/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #911 - Police-hog Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-SUQLj5Dnn0
youtube.com/user/WindiiGitlord/videos?spfreload=10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Had another dream

I was playing Sonic Mania. Levels followed a weird order: it depended on how I finished the levels- or not even finish. They were all connected. If you fell to the water, you'll go to Hydrocity; if you went up, you'll go to Hiltop; if you moved south, Icecap was there.
all that shit, like a hub world. They all were one-act only, and relatively short- or not, like I said, it depended wich route you went to.

weid shit yo.
and interesting.
I remember I was sad and dissapointed lol

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!

First for, Silver is NOT a cute.

>"Shadow I beg of you, please do it for me... for a better future! For all the people who live on that planet... give them a chance to be happy... Let them live for their dreams knowing Super and Burning are different forms, Shadow I know you can do it. that's the reason why you were brought into this world. Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."

What did she mean by this?

sonic and metal sonic are cute!

She meant that they were different.

God damn it. >:(

hol up

Basically making the zone transitions in S3&K into a game mechanic? I can dig it.

DON'T BULLY SILVER!

Fast rat

They also a cute

Silver a shit! A fucking SHIT!

low speed insectivore

What are those cartoon FMVs I see clips of around the internet and why haven't I seen any of them myself in Mania?

I just remembered that Sonic: Chrono Adventure tried to do something similar and failed.

Shadow
Blaze
Sonic
Sticks
Espio

I hate Silver.

So basically what said lol

Nicole is the worst Archie girl and I am glad she and the shitty comic is dead

t. Mina

Silver a cute and NOT slow nor a shit!

Who's slower? Silver or Big?

He's been in the Rivals series, Free Riders, and Runners in terms of time-shenanigan-free appearances. Mania also took place in one frame of time, but considering the possible connection to Forces, I guess that doesn't count.

ikr it was cool
and crazy. Bottomless pits meant another levels.
It was like a never-ending huge map

dreams :/
I woke up genuinely interesed to actually try something like that
so , gotta start with this

There's the trailer a couple months ago that had some animation leading into Mania's opening, which you can see if you wait at the title screen. There's also two versions, one with Friends from Hyper Potions and a second one with Tee Lopes' own theme for the game and sound effects.

Big. Silver can fly in the air and zoom around and shit, but Big's fat.

silver

SILVER ISN'T SLOW
HE'S CUTE

I don't know Runners' plot if it's even relevant at all, but Free Riders had him run off in a rage quit intact, and Rivals had him sealing himself in another dimension while saving Shadow, making that kind of incompatible.

Man this series loves time and dimensions.

The only other time Metal appeared outside of a game with time travel was in SA1. He was put into stasis in Eggman's Mystic Ruins base.
I think they only actually use him in those game because his first appearance was in one or something.

Rivals series had time travel stuff and I'm not sure if Free Riders and Runners could be considered canon.

Nice thread Sonic bros! Hope you're looking forward to both Forces and Odyssey! Wahoo!

For the last thread, here are Sonic's supposed phobias in the comics.

Oh I was wrong, he just sort of "kills himself" by ripping his power source out for Shadow to warp them both back, but he's a robot so eh, he obviously got rebuilt for that.

In terms of main series games, though, Metal's still kicking, without taking into account his antics in side and handheld titles.

stop pretending to be one of us

So by that logic, anyone who likes Genesis games will shit talk every modern games for not being like the Classics and anyone who likes the Boost games will shit talk games before Unleashed or get butt hurt over someone saying Colors and Generations sucks or "Sonic was never good". I don't see how a few fanboys would automatically represent the fan base as whole. I've met plenty of people who like the Adventures that are actually excited for Forces or liked Mania.

Silver can be slow and cute

Fleetway comics to be more specific.

youtube.com/watch?v=-SUQLj5Dnn0

How the hell do I clear Stardust Speedway Act 2 in under a minute?

Why doesn't Miyamoto force the Lumas to be in every Mario game?

Okay, but he still shows up in those games and isn't pulled from the future or past or anything.

Hey Faggots,
My name is Infinite, and I hate every single one of you from the depths of my dark soul. All of you are fat, autistic, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass furries. You are everything bad in the world, even worse than Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber. Honestly, have any of you ever listen to Linkin Park? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of games because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Aaron's memes on twitter.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I am the sharpest of blades, and I'll cut you down in a second. What music do you play, other than “gay ass genesis tunes”? I'm also voiced by Liam o'Brien, and kicked a blue hedgehog's faggot ass (I just forced him to blow me; Shit was SO metal). You are all faggots who should just cut their wrists and offer their blood to Satan. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my edge

Indeed. 2017 has been a generous year for me so far regarding games.

Well this is a nice change of pace

>Sonic Mania has released on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch! You can purchase the game digitally from each platform's respective digital stores. The PC version is also now available.

Why not just say
>Sonic Mania has released on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC! You can purchase the game digitally from each platform's respective digital stores.

Because the Lumas aren't powerups. The Spin HAS appeared in more games past Galaxy, though.

Go in Time Trials. You don't have to fight the boss and there's an instant reset button to use in case you go over a minute.

Miyamoto is surprisingly experimental despite the fact that the Mario franchise reuses concepts all the time, though he's also not the best ideas person. He's also got better design and marketing sense than Iizuka ever had, and I say this even with the Paper Mario controversy.

i like soinc

Will suck dicks for Sonic Mania Heroes

I-I'm done! I swear! I'll stop posting--!

Iizuka doesn't design things, he just directs/produces them. He's also not in charge of marketing in Japan or America. I don't think he's designed levels since Unleashed.

miyamoto philosophy on game design is very minimalist

He started to get more insane about it during Galaxy 2 development when a enemy a younger artist was drawing for mario galaxy 2 and miyamoto was like "this just looks like a normal cartoon beaver" and the aritst was like "well isnt mario enemies just that? giving cute eyes to things?"

and that made miyamoto go nuclear. he spent weeks thinking about how to describe Mario to younger developers and that led him to some crazy minimalist and functional philosophy thing

Silver is worst character. Goodbye forever, slow rat poster.

The Paper Mario controversy is more Intelligent System's fault than Miyamoto's.

To be fair, he also likley okayed everything.

Are still Sega of Japan and America having petty internal fights?

no

the company would be dead if that was still going on

>STCO
Get the fuck out of here.

Yes, but he doesn't actively design things anymore.

Nah, I think they teamed up to have a petty internal fight with Sega of Europe over the mania DRM fiasco

I agree, I just found it annoying so I started screenshotting them all.

To be fair, I wouldn't argue with Miyamoto on anything.
That being said, seems like an honest observation from the artist.

The difference between Miyamoto and Iizuka is staggering though, it's obvious Miyamoto puts a lot of effort into what Mario should be.
Iizuka doesn't know and keeps changing it.

Personally I feel they should just give the series to Taxman and Stealth, but I'm an unapologetic classic whore so.

A director is still someone that leads the development team and has a major say in design choices like the repeated inclusion of Wisps or the like. He obviously isn't the end-all be-all, seeing as he's not the one writing the story, animating the characters, making levels or the like, but the mass of responsibility of getting a project working and pushing it down the necessary direction is his work.

It's why people blame Kojima instead of Kojima Productions when they've got grievances with Metal Gear titles before his departure from Konami. Kojima didn't solely write Metal Gear Solid 2's batshit insane plot, infact he basically asked his staff to come up with a random idea per day to see if it was worth putting into the game as a large sort of team effort. But no one blames Tomokazu Fukushima because no one knows about them.

If Sonic games keep fucking up, Iizuka is going to get the blunt end of the stick. But with his bad handling of shit like "it's not Generations 2.0" and the fact that he and SEGA placed the stipulations of returning levels in Mania and so forth, he makes himself a real easy target anyway.

>wall of (You)'s
>being mad that slow rat a cute

Lol you're going on there too. Are you happy now?

So should we stop blaming lizuka for everything?

People like big names they can praise or condemn because it's easier than discriminate who did well or bad in a collective effort like a video game. It's a double edge sword, when everything goes smooth, you are a genius, a pioneer, when the game doesn't match the expectations, you are a washed out hack and fans should size the means of producing games, overthrow you and start making games themselves.

Of course I want my shitpost on there, being added to it only makes me want to do it more

Guys... what if Sonic Mania for 3DS?

I made a quick mockup here to watch in the 3DS itself. Just go to the main menu in the console, hold L+R to open the camera mode, press the QR code button in the touch screen, and scan this one here.

Would you like to see a 2D Sonic cartoon in the style of the Mania trailers/opening?

I honestly think Iizuka is slowly on his way out.

Yes & no. While he didn't think of every dumb thing Modern games do, he did okay them so he still deserves blame.

Yeah, now I'll have to make a second collage.

Yes.

No. Get Hesse and Cartwright out of the industry already.

If it manages to be as charming and well done the whole way through? Absolutely

That user just seems like he's shitposting, anyway. As I said in the previous thread, all fans have their share of annoying rabid fans/shitposters. Be it Classic, Adventure, or Modern.

Yes please.

Yes, with the Modern or Classic cast

Yes. Will we ever get one? No.
Sonic cartoons will continue to have very little to do with the games.

I'd be more likely to watch it than Boom.

>iizuka is slowly on his way out
You know what, I can actually see it happening.

>Iizuka and T+S both have an idea they pitch to Sega
>Japan's own vs filthy gaijins
>Sega knows the fans won't stop asking them to make classic Sonic
>green light
>Iizuka seems shocked people wanted a classic 2d game
>Awards - Mania wins more than Forces at the booth
>Mania is getting 9 and 8's across the board
>Hailed as the definitive return of Sonic
>Forces is getting not bad but not quite Mania levels of reception

If their own can't even do what the west do, it's time to replace them. Sega's still very racist towards the western playerbase, I don't know what mafia shit they'll pull on the director who fucks up in front of western devs.

Sonic X and Boom are closest to the games, though.

I don't know who Cartwright is, but what did Hesse do to get your knickers in a twist?

He draws well enough, can draw many different things if you look outside of Sonic, and his Sonic based animation is smooth and fluid and pays homage to CD.

What's so wrong with that?

I think you like seeing cute rats, user.
If you want it to stop, collages are going to have an opposite effect. It will encourage it.
That's why I'm pretty sure you actually like this and it's just a way to see more rat pictures.

Nice autistic fanfic. You forget the part where Sonic Mania is awarded the Nobel Video Game Price.

I think you mean just Sonic X.

Boom references the fanbase not the games.

Is there anywhere I can watch Japanese cutscenes with actual translations for subtitles, or at least somewhere I can read them? I'd like to see if there are more differences between the American and Japanese scripts in general

I was actually referring to how Iizuka is just a supervisor on Forces, instead of being a producer. If Forces succeeds, I can see Shun Nakamura taking his place.

just because Sonic X adapted the plotlines and has characterizations.. sort of loosely accurate to the series? doesn't mean it's a good adaptation of the games. at all

and Boom just shares the current VAs and might as well be doing its own thing, Sonic fighting Eggman is a staple of the entire franchise so Boom doing its own whacky hijinks ontop of that isn't exactly easy to proclaim it to be close the games. unless you mean the tie-in games, which is a different story.

I watched some of this person's videos before. They subtitle everything themselves. youtube.com/user/WindiiGitlord/videos?spfreload=10

>Breasts
Get that off-model fanon bullshit out of here.

CEASE THIS AT ONCE.

It might work out but we don't know for sure. I'm still afraid that if lizuka steps down things might get worse.

Remember to report and ignore

PRIORITY NUMBER TWO IN LIFE: TO GET MY OWN COMIC BOOK, WHERE I GET TO BEAT UP THE EVIL SONIC EVERY FORTNIGHT AND ENJOY WITTY BACK-AND-FORTHS WITH MY TRUSTED FILTHY ORGANIC FRIENDS AS WE FIGHT FOR THE GRADUAL MECHANIZATION OF ALL LIFE, THUS CREATING A UTOPIA FREE OF SUFFERING

EVERY ISSUE WILL ALSO COME WITH A TOTALLY BALLIN' PIECE OF CANDY OR PLASTIC TOY NOT SUITABLE FOR HAIRLESS APES UNDER THE AGE OF 3

IT WOULD BE THE WORLD'S MOST WAY PAST METAL COMIC

Heavy Gunner: E-SWAT/Streets of Rage 1 cop
Heavy Shinobi: Joe Musashi
Heavy Magician: ???
Heay Rider: Super Hang-On?
Heavy King: Eggman?

but that's Wrong.