/dg/ - Destiny General

Entitlement Edition

2 days to go before launch get hype fuckers.
PC Details: pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-reveal/
IGN First: ie.ign.com/articles/2017/07/03/destiny-2-all-the-newest-details-in-one-place-a-ign-first
EDZ Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=5M54S_nY_Xw
EDZ Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=AqCJ9V7eVM4
Launch Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hdWkpbPTpmE
Latest TWAB: bungie.net/en/News/Article/46189

>>>CLANSThe Leviathan Raid Gdoc sign ups PREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KRx5Urn
virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/2017/07/level_up_to_virginfibreforyourexclusivesparrowindestiny2.html
imgur.com/a/5lRXt
imgur.com/a/69DKJ
imgur.com/a/n6ATt
imgur.com/a/bCJZK
imgur.com/a/92clT
imgur.com/a/zAuAz
imgur.com/a/FNbBa
imgur.com/a/uu36A
youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
imgur.com/a/69DKJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The hunter looks fat.

>Bungie confirms they are going to reduce the cooldown on grenades
>Increase super generation so supers are available more often
>Gun damage will be tweaked so raid bosses aren't "shoot at obvious weak point for 20 minutes while half-assing mechanics" fights again
>Strikes are longer, 4 new strikes in each of the new dlc that are in the season pass

Confirmed by bungie rep at pax.

So, user. Have you preordered destiny 2 yet?

People have been complaining it has only 5 strikes, but think about it seriously. If destiny follows their new philosophy of givving you alternate encounters with strikes, that's 2 versions of each strike, that makes 10 strikes. And with heroic strikes, that makes 20 strikes. And with nightfalls that makes a total of 30 strikes, and with a new prestige difficulty for nightfalls called prestige, that's like having 40 strikes in total.

That's 40 potential strikes you could be playing for countless hours of fun.

On top of that there are 17 story missions and they are REPLAYABLE, that's right user, you can play them again and again, making it basically an infinite number of story missions.

With that much content, how could you afford NOT to get Destiny 2?

So make sure you pre-order now a digital deluxe edition at gamestop for your bonus kill-tracker ghost, salute emote, and cold heart linear beam exotic rifle.

And pick up some poptarts for an exclusive Destiny 2 sparrow, and Destiny 2 marked cans of rockstar energy for a chance of getting UP TO THREE engrams a week. That's all the loot you'll ever need Guardian :) lolol right internet friendster? And you can even with a radical motocross motorcycle bike as a grand prize.

>Even mentioning DLC when the game isn't even out yet
Pathetic. I'd expect no less from Bungie at this point

This better not be all the damn exotics in the base game

game was supposed to launch with 10 strikes, there is no reason to be surprised if activision told them to take 5 and put them in dlcs. and the game was probably finished 6 months ago, giving them time to start working on the rest of the dlcs that should have been in the base game.

Daily reminder you must go through the story mode first alone only upon completion can you go back with a fireteam and this is perfect! Bravo bungie don't listen to haters. No one wanted to experience the story with friends initially if you whine about this you are entitled.

You'd think they'd double up on cabal strikes instead of vex or something

Also, are three of the four zones some form of temperate forest? D1 had more variety

Only definite that tells you is that you can replay missions once you've cleared the campaign. Literally says nothing about having to do it solo/not being able to group. Just wait a couple days and you'll no for certain, not worth the effort stressing over it until you know for certain.

6 strikes for playstation owners

Wow it says there clear as day you can't do the missions with friends without completing them wow I mean i'm not mad Bungie is perfect but just wow.

>hive strike
>vex strike
>fallen strike
>cabal strike
>cabal stike
>cabal strike (playstation only)

:thinking:

>are three of the four zones some form of temperate forest?
No? Nessus seems to be like a rainforest type area. EDZ seems to be mostly ruins of an old city. Titan is an ocean rig type of structure, and Io is a mountainous wetland type area.

discord.gg/KRx5Urn

/dg/ discord server, OP forgot to put it in there

This is some serious mental gymnastics
Have you tried applying for the Special Olympics user?

user you forgot to mention that Target specifically has exclusive poptarts as well that give you a unique sparrow see pic related.

Don't worry UK fans you have access to this sparrow as long as you are a virgin media subscriber! See the following link for details:

virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/2017/07/level_up_to_virginfibreforyourexclusivesparrowindestiny2.html

I can't fucking wait for Destiny 2! It's gonna be SWEEEEEEEET!

I just feel that with the exception of titan, these zones seem more homogenous than D1. Granted, we haven't seen a lot of io, but each of the zones in D1 was a very distinct environment.

All leaked guide images from today/yesterday

imgur.com/a/5lRXt
imgur.com/a/69DKJ
imgur.com/a/n6ATt
imgur.com/a/bCJZK
imgur.com/a/92clT
imgur.com/a/zAuAz
imgur.com/a/FNbBa
imgur.com/a/uu36A

Well I like playing with friends and that was the best part of Destiny 1 but on the flip side Bungie is infallible so looks like good news. I mean it must be right? It's Bungie.

Io looks like its gonna turn out to be mostly vex geometric interor fuckery.

Oy vey you can trust me Goyim! I have the star of David on my chest! Buy my processed sugar carb patties!

i hope you at least get paid for samefagging this much. 3 unique users in the thread, one of them is me.

>IB it wasn't me/shitty resolution paint image showing lack of (you)/phone posting to make it look like two users

Refresh your page new friend it's more than 3.

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars.

fuck off nigga

>playing a strike on a higher difficulty counts as a whole new strike

Yeah duh totally bro. Its a different mode and you like totally play i differently its real radical dude, you should definitely preorder Destiny 2 Deluxe Edition and give it a try.

So anyone else liking their Destiny preorder bonuses? I think they're great, you should definetly preorder guys!

And Nessus, from what we've seen, already has a lot of that vex shit

Nobody forgot, discord just kills posting in threads so it's ignored

oh ok

Who's this Bonerlord faggot in the PS4 clan? He's more toxic than Matt.

reminder till launch:
>guide is missing Factions
>guide is missing Faction Gear
>4v4 all modes at launch
>still nothing about dupes

aside from the strike count, faggy locking of gamemodes into separate matchmaking algorithms, hiding friends and clan members that are available online but on different regions, 4v4 all modes at launch, locking legendary armor sets into specific frames, weapon mods doing nothing on kinetics, around par amount of exotic armors and around par amount of exotic weapons, game will be OK at launch if they included Factions and all their gear

That Rat King sidearm tho

>$0.25 have been deposited into your account

discords are always better than threads so i welcome it as long as you ban the obvious niggers and discord stuff doesnt leak into threads desu

If I get the deluxe edition that includes the Expansion, will the DLC be included up to Expansion 2 I suppose?

No, they are not. And this isn't an argument about opinion. It's a fact. The whole point is anonymity which is not possible in a Discord. The thread is superior to the discord in every conceivable way. The only places a thread falls short is where a party chat comes in.

end your life you fucking retard

kek

I preordered the Destiny™ 2 Collectors Edition as soon as it was available!

>love the image of a titan
>cant replicate it in other rpgs
>no 4th sub class as kinetic
suffering

How long until we have teams of 4 guardians all using rat king in pvp?

you first you anti social fucking loser

ye i can understand that

i just like a constant vc for game discussion and raids

>it will be viable since the maps are small

On PC, hand cannons were the meta and team shoting was very important. so if rat king is a good weapon even without the proximity buffs, I could actually see teams doing this

Just need to be ready for the other team to spam supers.

And now you can see when opponents have super AND there are less supers per match. If all the maps are relatively small I actually see quad rat king being a thing

>tfw still excited for new crucru
youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Discords create "in" crowds, which then divide general threads that are supposed to be used by a group of anonymous folk. Then if anything goes wrong between two or more people on the Discord, the general then gets poisoned by that shit because it's the only place people can post anonymously again, because they were retarded enough to throw away the anonymous factor by joining a Discord in the first place, so they come to the General to spread their shit and fuck up the General even further.

Discord was a mistake.

You could always see when enemies had super. It's just more visible now

The same applies to generals, really. Generals have been one of the worst things for Veeky Forums since it creates pocket microcommunities that see themselves as an exception to others, with minor e-celebs and the like. Then you get spergouts where people decide to trash the board or other generals.

Even on boards like /a/, people identfy each other in their notgenerals by posting style, filenames, etc.

Generals were a mistake, but here we are. Discord just further distills that.

I can see the need for general though, especially with board thread limits. You have a game that has threads made, bumped to limit, then remade discussing the same content over and over. Sometimes its new, but for older games there is only so much to talk about, it chokes out other threads, sometimes before people get a chance to refresh the catalogue. In that regard, I can see the need for a separate board for generals, which is better than banning them outright.

Hey guys e-celeb here

Yea, I don't disagree with them entirely. In some contexts, they can be handy and it's more of a problem with the userbase than the format itself. I'd love to talk about it more, but it's not really the time for it, and I have to make moves.

I'd be surprised if greens are rares actually drop up to that

I miss Dragon's Dogma General. =_( If any of you are here, I hope you are doing well and having fun you magnificent bastards.

While I'm normally not one to spoil myself with leaks and datamines I'm glad to see the third classes are in the base game (even though sunbreaker titans got a little tedious to fight in the crucible)

CLANG

>Who's this Bonerlord faggot in the PS4 clan? He's more toxic than Matt.
Redpill me, he's in the PC clan, but hasn't said a word there.

I want to go full Space Deus Vult on the cabal. Its a small dream, but its my dream.

increase clans to 150

honestly, bringing back alliances would be better; have friend roster, clan roster, clan alliance roster and limit the amount of alliances you can make to 2 - 3 clans

Or let you be in multiple clans. Like, make one your primary clan where your deeds and accomplishments would increase only that clans rank, and make the others for grouping purposes only. Maybe give you the option to select different clans as the primary clan on each of your characters.

that's ok too

>bought destiny 2 with paypal
>check today it got refunded
>0.01 in my paypal

Well lads. It was nice shit posting with you.

>pyramideon was a cut taken king raid
>now it's a strike

I'm mad as fuck

>5 strikes

That's not what this says. It's the same as Destiny 1 in this regard. 3 man fireteams for most pve activities, including campaign missions, unless the mission itself has a 1 player restriction.

They put all of their chips in the EDZ, eh?

The reason faction gear isn't listed is because it's just a reskin of the regular unbranded legendary end game gear. Same as Destiny 1. You level up the factions the same way as the overseers. Gain tokens or planetary mats, turn them in.

I got the deluxe edition, FUCK IT I just want to be comfy!

Louisiana Pin dispatched when.

Just started a sorc right now motherfucker

Titan and Io are both tiny spaces about half the size of the the EDZ or Nessus.

Says who? Weren't all of the d1 locals roughly the same size, with the cosmodrome being the biggest

Thank you for funding SpaceX

Honest question, is Destiny 2 worth buying?
I never played the first one, but 2 being on PC has my attention.

I get that there were/are flaws, but is it at least fun to run around and shoot shit with friends?

Launches in a couple days on console, another month and a half for PC, so you have plenty of time to read reactions and make a decision.

6 strikes with 2 variations each

I wonder what they mean by variation

>2 variations each

Source or fuck off.

>another month and a half for PC
That's what I get for not researching, I thought it was a same day launch. Thanks.

while activision and bungie developed/made the game they decided to outsource the peer to peer coding to another company, and are making other tweaks for PC, so that is for the delay. once its released though all future patches/dlc/expansions will release at the same time across all platforms.

Warlocks and Titans are friends, right?

We both hate useless hunters, right?

Also is there a version of this gif for each subclass?

>tfw need to wait till end of october
m-master race...

>you first you anti social fucking loser
at least I'm not the retard who's into discordfaggotrie

>i just like a constant vc for game discussion and raids
are you retarded or just pretending to be?
discord is a cesspool full of degenerates who are attention whoring and try to create some drama
look at wowg and other generals you fucking idiot

if you want to have a good discussion about the game talk in the fucking thread

We're going to be even bigger friends in 2.
>Rally Barricade + Empowering Rift

In the guide book, it mentions some encounters will have different enemy types and explicitly uses the word "variation." So basically, on a vex strike, there might be fallen in one encounter, or in the hive strike, some of the crystals are in a different place

Nothing really significant changes

>friends who played destiny 1 already called dibs on warlock and titan like they had in 1
>stuck with hunter if want a perfect circle
at least i like revolvers

>rally barricade + healing + empowering rifts

anyone got the hunter *autistic dodging* with titan and warlock shaking hands picture?

I wonder if the NS tree has a useful team perk other than Shadow Shot.

imgur.com/a/69DKJ
Not really.

Is Destiny 2 going to be another shitty grind like the first game?

I want to facefuck Eris and her full lips.

Queenie too but she might be dead.

Wonder how much celestial nighthawk sharpshooter is gonna do on precision hits