Buying this bad boy today, what should I look out for and what can I expect?

Buying this bad boy today, what should I look out for and what can I expect?

Attached: brz.jpg (1024x682, 128K)

you should expect a slow but fun drift car

look out for cucks passing you in faster cars, they just don't get it

>2003 Toyota Celica 1.8
>190bhp

2018 Toyota GT86 2.0
>190bph

What went wrong?

Cool, I'm buying a 2015 and it says it got an updated suspension that year, know anything about what changed from 2014 to 2015?

expect lots of minivans to overtake u

>new car is like old cars
>people who like cars liked cars before they got bad and not fun to drive
sounds like nothing went wrong

Look forward to not being able to keep up with something like Hyundai Sonata

Attached: 1346821631429.jpg (749x405, 66K)

Look forward to fun. Do you wanna do hard turns and go fast under the speedlimit? Get fat wheels and nice tyres. Want skidding and sliding? Get decent tyres on decent wheels.

Want to go faster? Too bad homie, you cant get more than 40 whp extra through mods NA. Shit will look good though. It’s really a car for a carlover and those who enjoy driving.

t. Never had an FT86

DUDE GET A TURBO

>What went wrong
toyota put a fucking boxer in it like the cucks they are because they were too scared to make a good car on their own.

Damn OP, honestly jelly. One of the best cars of the last 10 yrs. Hope you treat her well and put her through hell in the twisties.
[spoiler]if I pass you in my shitbox it's out of love, I know you are probably having more fun anyways.[/spoiler]

Attached: 1514527122194.png (512x512, 105K)

>comparing a toyota with a subaru

pretty good car that is only held back by its drivers cornering ability on the track.

Had my 86 since October. Itstill runs great between my commuting and 5 canyon runs so far, so it’s doing its job.

Have fun OP. By the way, you’d also get better feedback if you gave info for what you’d be using it for.

The car is coming with Michelin Pilot Sport or Super Sport idk but the previous owner didn't modify it besides that I don't think, it's the fully loaded trim so I will have some comforts like heated seats. I want to get some nice tires once I use up these pilot sports and use the stock wheels for winter, and get a fat set for the summer, I like Volk TE37s. I also want to supercharge the car, and make a reliable 250-275 or maybe 350 with a new tranny and clutch.
Definitely. I want to keep it forever maybe but I want to buy a GTR R35 next year, and make this my daily perhaps.
I want to use it for commuting to school and back (100 miles daily, 3-4 x a week) but I also run an Instagram business and I want to use it to grow my brand, so make it somewhat of a show car with cool parts and such, and still make it usable for a daily.

op its really just this:

people who hate the car:

>have a negative connotation associated towards toyota
>have a Need for Speed
>would rather install mods than swap engines

People who love the car:

>appreciate it for being fun, rather than fast
>think that it is an exception to the modern car
>knows it shows that Toyota still knows how to make fun, cheap cars

if you want fun, you found it

if you want speed, have fun buying a 2JZ or something of the like to swap it

gonna be honest b, it's a perfect student daily

enjoy the guys gawking at you, and a very minimal but existent amount of pussy

>I also want to supercharge the car, and make a reliable 50-275 or maybe 350

So you're going to daily it with water/meth or e85? Because you can't reliably boost these cars and daily them on 93 for very long with that fuck huge compression ratio.

>I also want to supercharge the car
Then this is a poor choice if you want to daily it. You don't add a supercharger or other engine mods and have a car still be a DD. I mean you could still daily it, but the reliability of that car is going to go down the drain.

>driving it 100 miles every day with a fucking supercharger installed
Oh boy

>knows it shows that Toyota still knows how to make fun, cheap cars
The gt86 isn't cheap lmao.
Shame it's the "worst" car in its price class.

You need a btter job, flipping burgers won't cut it

Tbh i love my frs, it's fun as hell to drive, and it drifts like a dream.

Attached: 20180222_113235.jpg (4032x1960, 3.27M)

Why would you buy a new car without doing research on it first to find out about things like:
-what to look out for
-what to expect

It can get over 100 it's fast enough for regular people who want to live

Comfy color my dude, I was going to go for an FRS since it's cheaper but then I realized no heated seats...
Existent is good, wew lad, and I'll give all the guys revs as I cruise by
E85 is available here in a few stations, so that's doable but a reliable 250-275 is very easy with an Edelbrock kit which has been proven in the community, it's only when you start pushing 350+ that you need to do a lot more to keep the power usable and not destroy your tranny for example with more than 200, 250 tq.
Only want the car to last me a year as a daily, then I'll buy a different car for a daily or to use together, like a R35 or maybe GS-F, something like that
All highway, should be fine
I am buying it used and I have done so but I prefer anons' meme answers, gives me a different perspective
That's good enough for me

Not OP, but why exactly is it bad to have a supercharged car that you daily drive?

No shit tho I drove a v6 minivan and it was hilarious after living with my old man 4 cyl tacoma

Toyota Siennas with the V6 and AWD are surprisingly capable for minivans. the 2008 model my mom had was more powerful than the Mustang i had at the time.

It's not the forced induction part that sucks for a daily. It's when you add forced induction to an engine with already high compression forcing you to use race fuel just to drive your daily.

This.

What do you guys think about a carbon fiber spoiler (not a wing just the small lip) on a charcoal grey FRS? I'm on the fence about this because I want my car too look sort of classy like a performance BMW not like a ricer.

Also installing Valenti headlights and taillights.

Neither does games tech at D&B apparently

If the engine doesn't have a high compression, you could daily a supercharged car then? I ask this because I see people daily drive cars like a Hellcat and they have very little problems, but then a tune shop installs a supercharger and the engine blows two years later while using it as a daily.

There is a pretty big difference between a factory installed supercharger and a third party installer.

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the brz ts? This thread got me looking at local dealers and there's one nearby. Surprising since there's only 500 made

Attached: 2018_subaru_brz_ts_sti.jpg (696x409, 31K)

If you aren't used to manuals you'll think you're the slow one, but then as you get better you'll realize the minivans and crossovers actually are faster unless you really rev it up. I hope you love the sound of a flat 4.

if i were decently wealthy I'd buy one and strap the warrantied edlebrock supercharger onto one.

SHIT CAR FOR SHIT PEOPLE T B H

You can a brand new mustang gt for like the same price.

I think it looks nice and subtle enough. Plus it’s probably got pretty good balanced setup coming from the factory.

>R35
>GFS
Wait I thought you were commuting to school? How are you able to afford these? Sorry if you already mentioned I've just been skimming.

>what can I expect?
boredom

you can expect an extreme lack of power, especially for the money

expect to be buying cheap tires on the frequent

The base versions are sort of worth it, higher trims and special editions cost too much for what they are. Maybe if you can get a discount on it.

It would throw the weight balance off, and totally ruin the handling

If you wanted it to look classy you should have taken black

How quiet it is.

You could put a baby to sleep with that soft exhaust note.