Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this in anything but a track car

Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this in anything but a track car..
Cars like the s2k, miata, MR-S and FR-S allow you to have fun within legal limits, or slightly above within reasonable bounds.

In a 5.0 mustang, you're exceeding the legal speed limit in any state within 5 or 6 seconds seconds, and you CANT ring the car out or drive it to its full potential on the road. You will always be limited and forced to take risks with your license and wallet if you try to push a faster car on the street.

>tl;dr driving slow cars fast is better than driving fast cars fast and going to jail

Attached: s2k.jpg (900x549, 77K)

>Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this in anything but a track car..
It's impractical as a family car.

>need
SHALL

Poorfags always try to justify their slow cars with the "muh twisties" argument. Own a fast car that also handles well and you'd know, user

So is a mustang
This has nothing to do with poorfag or richfag status. The same thing is true of a boxster or cayman. They're not particularly fast but extremely well handling

Who fucking cares

fuck out of my thread or better yet, get the fuck off my board if you dont care. im here to shitpost about cars

A mustang has rear seats for capsules and booster seats.

>Own a fast car that also handles well and you'd know, user
In a fast car that handles well you're putting yourself and other drivers at risk if you push it on the street.
its rear seating arrangement is near identical to an frs, and its just as uncomfortable for adults

This comment confuses me. What car do you feel is better than the S2k that is faster and handles better in the same price range? Or are you comparing Ferrari's to mopeds?

What is cramped and uncomfortable for adults isn't for children, and both the Mustang and FRS are capable of having children in the rear seats, something which an S2000 lacks.

>need

Attached: 1473885724063.jpg (1920x1541, 145K)

Ok, well if you need rear seats you can buy an frs. you dont need a mustang.
so you agree then

>You will always be limited and forced to take risks with your license and wallet if you try to push a faster car on the street.
No matter what car you drive, if you are flooring it, whipping around corners, and "having fun," then you are breaking the law. All cars are meant to go from A to B safely. The only reason we have sports cars and cars that look cool on a design stand point is because the automakers make the laws of the road and know that looks and performance matter to people, even if it doesn't for practicality purposes. Even a honda Fit can exceed a speed limit and bomb around mountain roads if you push it (hard).

You're the one who mentioned a mustang initially. It's not my preference. But there you go, a reason to have a different car to an S2K.

>i hab no power but i hab muh handling
>muh jappanu cars handle better than u amerifat domesticunts, i'd smoke u on a track lol

This is literally a meme that powerful domestics can't handle. It used to be true in the 50s and 60s but now it's just an excuse for armchair drivers to rationalize the fact that they over-payed for a slow meme car that never even sees a track anyways

Attached: 1506130490304s.jpg (238x250, 7K)

>/auto/
>who cares

Attached: 122.png (398x307, 189K)

>allow you to have fun

There's no fun to be had driving on public roads. The only sensible option is to have a practical DD and a track car to go nuts.

Those dumb "sports cars" allow neither of both.

Because amerifats don't know what corners are, they just used perfectly straight roads like the ancient Romans did.

Tomorrow I'm ordering a Mustang GT. It'll be my comfy (magneride) daily driver as well as a weekend fun car once it's finished the break-in baby-it period. I plan on taking it to tracks, the occasional autocross, and - most importantly - S/o/Cal meetups and carve up some canyons.

It's not just about top speed and breaking the speed limit OP, powerful cars are about the feeling you get when driving them. If you can't understand that, then you cannot call yourself an aut/o/ enthusiast.

Attached: b4f[1].jpg (600x451, 24K)

i mostly have an issue with need being a consideration

I don't have to buy cars because i need them i buy them because I want them. If you look at cars from a purely need based perspective then you don't need anything more than a Mitsubishi Mirage

But this thread isnt about the s2k specifically, so i dont really see what your point is.
This doesnt refute anything i said in the op
Who said domestics couldnt handle? I certainly didnt. Is this some Freudian projection? are you feeling ashamed of something?

seems to be an abundant lack of reading comprehension going on here
this is wrong
live somewhere that has good roads
Ive been in fast cars and i know what they're about. The reason i mentioned the 5.0 specifically is because its car that ive spent a fair amount of time in. Despite the feeling i get breaking the tires loose in 4th gear, I dont want one. Case and point being, i can easily get my license suspended or revoked without even trying, and the temptation will always be there
with that said, enjoy your purchase user

literally:

Attached: 1501967990187s.jpg (119x125, 4K)

The only need im considering in this is the need to have fun.
You're really not having fun in a mustang cornering at 40mph, and any meaningful application of the throttle means you're kicking the back end out, especially if you plan on ringing out the rpms like you can in an s2k or mr2.

Granted there are many other cars I could be using as an example, ive just had the most seat time in a mustang. Ive driven most of the cars ive mentioned in this thread, so im not just talking out of my ass.
you're probably right
as an american I live near some good roads that arent straight or flat
i do understand why so many fast cars are in states like texas in colodaro though; its because there's fuck all to do other than drive in a flat straight line

>Despite the feeling i get breaking the tires loose in 4th gear, I dont want one. Case and point being, i can easily get my license suspended or revoked without even trying, and the temptation will always be there
>with that said, enjoy your purchase user
Fair enough, and thank you I certainly will.

I agree with you that driving a "slow car" quickly and technically is more rewarding than driving a "fast car" slowly and lazily. Have you considered the fact that you can drive a faster car with the same skill and technicality as you would in a slower car, and the car would have more to offer you as a driver?

I mean there comes a time when you as a driver eclipse the capabilities of lesser performing cars and want something greater - something that can further elevate your driving experience.

Then again there's the typical Mustang owner who just graduated high school or college and has no experience with driving performance vehicles and ends up wrapped around a light post or careening off the road into a crowd at a car meet. Those individuals should have the cars you mentioned OP. Cars like the BRZ, Honda S2000, etc are much more forgiving for newer drivers OR those who demand less from their vehicles.

Well, the S2k, Miata, and MR-S are two seaters and a no-go when it comes to a family vehicle.
The BRZ is suitable enough, but there's a wider variety of options for four seater sports cars than two seaters.

I enjoy driving my slow car slow. it means I get to bask in the envious looks of """boy racers""" driving around in their 6 owner, base spec civics, accords and miatas.

Attached: IMG_20180315_111120.jpg (5312x2988, 365K)

>Have you considered the fact that you can drive a faster car with the same skill and technicality as you would in a slower car, and the car would have more to offer you as a driver?
I have, and I believe any car like that should mostly stick to the track.
Look at it this way, if you're at the point at which you've successfully pushed the limits of an s2k or mrs on a public road and feel you need more, you need to go to the track anyway. You're putting your livelihood as well as your safety at risk.

If you want to take risks being arrested or having your license revoked for doubling or tripling the speed limit, thats all you. I definitely see the appeal of an 800hp mustang or an insanely built s2k, but I would only ever consider driving it to a show or track day. 350 wheel is what I would consider the reasonable limit in any street car.

agreed OP,

power is just a crutch for bad drivers who don't have the skill to drive fast.

it's also why those cars like mustangs are mostly autos, when you're already using such a huge engine as a crutch why bother with shifting

t. mr-s driver

You could look at this as more of a 'boyracer' category. I obviously understand that people are going to have practicality needs that exceed what a 2 seat roadster can deliver, but in terms of power and performance, i cant see someone justifying the need for anything more

my nigga
i plan on buying an mr2 soon

does the super stiff suspension not bother you after a while? i found it pretty jarring on my first few drives

this is another car ive been considering. is yours the manual swapped one?

I totally get that point of view, but respectfully disagree. While you are right that the car (Mustang GT in this case) cannot completely let loose and deliver its full potential on any public road, there are other reasons to have a more powerful car.
1: You can feel the added power without trying to drift around every corner and obtain top speed on every strait. You can feel the power simply climbing a mountain road on the touge and passing a truck who's slowing everyone down. If you have the power, you can pass where other cars would struggle. That's just one example.
2: You can have one car that serves as both a daily driver and a track toy. If you have a dedicated track car and a dedicated commuting car, then you need a truck or hire a service to get your track car to the actual track, not to mention the added DMV fees and insurance rates of having two separate vehicles.
3: This point is subjective, but if you have one multipurpose car instead of separate cars for separate things, you'll form a much stronger bond or attachment to that car and care for it much more than you would otherwise.

Honestly, I see performance cars as kind of pointless unless you've got money. In which case, you should have a garage full of a variety of different cars. That's our plan.

>live somewhere that has good roads

The roads aren't the problem. The problem are speed cameras, cops, and the rest of fools on public roads. When you and your little convertible get smashed into by Stacy and her 3 ton SUV, the only lightweight vehicle you'll be driving is a wheelchair.

Going bananas on public roads is either for dumb teens that don't know better, or for idiots that want to end up in prison, disabled, or as organ donors.

na. I'm keeping mine auto. like god intended.
but if you want any kind of speed then the sc isn't for you. specially the 400. the doors alone weigh 74kg each.

Attached: IMG_20180315_112241.jpg (5312x2988, 1.6M)

Idk it's not that terrible for what it is.
What model mr2 did you drive?

You make fair points and I will concede them. I see the appeal of having a car that can 'do it all' so to speak. However, if we're talking in terms of how you can actually drive the car, you're never going to be as fulfilled driving a 5.0 on the street as you would with a miata WITHOUT taking serious risks with your license, your safety, and the lives of others.
I dont know about you but the mountains of pennsylvania are perfect for this sort of thing, especially at night.

Im not looking for speed. Im looking for an enjoyable driving experience.

The only other car im considering in opposition to the sc400 is an mr2 spyder. An sc will get a manual swap and boltons. Spyder will get either a 2zz swap and a 6 speed or a turbo 1zz. You can try to square that circle if you want, but those are the only cars im considering
2003 spyder, with a 5 speed if i recall.

You can always upgrade the suspension but it's never going to be super comfy

if you take it to autocross will it be upsetting to see it get btfo by the cars OP talks about

While obviously people can get away with what they like while not being observed by the constabulary, most road fatalities are caused by speed and it does not take a large increase speed to rapidly increase the likelihood of your untimely demise.

So even if it's not a case of how much power you "need" per se, it's merely "strongly advisable" to buy a car where you really need to wind it out to get it to move if you want to use the public highways without the risk of death.

Attached: waifu.jpg (577x798, 207K)

165Ks on a 94 isn't bad at all.

I'm not going to autocross to win any championships. I go because it's fun, the people there are usually really cool, and it's a great way to spend a weekend and gawk at other cool cars.

If I was really serious about it I could make the mustang into an autocross king, but that would require a lot of money, time, and desire to do so. Basically I just go for the good time.

Most people with fast cars do autocross and track days homie. Sorry to hear you're so poor you dont

Attached: IMG_20180314_174157_01.jpg (1944x2592, 1.12M)

Attached: 2slow4u.png (830x974, 258K)

Take notice all of the late model porches

Attached: MVIMG_20180121_100433.jpg (2592x1944, 761K)

You can do autocross and track days in literally any car, it does not require wealth

NOT

this meme is wrong because i dont drag race on the street, because im not a faggot boyracer that likes to put other people in danger

And Corvettes of course

Attached: MVIMG_20180121_100600.jpg (2592x1944, 850K)

> ring the car out

It's wring.

Attached: 00n0n_eOc5bBco6lb_1200x900.jpg (1200x720, 96K)

And you can bet 99% of these cars over 30k msrp are not being pushed to their limits on the street, and instead being pushed on the track where it can be done safely and legally
you're right

Merge speed, for one. It takes me a lot less effort and engine strain to get my Challenger up to highway speeds. I can very rapidly overtake other people in traffic, as well.

I also prefer the size. I'm eminently more noticeable on the road which is a huge benefit when most of the vehicles being driven right now are crossovers, SUVs, and Trucks.

Lastly, my car is a lot more practical. I can and have driven long distances with four additional passengers and a large amount of luggage in the trunk without discomfort. I've also packed my entire life into the car and moved across the state.

You can whinge about how you don't NEED a certain car all you want. Technically, a car isn't a necessity. I'm just not a poorfag and got a half decent daily driver with a big V8.

OP said
>Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this

ONE reason is because you will get smoked in autocross by a porsche gt4 because it isn't as fast and doesn't handle as well

Attached: IMG_20180314_174629_01.jpg (2592x1944, 881K)

Can I ask why you have to go to an autocross to compete with other cars rather than just trying to improve your own times?

Not OP btw

Attached: Fred.png (843x842, 228K)

What year and package of Challenger do you have? I'm curious about them.

>Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this in anything but a track car..
>ONE reason is because you will get smoked in autocross by a porsche gt4 because it isn't as fast and doesn't handle as well

damn bro you really showed me, guess i better pack my bags and kill myself

So get a WRX.

What about a Charger Hellcat?

autocross is inexpensive to enter and allows you to push your car to its limits safely.
other people do it so they can improve their skills as drivers, and in doing so they compete against themselves and others
not everyone does it for lap times, i assume

We have one.

So you can go from 0-license revoked in 5 seconds flat?

literally just proved the meme right. You're buttblasted because you CAN'T, even if you wanted to, so you gotta resort to derogatory name calling lest someone make fun of your $20k econobox

Attached: 1501884917535-1.png (287x129, 43K)

>cant make arguments so he needs to post memes
still waiting for you to prove me wrong

The thing is, I wont go to jail

Because I'm not an idiot that speed in a known trap area.

I've never owned a car with an engine smaller than a 4.6L Modular V8. Every car I've ever owned has had a V8 with torque and power for days. I don't even have a parking ticket to my name, let alone a moving vehicle violation. I'm 25 years old.

You can't tell me that if you're driving a powerful car YOU WILL get a speeding ticket or revoked license, because that just isn't accurate.

hit up merrium webster for practicality..

u literal autistic child

>ITT poor people rationalize their shitbox

You say that like its impossible to be caught speeding anywhere other than trap zones
Nowhere in the op was practicality even mentioned as a factor. I assume you have enough brain cells to deduce that if you need a family oriented vehicle for 4 doors, you're going to have to buy one
Congratulations user, but I dont care about your anecdotes

>not owning both
shut the fuck up, OP

Attached: DSC03218cen.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

>new edge
>fast

Attached: 1499407714029.jpg (345x383, 47K)

Who said you couldnt own both? You can own whatever you want, but if you're going to be doing any limit-pushing in that mustang, it better be on the track

you're a bitch

Also never in the op did i say you WOULD definitely absolutely 100% get a ticket or a revoked license.
I said you CANT get anywhere near the limits of a faster car without risking your safety and your license, and as put it, above a certain speed your risk of death in the event of a crash goes up exponentially, as does the severity of consequences for speeding and reckless driving
fuck you

wew

I bet you don't even track your cars. Pussy ass motherfucker.

Attached: 33_MyhreCreative_Turn2_03res.jpg (1500x1000, 727K)

2012 R/T. I've owned it for a little over five years and have daily driven it the entire time. Been an extremely reliable, practical, and fun car since I first got behind the wheel.

you sound like a bitch

you sound like a faggot that risks the safety of other drivers on the road
i do, part of the reason why i made this thread

>you sound like a faggot that risks the safety of other drivers on the road
lel fag

do you even know what risk management is. how much of a deluded, no life, cherry picking soyboy KEK do you have to be to think you're the authority on what, when or how other people enjoy their own cars?

>Merge speed, for one. It takes me a lot less effort and engine strain to get my Challenger up to highway speeds.
Who cares about "strain?"
I redline my S2k a few dozen times a day, and it doesn't care.
And I walk away from R/T Challengers from at literally any speed.
I'm sure you like it. I've driven one, and I thought it was fun... That, and it sounds miles better than other domestic v8's.
>Give me ONE reason why you need more car than this
Because I can drive my S2000 at the limit comfortably and I want more.
>allow you to have fun within legal limits, or slightly above within reasonable bounds.
Driving an S2000 at the limit is WAY outside of "legal limits" no matter where you are.
>you CANT ring the car out or drive it to its full potential on the road.
Buy a good radar detector and good brakes then. I drive triple digits on the interstate and double the speed limit most everywhere else.
>You will always be limited and forced to take risks with your license and wallet
No you won't.
I totaled a car drifting on the street when I was young, spun a bullshit story, and walked with no ticket and nothing out of pocket. Insurance didn't even go up because accident forgiveness (they cut me a check for 80% of the NADA retail and I lost the car). No injuries or risk to anyone either because I picked my location and timing to practice...

Attached: screen-shot-2017-05-13-at-5-09-32-pm.png (1280x790, 501K)

>risk management
Deliberately risking the safety of yourself and other drivers on public roads makes you a piece of shit and there's no getting around it.

What if there's nobody else on the road and you can see for certain that there are no cars around you?

C H E R R Y P I C K I N G

Who wants to guess which one is more fun

BE

sounds like you hate fun

>Because I can drive my S2000 at the limit comfortably and I want more.
So take it to the track
>Driving an S2000 at the limit is WAY outside of "legal limits" no matter where you are.
Driving almost any car AT the limit is illegal wherever you go, but again, you can have more fun within the limit or slightly outside of it in an s2k over the 5.0
>Buy a good radar detector and good brakes then. I drive triple digits on the interstate and double the speed limit most everywhere else.
You're a piece of shit and should have your license revoked.
>No you won't.
Yes you will. You're breaking the law.
>I totaled a car drifting on the street when I was young, spun a bullshit story, and walked with no ticket and nothing out of pocket. Insurance didn't even go up because accident forgiveness (they cut me a check for 80% of the NADA retail and I lost the car).

Why do people think all of these anecdotes mean its ok to drive like a boy racer on public roads?
You have literally no excuse. Keep it on that track
You can have fun on public roads without risking for safety, and if you're an adrenaline junky you can keep it on the track

>You can have fun on public roads without risking for safety, and if you're an adrenaline junky you can keep it on the track
i bet your the fun guy in your group

I am the most fun guy in my group

i hope you get slammed by a texting stacy in your shitbox op

Me too, that way I can collect insurance money, keep the shitbox and pocket the cash

>implying you wont die

i hope i wont, but if i do then i guess it doesn't matter

>I am the most fun guy in my group
you got some boring ass friends

You havent met my friends

>You havent met my friends
i can tell by you that theyre boring

Tell me more about how you're psychologically analyzing a shitposter on a mandarin crocheting forum

you just dont like anything thats a little risky