CE.
Bought car for 2400
Wrecked then repaired for 500 in used parts and panels, another 300 in misc new parts, and a 2900 dollar body shop bill.

322K miles and still ticking. I couldn't send my first car to a junkyard, especially a 2 door.

i've done it a month ago. it's like bringing a dog for putting down, i had my first time in those rear seats

Oh and right now she's got new wheels and is sitting at a graphics shop getting her replacement fender and a non rusty driver's door pinstriped to match a factory two tone stripe. I peeled back the crappy vinyl done by the body shop or PO and discovered there was a two tone grey/light grey stripe and I wanted it replicated to the new panels. Why anyone would ever cover up such a good looking stripe is beyond me.

I know her time may be limited, she's flaking apart pretty bad but meh, I can still drive it, aint no reason to stop now.

That would be the goal... but they're just kinda worthless. I mean, I bought it for $950. I love it so much, but I'd be in denial if I said that it wasn't a complete shitbox. I just can't see anyone taking it on and restoring it.

Is it the hatch? You might be able to find someone, but if it’s the sedan/lift back then it’s gonna be hard to find someone

You have a 722.6 5G-tronic, right? Might be the valve body conductor plate, they're known to go bad. Definitely read it out with a proper scanner though.

>getting emotionally attached to a hunk of metal
pathetic

How dare you

I love my car and it loves me and we trust each other too

Attached: tgyJYp6.jpg (540x697, 80K)

>ME STOIC ME STRONG

Attached: 1515257705835.jpg (699x749, 116K)

it's almost the same thing as when your mom took your big wheel away from you.

>He doesn't care about his car
Get the fuck out of here.

Attached: 1520039938637.jpg (900x900, 57K)

fuck I know this feeling
I felt so fucking ashamed and its mauled face
it never let me down and I failed it

Attached: Cry.png (356x367, 49K)

>Have 299K mile Ford Probe 4-cyl
>Needs a LOT of work done
>Can't part with it I've had it forever that was my baby it was there for me in thick and thin
>Instead of hauling it off to a junkyard, I'm buying another one today to drive while I completely strip the 299K one down and rebuild it

I sent two of them to the great garage in the sky and told myself never again on something this obscure. This will be number 3 if I buy it today

Attached: yNoN8nW.gif (400x261, 966K)

Mercedes require a proprietary scan tool beyond an OBD2 reader to get a diagnosis for systems like the ESP and whatnot. The merc scanners are like 900 bucks

This. I keep almost every vehicle I've ever owned, I've had people knock on my door asking to sell, but I'm going to do something with it someday, even though I have numerous other projects and no spare time

Yeah im that guy. Fite me

Worth the investment

Attached: IMG_20151202_141240073_HDR.jpg (4320x2432, 3M)

Fuck flood damaged vehicles. Especially in water that deep.

Even if you fixed everything mechanical. You'll be chasing electrical gremlins for the rest of its life. Buy another similar truck and use it as a parts truck

>he's never had a car special enough to care about like this
what is it being unable to form bonds with anyone or anything. Oh that's a literal huge red flag for literal autism too. Good luck never having any lasting or meaningful relationships ever.

C230 Kompressor autotragic?

I've had my truck for 10 years. keep saying im going to get rid of it because it really doesnt fit my needs any more, but I cant bring myself to pull the trigger

No pinstripes from factory, mustve been somekinda American stealership shit

This is correct. How do people lose all concept of math and logic when "New Car" is in the equation?

This made me more sad than any story of abuse or some shit ever will
I don't know why, it's just when you put that much time and effort and money into something and you're so proud of the finished product that you've taken everywhere imaginable only to have it taken away from you in the blink of an eye is hard. It's a type of pain people who haven't done that can't imagine.

>finds water in the exhaust
>head gaskets
>supposed to be a car guy
>cantintoheadgaskets
>gets new truck

Attached: 1472796536581.gif (379x440, 140K)