The Crown Vic is a bad car. Prove me wrong

The Crown Vic is a bad car. Prove me wrong.

Attached: images (1).jpg (321x157, 8K)

you have the burden of proof on you user, give us reasons why

>t. Tyrone who had to sit on a plastic back seat on the way to the station

Drives like shit and it isn't reliable

Is that why they're fucking uncountable in fleets all across North America?

Nah. Ferd hit gold

>I have never driven a Crown Vic: the post

>rwd
>v8
>body on frame
>reliable
>nearly indestructible
>cheap to buy and maintain

Mind enlightening us on how it's a bad car?

Just can't say x car is bad without giving a reason why...

They can easily reach 300,000 miles and still run strong with cheap and minimal maintenance.

Looks like a retarded cressida

Attached: Snapchat-1196310811.jpg (720x1280, 398K)

>V8 makes less power than fucking inline 4’s
I would’ve left that out if I were you

The rest is all true though, they make a good beater if you can get past the cop larping autist stigma

>says vehicle is bad
>won’t reply to people saying otherwise and won’t back up his statement
>mfw

Attached: image.jpg (419x610, 224K)

Cars are 'bad' and 'good' at specific tasks. As far as the industrial uses of the Panther platform go, the undisputed reliability and hauling capacity certainly served them well.

I don't have to "prove" your expectations from a vehicle wrong. You can like what you like.

>police units and cab companies used them for decades because they were unreliable

V8s make Torque, retard.

have the mecury version
super comfortable like riding a sofa around
slow as dog shit in higher gears really opens up in 1st and 2nd
pretty good on gas for a v8
ford didnt do a good job with the ball joints tho

Attached: 2001_mercury_grand_marquis_ls-pic-49472-1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 579K)

>less power
A Crown Vic will have a way easier time carrying four people and a full trunk than a Civic will. Torks > powahhhh when it comes to barges.

So why the fuck would you buy a crown vic instead of something with a diesel engine, retard?
>265 lb ft of torque, 49 hp/l
Nah it’s inexcusable, it’s a shit engine get the fuck over it.

Well that is true but the fact that it produces such little power with 4.6l of displacement is kind of hard to overlook.

>Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

>Prove me wrong.
p71 owner checking in; 14mpg city, 0-60 8 seconds,
transmission that just shifts passive aggressively, it's a shitbox. But; 120mph easy; fuckhuge breaks, reliable engine, cheap parts, tows more than most small trucks; goodshitbox for

>So why the fuck would you buy a crown vic instead of something with a diesel engine, retard?
Probably because you don't want a diesel engine? Diesel isn't that popular in the 'states other than xbox-hueg pickups.

>Well that is true but the fact that it produces such little power with 4.6l of displacement is kind of hard to overlook.
What is detuning for $500, Alex? Ford used the 4.6- even just the 2-valve variant- in basically everything that needed a V8 at one point or another: Panthers, Mustangs, Thunderbirds, F-150s, Econolines, Exploders. Panther bodies are/were primarily used as fleet cars and average people-carriers and had no reason to have a really hopped-up engine. so they got a lower-powered version of the Modular (which still got some performance upgrades over the years, like the PI heads in '01) because frankly, it doesn't need anything more. It has enough power to comfortably get the car up to highway speed in a short amount of time carrying six passengers and all their shit, and a V6 would be more gas-friendly but likely wouldn't have the grunt to consistently move a 4,100 lb, RWD barge in a reasonable manner.

Also, here in 'murrika, the 4.6 (281) isn't even that big of an engine. It's pretty far on the small end of the scale of domestic V8s.

I mean, from the standpoint of engine longevity it makes sense, but with 4.6l displacement don’t you think it should make at least 300 lb ft? I know that’s not a huge engine but for example, the e39 540i makes 324 lb ft of torque with 4.4l displacement. I guess they really only cared about keeping the engine as low-strung as possible.

I mean, it always bugged me that police interceptors are so slow, but I suppose that’s because law enforcement relies more on brute force and team coordination than pure speed. It just bugs me that it drinks so much gas for such little torque when you could simply get a diesel truck that is way more economical and produces much, much more torque. Different strokes I suppose.

A 540i has a higher compression ratio as well as requiring premium gas and being a more intricate, high-strung engine. The #1 thing for the Mod 4.6 is longevity, bar none. It needed to be able to run practically forever with regular (and possibly extra-shitty, depending on season and location) gas, minimum upkeep, and still have enough oomph to haul a two-ton boat around, and that's exactly what they designed it to do, bar a few stupid choices on the exterior of the engine like plastic intake manifolds and timing chain guides. Keep in mind also that the Crown Vic 4.6 is only two valves per cylinder, single overhead cam- later versions of the 4.6 included the Mustang's 3v, and the 4v DOHC that wound up in various Lincolns, Mustangs and the Marauder, and made considerably more power. The Panther never received those (other than the Marauder) because again, it just wasn't necessary.

>I mean, it always bugged me that police interceptors are so slow, but I suppose that’s because law enforcement relies more on brute force and team coordination than pure speed.
Got it in one. What they say about not outrunning a Motorola is generally true. That's not to say there haven't been fast police cars over the years- boomers will still tell you legends about the old 440 Mopars with gumball lights on the roof that would bring any late-night drag race to a halt right quick, and GM's LT1-powered Caprice 9C1 of the 90's would still blow the doors off any Panther made since, but as communication technology improved and equipment became heavier and more numerous, the primary job of a police car is carrying usually two officers and all their shit without squeezing them into a tin can. Have you been inside the front of a Taurus interceptor? Much faster, but if you drop something on the floor, you're not picking it up until you get out. Shit's ridiculous. That's why you see most areas running primarily Explorers and Tahoes now- there just isn't enough space in the sedans.

(You)

autistic as fuck
>and this is coming from an Veeky Forumstist

It's called a detuned engine
They last longer than your inline poor shit box

>he doesn't have one specific model/platform of car he can have autismal discussions for hours on end about

Attached: 553e33f678488_jamesmay[2].jpg (620x417, 52K)