>2018
>STILL using rubber windshield wipers

There is literally no excuse!!

Attached: shooting self in foot.jpg (300x252, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0b2Efkrg3M8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what material should I be using

Attached: 1518907999833.png (483x371, 190K)

Mine work great, what's your problem with them?

Attached: Wiper-Blade_Latitude21-605x1024.png (605x1024, 255K)

Apparently silicone wipers are the hot new meme. I'm a gigapoorfag so im just sticking with regular ones for now since I want to replace all 3 at once and they're like $20 a pop for each blade

Water beads on my windscreen and front windows. My blades are fine.

>Silicone doesn't cost any more then a high-end rubber blade
>Lasts 100X longer

You are literally costing yourself more money but not going silicone.

I have $70 in my bank account right now, I wasn't lying. Buying one (1) wiper is already like 1/3 of that gone

It's called an investment, not saying you gotta run out and swap your blades right now but do it next time you need to replace them.

Youre not wrong and ill probably just buy silicone for the front two since I use those more often than the rear, but I live in an area that gets something like 10" of rain per year so I can stick with my current blades for another couple weeks

PROTIP: Wax your windshield

The rain-x latitudes I posted above lasted me about 2 years before they started slightly streaking a bit when most wipers last about 6 months here before splitting because of all the sun. You just gotta clean them with glass cleaner every so often, so many people replace way too early because they don't know to clean them.

Rain-x treatment has the same effect and is easier to apply. Same with Aquapel.

>spend years buying the $5 Supertech wipers every 4 months or so
>finally break down and fall for the expensive silicone wiper blade meme
>haven't changed them in 2 years and they still work perfectly

It's a metaphor for how the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

Also protip, don't use paste wax because it will fill up the small chips in a windshield and is more difficult to apply.

Use a good spray, it's extremely easy to apply so durability isn't that much of a concern

Yea but they cost a lot more, a little bit of wax costs pennies.

How are rainx/aquapel any easier to install? Its the same process.

>Buy cheapo rubber blades from walmart for 8 bucks
>streak within a week of purchase

>buy expensive super silicon blades for 40 dollars
>Streak about 6 months later

What the fuck am I doing wrong, anons? I clean the blades with microfiber cloths and always clean the area the blades park at. Are silicon blades just a meme?

Rain-x is literally a spray you wipe on, wax takes effort behind your strokes to work it in. Also the rain-x latitude blades and washer fluid apply it for you when you wipe the windshield.

Cheap wax isn't that effective, especially if that paste carnuba garbage.
Carnuba wax degrades if it gets hotter than 140°f, which a surface of a car can easily get

diamond

You don't buy them!
Take them off someone else's car and give them your old shitty ones.

Nothing wrong, youre just the only one being honest

>What the fuck am I doing wrong, anons?
Cheap rubber blades can last for years with minimal streaking. Mine have. The solution is to approach things like an engineer. What causes streaking?

Streaking results when the SHARP edge of the blade no longer has a firm contact. Most often that results from either wearing out the sharpness on a high-friction windshield or from physical objects scratching the sharp edge.

High-friction windshields result from either running the wipers dry on a dusty windshield or running the wipers wet/dry on a windshield that is coated with intermittent calcium deposits. As for physical objects scratching the sharp edge, that can be from gritty bird poop or using your wipers to slowly scrub off ice from the windshield while wiper fluid melts down the ice. The rough ice scratches the sharp edge and streaking can occur from that point.

If you want your blades to last longer without streaking, then don't do things that damage the sharp edge.

>You don't buy them!
>Take them off someone else's car and give them your old shitty ones.
That happens a lot on university parking lots. People quickly swap their streaky blades if they luckily park next to someone what has same length blades.

Attached: Thanks_for_the_free_new_tires.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>diamond
Poor environmental resistance.

I bought those and thought they were yellow so I drove around like that for a week until it rained, and then I realized...
Fuck I must've looked like a tard

I can't lie, I was mildly disappointed about 10 seconds after I opened one and figured out the blades weren't yellow.

I just ordered some silicone refills from china because im a cheapfag

You have to buff in rain x, otherwise it will streak horribly.

>wipers
youtube.com/watch?v=0b2Efkrg3M8

Attached: 1449087578439.jpg (350x250, 21K)

PROTIP: Waxing your windscreen will cause millions of tiny water beads to form as the wipers pass over it, leaving visible trails that will piss you the fuck off until you just wash the bastard thing down properly with washing up liquid and vinegar like you should have done in the first place.

My tree destroyes wipers in no more than six months so I buy whatever beam wipers are on sale. Once I move I'll probably care more.

I have these, was dissapointed they arent yellow, and they started skipping and leaving water in a certain spot after 1 month. Would not buy again

This.
>Not waxing/RainXing your windshield
>Not spraying wd40 on a rag and wiping the wiper blades with it to get the same effect as silicone

These are fuckign shit. I've gone through 2 pairs of these in 4 months after replacing them with a set I've had for 3 years.

Not that guy, but I've had good performance from mine. As in I don't do things that damage the blades. Once damaged, they streak. Quality silicone blades are harder to damage so they last longer. But their $30 per blade cost doesn't justify it to me.

Bro, I live in a third world country and even i have more money saved. What's happening?

No real loss to you although when people get their first car, it can be fun to overdo things like get small mods and things to make the care more unique. But when you get older, do you really want to be seen with coloured blades? It's too much like those ricers who want more color and so they paint their wiper arms. More is not always better.

>wd-40
>rubber

Attached: 1518024171725.jpg (1587x1587, 211K)

I mean, I painted my wiper arms, but in black because they were fading and showing silver through.

thank you holy shit

My wipers are made out of hand woven silk

I had problems with wipers failing constnatly so I took the end of a microfibre mat, put it on my hood and constructed a system that would detatch the windshield, slam it onto the hood and vibrate it there until it was clean, and then with the flick of another button it would return to its original place.

I have to drive with a full visored helmet on since as you can guess it does leak a bit during stronger rains and higher speeds.
I am currently looking to install windscreen wipers on my helmet but I havent found a good deal yet

Just got my Anco Contour wiper blades in the mail, $8 for each beam

>rockauto shipped them in this box
>the box could have easily fit everything else I ordered in it and not just wiper blades, or about 100 wiper blades
>the shipping probably cost them more than the wiper blade profit

Attached: IMG_20180314_144819_HHT.jpg (4000x2250, 2.05M)

>Not cumming on your windshield for low dollar, stinky tear-offs that double as a crunchy, tasty snack

Attached: tumblr_obpyaqr1Ee1suuf8io4_400.gif (320x244, 753K)

ANCO a massive fucking shit
>buy those same blades
>driver's side breaks apart within 3 months
>they started streaking a week after buying them

After all it is the strongest metal

>mfw this post gets double doubles
Can you please mock up a blueprint for me so I can do this too? Sounds like a really good idea and I will make sure to give you credit. Also, how many vibrators does it take to thoroughly dry it?

Attached: 198298729372.jpg (398x427, 50K)

buy bosch
use bosch
avoid chinkshit wipers

I support this

Attached: 1511527362671.jpg (1383x778, 323K)

A good tip i learned off an old trucker is to polish your windshield with silicone grease every few weeks, it repels rain right off at highway speeds and lets the wipers move freely about the screen, so no more noise or drag marks etc..

Keeps the blades in better shape too, mine are 2 years old now and still good.

>this
my bosch wipers got 2 yrs on them and still barely streaking.

>Bosch
>not overpriced garbage

Bosch is the Beats of the automotive parts world.

Except when the Bosch wipers came out best in test in 2015?

Attached: vindusvisker_forbrukertest_2[1].jpg (3527x2112, 1023K)

The euro Bosch wipers must be better, when I worked in auto parts I'd always have customers come back with Bosch wipers that broke or tore almost immediately, but not so with rain-x. Doesn't help that they were always the most expensive blades we sold too, so the customer would always be more pissed than if they were cheaper blades. Paying $22 for a wiper vs $16 for the rain-x latitudes, you'd expect them to be good.

>Bosch wipers that broke or tore almost immediately
They aren't counterfeit? There are cases of counterfeit goods of all kinds even for paper towels and other lower margin products like toothpaste. Their package labeling is printed up identically.

>my bosch wipers got 2 yrs on them and still barely streaking.
Yep, my previous car had the Bosch dual-rubber blades and they were quite durable. Instead of the blade being one single rubber, the wiping edge was made of a more durable rubber. So it lasted longer before it got worn enough to start streaking.

When my new car's blades get worn out, I'll replace them with Bosch also. They're about $20 per blade in my local retail store.

My Bosch Icons are going strong coming up on 2 years now, don't see the need to bother with anything else. I support companies that actually deliver high quality products with a reasonable price.

>rain-x latitude blades and washer fluid apply it for you
Rain-X washer fluid is not recommended for my car. The driver manual says that various types of water repellant additive washer fluids should not be used as it can coat the sensor and create inaccurate washer fluid level readings. Then a little red light will appear on the dash making every passenger think you are a cheapskate for not fixing your car. At night, a big red light on the dash stands out and every car around you will see that your car has a problem.

So take the bulb out for the light. I've only heard that about the orange rain-x, I only use the green summer blend.

when my brother got my shitbox to a guy that cleaned our cars he used some kind of shit on the windscree.
Result: on early humid, and maybe not even that humid mornings the shit got all fog on the outside trully shit thing.

I'd rather not put anything thank you.

wiper if fine

Attached: 44D7D6979A8C47908DEA562303CF93D653CBB7739B93539A03D266FD564666D24366C9439CD2C79C4326D2CCC68A039BC8C7 (1200x1200, 134K)

Sandpaper. duh

Yeah its not a good idea. I treated my blades with silicone lubricant once, the windshield fogged up really bad after every wipe for several weeks. It left a nice coat of water repellent on the windshield though.

Try replacing your wiper ARM
Springs lose their springyness over time, and then they don't press down hard enough

My car has this light. It only ever comes on when I do skids and the car is proper sideways

Tried bosche, didnt seem to last either. maybe im hard on them, but im cheep and i just bought napa next time because im not falling for the high priced wiper jews anymore

my protip you can shop for several wipers at once by putting your sizes in example

21 19 silicone windshield wipers

saves a tonna green

>Rubber or Silicone
You guys keep forgetting the alternative.

I gave up on wipers four years ago and after I have accepted the fact that windshield gets wet during rain, and that even the most decrepit wipers can wipe the snow and rain somewhat away.

That is if wiper motor is working at all

I buy SuperTech blades for $4 each and they work great. Unfortunately my windshield has a crack so the drivers side blade gets damaged early.

>living where it rains

Attached: 1497656458050.gif (300x300, 1.76M)

Dollarama sells rain-x latitudes for $3 per blade.

The catch is that the rain-x coating expires so when they expire they end up at dollarama.

lol i usually would have no idea what you were talking about but i just put rain-x latitude wipers on my mom's car earlier today