/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 3rd of September:
301 – San Marino, one of the smallest nations in the world and the world's oldest republic still in existence, is founded by Saint Marinus.
1658 – Richard Cromwell becomes Lord Protector of England.
1941 – The Holocaust: Karl Fritzsch, deputy camp commandant of the Auschwitz
concentration camp, experiments with the use of Zyklon B in the gassing of Soviet POWs.
1942 – World War II: In response to news of its coming liquidation, Dov Lopatyn leads an uprising in the Ghetto of Lakhva (present-day Belarus).
1944 – Holocaust: Diarist Anne Frank and her family are placed on the last transport train from the Westerbork transit camp to the Auschwitz concentration camp, arriving three days later.
>News
# News
CK2 DD 28/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1041495
EU4 DD 29/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1041610

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes
mega.nz/#!UkNBTZ5I!fDZftk5CuhjzP-1-s6QThoV_p7pHjiJWymzbvgfIhuk

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.2 - 03/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ydp01xbmueg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian
discord.gg/quP2WaD
mega.nz/#!kt1HlSrQ!3bIWlW6YYf3V5lOa5b6jpMLByAP60nKAeeHcOHCpu5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Romania is the true successor to Roman Empire

white men

homens brancos

бeлыe мyжчины

white men

witte mannen

>transylvania
let me guess, you released transylvania as austria so that you wouldn't have to fight them for it?

white/brown men/women

white men

England getting BTFO

tumblr

valkoiset miehet

white men

white men

white men

ommens blanquios

What music do you listen to while you play victoria 2, /gsg/?

hommes blancs

Drone metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ydp01xbmueg

Entire channel is pure gold

電波ソング

what mod

Why there are 2 roman empire ig only 1 actually has rome?

is this bait

neither of them has romania though so both claims are null

What's a good focus for a prospective emperor?

It's OP bumping his own thread.

hmmm

No, it's a legit question.

yeehaw

Is taking Netherlands provinces as Austria a good thing?

OP's can't bump their own thread until it reached 100 posts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian

Join hpm mp for fun
discord.gg/quP2WaD

How does answer my question?

It's so annoying how it's so hard to actually kill a general, every single stack of them I've come across ever since I first took Moldava and Wallachia is led by this same guy.

tumblr

Victorian era, you don't kill generals. They are taken prisoner at best.

>cheating

really makes you think

What

he is getting war exhaustion because the ports he is occupying got blockaded

Why did paradox never fix this?

Sorry sir, your significant farming and labour population can not make up for the lack of goods coming in from the ports that were never coming in in the first place due to the ottomans hating you.

There we go.
You get war exhaustion when an enemy blockades their own occipied provinces. Though this does make sense somehow, I don't think it does when the occupier is a landlocked nation and doesn't rely on those ports at all.

because patching victoria won't bring any $$$

gotta make more ui windows for eu4/ck2. only 14.99$ goy!

stop posting your cheating campaign pls

>holohoax

>decline and fall of the roman empire
Don't bother. It's the epitome of angry fedora tippers REEEE'ing at Christianity.

Why

yeah sure why not
*bites it*
I'll actually stop for today, pretty tired already.
Also France sphered the Ottomans, probably has to do with the Crimean Crisis event chain. This might come right back at me in a few years.

He claims Christianity made the legions weak.
Yet he ignores the fact that the Germanics that sacked Rome were Christian too.

>Arians
>Christian

>He claims Christianity made the legions weak.
That's correct.

As far as Gibbon's argument is concerned, they're the same. Belief or disbelief in the true divinity of Jesus doesn't change the Christian moral code.

*tips*

how can I play as South Africa or any of the boer nations?

Someone told me the other day i didnt know too. Start with Brits and they get event to release i think.

Truly how the peninsula was meant to be.

nice crop fuccboi

r8

i've seen worse/10

Italy by 2030.jpg

Austrian Bucovina and Krakow/10

I need some help lads, the FSA and USA exist and the CSA is dead, should they join or something? the USA is in the former's sphere but they still dont unify

*blobs*

Austria owns fucking Sardinia and that's what bothers you the most?

who owns those danish islands
think carefully about your reply lad

me haha

I do

>is taking more clay (historical clay, at that) a good thing?

Gibbon's book is worthless so far as modern historiography is concerned. He trivializes the entire fall of Rome down to Christian influences alone, without analyzing almost anything else. Economic, military, cultural, etc. reasonings are almost entirely dropped in favor of religiosity alone being the origin of the decline.

It's basically a fanfic about Rome's fall. It was influential, but it was influential in 1780.

So does anyone here know this works? Why is planned economy useful for this?

because with planned economy capitalists cannot invest, so they cannot re-open factories you close

Any of you guys have a favorite region to play in on EU4? I always find myself drawn to the Anatolia/Balkan region or any country close to the Ottomans. I think the challenge of having a big hostile (99% of the time) superpower near you when you are weak as fuck makes it fun.

Is the France minimod incompatible with the latest HPM?

Whenever I play as a Muslim country, I convert to Christianity. Can't stop myself. Only time I didn't was my Third Way and Fezzan Corridors campaigns, and even then I didn't convert Christians.

can somebody please respond? I'm considering just changeownering it so the FSA owns everything

But Sunni Islam is an OP as fuck religion in EU4, why become an infidel?

But I also love to play as a Christian country surrounded by Muslims. Haven't had a good Armenia run yet but I have 3 or 4 Jerusalem's under my small belt.

Redpill me on Forts.

they block your shit up. they block the ai much less.

That's the thing, you can't even do that. Even if you wipe out a whole army, the same general that led the defeat will be leading yet another army and so on.

Im talking about vicky

Take ostprussen already

they make provinces get occupied harder, though this can be mitigated with engineers (i think).
they also give 10-20% military tactics on armies defending them. not sure if you need to be their owner or controller to receive that bonus.

I'm getting a ctd every time I click the "start game" button. No forums are helping me with this because all the results are for people crashing when starting the game from steam. Any ideas? No mods enabled. I'd love to actually play this game.

What game has the best combat/warfare system? Out of the ones in the OP I've played EU4 and HOI4.

i think eu4. darkest hour has a balanced system as well, but it is too much centered around numbers (quantity>quality)

Can someone explain to me how to meme the migration in the latest HPM?

Shattered World mod is a wild ride
Long story short:
>Started in Crete
>Made a custom kingdom in southern Greece
>Formed Byzantium
>Managed to become Cathar
>Reformed Rome
>Run out of Male Heirs immediately after, a woman inherits
>Uncle overthrows me as Roman Empress
>Join the revolt league and help tear most of the empire(that I had just built) apart
>Jews somehow ended up in control of Jerusalem
>The only kingdoms in that managed to form in Catholic territory and Scotland and Denmark, everything else is duchy or lower still after 100 years

I heard Vic 2 has an entrenchment mechanic. So does Vic 2 have a better combat system than EU4? In a way that you can win with quality>quantity and good micro/positioning?

t. Alex Grandi

Victoria 2 is better than eu4 even if it's a bit to easy to abuse the AI.

Still you should check out hoi3 I guess. Never played it my self but people say it's better than 4. 4 is shit though so that's not saying much.

yeah it has.
i consider v2 system to be inferior to eu4 because quality>quantity can be abused too much. but if you like that then v2 is for you.

a technologically superior 30,000 army with a decent general camped on defensive terrain can fend off millions at late game

Here's the 0.03 version of GSG & Taxes, updated for the latest M&T patch. Probably not save game compatible
mega.nz/#!kt1HlSrQ!3bIWlW6YYf3V5lOa5b6jpMLByAP60nKAeeHcOHCpu5M

If you want the M&T music back just delete the music folder from G&T

They really ought to give France an event giving them a CB to turn the papal state back into the papal state if they get overthrown by rebels. I've never seen the papal state last an entire game. Like, ever.

t.hief

baseadio

Well they didn't exist by 1936 in real life either.

ehhh. Combat is basically the same. The main difference is combat width decreases over time instead of increases, thus making defense much more viable. On top of that, most tech advances are more favorable for defenders than they are for attackers, until eventually lategame the optimal thing to do is to set up a defensive line in your country and wait for the enemy to kill their entire army on your defensive line, at which point you march across their country unopposed.

I mean like, last long enough to get taken over by Italy. They always get overthrown by reactionaries and become a monarchy. But yeah, my phrasing was a bit objectively inccorect, sorry about that.