So Veeky Forums, I'm building a rally car

So Veeky Forums, I'm building a rally car.
I'm thinking of going MR out of simplicity.
I'm considering a T5 out of a S60R because I like them and a manual box, using the Volvo K-frame and probably the shafts,hubs,brakes.
This will be a full close to spec build, but for simplicity, I will probably be tieing everything into the cage to give me a place to mount the engine. This may make it heavier though.
I'll be building it myself and with the help of some engineering mates who work for beers.
I currently have a fwd piece of shit that I'm considering, but I'm open to another chassis if anyone has any recommendations? (Under $500 for a rolling chassis)

Thoughts? what would you do?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 277K)

miata

Can't be convertible

Although, if anything shares Miata NA suspension, it would be pretty good, because I can use the Paco motorsports offroadster kit and save a ton of time on suspension design

Which class are you building this to run in?

I'm not running it in actual rally, and I'm not sticking to a specific class.
I will be using it for stuff like the Gambler 500.
I will be building all of the safety to rallyamerica spec. But I'm obviously not going to abide by most of the rules when I stick a Volvo drivetrain in the back of a Ford and throw a bunch of boost at it.

Why not use an existing MR platform? A 4WD MR2 should be easily feasible using a cosworth MT75 gearbox and running the diff upside down. A VQ35 destroked to 2 liters paired with an IHI turbine should be a fine combination.

Mostly because it's got to give the illusion that it is built for $500 in order to "quality" for the main race I plan on entering.
I'm open to other engines and combinations, but the more complex the build is, the less IL likely finish it.

>easily feasible using a cosworth MT75 gearbox
Yeah, it's ONLY a $14,000 transmission

Attached: fdf59ad643159032c6433ac68f18354a.jpg (392x445, 143K)

Ruined GC, like
>pic related

Attached: 1515687560508.jpg (569x635, 94K)

how many grinding disks would it take to fit that tho?

Dude just use the 6 speed awd manual that comes with the s60 r

For a second I thought you said destroked to 2 stroke and wondered if I was having a stroke

They are Haldex rubbish, and anything you do to the center differential will cause it to break the casing around the rear output shaft. By design, they are too weak to handle it.
Thus, rear mount with a fwd MT box.

Hard top conversion OR weld together a roof cage and strip the chassis

I'm not sure about actually converting it to have a roof. But just simply fitting a hard top is a no.

Should take that engine put transverse in an 850 with a cutout firewall just for the lulz

So you're trying to do a LeMons Rally with this?

Gambler 500, but yeah, maybe if lemons does another road rally

First, I'd sign up for either Rally America or NASA Rallysport (you can run both in the same car, but I'd recommend the latter).

I can't tell what this is
it's an audi front
it's a Mercedes/BMW back
but looks like an impreza
wtf

Too many.

Glad to see that you got it done though

Attached: 18-Twin-Engined-Toyota-MRolla.jpg (1280x872, 150K)