/Precious Metals General/ PMG

Are Gold And Silver gonna gain or lose, overall, this year?

Tell me faggots, I want to invest.

Also, Precious Metals General, THE place to discuss the end of the financial world, and/or marginal financial gains over time... Ya know, whatever you're here for! Also, circle jerking over anons stacks is always fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

reppa.de/deutsche-muenzen/deutsche-mark/dm-gedenkmuenzen/5-dm-silber/?p=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is gold/silver a good investment for a young adult like me to make? Why or why not?

Silver and Gold are still in a pull back so I am expecting for silver especially to fall greater than it did the previous week.

(btw, the gold and silver price increase this week due to the increase interest rates of US bonds; The current state of the market is very bullish in my opinion)

It rose just today, but my question is, if it were falling, how far is it gonna drop?

They are, after youve watched some YouTube documentaries on how the federal reserve works, I recommend Mike Maloneys videos, but there are other good ones as well.

Before I watched them, I never understood the appeal of gold and silver honestly. That was a pretty hard redpilling, scary shit man.

From what I am seeing, atleast to the 15 dollar mark. If your looking for more information I suggest watching the latest "Mike Maloney" video on the You Tubes.

Where did you hear about getting into precious metals?

Prices falling! Anyone know of any sales going on?

Gold/silver isn't an investment. It's speculation that you can use as a hedge against the market.
Then you keep researching and realize that people like Mike Maloney are shills for gold.

Precious metal has become a wild card. Shorting it on leverage pays interest. Owning physical for the long-term has paid people historically.

It probably won't go below $1,150 any time soon.

This doesnt take any research, based Maloney tells you that he does, in his videos.

Theres also dozens of great videos by other people if you dont like him for whatever reason

Yeah, I've seen them as well as read articles. I'm well aware of how the federal reserve operates, and it doesn't make me want to have a large position in PMs.

How do I invest in gold on the ASX?

dude, you call yourself woke? search youtube for flat earth documentaries

>Want
But can't really justify the huge markup just because of it's rarity (only 588 minted). You can almost buy 2 Oz's for the price of this 1 Oz. Does look nice though.

I came across some coins I want that can only be found for wayy more than they're worth in weight too
oh well

So long as you realize this - and you're not one of those goys who thinks they'll ever see money above a coins weight unless they're prepared to put in some real time/effort to sell it...

gold/silver is completely useless.

buy XOM. OIL is the only commodity that matters really.

> Also, circle jerking over anons stacks is always fun!
aaamen, brotha!

picture dump incoming

Meh oil and power companies are always a good investment for its always needed,in my country they are an even better investment due to corrupt politicians tending to land their careers in the "competing"companies therby ensuring they get to do whatever they want like getting government money so as not to raise prices and end up raising consumer prices anyway because oil became more expensive (if it became cheaper they wouldn't give back the money to go the gov)
But still if you're a tin foiled conspiracy loony moronic like myself and belive there's a huge bubble about to burst in the middle of some cultural clash,that will hurt the already difficult integration based on we give you free houses and money please become as degenerate as we are and don't kill many people.
If such thing happens physically having your assets will be more than appreciated.

Some of my little begginers stack no bully,it's grown bigger on the bottom silver coins aspect but i don't have it all in one picture.

Now I'm investing in lead and iron because of muh uprisings and upheavals and muh guns,but I'm planing to buy any offer I find of dirt cheap underspot silver I can find on the internets (yesterday I bought 75 grams of silver for 25 euros)
2 and around one third ounces for 26 and something dollars.

So basically I got half the store price since at store I could only get the same at 9,85 euros. Thanks to 21%taxes

Yes, lets measure dicks but not as impressive as yours

Nice stack too

>About $5.00 in change

I have 154.3 ounces (4799 grams) silver

3.42 ounces of gold 106.58 grms
I started on January this year,when my red pilling made me want to try some jewjitsu,specially with so many elections in europe I guessed I much rather have some safe cushion on wich to hold myself.
I do envy you americans get to buy silver and gold quite cheap and in many many forms due to competition and private companies and refineries,here in europe they fuck you with some 21%taxes on silver (so you end up trying to buy old coins on the internet for sports or underspot) and no gold taxes but still all comes down to few companies and state mints,not the cheapest options...
Also salaries tend to be lower due to taxes specially if southern yurop or like myself.

generic rounds are a bad buy.

the meme is real

I count at least 67 only on face value and that's only counting the half dollars and the 50 dollar gold coin.
Working retail does wonders at counting change with just one glance.

It is only the matter of time the (((IRS))) fucks with the US metal market if they are desperate for tax. I am in my early 20's and brought up what I can. I am more focused on crypto as it gave me better returns but would sell off btc before I sell off silver.

The only generics are the 10oz bars. The rounds are eagles, maples and britannias.

>hope my Id stays the same

My modest stack. Can't be fucked taking a pic of my Silver although I have a bout 40 Oz. Dunno If I'm going to buy any more Silver due to the fucking milk spots ruining the beauty of them after a year or 2. For some reason though, this only seems to effect Maples and Britannias so might just stick to Eagles if I do buy more in the future. Why the fuck are the Canadian and Royal mint afflicted by milk spots but not the US? Some kind of difference in manufacturing process?

>It is only the matter of time the (((IRS))) fucks with the US metal market if they are desperate for tax.
Being a bong, Britannias and Sovereign's are legal tender and are thus VAT and Capital Gains Tax exempt which is why they're the only Gold I buy. Of course, that could change in the future but I don't have a crystal ball and if they were to make that move then wider society would probably be facing bigger problems for me to worry about.

Increase of interest rates would've decreased the price of gold and silver as the dollar would be stronger. The price rose because the debt ceiling is being increased again.
Silver dropped over $1.50 in price because the market was flooded with paper shares intentionally keeping the price low.
why not own something that's real?
love Philharmoniks, picked myself up a tube of 20.
Arizona just abolished the capital gains tax on precious metals. Hoping for the idea to go nation wide.
Silver is going to become more of a rare commodity than gold in the next few years. Would highly suggest stocking up on more.

Apart from whatsaid,yes it's mainly those 2 mints,it's been said it has to do with the manufacturing process and their attempt to purify silver, basically they had a tonne of complains,and they investigated the answer after all that was well its meant to be cheap so f you(very chinese answer by the way)it's a pity specially since they are really really beautiful coins and in old coins that didn't happen.
I'm a yuro so philas are the cheapest option,actually I personally don't like them that much but that's the cheapest way to bulk up in europe if you wanna buy 1 ounce coins store front,the other option is buying the equivalent of "junk"silver that would be thee other coins at the pic wich you might or might not have seen before(I have 240 of them pro is everyone holds them,they literally pop up all over the place,people have them unknowingly,widows get them,people inherit them etc etc it was the last widely circulated yuropean silver coin,and thus it's the best value for the buck you can get,also if sold out of the country it might get some premium due to it being only common in my country and having collectors value outside of it,although I kind of dislike that option since its a historical piece and i wish for it to remain here... (that's why morons remain poor ahhaha)
Ron Paul pushed for it right?it's already a meme but...fuck It man,he really thought outside of the box and would have made for a real great president,one that would have downsized the gov,like the founding father's wished for,i doubt it would go nation wide,too many interest against it but I wish I was wrong.

They say so about silver,I agree but don't believe all they say,if silver went more rare and expensive they'll simply use other options that will become more cheap due to rising prices specially in its industrial uses. Personally i stack silver but,i hate to be blindfolded by my own wishes into believing what I wanna hear,hopefully prices will catch up with reality

Gain like the motherfucker.

Who's prepared for Trumpflation?

>Increase of interest rates would've decreased the price of gold and silver as the dollar would be stronger. The price rose because the debt ceiling is being increased again.
Also increased interest rates will cause inflation because the economy is such a debt ridden shithole that it relies on these incredibly low interest rates.

I bet this is bullshit

wasn't my stash. just reposting other ppl's posts

did you also know that 52 pesos is worth about 5 american cents?

moar reposts

PMGOLD

The Perth Mint put this on the market. It tracks the physical price fairly closely and if you stump up to the mint with your paper they will exchange it for you.

Price of gold shares/derivatives rocketing right now, possible recession incoming I reckon

>all those nice large bars…
Fucking EU taxes. I like silver bars, but the taxes just not make them worth it, so it's coins…
I just want a half kilo bar as a desk trinket.

old pic. It's a bit more nowadays and I'll probably get a few hundred € worth more next week. Any Germanons here that can recommend me what to get at degussa, or any good shops in Berlin?

>the other option is buying the equivalent of "junk"silver that would be thee other coins at the pic wich you might or might not have seen before(I have 240 of them pro is everyone holds them,they literally pop up all over the place,people have them unknowingly,widows get them,people inherit them etc etc it was the last widely circulated yuropean silver coin,and thus it's the best value for the buck you can get,
What coins are you talking about?

>Silver is going to become more of a rare commodity than gold in the next few years. Would highly suggest stocking up on more.
Yeah, I don't doubt Silver's fundamentals and it's probably a great buy right now at the current price but the milk spot issue really put me off, which is why I would solely buy Eagles in the future I think to avoid the problem. Besides, right now I'm slowly building up my Gold collection and I can't really stack both at the same time due to how comparatively expensive Gold is. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Queen's Beasts series and there's still 7 yet to be released. Might start stacking silver again once I'm done with those. Dumping ALL my money into Gold/Silver would be as retarded as the people dumping all their money into crypto.

also:
Just remembered that I also have a few old 5 DM coins. The first series contained 7g of silver (625), so they are worth more than the 5 DM they are nominally worth. Whats a good price for those? their silver content at spot puts them at around 4.2€, but I'm not sure how the fact that you first would have to "get rid" of 37.5% of other crap affects their price.

And WTF is up with the 5DM special editions?
>reppa.de/deutsche-muenzen/deutsche-mark/dm-gedenkmuenzen/5-dm-silber/?p=1
880€ for less than a quarter ounce of silver…
even the 12€ for the more common ones seems rather steep, especially given that collecting coins (collecting, not stacking!) is about as popular nowadays as collecting stamps.

100 peseta coins.80%pure silver.

It affects the price negatively since they have to get rid of the impurities and that is money,but still I much rather have in in this form,at 80% pure silver the coin is hard as nails but still has enough silver (half ounce)to be some good value.
It's basically stamp collection but with a little silver so they seem even more precious,in spain they also a phase something similar like 16.65 grms of silver for 13 euros but it will never get to top the nominal value unless shtf in wich case you're better off having bought real silver value instead of trying to protect against losses by having some nominal value.

>It affects the price negatively since they have to get rid of the impurities and that is money,but still I much rather have in in this form,at 80% pure silver the coin is hard as nails but still has enough silver (half ounce)to be some good value.
Thought as much, but it's hard to get any numbers for this negative effect.
On ebay you either find stuff that got sold for way less (around 3€ per coin), but is based on an older silver price, or stuff where people try to sell even standard coins as collectors items, ranging from 10€ to more than 100€.
I don't have any intention to sell them for their silver content, I'm more interested in a realistic price for them, should I happen to come upon some at a flea market or similar. I guess the ebay prices around 3€ are still a realistic value for them.

coin bars my dude. some eu companies will sell tax free coin bars

can any of you /precious metal/ fags explain to me why JNUG barely tracks gold anymore

my stack before I went all in BTC

fuck me how much is that worth? and how many BTC do you have just out of curiosity

Looks like roughly a couple grand in melt value alone, I cant guess any more accurately because Im not familuar with selling those coins...

For this coins,value would be weight 15.2 grams pure silver weight 19 grams,I but them at around 7 euros
At shop it would be 10 euros,if outside of spain the price will go up of course and you'll pay a premium for it being a fascist coin with fascist symbols from a bla bla bla,even in spain some sell it with this meme saying they'll ban them so you should buy them now (for fashy larpers)

I always go by weight content,the other value is even more relative to the other person,I'm not a collector,even if I have few meme coins like nazi reichsmarks or old gold coins (I simply payed by content of pm if it turns out tk be some old coin,I'm even happier but i force my ocd to not care about dates or historical events happening at those dates of minting...it's hard but...

saved from page 10

>coin bars my dude.
Haven't found any yet at the large EU-sellers.

Any rural Brits here? I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way for someone without a city in easy reach to buy just a little above spot, of whether I'm stuck with Royal Mint?

>hedge against inflation
Goy! Buy an overvalued sliver of metal that will provide nothing for you.

This is no better than your grandma's curio cabinet of charebs.

There are a few places. Hatton Garden metals is a good one.

Also worth checking local auctions. You can often pick up sovereigns for below spot! There are no guarantees of authenticity so bring a set of calipers and a small set of scales.

Thanks user, they don't seem to have much in stock on the site. Any more like it?

As for auctions, how do you even find them? Pretend I'm utterly naive about even the simplist ways of the world and life.

>Also worth checking local auctions.
Whats the general consensus on flea markets and such?
I would assume that commercial vendors are just selling at normal prices (or more, if they deem a coin collecticble), but at noncommercial ones, I would assume you might get lucky.

Your lack of understanding on the subject is disturbing, almost as if it's intentional.
Even with a 5 years gap between now and this graph, you can imagine it still looks about the same.Our economy has been in a constant downtrend since '99. Our politicians have been conveniently lying to us about this.

silver looks still very weak

Looks like a bubble!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

about 60 Morgan dollars in the books.
Is this a decent amount of shit?

Its a decent start :) Whats your oldest?

Anyone in CT know any good places to buy coins/silver?

Bought a 400 gram .830 silver bowl at spot, going to fill it with various silver trinkets I have laying around that I also got for spot. Nice decor and useful in the postapocalypse.

Latest auction buys

That ducat is really cool

European coins in general were GOAT 17th-18th century. Too bad it's so expensive to collect.

What would you say is an average price for a coin like the one in your picture?

Can't say, way too many factors. I paid about $150 for this one after commission which I consider a steal because ugly specimens go for more elsewhere.

Sometimes I get lucky and find a 18th century coin in semi-decent condition in a bulk spot lot like the ones you see in that picture.

If you just like the aesthetic of coins then there's something called the Maria Theresa thaler (pic) which has been minted by all sorts of countries since the mid 18th century more or less unchanged (reason: it was considered a convenient international standard re: banks paying eachother etc). I've gotten loads of these on spot buys. They vary from mint condition minted within the last decade to ones made a 100 years ago.

>aesthetic of coins
*old coins

I actually have one of those. My uncle gave it to me several years ago. I have been meaning to acquire more though because they're pleasing to the eye and I like the history behind them.

Oh cool. My 7 yo nephew visited the other day and I gave him some nice big silver coins. After he had left I kicked myself for not giving him a Maria Theresa rather than just modern bullion type stuff, it's the sort of coin that gets their imagination going and that they'll treasure.

Yeah that's what did it for me. I was given plenty of Kennedy half dollars as a kid but it wasn't until I found a mercury dime tucked away in the corner of a drawer that coins really caught my eye.

So what's your stack and purpose like?

Mine is I buy world silver coin spot lots 99% of the time, pick out nice ones for my type collection and store the rest to be sold if silver ever goes high again.

>there's something called the Maria Theresa thaler
I don't really like it's æsthetic, but I appreciate the history behind it.
Have a few myself, and those fuckers (fuckerettes? What's the female form of fucker?) drive me mad. They are always worth their spot price in silver, but there are dozens of variants that are worth way more numismatically, up to many thousands. and if you look only for the signs of how to tell those, you will most certainly find some sign on yours, but you are never really sure if you really go one of the lucky ones…

also, I was bored this moring, so here's a PSA for my fellow Goldbernds.
I calculated the premium over spot degussa is asking for, with various things.
tl;dr: If you want silver, buy a tube of the Niue owl, or if you just want to spend a small sum, buy 1oz Noas ark and totally avoid the 1oz bar (fuckin taxes…).
for gold, get the 1kg bar, or if you can't afford that, some old chilenian 10 Pesos coin or an old belgian 20F coin. And totally avoid the new french 250€ coin.

Isn't the whole idea behind bullion coins that their stamped on value is always less than their ag/au worth? That fucker has a way lower spot price, and even with markup its dangerously close.
I'm not sure how that works, but aren't you supposed to be able to exchange it for its printed worth at the central bank? If gold drops, but the euro doesn't, that could actually be a good hedge.

I don't have much. I've been collecting coins on and off for about a decade but there was a hiatus somewhere in the middle. Only recently have I become interested in getting a little silver on the side.

depends
if you are looking for tubes eu sellers are the best bet, even with postage its vastly cheaper than any uk seller.

if you are looking for "junk" or the odd pickup, check markets/auctions/old shops

mike maloney exchanges gold for fiat especially when gold goes up.
what does that tell you?

of course it is we didn't even made a dent on earths gold reserves.

Why isnt anyone having good sales right now? There were a handful if really good Apmex flash sales, and some great stuff on spcial at JMB. Now apmex hasnt had a single sale in weeks and jm is totally bombing on their specials. What happened?

Not much, if anything at all. He probably just buys it back again when the price tanks... Why, what are you hinting at?

those look like the fakes floating on ebay

He makes no secret of his plan to sell all his Gold at it's peak when the price sky rockets and then buy a shitload of real estate. Every investor sells part of their allocation on the run up to take profit. Have to admit though, watching his presentations does seem nothing short of advertisement for his business/website.

So what's better for acquiring a decentish amount of silver? Bar? Coin? Looking around for scrap jewelry? I mostly want it because I want to try casting a sculpture out of silver and I'll need about a pound or so of it.