/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Flight has won the Flight vs. Invisibility Splatfest!
- The Forge Splattershot Pro, the first weapon with the Bubble Blower Special, has been released!
- The new Salmon Run map Lost Outpost has been released!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Latest updates on what the Splatnet store is selling
- twitter.com/splatnetstore

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL
> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Do you feel like you contribute a lot for your team, /ink/? How so?

Woomy!

How many sea snails do you currently possess, /ink/?

Finger a woomy

>couldn't even participate in the splatfest because of work
Good job flight bros

dude

This would be the most amazing splatfest

I always think the winning theme sounds like na na na na na I want dat jelly roll. na na na na na gimmie dat jellyroll

Any drawfags want to draw squids licking a jellyroll?

>shilling your webms in the OP again instead of posting a flight image

I'm wondering how many people still pick waifu sides instead of just picking what you prefer.

13. Saving the rest for better gear

Get to work

what are those packs on their hats ?

for dumb choices like flight vs invisibility? a lot. something like mcdonalds nuggets vs fries would be different.

Around 20. I used a few of them already to add slots.

I am now on a losing streak of 3.

How often do they fuck?

Their specials

I'm real good at breaking enemy lines by going in full force.
Problem is I'm never smart enough to fucking wait until there's some teammates to actually push after I've splatted the enemy team.

I was about to make a thread with that Team Flight image too

27 sea snails.

>sploosh nzap hard carrying
>charger holding mid
>luna being retarded

never be on my team

One angry, bitter chem squid pretending to be an art squid coming right up. Now give me my labcoat so I can actually look my part.

wait there have been three splatfests ?

28. I hope they update with more gear soon.

E d g y

I picked flight because it would be nice to float around the home.

I like to get stylish rolls.

reporting in. Computer stopped being retarded enough to let me upload it.

If you count the demo, yes.

The test fire splatfest cake vs ice cream.
They should have let it save data so you could start the game with snails.

>He's not in the top 100
What's wrong? I thought /ink/ had skills?

I want dat jellyroll

Do you think Invisibility would've won if they weren't forced to pair their superior scores with EU shitters /ink/?

>3 (three) steelheads spawn at the exact same time and are guarding each other in a strategic formation
>flyfish hides directly behind the wall of steelheads
this is advanced bullying

LOOK AT HIM

>2500
Help me get out of 2200 hell next time. Diminishing returns hit me really hard and it felt like climbing a cliff in BotW during rain while wearing full steel weapons and armor.

this is my woomy

None. I rerolled like a madman because last splatfest I mostly used them for slotting. Getting close to enough chunks to make some really nice gear.

Most items on this list are at 2/3 of the requires sub abilities.
>Pro Trail Boots with Ink Res Main + Triple Bomb Armor sub
>White Inky Rider with Special Power Main + Triple Special Power Up subs
>Lime Easy Stripe Shirt with Ink Res Main and triple Special Charge Up subs
>Paintball Mask with Special Charge Up Main and triple Special Power Up subs
>Mr. Shrug Tee with Ink Res Main and triple Swim Speed Up subs
>Berry Ski Jacket with Bomb Armor Main and Triple Bomb Armor subs
>Punk Whites with Special Charge Up Main and Triple Special Charge Up subs

>*Yaoi*
>beaten by a GIRL GAMER

she's cute

>natural triple special power up on splash mob gear

damn that is some unlikely shit

I hope to recreate this set in Splat 2

I'm just glad to be in the top 100,000

I just remembered that the aerospray used it's suction bomb rush to charge it's suction bomb rush. Splat1 was something else

>Spend more time reloading than inking
>Being splatted clears your ult charge
>No mouse/keyboard Switch add-on so you can actually play properly
>Only a few maps in rotation.

This fucking game jesus.

>someone from my friends list is in the top 15

Like I said I just pick random clothes all the time so I never paid attention to abilities. For the weapon I started with the Tentatek Splattershot because of how efficient it is especially at lower ranks. Play aggressive, it'll throw off most of the players at that level.
I also played with the NES weapon (N-Zap '85) quite a bit, it has the same range as the Splattershot if I'm not mistaken but has the armor instead as a super special.

Then I got tired and started playing with the Splattershot Pro and the Jet Squelcher which both have a great range, which helped a lot against people overusing Splattershot and Dualies weapons. If you know how to position and know about their max range you can get them down easily given you gauge the distance well.

When I reached A/A+ I decided to give the Rollers a try because I felt those weapons had the potential to become my favorites and after sucking ass at them for a while they ended up becoming my main weapons. It's a ton of fun. I only play with the standard Splat Roller and the Krak-On Splat Roller because I like the way they feel best. The Carbon one is quick but does no damage and the others are way too slow for long range assaults.

For generals tips I would say : don't die stupidly, it's fine to stay idle for a couple seconds and watch your surroundings to make plays. If you think you can't win a duel just back off and go another way. Try out weapons a lot especially if you're not even S tier yet. It's important to know what other weapons do, and that way you might also end up finding what weapons feel best for you. Try to flank as much as possible, do things the other team might not expect you to do.

>aerospray

Does anyone have that gear chart with all the available gear and the main abilities released so far?

That's your gun's fault
Only clears some of it. Git gud. It's not an ultimate attack too so don't treat it like one.
Literally speaking, M+KB wouldn't make you any better than a gyro does.
Yeah, it should be three at any given time.

you have a cute woomy!

I think I maxed out at 2266, so maybe next time I'll either tryhard from the start and use the Rapid Blaster through the whole thing, or commit and use the Ink Brush the whole time, my highest point was with it and I was topping score and kills almost every game

Why are there so many female players on this list? I thought only guys are good at video games?

literally in the OP

When does that happen ever? it takes literally 3 seconds to fully refill.

nice squib. a very nice squib...

silly little boys like to be bullied

Ink Rec Up and Ink Saver Main, you fuck
>>ult
out
Thank fucking god.
Go back to Overwatch, you baby.

What if you Lose the first 7 games to get really low power to stomp all the following games ?

>Tumblr is better at Splatoon than Veeky Forums
How does this make you feel?

Thanks for the advice tired user.

I like how Chad has the body oil intensity slider turned all the way up

Just win every game

god friday can't come soon enough, I need this game

I have a really bad habit of running out of ink. I always toss a blind bomb right before I engage, which is dumb.

Am I the only one with over 50 sea snails?

You'd probably be put with even worse teams and just be mad if you can't carry

I hope so. I ink turf that isn't inked, especially near the spawn. I try to break away from the team fight to get near enemy spawn and create turf they have to reclaim.

I'm not the best at getting kills so I try to help in other ways.

That's the beauty of abilities because you can stack them in a way that caters to your play style. Start getting Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, and Ink Refill Up senpai

Sounds like you need some Ink Saver Sub.

he's watching the objective and can react if the enemy pushes through

>Thank fucking god.

It's irrefutable that a mouse and keyboard is the superior control medium rather than tiny wiimotes from 2006.

oh my god
that team wipe

>charger holding mid
>doesn't aggressive with aggressive weapon

>moray TC

Nope. Some guy hacked the Pokken controller to use M&KB, and it still plays worse than the gyro controls do. Git fucking gud, because what you want is never gonna happen.

Respawn Punisher was ALWAYS a long range player's tool and this video did nothing but prove what we already knew. It's worthless unless you kill much more than you get killed.

But it's fucking amazing for holding the enemy team down and skullfucking them. Draining the bejesus out of their special meters can make dominating them and keeping them from making comebacks, really REALLY easy.

It's superior for certain games, and Splatoon wasn't built around the idea of mouse and keyboard

T-thanks!

Profresh room
w h e r e

Not even 2 hours after the joy of winning Splatfest this game sends me back into the salt flats. Team mates choosing to ink new paths to the centre when the enemy starts their push. Refusing to pick up the RM. Not helping me push when I finally pick it up. Failing to defend themselves. Failing to defend me. Ignoring weakened foes and choosing the least optimal paths every single time.

That's just the usual Splatoon but then we have all my newly slotted gear rolling absolutely shit abilities or abilities it has no affinity for. Why would I wear main saver gear if I wanted special charge up? A double of special charge and 2 subs of Cold blooded on different pieces of gear is not what I wanted. If you don't no life this game and spend all your time grinding for chunks you'll never get what you want and team mates throwing matches doesn't assist the grinding

>replied to myself

user...

Is rerolling okay when I'm aiming for the brand influence ability? I'm planning to slot and reroll my Swim Speed Blue Slip-ons with snails. I'll get Swim Speed chunks too, so it seems worth it.

This is my first splatfest and I don't have many chunks/resources. 30 chunks seems unreachable.

DO YOUR DAMN JOBS

Name one thing a mouse and keyboard can do that a Joy-Con can't. I'll wait.

Will Splatoon 2 have seasons? Or will we get to remain the rank we are forever?

Seasons in Splatoon 2 yes or no?

>replied to yourself replying to yourself

Don't reroll. Just play the game.

get good

Kinda. I suck at this game, and wish I could improve. It's hard to play well, feels like my concentration can't keep up with everything that's going on.

No, never reroll. Chunks are always available through less costly means and there's no guarantee you'll get enough chunks for the abilities you want, and then you can't slot new gear.

>comfy rank games where I know which S+fags are bad or good
play more ranked

I'm going to tear your woomy apart like like paper.