Audi killing off the affordable supercar - R8, rest are numb and boring

>audi killing off the affordable supercar - R8, rest are numb and boring
>only noteworthy Benzs are priced near $200k
>porsche is good but priced high as always
How come BMW is the last euro brand that still cares about affordable fun enthusiast cars?

Attached: JUH_3008.jpg (1200x800, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1402449
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bcause middlclass is the majority

Would rather buy a pony car with a flat plane crank, desu.

Can you honestly call yourself an "enthusiast brand" if you manufacturer multiple crossovers and make fwd cats in Chyna?

uhhh excuse you

Attached: IMG_3854-HDR-768x432.jpg (768x432, 99K)

>How come BMW is the last euro brand that still cares about affordable fun enthusiast cars?
Well then, I sure hope you buy one then. But we know your not going to, or your going to buy a used model. And then when BMW pulls the same shit as Benz and Audi, you will most likely make another thread complaining about European's not caring about affordable enthusiasts cars.

You already can't buy anything but premium models with a stick

>>porsche is good but priced high as always
The 718 is about 52k, wich is not exactly overpriced for its performance and handling.
Hell, it is faster on a straight line than a Mustang GT, corners like crazy due to midengine and Porsche.

As in gt350?

Inshallah Brother.

No, the 718 GTS and Mustang GT350 have the same topspeed.

Oh I was curious about the price difference between your comparison

Well my original comparison was between Mustang with the 5.0L V-8 and 718 base model.
52649 for the 718
46000 for the Mustang

The difference is only 6649€, but to get the mustang to the interior spec of the Porsche you have to option it out more.

718 starts at 55k here in burgerland

>burgerland
Then you shouldn´t care about the performance, since you can not drive it at the topspeed anyway...

I don't't care about top speed, just like I don't care about infield track performance as a sole performance metric.

Ok, I should rephrase it:
Since you can´t go fast, why get a fast car?

>fast cars have to be driven at a fast speed every second of their existence

There's nothing currently as exciting as that flat plane crank v8 with a 8.2k redline?

Well, driving fast is their purpose...
Even a flat four cylinder is faster at this point, especialy in a mid-engined car made to corner.

A 1998 Civic will do 105, therefore it must be driven 105 at all times?

Sure, some boring four banger might be exciting to you, but your not pulling away from a gt350 in it.

What is the point of getting a car that can go more than 2x as fast as it will ever be driven.
A Toybaru will do exactly the same for about half the money.
Said flat four has the same topspeed as the GT350 and corners way better.

Not driving it as fast as possible all the time != never driving it to its max.

By your logic, why not get something cheaper and gear it really high for top end speed?

because they dont

>Not driving it as fast as possible all the time != never driving it to its max.
Never claimed that, but if you don´t go fast often, it realy is the wrong car.
>why not get something cheaper and gear it really high for top end speed?
It doesn´t work that way, pretty much all cars are geared long enough to encounter more drag than their engine can overcome.

>Top speed
>Infield performance
I guess you live in a racetrack?

>I guess you live in a racetrack?
A epmty highway without a speed limit is quite simmilar.

And that's where the stang shines.

>And that's where the stang shines.
Nope, the 5.0 is slower than the base 718 and the corners are quite narrow at 275 km/h.

>How come BMW is the last euro brand that still cares about affordable fun enthusiast cars?
No.

Attached: 90658785634628.png (383x132, 3K)

>Affordable
?

Bahaha you have to compare it to a lower priced gt for it to compete tho.

BMW uses cheaper materials and charges a lot of extras. They don't have a lot of money going towards as many non-essentials as the other premium German brands do.

6k is not much of a difference for what you get more in the 718...

I don't know what you're talking about. Base model 3 series in Mexico are the equivalent of $27,000, have a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine, no sunroof, plastic trim, no factory navigacion, hand adjusting seats, and a standard transmission.

They all have power windows and crash sensors though.

Attached: 3_serie.png (793x490, 784K)

noteworthy beamers also cost a lot. or dead rip 850csi

Attached: 1200px-BMW_840_Ci_Sport_front.jpg (1200x900, 392K)

M2, M3, M4 and pic related can be had with a stick.

Attached: 58869ihsv4e3.jpg (1500x938, 274K)

oh nvm I cant into reading comprehension.
you can buy base model 1 series, 2 series, 3 series, 4 series, x1, x2 with manuals

Still confused as to why there was no V6 model this gen, people have a lot of respect for the older 4.2 V8

M140i costs the same as a Focus RS
which car are you talking about?

You need to check the price again, and no they don't have a stick.

Is that what you mean by "affordable"?

They do have stick. Is it really so hard to use google? Or the bmw online configurator?

m140i, m240i, m2 are affordable and reasonably priced in comparison to others.

The R8

I don't care about your shit hole country, no.
Would rather buy a v8 with a flat plane crank and a 8200 rpm redline

so according to you the only ''enthusiast brands'' are supercar/hypercar manufacturers?
get a load of this guy

>california
>shithole
go fuck yourself unless you're from Norway

>You're wrong
>Oh wait, you're right but I don't care because you live in another country so i'll pretend i'm right

Attached: oh no.jpg (640x720, 152K)

It's hard to take them seriously anymore when all they do is shit out the same model for 20 years, all with various degrees of inferiority

so it's hard to take seriously pretty much every car brand in existence?

Lotus exist

Attached: LDA-Elise-S-Group-of-cars-19_03_15-8-1024x653.jpg (1024x653, 176K)

Yeah man, just be sure to never get off that magical A-route you love so much because if you ever slow down you're violating the law by not driving your car at the max speed and will be executed under the enthusiast clause. Be careful brother!

Maybe I missed it, but 34 and an auto is where a BMW starts at. Maybe you can give link? And I stand by my shithole comment even though I thought you were mexican

Are you trying to imply california isn't a shithole?
California is basically extended mexico.

Attached: 1508122179173.jpg (612x612, 37K)

bmwusa.com/byo/iframe.html#/
select 2, 3 or 4 series. go to options and choose manual transmission.

Attached: 320i.jpg (1255x911, 143K)

also i'm not the mexican guy by the way

Not sure about the base models but M cars have higher quality materials in the interiors than the comparable AMGs.

The 570S/GT start at about $160k. The 720S is about $190k. Those are comparable to R8 both V8 and V10 versions and higher end 911.

Deal with it.

maybe if you divide $160k with 3 that could count as affordable

>pony cars don't excel at the highway
What are you smoking?

I'm not sure what your point is.

how is $160k for a car “affordable”

>slower than a base 718
Kek what the fuck ever

Attached: IMG_0967.gif (148x148, 468K)

They haven't cared about enthusiast cars since the early 00's

t. BMW owner.

> What is Fiat/Abarth

>tfw we can't get Polos, Lupos, or current-gen Twingos in the USA
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Attached: 1494388735029.png (746x718, 75K)

>one rehashed shitty model
>one miata but worse and uglier
>>>>>fiat

>mexico gets slicktop BMWs
shit my brown skinned friend
people fucking kill each other trying to find BMWs configured without sunroofs in america

>four cylinders
wow

literally nothing these days

If OP can argue that the R8 is an "affordable supercar," then McLaren's entry-level offerings can also qualify.

>california is not a shithole

biggest fucking b8 i have ever seen

Attached: IMG_5271.jpg (500x500, 29K)

>owned by poos

Wew

bahrainis and the tag group*

VAG (owns Porsche and Audi): Owned by Qatari ragheads.

BMW: 50% owned by public investors. So pretty much owned by everybody.

Daimler AG (owns Mercedes-Benz): Owned by Geely, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Kuwaiti sandniggers.

Dude this state is a shithole, what the fuck are you on about? I live in orange county and its only a 10 minute drive up the 5 north before you're basically in Mexico again.

girl car.

Except in the real world you can get a gt with the performance pack for low 30s, show me any 718 anywhere near the 30s.

V6? Nigger what?

Get a Z06 or a ZR1.

Hennessey will tune the Z06 up to 1000 bhp @ 6,400 rpm / 966 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm, doing 0-60 in 2.5, quarter in 9.7 @ 147 mph, and a top speed over 220 mph.

Hennessey will tune the ZR1 up to 1200 bhp @ 6,400 rpm / 1066 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm, doing 0-60 in 2.2, quarter in 9.2 @ 147 mph, and a top speed over 230 mph.

Price of car+tune is cheaper than a new bone stock v8 R8 for the Z06, and cheaper than a new bone stock v10 R8 for the ZR1, and both outperform those respective comparisons, too.

Or just wait for the C8, which will definitely be mid-engine, definitely be even faster (and faster yet with tuning), and possibly even AWD, like the 86 Indy vette,

Even a stock Camaro 1LE is borderline supercar. Another $20k into it and you'll be well above supercar performance. I don't know why an "enthusiast board" only cares about production and factory cars.

should i trust hennessey though
been reading bad things about him

if you're a straight, white, non-muslim, American who knows that you don't need blinker fluid, you're probably fine.

conversely, if you're an arab muslim here on a VISA, I'd steer clear

what if i’m a pure white northern european immigrant on a green card

Wear an American flag t-shirt, speak like an America, maybe put an American flag or "blue lives matter" bumper sticker on and you'll probably be fine. I think he just dislikes brown anti-american people. Don't do that whole snobby french person who looks at America with disgust, he might fuck you over then.

If it's any consolation, I have a friend who knows someone who works there, word from inside is that they really started taking quality and customer respect more seriously after all the bad press, because they lost more than a few customers after a few of those news segments aired.

And you'll go very fast, but still have a fisher price interior

When you're trying to put down 1200hp of freedom to the ground you don't really have time to be admiring your faggot ass alcantara interior. Is that why Porsche drivers eat shit so much?

I'm okay with a lightweight and affordable supercar. But go ahead and pay an extra 100k for less performance and a "nicer" interior.

>supporting a scam artist
you better be in bed with him to have your car finished or you're shit outta luck

Pic semi related

Attached: 1511366299713.png (1000x1000, 220K)

Hang yourself you fucking shit
derpibooru.org/1402449

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.jpg (307x156, 24K)

vaping nu male car

tell me again how cute the plaid seats are hipster

alfa romeo?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>V6

it’s ok but...
>auto only
>$80k