UK fag here, my insurance/road tax/MOT is up at the end of the month

UK fag here, my insurance/road tax/MOT is up at the end of the month.

I drive a 2002 Fiesta Zetec, which is costing me £100 every 6 months on road tax. Plus £640 car insurance, this is killing my funds.

I've been considering scrapping the car with a dealership and getting a car on loan, however I have no idea what I'm doing and need some advice.

Attached: Ford~Fiesta~(4)[1].jpg (730x478, 80K)

Getting a new car on loan is going to cost way more than what you're currently paying..
You'll be paying £100-300 a month

Oh and you'll also be in crippling debt

You will still have to insure and tax a new car if you get a loan, if you are trying to save money it is completely pointless

What options do I have then?

You can do tax and insurance monthly which might give you some breathing space

What is your end goal? More fun car? To pay less? I can’t help you without a clear idea of what you want.

Attached: bus-pass.jpg (1987x1246, 361K)

>scrapping the car with a dealership
wtf does this mean?

I think some dealers are offering a scrappage scheme thing - £2k trade in if you buy a new one from them.

What does it have to do with scrap? That's just a trade in

Because they scrap the trade ins as opposed to flogging them through auction. The idea is that they are taking older less efficient cars off the roads and replacing them with new ones.

Stick with it, your insurance will go down after a few years. I'm guessing your around 20-ish? I was paying £480 insurance on a Fiesta 1.25, 2006 model at 23

Do they get money from the government to do that? Because the scrap metal will probably only make them a few hundred pounds at most. And why would you scrap a 2002 car anyways? Wasteful and financially retarded.

I don't think so, it is probably a marketing tactic to encourage people to buy a new car when the otherwise might not have. I agree it is wasteful, but then the used car market in this country is so good I can see why people don't sink money into an older car to keep it going.

lmoa, abandon your communist boat
for a 2007 4 door polo, insurance (2 types) and government tax is £250 for a year here in easter yurp

I am willing to bet a 2002 Fiesta costs more in the used car market than what you will get from selling it as scrap metal. Therefore the manufacturers must be doing this for good publicity or something.

I mean dealers not manufacturers

thats cheap m8
my mx5 is like £35 a month tax and £70 a month on insurance, thats with 9 years driving and 1 years no claims

Undoubtedly, they are using the veil of environmentalism to get people through the door and buy their cars.

Btw just realized you can buy a £100 shitbox and "scrap it in" for a 2k discount off a new car
Pretty cool

That insurance is cheap mate
>my 2.0 tdi was £2400 the year after my ban ended
>£1400 a year later

Fiestas and corsas are known for being pricey to insure. If your aiming to just reduce outgoings then research cheaper cars to tac and insure. I dont see how getting in debt with a car loan will help you

Attached: IMG_2502.jpg (650x487, 101K)