Do you need a good car for a good relationship? Also what car should I get?

My Ex told me she always hated my car. It doesnt fit to my status and size. I make about 100k and am 6'1. I drive a 1995 Golf. I never cared about cars, but finally figured they might be a status symbol in our society. Do I have aspergers?

Attached: 1518476551102.jpg (319x331, 15K)

Drive what you love. If you love that old golf then keep it running as long as you want. If you want a sports car go buy a sports car. If you want an SUV go buy an SUV. Don't let a woman tell you what to do.

Good thing she's an ex, she sounds like a cunt

I make about 70k a year and refuse to finance or spend a huge sum of money on a vehicle. Currently driving a 1979 f150 that i built and 2012 fusion for long trips. Bought the fusion for $600 with a blown engine, installed $600 junkyard engine in a weekend.

My gf thinks the world of me

That's because you're a man's man. Not a faggot driving a Golf

>cowboy truck
>not a faggot

Think of cars like clothes. Are you wearing rags/23 year old clothes or are you wearing newer clothes? You're wearing new stuff because it feels nice and makes you more confident because you don't look like a homeless poorfag. Same thing goes with cars. She wanted to feel special, she wants to brag about you to her friends. But then her friends sees your shitbox and laugh at her more than you.

Got something nice, with a V8, and you'll have renewed confidence and status in society.

>My ex told me she always hated my car
>my ex
>ex

user who cares what she thinks. Cars are supposed to make you happy. "status" symbol cars are a waste of money.
I make 110k a year 6ft and drive a fifth gen Camaro SS and have a sportbike and a 450 street legal dirtbike.

Most of my buds making 25k - 30k a year drive base model BMW Mercedes SUVs. Those cars are more expensive than my Camaro and sportbike put together and are the most soulless slow turds I have ever driven, but "muh social status" always prevails with most normies.

I think maybe you should get a car but something actually cool like a Dodge Viper or Used Lotus or some shit. Get one before your future roastie wife/ gf threatens to leave you if you don't get a crossover.

>user who cares what she thinks

>I can play my Nintendo DS in public wearing a fedora because adults can do what they want and it's ok!

Caring what thots think of you.
If your girl is dating you to look better in front of her friends fucking run fast mate

Go live in a car board box and see how many girlfriends you get

t. whipped bitch, guarantee you drive some form of SUV.
>well I wanted a cheap sports car but Stacy said that was stupid so we got a German crossover on an 8 year loan.
She always knows whats best XD

>Drives a 4 cylinder 23 year old German hatch back
>Calls others whipped

implying that girls are the end all be all in life decisions. I would sooner live happily in a van than buy property and cars based on what thots will think of it. Try having a good personality and redeeming qualities beyond "muh expensive looking car" or alternatively just be single and live how you want every day and actually enjoy life.

see Also I am pretty sure this dude making 100k a year and spending it on what he wants despite Stacy's wishes is less whipped than some crossover driving faggot like you...

If your GF decided she wants to weigh 300 pounds are you supposed to just deal with it? No you don't. Has it occurred to you his ex doesn't like a soulless shitbox? Maybe she's a car enthusiast.

So salty. What's the name of the alpha male that stole your girl?

Could be the opposite. He might be worried buying nice stuff makes him look like a cuck so he lives like a homeless guy because that's apparently ok

>do you need a good car for a good relationship
Nope, just need to find the girl who appreciates you and Not what you can provide
>married for 2yrs and drive a car so bad it only had 1yr of production

Do you live in a cardboard box too because if you buy nice stuff you look like a cuck?

>worries buying nice stuff makes him look like a cuck
What kind of meme are you trying to start here?

>have bad car
>no girls
>get cool car
>get gf
>get married
>kids
>have to sell cool car to get a SUV/Crossover or whatever """""safe big car for da kids""""""
Yeah, no thanks. If I ever get a cool car I'm only letting my friends in.

Attached: IM_GONNA_STEP_ON_THE_GAS.png (1000x1206, 1.74M)

>ex
>gold digger
Don't. You can't put a price in humility. Buy something new and reliable if you really need an upgrade.
Don't listen to faggots on here

Because apparently buying anything more than basic food water and shelter makes you pussy whipped. My point is you have a nicer house than your car.

Who is implying this?

Admittedly the car is also reliable as fuck and refuses to die.
>do you live in a cardboard box
Funny story, I did just that a few years back.
Nah We rent the downstairs of my parents. Saving up to build our home how we want it. I buy nice things, but there’s no room for cars atm so I just look after the two we have.

Everyone that says OP's shitbox is fine and upgrading makes him a cuck

If your job is based on status and appearances then yeah, you should consider something flashier.
I knew a sales representative who drove a Clio Campus. He buried himself in debts to buy a BMW, however, it helped his career and was able to pay off his debts.
If your career doesn't really rely on status and appearance, then your car won't have much of an impact.

The trick is to be rich and drive a shitbox so you can weed out those after your money

Attached: 1509225322103.gif (571x607, 766K)

Upgrading from a car that you're happy with to a new one because a roastie who you're not even fucking anymore doesn't like it is pretty cuck tier.

No it's not, it's essentially her advice to OP

The very act of taking auto advice from a female is cucked.

Any auto enthusiast would tell OP the same thing.

>telling a man who isn't into cars that he should replace his perfectly fine 95 shitbox with something newer
I wouldn't give him this advice desu.

You're forgetting Veeky Forums is filled with a bunch of poorfags who if nothing else don't like seeing anyone have anything nice and would rather drag OP down to their level. That's where the absolute hatred for any new car, or even relatively new car comes from. That's mostly why they're telling him not to do it.

Who said anything about newer? Just nicer

A car enthusiast telling op his shitbox is fine is like a gym trainer telling you it's ok to be fat if you're satisfied as is.

>telling a man who isn't into cars that he should replace his perfectly fine 95 shitbox with something nicer
I wouldn't give him this advice des.

I married my wife having been driving the same 200k miles '98 regular cab tacoma for 8 years. She hated how cramped, noisy and uncomfortable it was. As long as your car is reliable enough to get the both of you where you need to go without worry she should shut the fuck up and stop whining. I'm going on 3 years as a mechanical engineer and still DD a stock 94 civic hatch.

If a hoarder is perfectly fine with his life do you tell him that's fine?

How is being content with an old, non performance vehicle comparable to being a hoarder or fat?

All these guys who are like "ugh whatever drive what you want don't ever do anything to make your girlfriend happy and more people of you" I'd love to see how theyd react if their girlfriends decided to stop shaving, gain 30lbs and start wearing exclusively sweat pants and moomoos.
OP, relationships are a balancing act, it's about give and take, compromise. You can't do 100% what you what to do 100% of the time. And if you can get a nicer car that's within your means then there's no good reason to NOT get one.

She's a stupid cunt with no class. Just tell her it's all the rage in Europe and she isn't hip enough to get it.

And this is why I don't want a relationship but simply get laid a bunch with random girls. If I buy a new car it's because I want a new car, not because someone else does

You can always get a 2nd car for the weekend and have a reliable DD to keep racking up the miles on.
I make 80k a year and DD a 2wd 1st gen tacoma, its reliable and doesnt cost much to maintain.

Because they're both signs of mental illness

Get minivan, show that you are dedicated.

Attached: ford-galaxy-02.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

this is rare.. good on u though user for finding a keeper

>Status and size

Like everyone else says, who gives a shit what other people think? I'm 6'3" and I had a Mk1 Golf Cabriolet for a while. I fucking love tiny cars. My girlfriend hates when I buy small cars because of the lack of legroom, but she also realizes that they're my cars and doesn't fuss about it.

>tfw she's into cars too and we wrench on our shitboxes together

Attached: 1506315605964.png (400x333, 91K)

Or find a girl that likes cars as well.

Technically you can do those things. People will form opinions based on it, but you can do them and enjoy them all the same.

> they might be a status symbol in our society.

like, duh.

>Do I have aspergers?
Quite possible. I see two options.

1. you really are (severely) autistic and just now figured out that cars might ("MIGHT", you're still kinda 50-50 on the possibility apparently) be a status symbol.
If you never noticed cars are a status symbol, then I wonder what had you ever noticed is used as status symbols?
either that, or you're being intentionally thick, which is worse.

2. you are being intentionally thick and are here merely looking for Anons to stroke your cock telling you how your way of driving what you like is the right way and you're a cool dude, while society and your ex are shallow cunts.

Attached: 20-duh-memes-youll-totally-find-funny[1].jpg (400x550, 42K)

drive your car and take care of it, but understand that if you're not getting a new model every 3 years you are unlikely to be happy in a relationship
that's why i'm still single, as much as anyone says otherwise your car is a status symbol, but I like my shitbox and I will probably never meet a "car girl" that actually likes cars and not just chad's new altima that he payed for with a loan
cars are cooler than girls anyway, same high-maintenance bullshit but cars dont set impossible expectations for you

Attached: 1519506478778.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Yeah sure it's ok. But you can't be bewildered when your GF breaks up with you.

What is a status symbol mr smart guy?

Anything physical is technically a status symbol. Your personal items tell a lot about your personality

>Mod the shit out of your golf
>Get a brand new golf gti

If that is in fact the case then how can there be a might about this for an autist?

Pretty much this

They're definitely a status symbol to most, but don't waste money on what other people think.

You might have aspergers for not realizing this until now, but don't bother changing your car if you like it.

Attached: shut your fucking face.jpg (620x335, 18K)

>2018
>caring about roastie thots opinion
Where do you live OP? Plenty of dutch physicians I know don't give a FUCK about their commuter, often ranging from a fiat 500 to a c1/107/aygo to a golf or passat. Their "fun" car tends to be actually fun. Example, my gf's dad who is a physician. He owns a 2011 911 turbo, a pretty old TT with the 3.2 quattro and a 535d GT. He actually commutes with a decked out R1200GS because fuck traffic

I drive a clapped out '93 prelude that has more issues than a molested 13 year old that self harms and I'm happily engaged to pretty much the greatest woman I've ever known, the best part is however much I love her, she loves me tenfold

You should buy a truck since women seem to love a man with a truck, no really there's a study on it!

Attached: download-3.jpg (275x183, 11K)

She was a gold digger senpai.

>I make six figures
>She says it doesn't fit my status

She wanted something expensive my dude, undoubtedly to get you used to spending your money and then to spend it on her. If nothing else she wanted the status.

dude, dentside fords are high test

I found one. She's a lesbian.

get a car you like.

girls like a guy with a manly hobby. so work on that car that you like.

>Do I have aspergers?
No, you're a faggot.
I have aspergers, make 100k, and am 6'. You make enough money that your life has value, so you should drive something that you don't have to struggle to get in/out of and will not doom you in a crash.
Your ex is a gold digging slut, do not listen to her and do not date people like her.

I read 'than a' as 'then I'.
Now I think you're a cuck in comparison.

Anyone have the pasta about how leftists assert that anything they don't like is liked as a form of projection because in reality leftists are ashamed of themselves and do so to feel a sense of artificial superiority? (or something along those lines)

I had the opposite experience
>meet gf in uni
>drove a 2003 Ford Mondeo, cheap and cheerful
>everyone liked it because it was big and comfy
>she liked it too
>her parents don't give a shit about cars, so long as it was safe they were happy
>graduate and get a good job
>2 years later
>buy used F10 M5 because I have always wanted one
>go to visit her and her parents
>they are all acting distant and passive aggressive
>wtf.png
>go to leave early because it is getting weird
>dad comes out with "good, I don't want that thing on my driveway"
>wut
>turns out her and her parents are angry because I bought a better car than her dad
>he drives a 320d and doesn't care about cars
>they all think I did it to spite them
>tried explaining that I have always wanted an M5 to her, no progress
>break up with her after a week of the silent treatment
>hear months later she has been bad mouthing me to her friends (who are my friends too) about "showing off"
So yeah, that went well. Went on a date with a girl last week and she didn't bat an eye at it, probably couldn't tell it apart from a 520d.

Attached: 1507814854206.jpg (360x347, 17K)

What the fuck

Attached: 1516911504816.jpg (572x403, 170K)

I was once riding in a friend's AMG with my girlfriend in the back and he made some dick comment about my car, asked if my gf liked it.
She said "mk4guy loves his car, and I love mk4guy, so I love his car."
>pic related
the right woman will treat you that way and not care about your status.

Attached: IMG_6065.jpg (600x338, 64K)

>F10 m5

You came out on top in the end. Good taste lad.

While we are on the topic, what is the most offensive car to women and normies that will piss as many people off as possible?

Any loud car

Straight piped RX7FD

>Spending thousands of dollars for an aesthetic upgrade (assuming the scenario is that where your shitbox runs fine) is equivalent to your woman no longing taking care of herself

Obviously 99% of relationships work on give and take yada yada. Any way it ends up going, I'm a young brat, I'd just drop her desu. If she honestly can't look beyond how people think about a car, she's not the one.

That's not even friend banter. He tried to shit on you in front of your girl, what was his deal?

Literally anything with 2 step or anti lag

Congrats, user!
Fpbp

Attached: EB3B0743-2852-48CA-AE7C-F77FA634744F.jpg (583x616, 44K)

Guy is kind of an asshole who only cares about money and possessions, she spent the next 3 hours telling me how much she hated him when we got home... and I agree. Haven't seen him since that day.

>drive 2000 jimmy
>trans out at 191k miles, always putting money in it
>new tires 4 months earlier!
>have new job, always wanted a tacoma
>buy used tacoma after jimmy tranny goes
>pull up to gf's work and tell her to go outside
>the look on her face when she seems my beautiful new truck, when she knows I worked hard and got what I wanted, when she is literally dripping from joy
>true love, anons. that look on her face makes me happier than the truck sometimes.