/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804/

>Switch
[Aug 1] Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/554kzt/gravity_rush_pcsa00011_us_cart_dlc_maidump2332z2/d895y81/
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/554kzt/gravity_rush_pcsa00011_us_cart_dlc_maidump2332z2/d87iszk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I get a new2dsxl can I trasnfer my friends list from my 3dsxl without having to reenter the people/have them reapprove it?

>tfw no R4 SDHC support yet

Does anyone happen to have the dark world dlc for towerfall on vita? I can't find it

NVM, I figured it out.

It was basically just doing these 2 things:
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/554kzt/gravity_rush_pcsa00011_us_cart_dlc_maidump2332z2/d895y81/
and
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/554kzt/gravity_rush_pcsa00011_us_cart_dlc_maidump2332z2/d87iszk/

HOLY SHIT

WHEN WILL AND EASY WAY FOR HACKING THE 3DS ON 11.5 COME OUT
GOD DAMN IT IT
I'M ON 11.4 BECUASE OF SOME FAGGOT ASS THIEF
>steals my 3DS
>wasn't hard to find him out and get it back
>has the fucking audacity to say "hey man I updated your 3DS you should at least thank me for that"
FUCKING HELL WHY DID IT HAD TO HAPPEN BEFORE I GOT THE STUFF NEEDED TO HACK THE 3DS
FUCK NOW I NEED MONEY FOR A FLAST CART AND I DON"T HAVE SHIT

I've been looking, too.

And for the Spelunky updates.

Local multiplayer vita fans don't exist.

I hope you had the audacity to call the police on him and file a report against him.

fix for OP image:
3ds hbg girlfriend (male)

Vita hbg girlfriend (10 with huge rack)

Magnethax

stories when

you need a flash cart for that right?

yea
but then you will also be able to play DS games

HOLY SHIT AGMJKDSJHSDFJHNGLJSD

>pic
no
but PiT sucked tho

Nobody likes Starlow.

I liked Partners in time
though that was the first one I ever played as a kid
What problems do you have with it?

The yellow ball is lame compared to a useful suitcase friend.

Stuffwell debuted in Superstar Saga.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions leak when

really?
I don't remember
how they changed the bro moves that's mostly it and some parts of the story are meh

Hey /hbg/, I have some doubts about ps2 emulation on ps3.
I tried encrypting the ps2 iso into a iso.bin.enc, inserted it in the ps2placeholder, did all the stuff with reactPSN but in the end I obtained a No Signal/Blackscreen.
Now I tried to run the ISO directly from multiman and it runs smoothly.

The question is: I heard somewhere that running PS2's isos overheats the console. Instead, running the PS2 Classic doesnt. Is this thing true? I have a Slim Model and the game is Digital Devil Saga 2.

Check the site.

3.61+ when?

never ever

use a ps2

>i heard somewhere that running PS2's isos overheats the console.
This is only relevant for fat PS3s. The system reduces the fanspeed while playing PS2 games for some reason, and if you got dusty fat PS3 then it could overheat the system. You don't have to worry about it for slim PS3s as they run cooler by design. Also you can manually adjust the fanspeed anytime with Webman or any fan control tool.

METROID WHEN

Kek

>being such a beta bitch you let him get away with it so he continues being a shitter thief
You should serve his sentence.

FIVE HOURS
I
V
E

Was it a nigger?

Any way to tell a real R4 i RTS revolution for DS card from a fake one? I bought one linked to me by a kind user in this thread some time ago, and it's the same website the guide links to to buy one.

I'm pretty afraid of using it to hack my 2DS XL and it being ruined.

Also anyone who's used one for magnethax can you keep your files on it, or do you need to backup the card? I have lots of DS save files on it.

I did this

no he was white
I'm black tho

so after messing around with the sd2vita, ive encountered an odd bug where my ps vita memory cardd is corrupt, and asks to be formatted, says it succeeds, then asks me to do it again, is there a fix for this? all my enso apps are gone and the only evidence that henkaku is still running is the opening screen.

Your duty was done then, I'm sorry you had to suffer because his parents were stupid fucks.

What's the best site for Dreamcast ISOs (for ripping to CD-R)

I don't really remember what fixed it, but it was a combination of restarting and holding L on boot, holding R while the web browser was broken, and re-doing the config.txt stuff. Hopefully there's not something I'm forgetting

>(for ripping to CD-R)
You don't "rip to CD-R". You burn to CD-R.

Well then what's the best site for Dreamcast ISOs for burning to CD-R?

google

this isn't a piracy repository and not everyone here is a pirate. Just go to >>/piracygen/ dipshit

haha look at this moralfag
get out retard

I have a flashcart, and have only bought 2 games for the 3DS I'm here about. I'm not a moralfag, just hate little helpless bitches whose parents didn't teach them to do any legwork for themselves so everyone else on the internet is their indentured servant.

Go google it and stop being such a pansy.

Anyway to use the vWii menu without a wiimote or any other controller that uses disposable batteries?

Look at the op image
Read the bottom line

a9lh a thing from the past? Should I upgrade?

hbl2hbc. If you intend on booting nintendont installer the forwarder from the gbatemp thread, or just jump to homebrew channel.
The gamepad will mimic the screen since you aren't asked to turn it off or not.

>i-i'm just like you guys! I b-b-belong, really!
>all this damage control
>reddit spacing
>everyone is the same person
haha

wew bud, carriage is reddit spacing now huh? I didn't ever imply piracy was wrong, nor did I say that person was the same one. Dig deep though.

pic related, it's from just a few generals ago. is every OP image cannon now or can they be memes made by people in the general about others, or in that case someone calling your average 3ds pirate fag an actual fag who's mostly brainless

you can just admit that you dont know where to get Dreamcast isos from, senpai.

>carriage is reddit spacing now huh?
Sure is. Just look at how you stopped doing it after you got called out.
>I didn't ever imply piracy was wrong
>wanna pirate? go somewhere else!
kek
>nor did I say that person was the same one
So you just tell everyone to "google it" as part of a discussion? Sure thing, friend.

sure is aspergers in here

What did you expect from /hbg/?

not entirely hbg related but has anyone ever had a micro sd card go read only on them?

the 64gb one i was using in my 3ds did, and i was still able to copy everything off of it onto a nee one, but i have no idea why it happened

In Rebug's settings, you can set the PS2 mode's fan speed higher pre-launch.

Can somebody tell me where in the fuck I can find a vita dump of cyrpt of the necrodancer JPN?? It does not seem to exist on the internet, only US verisions, over and over again. the only thing I've come across is the PKG of the japanese edition, but that doesn't really help me....

>patched DS games work fine on flashcart on DS
>won't boot on 3DS
>some games randomly freeze

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
If it helps, I'm using an R4 with the Stage 2 Launcher from Apache Thunder.

stage 2 launcher is old shit. Your flashcart should just werk with a modern luma.

Never even tried it without the launcher.
Thanks.

If it doesn't, Luma needs to be updated.

Is there an alternate place to get the r4i gold firmware? it was a bit of a shitshow to get the proper download when I got it ages ago, apparently it was abandoned.

I just followed the guide and now that I'm done I want to restore the flashcart

So im having a bit of an issue. I have a legit copy which is also physical of Trials of cold steel but i cant seem to get its latest update with thw refresh button. Is on im on 1.02 and apperently the latest seems to be 1.04. Whats going on? Using 3.60 vita

>buy a 32 GB SD
>put games in
>it's full
>buy a 64 GB SD
>put even more games in
>now only have 5GB left
>still missing a ton of good games
>need to get a 128GB SD

The pirate life ain't an easy life, I tell ya.

How many games do you actually play? you're going to spend more money on flashcarts than you are on games that you play at this rate.

Check emuparadise and ignore the h8ers.

>b9s/11.5
>updated luma
>keep getting "An error has occured"
Fuck, what am I doing wrong?

I don't play any games. I spend most of my free time posting that image.

Less than 10% 2bh

I'll kill myself anyway

Anyone here did not turn off the feature that shows people on the friends list what you're playing? I forgot to, but I turned off the spotpass.

Anyone?

Is there any way to make the disc channel read and start up out-of-region discs on the Wii U's vWii mode, and if not, should I just stick with using Riivolution to play those games?

What are you guys playing right now on your 3DS?

face raiders

Not samus returns or monhun stories

Bumpo

I recently picked up some old DQ DS remakes and have been using my 3DS to play those. Almost done with 4 I think.

Is there a cia/homebrew or a option where I can swap the bottom screen with the top screen? The top screen on my 3ds got fucked up so I need to use JKSM to get my saves for the games I care about. I can't use the NTR streaming because its an o3ds.

Poochy & Yoshi's Wolly World.

How fucked up? I had my top screen get screwed up where to where most of it was covered in black, but later learned only the backlight portion was fucked. Try shining a flashlight on it and see if you can see anything.

I'd say it's pretty fucked up, the back light still works but it won't show anything on the top screen. I hoping i don't have to take several screenshots

LEAK WHEN
E
A
K
W
H
E
N

>tfw still 11.2

>R4 SDHC
never ever

>09/03/17(Sun)18:05:32 No.188180794
That's just a DSTT clone right? DSTT support is coming soon so maybe.

Miitopia,pretty linear but fine for short playtime.

Are the Vita Berserk and Attack on Titan games unpirateable?
I haven't been able to find them. And posts from a year ago seem to imply that you need newer firmwares. So I wonder if the situation has changed in the months in between.

Monhun stories will probably come soon but we're stuck praying SR gets leaked at LEAST two days before release

CAN ANYONE ELSE CO FIRM THE FORK OF FREESHOP TURNS SPOT PASS ON.

TO TEST. LAUNCH FREESHOP. PRESS A TO TURN ON INTERNET.

BACK OUT WITH HOME BUTTON, 2-3 SECONDS AFTER .

CONFIRM IF YOU SEE SPOT PASS ACTIVATED TOP LEFT.

I'm a total noob at that. What's a good setting for the fan speed? I just dont want to ruin my ps3.

>tfw Wario Ware DIY doesn't save.
Anyone help? I heard something about YSmenu but I ended up bricking my flashcart and having to buy another one.

In that note, another question. I have the firmware, a flashcart and a bricked flashcart. How would I go about unbricking it?

Yes they do require 3.61+ and it's still a no go on those.

>wants him to ask her out because he looks "nice", but claims she doesn't care about looks
This is why I hate females.

Are you sure it's not because you're ugly, fat or just gay?

>white knight detected
Kill yourself you fucking piece of scum.

Fuck off back to plebbit, incel

I bet you're from IncelTears or CringeAnarchy. You're pathetic, just die.

No one gives a shit about your reddit argument, take it out of here and let us have our homebrew

As long as the cell/rsx temperatures aren't exceeding 80C then you should be fine. I keep my slim PS3 at 30% fanspeed

DO TELL
O

T
E
L
L