Is it possible to make relatively realistic futuristic weapons for fiction, and if so how...

Is it possible to make relatively realistic futuristic weapons for fiction, and if so how? Obviously there would have to be ambiguous/unexplained parts of how it functions, since the creator can't be expected to literally design a next generation weapon, but there would have to be some sort of logic behind the design. For some things it could be better due to overcoming something that limits current weapons, for example if a certain resource is presumably going to be more abundant in the future that would allow for better mass produced weapons, but beyond that I can't see a person having much else to guide them except guesswork. And if it isnt possible or atleast not plausible, what would be the next best thing if you can't have it be generally realistic?

Attached: 727D97AE-E977-4E16-840F-0712CD066039-14820-00001945791D8CD8.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

God fucking dammit, I'm gonna be honest I don't know how to delete posts since I never had to

You see the delete post down in the far right corner?

Or just leave it, im sure some NEET janitor will be here soon.

Look in the bottom right corner of the screen, right above the bottom board listings. There's a delete button there. There should be a little selection box next to the post, click that fucker and then click delete.

Goodbye, user.

I liked the way the UNSC weapons in Halo were done. They're familiar, using gunpowder and bullets, but the more iconic guns are all bullpup and they have things like digital ammo counters.

Lol I thought I was on /m/ and was wondering what the deal was, I look stupid now.

To ward off janitors, is it realistic to mount them to cars?

Maybe they could aim themselves and fire on command, with an ammo counter in the digital gauge cluster or some shit. In accordance with the rule of cool, there has to be a red thumb button involved somewhere in the process.

Man I've been reading this post for hours now, and I have to say you can relax mate. this isn't reddit where you have to meet a certain character count or else your post gets deleted. Hell you even posted on the wrong board and it still won't get deleted.

You haven't been able to delete your own threads for years now.

Attached: tard.gif (300x300, 498K)

You have to wait a few minutes ya dingus. Its to prevent Ghost bumping.

Holy fuck are you retarded?

Attached: 1520807287591.png (645x729, 40K)

>Thought he was on /m/.
>Post a thread that made me think I was on /k/.

Attached: 1470361328631.png (850x464, 678K)

Anybody remember /mo/? It was glorious.........

We're a click away. It's not so different, the rivalry between opposing pilots and racing drivers.

FAMAS

Fucking retard

bullpups are gay

Attached: obrez.jpg (410x227, 22K)

>tfw my two main boards merged
Fuck yeah I remember it. Hope they do it again this year.

Attached: obrez chucks.png (544x398, 188K)

Fuck off /k/, we're having a moment here.