I'm going to see about buying this Honda S2000 for $2K CAD...

I'm going to see about buying this Honda S2000 for $2K CAD. Worried it might be a scam (or lady just forgot a fucking 0 in the price?) What do you guys think? Could it be real? Should I daily it if it's real and I buy it?

Attached: isthislegit..png (942x545, 260K)

You're gonna get mugged and raped.

but what if i dont

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Oh yeah I know you're ripping me off but I have to sell it fassssst because I'm about to deploy. By the way I'm waiting on the new title my girlfriend will totally send it to you after you buy the car.

In the extremely unlikely event it isn't a scam you should buy it. Even if just to flip it.

I'll add that good deals do happen. I know a guy who purchased a 89 CRX in immaculate shape for about $2k being sold by a widow of a guy who died in combat. But people take advantage of other peoples greed so they'll bait with a low price but it'll turn out it's a flood car or something else critically wrong.

keep this thread updated

It's a scam you fucking retard. Really fucking common one.

They're going to ask you to wire the money and tell you to pickup the keys and title from somewhere that doesn't exist and fuck off.

Ask for picture of a specific place or part, like the VIN or something

Just bring a second person, or a taxi and tell them to wait till your done seems like it's worth getting mugged and raped over desu I would just be careful

>"this car has it all!"

I don't know why, but something about that sentence just sounded really out of place and strange. Like it's not something you usually see in a private sales ad.

Anyway, you won't know until you go check it out. Bring a friend with you. Ask for receipts of work done. Don't accept "I did the work myself" as the person selling it in the ad clearly has 0 knowledge on cars if he says stuff like "oil is fresh, brakes are fine" etc.

I dunno man. It reads like one of those Nigerian scammer emails where they talk something up yet have no fucking idea on how to do it properly.

shit dude, that could be the case. I think they had flooding in the are earlier that year.

Sent her another email, hasn't responded yet.

yeah me and two other mates are going.

it's a scam you fucking stupid nigger. i hope you send him money when he asks you to. retards like you deserve to get scammed.

he's not going to bring shit because the next email will ask for money to be sent. this is one of the most common scams on craigslist. the other one is where they fish for large objects, send you a fake check, and ask you to pay for the movers, i.e. send money to them.

So I did reverse google image searches on some of the pictures she sent me and they seem legit

Attached: reversegoogle.png (1099x948, 365K)

Attached: googlereverse.png (1052x889, 404K)

But in the pictures she has the reg plates blurred out, do you guys think thats bullshit or something?

Attached: thumbnail_2.jpg (1280x852, 235K)

Attached: thumbnail_5.jpg (1280x852, 290K)

>thumbnail_1.jpg
>thumbnail_4.jpg
>surprised there is no matches
are you legally retarded?

what does it go by filename?

Common practice. Can reverse lookup plates, find address, steal car, rape daughter etc

No that's typical. Legitimate sellers might not want to post the plate or VIN on the internet. It's stupid because it's not personal information and anybody can walk by and take those numbers but eh.

Okay so not too much a red flag?

if the exif data is gone or the image was changed in some way the results are dogshit. something with a filename like that has most likely been resized/exif data stripped. i've had difficulty reverse searching images just because they were resized.

It's getting late and she hasn't replied so I'm going to bed. I'll be up tomorrow morning and hopefully she's gotten back to me. I've already laid out that I can only pay cash in person and she seemed okay with that (so either the car is real or I'm going to get raped) I'll try to keep you guys updated.

I'm taking this cautiously I'm not just going to paypal her immediately like some faggot.

did you ask for their life story?
people don't usually ramble on about irrelevant bullshit unless prompted

Attached: 1510777946661.jpg (960x540, 47K)

bring condoms

but he was promoted, user

OP, we all know that car is EASILY worth 5 x that at minimum.

Guarantee mugging, if you do meet in person. And I do mean guaranteed.

Bring a gun, and a friend because there will be a fight.

Criminals love the idea of some rando delivering $2k to them in cash.

So don't send the money, why would you do anything but cash for keys in person when it's only 2000 bucks
Geez that was hard

how many people do you actually know that have been mugged off Craigslist?
Because I sure can't think of anyone who has

How fucking retarded do you have to be to not realize it's a scam

Have them meet you for payment at a bank by the machines, don't go to some random place with $2000 cash. There are cameras there.

RIP annon

More than likely its like anons have been saying, he's going to ask for a money wire or send you some sketchy check. Common CL scam

OP here I received another email this morning from the lady asking for an ebay transaction. Should i press her to meet in person?

Attached: idunnoguys.png (947x369, 46K)

The thing is I could drive out to her to pick up the car it's no problem with me.

I feel like that car for that price would be bought on a military base in 1 day.

Yeah bro like others are saying, you’d have to be just a total slack-jawed moron to not realize this is a complete scam. The whole military thing, the eBay motors thing, it’s a by the book rendition of a classic CL scam. “She” is not going to meet you in person. Keep looking, user.

IT'S A FUCKING SCAM
quit wasting your time for fuck's sake

They are probably going to say shit about ebay or Amazon or other bs

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-125435.png (1080x1920, 197K)

BTW this is Ontario probably same person

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-125924.png (1080x1920, 245K)

OP here for the last time. It's a scam. I said I can meet her in BC and she just told me to fuck off pretty much. I'll leave her email if you guys want to spam/raid it or whetever

[email protected]

It's a scam OP. This is exactly how scammers type out all their emails because they don't speak English

there have been enough in my area that the police specifically opened their lobby for people doing Craigslist deals.

The way those sentences are laid out, its most definitely a fob chinese person writing them. Its a scam.

lmao post screenshots dude

This is literally a scam
>oh man I can't possibly meet you in person
>just wire me the money and I'll mail you the keys :^)

>jude

Don't send money in any form, only exchange in person after viewing the vehicle.

^100% proven scam avoidance method^

OP, i went and saw this car today
buying it tomorrow

>judeeden
>juden

Attached: cjfjoifuuaeca8i2.jpg (501x504, 63K)

Not just
>Jude
but rather
> Jude Eden
jude again.

Hey op check this one out

Attached: litterallyop.png (653x144, 51K)

"I'm selling it because I'm in the military" is the oldest Craigslist scam in the book.

its either stolen or you're about to get robbed

Ask for a picture of mil ID and watch the spaghetti roll out.

Sounds pajeet tier