Parents are pressuring me into buying a car under their conditions...

parents are pressuring me into buying a car under their conditions, i don't have the means to move out fully when im in college but i have some saved (12k). they want something "not fast" and safe, i want a V8 mustang because murica. they want something cheap to maintain & insure, and so do i.

what get?

Attached: 2015_00004_02.jpg (1000x634, 355K)

>something "not fast"
taurus SHO
they won't know what the fuck it is other than a taurus

checked, can i cop one for under 15k?

1995 or earlier, hell yes

Charger V8

forgot to mention - they want newer than 2012-2013
i drove a friend's v8 charger (2014) and it was a gigantic piece of shit, super lazy engine in the low range and handles like a 4 ton armored piece of shit. really don't want anything too heavy lol

lexus is350
"it's only a v6 mom"
meanwhile, it's a comfy hotrod that never breaks
downsides are the bland styling and cramped interior

Attached: Lexus-IS350.jpg (2008x1360, 315K)

there's also the gs450h which is a 14 second quarter mile hybrid
"it's a hybrid mom i'm saving the planet"

Piece of shit sedan.

reminds me how my friends parents forced to waste 11k on a chevy cruze thats already consuming oil and has a rattling chain because "its new and has low miles!"

Attached: 1460594373091.jpg (806x952, 525K)

civic si

V6 Accord

yea 2013 taurus sho are nice they're quite big tho.

also never get a pre nu-taurus they unreliable now unless you feel like rebuilding the transmission day 1

G37

>tfw my mom wanted to buy me a fucking nissan versa
>found a shitbox that I wanted that ran well
>for $500
aaand that's how I got my way instead of her
she was salty after the fact because she couldn't pass up that price even though she hated the car

>Tells the story without sharing one important piece of information; what the shitbox was.

hyundai accent

also, consider an ecoboost
they tanked hard in second hand value and with various tunes can match a GT's stock power

Damn son look at all the space in that engine bay for intake and exhaust and turbo work

Attached: mustang ecoboost 2015 engine compartment.jpg (520x318, 42K)

1997 Dodge Neon RT coupe

ford probe

How has nobody mentioned focus st yet

ford focuck

toyobaru?

Do not listen to your parents. Buy the car you can afford and want. You will be driving it after you move the fuck out.

never 5get

that remind me how i got my last car. some dude was selling a 2003 taurus wagon for 400$ without asking anybody i just whipped the cash out and voila i still drive it 4 years laters.
no one approved tho everybody lost their shit around me at first "its ugly" "its too big" "its a slow piece of crap" to what i usually answer "so am i"

if you ever doubt what car to buy just get a civic and mod the shit out of it

Ls swap Toyota corrolla

I would get this if I where you
2007 is350 is pretty quick 0-60 in 4.8 seconds
13.4 1/4 mile
and reliable af

Attached: 1513605225580.gif (320x240, 1.05M)

Be a big boy and tell them to get fucked. If you get kicked out, you can sleep in the mustang

Their money? You got no choice?

Your money? You can do what you want. If you are over 18 they can kick you out but then that would benefit you better at the end of the day anyway.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice.

Focus ST or Fiesta ST. Or even a Civic Si.

>The Chad V8
>Burgermobile excellent, Fugggg :DDDDD

Attached: 7a5.gif (482x800, 29K)

buy a 2002 nissan altima

get a minivan and slap a fuckoff turbo on it.

Attached: 1989-1990-Dodge-Caravan-Turbo.jpg (593x403, 28K)

$3k civic with a few simple mods is all you need

also one of the worst cars for aftermarket, that engine sucks.

>95 sho
>220hp
>3,300lbs
>fast
myfuckingsides

Just get a civic for 3k.

Don't buy new for your first car, buy a shitbox and not one you will make payments on.
Find a clean Nip car from the 90's/early 2k like an mr2 or ka9 acura RL etc.
Making payments that early of an age is a killer, it's better to have the extra money.
Your parents know more than you OP listen to them, just get an older sports car, firebird transam is nice, and cheap.

Attached: briusx-DDDD.jpg (1128x500, 177K)

a four door genesis with a tune

>newer than 2012
get a job and save up for something else, you're not gonna get what you want for that price. if they make a fuss about it tell them to eat a dick. it's your god damn money.

for 12k you can get some really good, older, light weight cars that are simple to maintain

Cuck mobile

>first car
>mr2

Rx-8

As someone who's buying a new 2018 Mustang GT, in your situation I'd just go with a BRZ or something. It's got a small engine to appease your parents and your cheap insurance requirement, it's fun around corners and zipping around cities, it's really not very fast, and probably decently safe but I don't really know because I'm a V8 elitist.

BRZ, 86, 370Z, Miata, and countless other lower displacement sports cars are an option for you.

Alternatively, if you want a V8 because maybe you aren't a pussy commie bitch after all and want to exercise your freedom to buy whatever you want with your own money because capitalism, then just get a slightly used Mustang 5.0 and thank me later.

If you've got 12k saved up you could even put that as a sizable down payment on a brand new 2018 Mustang GT and really fucking enjoy your life living without compromise.

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg[1].png (1280x674, 29K)

Ak47

I drive a manual honda civic that i bought with with 311000 miles on it. I bought it for $500, replaced the leaky radiator myself and now have 322000 miles on it problem free. Insurance is almost free and it gets 35-40 mpg. Just buy a car like this and save your money for something that really kicks ass after you move out of your parents house.

This user has a point, your options are:
Cheap
Fast
Reliable
And you only get to pick 2.
If you can't afford to live on your own, you can't afford a racecar. Don't hobble yourself by blowing all your cash on a money pit before you are even out of school.

Jesus Christ just buy what you want, how hard is it? This is reddit tier posting.

>Buying the turbo

Yes it has more horsepower and yes it gets better fuel economy, but they just aren't reliable. If you want a Cruze get the 1.8, it will run forever if you take care of it. The mechanics I've worked with and the service manager at the dealership I talked to said they literally never have problems, they only come in for maintenance. They're known to leak oil but that's it, last month a 2012 Cruze RS came into the shop, had 300k miles on it

Aftermarket engine modification is not something a kid with $12k to his name should be worried about. That stuff nukes the resale value and he's on a tight enough budget as it is without buying new parts and dealing with any complications that may arise.

You have 12k saves but can't move out?

a Cadillac DTS is a v8 user

Who's money?

Buy a late 90s volvo v70 for 1500. Save a little bit more and buy a 1969 mustang fastback with a 351 and swap in a T5.

Attached: mustang.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

Since you're over 18 and have $12k of your own money, buy whatever fucking car you want.

assert your independence, get what YOU want. do not spend all of your money on it. learn to live with a mistake if you have to

DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTOA LEASE HEED MY WARNING

also just get loans and move into dorms at the cheapest school you can find gtfo your parents house

Attached: C66BD023-4AB9-4A50-9C7D-C32B1ADB3DEC.png (520x447, 403K)

wtf is up with threads like these seriously do you need mommy to hold your hand while you buy a car just fucking go out a spend your money on the car you want

Buy a fucking 5-door hatchback. Don't listen to people who recommends you a roadster. They're fucking useless toys for people who have another car.

If it's your money tell them to piss off you'll buy a god damn Space Shuttle if you can get it for 12k.

>bus rider