Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

FINAL DAY Edition

What's new?

>Call of Kel'thuzad Event
>Join the Scourge in undying servitude with a new hero, new skins, and a bone-chilling challenge
>September 5th - 25th.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/call-of-kelthuzad
youtu.be/-jInzG9Ukrk

>Kel'thuzad; The Lich Lord of The Plaguelands, Commander of The Dread Necropolis, Master of the Cold Dark, Founder of the Cult of The Damnuned, Former Member of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abominations, Betrayer of Humanity, Summoner of Archimonde, Archlich of Naxxramas, Majordomo to The Lich King, and Hearthstone enthusiast; Now on PTR!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/kelthuzad/
youtu.be/Uv35ukl8c-w

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/map
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21014686/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21026745/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20973152/
>Current PTR Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20976073/

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6xtuxa/not_retiring_everything_you_read_on_the_internet/
youtube.com/watch?v=bLw_YybydzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for hots is a team game and mad dota/league babbs can't fathom such concept

who /dayonekelthuzad/ here?

He looks pretty meh tbqh

REMINDER THAT THE FOLLOWING HEROES HAVE BEEN LEAKED AND WILL RELEASE THIS YEAR

HANZO CONFIRMED 2017
ALEXSTRAZA CONFIRMED 2017

Also daily reminder firebat is next and he will get wow old god infested skin alongside Garrosh on his release.
Also first for sharlpeople skins incoming for dehaka and Greymane.

>old god
it's dragon themed sorry m8

i can't fucking read this shit
although i think i see alexstraza in there

>next month is just more overshit
>then some lame-ass waifushit
great

actually closer to two months
Alexstraza is listed as the last hero for the year, meaning Hanzo is either going to be revealed or released at or shortly after Blizzcon.

Firebat is next I think.
On another note Darius Crowley fucking when? We need more worgen , no reason orcs and nelves should get a gorillion heroes while other races just get 1 meme representative for the sake of being there. I want more worgen, true gnomes, more goblins, more tauren, more trolls and some Nagas, shas and tauren in game.

So firebat for October, hanzo November and alexstraza December?

They're listed for end of year, with leaks having said Alexstrasza is going to be the Blizzcon hero this year, so she's going to have some event/gimmick around her.
That means she'll go onto live servers within the first two weeks of December, and Hanzo will be in November, likely the same week or the week after Blizzcon.
We know Kel'thuzad is the September hero, which only leaves the October hero in question, since previous leaks suggested up to 3 different heroes between the release of KT and Alex, one was the Firebat, one was Ana, one was Junkrat.
Given we know Hanzo is slated for before Alex now it'll probably be Firebat.

Also it just occurred to me they're going to do another animated preview featuring Hanzo talking about the power of dragons and then Alex is going to show up in it.

>someone picks greymane
>that team always loses

But muh gm players always pick him1

>Be diamond in first season after the leagues were first released
>Take hiatus from the game until last week
>Do my placement games with friends
>One friend is declared 'leader' of group after much debating between them
>Stepped back because my knowledge of the game was out of date
>Do some reading up while we queue tier-lists etc.
>Friend makes the dumbest fucking decisions imaginable for the dumbest fucking reasons possbile
>Grab good old bugwarrior for most of the placement games
>Manage to get MVP every match
>5 losses 5 wins, wins only being pure fucking luck on our part
>Play my heart out expecting good placement, out perform my friends massively on whatever I pick
>Placement at the end: Silver
Fuck this, next time I'm doing solo placements or duo queuing with someone around my skill level.

>wowfags
ahahah

Probably unless they release both heroes at once

>implying you can handle two at once

DAILY REMINDER THAT 27.07.2017 WILL BE FOREVER REMEMBERED AS A DARK DAY IN ORCISH HISTORY.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI

Blizzard really fucked up with Garrosh's representation in Heroes of the Storm. His abilities and role do not fit his character fantasy in any way. His kit should have been for another character.

Yes, he is fun to play. But he should have been a bruiser, like Artanis, but with burst and less focus on defense and with an ability to force 1v1.

>what Blizzard devs did
Hey guys we plan to release Garrosh somewhere in summer 2017
Fast forward summer 2017
Alright guys just attach some existing kit to Garrosh and release him. And dont forget to make a legendary skin + bike with a bunch of tints

placements are mostly due to your previous rating acquired in the previous season/QM
all placements do is "soften up" your rating

trips confirm

all of the literal who races have fuck all for lore characters or units to pull from

tauren, gnomes, goblins, worgen, all underrepresented because they have no fucking characters of note
>baine
>magatha
>hamuul????
>geblin
>????
>sassy hardwrench
>????
>darius
>literally no one else because worgen were invented for cata and forgot

lorefags just need to settle for whatever they get, im sure we will get [basic campfire] as a hero before we get some of your lorefag waifus

race is a societal construct lange clifford

Goblins have the big jew himself, Gallywix.
But he'd probably end up competing with Mekkatorque as "Small Guy in a Robot".

>fat blob on a spider walker
we already have azmodan

Good point, didn't think of that.

Surprised we dont have a skin for that.

Carine bitch

Kys yourself

haha sorry dad

>we'll never get rid of lispy trikslyr because he's a blizz veteran

feels bad man

Is hgc being broadcast on TV? Or did it trigger people so much that they won't do it again?

On tv? What channel would they even air something like this on?

>doing sapper camp on Haunted Mines
>Nova gets chased out of a scouting beacon and runs to me
>thanks for fucking leading them to me and getting me killed + them getting camp
>"I'm invisible dumbass"

ESPN2 had a bunch of esports shit in the past

ESPN 2, they did it before, for heroes of the dorm

Baine?

He just quit streaming yesterday. He's now only going to do casting for the foreseeable future.

What did he do before casting hots? SC2? Never seen him before.

can you guess the outcome, length of the game and score?

>plat
>brexit map

>HL
>enemy team gets a balanced composition
>your entire team locks into stealth assassins
I'm never leaving bronze, am I?

>no Blackthorne

I am. I'll probably regret it since I am pretty trash at his timing and queues will be long. But I love his kit, his look, everything.

just pick zeebo, xul or butcher every game desu

Maybe we'll get a kind of gnomes Vs goblins event like in the children card game and they'll release mekkatorque and gallywix at the same time with the small being in a meca gimmick with one having some kind of ally buff and the other some kind of enemy crippling stuff. That'd be neat.
Agreed. But on the other hand they already released stuff like Lili and BW so they can always pull some literal who with an interesting in-game gimmick mechanic like Darius cleave. Keep in mind the roster is ever-expanding and they usually add 3-5 big names, 2-3 OW cancer, 3-5 literal whos and 1 big meme character per year if they don't change this year's release schedule.
So we could get some phoenix, prime evils, imperius, deathwing etc now and then for big hype and a shit ton of broll bearmantle, generic diablo class, generic StarCraft unit and generic ow tranny fagg in between the big names. There's where my worgen and troll fantasies fit.

He was community manager

Your team won in the end but it took 30+ mins

fucking hell
He seems like a nice guy and I don't want to hate but holy fuck he is a shit caster. Even putting the lisp aside, he's not particularly knowledgable about the game and he has a terrible, TERRIBLE case of what I call "casteritis" - being overly verbose and, in a way, pretentious, for the sake of sounding grander, more complex than the subject deserves. Nobody uses abilities, they "utilize" them, nobody picks talents, they "develop" them, the list goes in. It's just silly and incredibly grating.

meant to reply to

we lost at 7 minute mark.

>Losing to hammer with Arthas and guldan.
How? That doesn't even happen in silver where I live

>falling even slightly behind on braxis Vs. Hammer and Sylvanas
how do you think it went

No one in our team could get past anubarak, as we couldn't deal any damage.

it ended when we lost first zerg wave %100

Arthas + Gul'dan vs Anub'arak + Stukov

They had zero chance.

>doing a VS AI to quickly get a daily quest out of the way
>mfw watching bot Valeera literally run against everything in stealth, never use any abilities, never leaving stealth
i can see why that "AI league coming soon" thing on the profile went mysteriously missing on the 2.0 update now

I dunno, some kind of scaling pve content might be fun
kind of like those "veteran" tutorials on tighter timers
buffed enemy stats, etc

i wish they would just blacklist valeera and abathur from ai gamemode

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6xtuxa/not_retiring_everything_you_read_on_the_internet/

So, so sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=bLw_YybydzY

Now, the world will pay a far greater toll, for i have returned.

I am Kel'thuzad. Your curiousity will be the death of you.

I'm glad Kel'thuzads original voice actor is still around. Blizzard went full retard when they decided to redo his voice work in WOTLK because they didn't want him as both parts when they had Chris Metzen have his own characters talk, fight and jerk eachother off.

>Azmodan takes Sieging Wrath or Taste for Blood, but not Black Pool

What the fuck goes through the heads of people who do this?

>lucio seeing multiple games in KR, EU and NA

I told you fuckers he's great

>Blizzard went full retard when they decided to redo his voice work in WOTLK because they didn't want him as both parts
Wasn't this decision made by the VA himself?
I don't remember off the top of my head.

For autismpushing.
Orb upgrades are still better at level 1 than the laser upgrade.

xD

GIVE ME LI LI SKIN

Nah, it's cited as a producer decision. I don't think Michael would mind having his voice reused for Kel'thuzad.

Besides, i doubt any VA's have a say in things. The original Sylvanas was willing to return to voice her for WoW, but Blizzard got a new one. Arthas's VA is the only one i know who wanted more money and was immediately replaced for it.[/spoiler[

i used to do this sometimes
the laser talent at 1 is ok for pvp but if you want to go full "ignore team and splitpush 24/7" then wrath is a better improvement to your pushing power

Only if that skin has a nip slip

Too bad your game is dead.

I was bored and decided to get Garrosh. I have never been so disappointed by a character in my entire life, what a fucking shame how terrible, out of place and low damage his kit is.

his kit is objectively good unless you're a vegetable, it's his numbers that suck

you deserve this unhappiness, lorefag

Have exactly 10k gold and I'm only missing Malthael and Garrosh. Who do I buy?

Who is ready for Thicclord Jaina

kelthuzad

>not being so alpha you dont even need to hit your enemies to kill them
Nice virgin post

Muh dick, standing by.

His kit is good, but it's in no way fitting for Garrosh. Should've given him a kit that's more like the Butcher's or they could've at least decided if he's a tank or a bruiser because right now he only has some lousy combo (that's basically a hook) and that's it. They didn't even bother giving him rage as a resource for his abilities (that already have a pretty long cd).

Reminder that only hot blodded Chads can play Garrosh

Assassin cucks are not allowed to play our glorious warchief

he's fun but
>our glorious warchief
kill yourself lorefag

>WAHHHHH I CANT HAVE A GOOD TANK KIT AND ASSASSIN DAMAGE AT THE SAME TIME WAHHHHHHHH THIS DOESNT MATCH MY HEAD CANON WAHHHHH

nigger just fucking pull an enemy and toss them back into your team. this hero is one of hte most fun heroes recently released, and you are over here bitching about not dealing damage as a SOLO TANK

you stride into battle like a fucking chad and walk around like you own the god damn place, not slink around to dart in and out like a fucking virgin

>no damage flipbot
yeah what an epic hero

>wanting le damage bruiser/assassin #52516 when it doesnt match his fantasy
Ebin headcanon faggot

>zero damage flipbot is his fantasy
like I don't care, we're getting what looks to be an actual good hero in just a few days

Is there some formula for bans, I've banned the last 6 games I've played?

At last check the player with highest MMR was in charge of bans.

Well fuck me then.

Being a big dumb strong leader orc in no way impies muh damages

Hes big and strong and dumb and a one trick that can't 1v1 just like in warcraft

Not even in the books was garrosh ever worth a shit or some juggernaut killer rampaging retard like you autists wish for

this

>mfw pulling and throwing people while they try to nuke on warhead junction

thanks for the donation

>throwing people into the nuke center

>throwing people into a mosh or other big aoe ult

>throwing your Xul like a god damned poison aids hand grenade and he one shots the chromie

>Throwing a D.va ult into the enemy after they tried to run

FUCKING T H I C C

T
H
I
C
C

MUH DICK

kel thuzad truly was our ally all along

Jesus fucking christ.

But I thought Fel and the Undead were enemies?

Truly an unholy creation...

M-My dick is hard as fuck and I c-can't play properly.

What can I do?