I just want a cheap car that I don't need to bring to the mechanic every 6 months. I don't care if it looks old...

I just want a cheap car that I don't need to bring to the mechanic every 6 months. I don't care if it looks old, is slow or isn't comfortable or some shit only homosexuals and wops care about.

I don't know anything about repairing cars myself and I'm not interested either.

What car should I get?

Attached: 200912300040490ad.jpg (640x390, 59K)

P71 Police Interceptor

Junk yards are riddled with them, police auctions have them, easy to work on as a V8 truck

Toyota corolla and fuck off

>easy to work on as a V8 truck
But I don't want to work on it. I can't fix anything for shit and I don't have the time to learn.

I just want a cheap shitbox that doesn't break.

What year

>I just want a cheap shitbox that doesn't break.
Get the cheapest lease you can find
Use Leasehackr to help you
Cycle the leases out at the end of the lease periods
Enjoy permanent warranty coverage and never pay out of pocket for any repairs ever
No jew trickery with the warranty either because the manufacturer still owns your leased shitbox and they keep it fucking fixed.
Cheaper and more predictable than owning a shitbox for someone with no mechanical knowledge or aptitude.

Attached: 1355435448.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

I didn't have to work on mine for 2 years. But if something does happen it's easy to fix

1st gen Mazda 3 hatch

A Honda Civic. It doesn't have to be $3k

I had a friend who owned one of these but he was a lot into DIY stuff and worked as a car tower.

Is it really reliable and cost efficient, including fuel consumption?

>all of the AUDM models

Any car is going to need at least an oil change and inspection every 6 months. I do it myself, but I suspect you would have to take it to a shop. Unless you don't love your car. You do love your car, don't you?

Nog depends on your driving. Lots of highway? You might get above 20. More city? Probably 17-19

>You do love your car, don't you?
Car insurance is too expansive to make me anything but bitter. Also I really can't get myself to care about cars which is why I want the cheapest possible crap that doesn't require me to front 2000$ in maintenance every year defeating the purpose of buying a cheap car in the first place.

Kilometers/Miles? Litters/Gallons?

i can vouch for the 95 maxima
bout a year ago i paid 1.3k for an ex fleet one with 250,000km.
had nothing but oil and other consumables replaced.
about 304,000km now and still running good.
all you need to keep it running.
>ramps or floor jack with jack stands
>metric socket set
>metric ring spanner set
>some screw drivers
>he ability to use YouTube's search function

Attached: IMG_20180112_122910.jpg (5312x2988, 1.37M)

Pinned thread aside how did you figure out it was worth buying?

My parents once bought an old WV but fronted so much money for repairs it wasn't even worth it in the end and had to be canned after only 3 years.

This is the only correct answer in this thread. Failure to accept this answer means you either haven’t listed all of the decision criteria, or you’re an idiot.

>how to destroy your credit rating and panic every end of the month

I just needed a car to tide me over till I was able to buy a better one. it's still my plan to get rid of it the moment something worth more than $500 breaks. at the time it was the cheapest usable car in my city so i got it.

Attached: IMG_20180110_162809.jpg (5312x2988, 643K)

An what will you buy then?

Miles per gallon, if you use anything else Vic's would have to be grey imports, and therefore not cheap, so the advice would not apply to you.

Attached: 3xjKfXI.jpg (320x240, 69K)

Volvo? Maybe a early 90s Lexus.

Attached: 1200px-1988-1991_Volvo_240_GL_station_wagon_(2011-06-15)_01.jpg (1200x564, 198K)

Honda CIVIC: cheap reliable and the parts are more plentiful that just about any other car. Great for modding too

>maxima
These are seriously underated, reliable, comfy, and fast shitboxes. Mine has 230k miles but the suspension is starting to get wobbly due to all my pothole infested city driving. '97 GLE btw, I believe the highest trim.

94 ford laser

i want an AW11 at the moment.

It costs like 50$ at jiffy lube to get the oil changed and recycled and there's a shit ton of 10-18$ off coupons on their own fucking website, the moment you get it changed once they also start mailing the damn things to you. Don't kill a car just because you have the MUH POINT A POINT B mentality, at least have some fucking sense.

Jeep xj

Get a Crown Vic and keep one of these in the trunk so it NEVER breaks down.

Attached: Roadside-Auto-Emergency-Kit-w350.jpg (300x223, 33K)

then buying an old car is not for you

Buy a Camry and learn how to do basic maintenance.

old toyota corolla / camry

Man if only they had a sticky to answer such a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1482994753884.jpg (511x591, 20K)

Buy a new car and have it serviced according to manufacturer