New 3DS game is called "Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/h17GNDa2
pastebin.com/WTggzfza
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik&list=RDA6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=r-JH9BuLYVg
youtube.com/watch?v=wiCa7QysRIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lewd.

blue board buddy

>that nude Frost
Jesus, cover him up
Kids are watching

Too lewd. This is a Law general OP

Oh my.

so we are posting lewd frosts now?

What happened to gambling minigames in megaten

I got a 3 day vacation last time I posted a lewd frost.

I wish Kaneko would come from the shadows and pull a Shigesato Itoi so we can put an end to any false hope of him ever coming back.

Dumped two more files:

pastebin.com/h17GNDa2
pastebin.com/WTggzfza

This concludes all story-related text in P1P, I think. I still need to dump demon conversions though.

Just get killed and samarecarm yourself.
I mean, it heals poison and you always get up to full speed

This is the Lord of the Demons.

Why do people want to fuck literally everything?

Why is this text so full of feels?

>"Fans will be glad just to hear you say it again"

T-this is a blue board, OP!

Itoi said in an interview that Mother 4 is our lives after having experienced the Mother Trilogy.

So that means WE are Kaneko.
We are the phallic rape monsters.

Damn, I just beat Strange Journey finally for the first time and while it may sound rash I think this may be one of, if not, my favorite game ever.

The good
>demon co-op is a fun sysytem that can't be as abused as press turn and makes the player consider the alignment as well.
>dungeons are great, their designs are pretty fun and they take on interesting themes that make them feel unique
>strong cast in the red sprite crew. Jimenez and Zelenin feel like some of the better chaos and law representatives. Gore and Arthur as the neutral representatives was also a cool choice instead of a heroine
>great soundtrack. Orchestra is a bit over done now but Meguro did something really interesting with it and made a imposing and militaristic sounding soundtrack
>pretty good difficulty that keeps you challenged
>ex missions and achievements add some good bonus content
>unique setting. The Scharzwelt is incredibly unique and unlike any setting before or since it's creation
>scenario is refreshing for a SMT game. Seeing a more global scale conflict makes you feel the conflict is more important
The bad
>passwords are a great system as they offer great reward but still come at a real cost
The bad
>some dungeons have annoying sections that feel way too much like simple trial and error, the teleporter maze in Eridanus comes to mind.
>some random difficulty spikes that can feel pretty insane. Things like Ouroboros, Maya, and Mem Aleph can be pretty insane for the expected level you are at
>to add to the above, this is probably the only SMT I played where grinding felt necessary for completion
>not being able to attribute stat points in the hero however you want is annoying and feels like a overall cripple in his abilities
>the three routes could of been a bit more varied. Things like law and neutral both having Mem Aleph as the final boss is disappointing
>the neutral ending feels a bit too optimistic overall. It should have shown more doubt in humanity's future

It's not rash, it's a great game. It sure is in my top 5 of all-time favorites.

It's okay.

Continuing because that post passed the limit.

I really haven't felt this strongly about a game in quite awhile. From beginning to end I was obsessed with it and would play for hours on end. Anyway I just wanted to leave that here. I would love to hear any thoughts from you guys regarding the game.

As the world's biggest motherfag I am genuinely happy that the series is over. Itoi is a bit older now so I think he's kind just enjoying life now. Nintendo has been kind of shitty with their IPs lately and I would die if mother ever became something like a shitty mobile game like FE. Itoi is a real inspiration to me, I'm glad he was able to make the games he wanted to the best of his ability. M2 and M3 went through bad development hell but he still delivered the best games he could and I really respect him for that.

>Jimenez and Zelenin feel like some of the better chaos and law representatives. Gore and Arthur as the neutral representatives was also a cool choice instead of a heroine.

SJ has one of the more extreme views on alignments, both literally brainwashing but in two flavors of "ecksties greatest hits" and delphinus (and mission control sending you with mkultra guns just for good measure) though.

It's my favourite game ever too bro, it really feels special and unique

I don't like this artist with a passion. Her shit all looks the same. Samey girls with nothing interesting all the time. This pic looks like Philia from Skullgirls in cosplay, just change the eyes and give her her funny hair.

I'm sure people would disagree with me but that extreme ideology fits SMT characters in my opinion. I feel like with mainline the cast should almost be "larger then life" as they represent extreme views. For this reason I find Walter and Johnathan kind of weak as we never really see good examples of them believing their ideology.

I want Argilla to whisper into my ear with her stuffy voice while Jinana scratches my back.

I didn't know the game had achievements

Welcome to the vast majority of art in general.

cute!

It's mentioned briefly in the introduction. It's kind of shitty as you are never alterted if you complete one.

I want to eat those buttons

I want that nude jack. Where can I get a nude Jack?

It is one of the raidhoo plushes but with the cloths removed.

Its different, though. The Raidou one has a black line between face and teeth.

I would totally befriend a Gui Xian. Such a cool guy in DDS.

Where is everyone? Partaking in Labor Day festivities?

Labour Day was back in May already though.

Shin Megami Tensei Featuring Sonic The Hedgehog from the Sonic The Hedgehog series & Knuckles when?

Um, Sonic doesn't have blue arms...

With a new SMT console game on the way are there any demons you hope to see get new designs?

For memost of the angels should be redesigned. The archangel, principalities, and powers are great designs but the others are pretty shitty.

I want old Dominion design

Which SMT guy likes buttsex the most??XDD

Change Dominion and Cherubim. Thrones also needs to look more like the description from the bible, much more alien looking.

you

The only SMT game I've played is SMT1, and I really liked the first person dungeon crawling. Will I like Persona 1?

Me.

Probably, yeah

Probably. Persona 1's dungeons are most of what make the game good, along with atmosphere.

Maybe, Persona 1 is pretty rough honestly.

For first person Strange Journey is king for sure, game is fantastic. However SMTII and Soul Hackers are also excellent first person dungeon crawler SMT games.

May I ask why SMTI first? A few years ago when I first tried SMT I tried SMTI and it was pretty brutal. I love the game now but as a first game it can be quite obtuse.

I just figured I should start with the first game. I didn't finish it though. IIRC, I got to the part where the MC comes back from that weird alternate dimension thing and the world is all fucked up from the nuke. And can I ask what you mean by Persona 1 being rough?

You barely scratched the surface of SMT 1

Forgot to mention my save file for that game got fucked up which is why I never finished. One day I'll get back to it. Probably. Maybe.

Oh hey I'm there too I'm getting my shit fucked
FUCK

Personally I just find Persona 1 kind of weak. I think it lacks the polish of many other SMT games in my opinion. Good but not great. Give it a shpt though if you're interested though.

I say try Soul Hackers. It has a good cyberpunk aesthetic, a deep negotiation system, and is quite short at only 30 hours.

The only rough part of Persona 1 is how long the combat animations take, which you can just speed through if you emulate it.

Playing this Gundam Versus beta. It's fun.

Is there a fast shortcut to the ship before mem aleph boss fight? im so fucking lost

there were elevators in previous floor if I remember right

I guess i gotta backtrack then.

>30 hours
Seriously? That seems pretty short for a JRPG of it's era.

On BF7 there is a elevator that takes you to F1. If you need to grind exp BF7 has a save point and healing station next to each which is helpful. If you want to grind macca kill the parakeet fuck for enigma clay. For forma on BF8 two of the special enemy spawns so what back and forth on that floor and just go up or down one of the staircases and pray to RNGesus for the 2% spawns.

It's pretty average. Not every game is Dragon Quest 7.

Yeah. For a saturn/ps1 era jrpg that is quite short. The 3ds version has the new content added in the ps1 version. If you play the game a second time some new events occur so there's that.

I think i need to grind everything so thats pretty helpful.

Chie is my waifu xD
But Mastma is sexier :^)

JK SMLosersT XD

If possible make the meteor dragoon, I personally feel it's the best gun in the game. One attack it does does heavy almighty damage to all enemies and combined with a save and healing point close by this makes grinding exp a breeze. A single enigma clay sells for 19,000 macca and the enemy that drops it has a high appearance rate so grind those. I went overborad and leveled myself to level 88. Level 80-83 should be good for Mem Aleph.

I just beat Minotaur. On Hard. At level 12. With Walter. What a fight, every Labrys Strike miss was asshole clenching.

Tyrone, you are but casual scum. Why don't you play a REAL Shin Megoomy Tensay game, like Nocturne or Strange Journey? Persona 4 is a casuals dating sim that panders to lonely waifufags. Visuals novels a shit. I'll be here fighting angels in the name of chaos while you cling to Chee. Can you even take on the armies of Y.H.V.H. and fight in the name of chaos? I bet you dream of holding Chee's hand instead of claiming the world in Lucifer's own glory. Do you even dungeon crawling? Try not to feel too bad but your objectively best waifu in the entire series is actually Louisa Ferre from Strange Journey and Chee is but a bacon and unpure girl compared to her. This is Rog signing out, and remember, Let's positive thinking.

Are the protags in SMT1 of drinking age?

Battle B1 is best B

Hey lads, just recently got a 3ds and SMTIV.

Just beat the minotaur boss and while I was really enjoying the soundtrack before, THAT FUCKING BOSS THEME just blew me away.

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik&list=RDA6cSbof7Pik

I don't think I've ever played a game where the OST hit a perfect 10/10 in the first couple of hours.

Please tell me it gets even better.

No, they're all high school age teenager. The only mainline with a adult protagonist is Strange Journey unless DSJ will tell me you're 18 and one of the best soldiers ever. The oldest protagonist with a known age is Flynn who is 18.

just wait till you get to tokyo and the overworld theme hits you

SMTIV has a pretty great soundtrack, the boss theme is a real highlight. The overworld theme is excellent, expect more great songs.

This your first SMT? SMTIV is a good starting point.

>This your first SMT?

Oh lord no. I'm loving all the little nods to previous songs from the series. Loved when nocturne did it too.

Huh, thanks

Also the Ashura-Kai authorized shop theme is fucking amazing

Will they reveal SMT DAN at the concert?

C2 > C3 > B2

youtube.com/watch?v=r-JH9BuLYVg
BRING MORE MACCA NEXT TIME

Wait till you reach Clubmilton

I like the midboss theme the most desu

TYRONE

Actually I guess Aleph is debatable. His appearance is that of a young man so I would say he might be more in the 18-21 range but a actual age is never given.
OH, A HUNTER!

Best character.

Isn't Aleph less than a year old?

Damn, I totally forgot that technically he is the youngest. I really need to replay SMTII.

>best isn't A2
Did you even play the game?

A3 the better one desu

Does anyone have a link for a high quality rip of IV's ost?

It's on rutracker my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=wiCa7QysRIk
Here you go my friend

thanks lad

Is SMT If... any good? I never really hear people talk about it.

I didn't like it, but I don't want to be too hard on it and damper anyone's expectations.