/fg/ - Falcom General #73

Previous Thread: Bully Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII PC beta testing is ongoing: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1471969431583803926/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-9317/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread died before I could link this one in it

I LOVE KLAUDIA

Calvard when?

>talking about Thors
Little did Randy know, that he'd end up being a teacher there.

>No Ys VIII leaks
JUST

Ok I finished the main Kiseki games after a few months going though them.
3rd > SC = Ao > CSII > FC = Zero > CS.
These games messed with my heart way too many times, this can't be healthy.

>that music when you talk with Osborne
It really makes me wonder how Falcom will have Osborne lose without making it seem like an asspull. This guy is almighty.

Look at Machias being worried about Fie's education.
Fucking hell, I forgot they don't give you his quartz back when Jusis leaves. Now I have to trot along with a liability of an Emma.

>Final eiyuu densetsu
>Also final side quest with Anton
>If you succeed, he gets a fiancee and clumsily rewards you with the same "precious stone" used during his proposal (really an HP 4 quartz)
>If you fail, he suspiciously gives you the rest of his savings (788 mira). Near the end of the chapter, you find his limp body hanging from a tree.

What fighting style will the Calvard main character have?

So he'll use the eight leaves one blade unarmed school?

Pro Wrestler, going under the alias of "Pom Mask"

that actually sounds more badass than taito

Either glorious nihongo steel or glorious nihongo taijitsu.

I hate you Phantom Theif B, and you're stupid quests

Oh my god this is way, way better with Zero hindsight. They even roll the game over tune here.

I LOVE ESTELLE!

Will Kloe show up to save Lechter's soul in CS3?

No, she will show up to save Oliverts soul.

maybe its a sign that it isnt ready yet

From what has been said here and in other places. PC port is still a mess.

Cold blooded.

Why don't everyone just hire Durante?
He seems pretty capable to me and i don't think he's expensive.

>Randy break-dancing

That's brutal.

I want to _pet Celine!

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

THIS THREADS NEED MORE BEST, STRONGEST AND CUTEST GIRL

You forgot INVINCIBLEST

Or is she?

Randy is pretty great

>3rd in first
My fucking nigga. I've only played the sky trilogy and CS and enjoyed the hell out of all of them, but 3rd was truly something special. That Falcom created a game that was both its own lovely self-contained story yet also expanded on the world to such an extent is nothing short of masterful. Kevin and Ries wandering around Aster House reminiscing about their childhood together is the only scene in a videogame that has made me cry outside of the ending of Super Paper Mario (and I was quite young when it released. I cried over 3rd as a 25 year old man).

It also helps that 3rd turned the cast of SC, a cast I loved, into a cast I might just say is my favorite ever with how it fleshed them all out. Even Josette had her high points by the end of it all.

>only the leader is allowed to cheer up other party members when they're feeling down
I hate Japanese writing sometimes.

so how does master quartz XP work? My guys are getting shit but the MQs are barely getting a fraction

I have 600 games in my steam library, I would rather replay the Trail games ;_; whats wrong with me

poor impulse control for starters

Why does everyone assume Calvard will be the setting for the next arc?

I want Remeferia or Leman State. Calvard just seems like an uninspired "not China" setting

Arteria game where you can play as based priest with cute sister when?

>Remiferia
happened

>Leman
too small

Calvard has been set up by the entire series thus far, so it's most logical to assume we'll finally get to see what it's like there next
Sure it's possible that there'll be another buffer arc before it, but after so much buildup I doubt it

Move over count Arseid. Step aside Cassius.

Best dad coming through.

If he's so best why is his son such a pussy.

Randy does cheer you up a lot of the time, mostly in Zero. Makes sense that it would be Lloyd's turn to support him in Ao.

>based priest with cute sister
But we've already had that before Arterianon, have some imagination

Arteria game where you can play as cute priest with based sister when?

>Famitsu’s most wanted games (9/3/17)
>6. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 411 votes

poor impulse control for sure
also most games on PC are hot garbage, no wonder they beg for ports all the time

so to make up for all the bad PC games you load up on them to try to fill up. It's all the same as eating junk food with no nutritional value

Wasn't it at no. 1 for a while?

Please, DivOS2 comes out in a week and it will shit all over CS3.

Leman is about as big as Crossbell, although making next game take place in Leman is sort of don't make any sense.
Maybe after Calvard, they dropped few stuff in Erebonia arc regarding Leman background & how the church lurking in the background, after all.

It's pretty easy to buy shit on a whim when steam regularly sells this shit like it's cany

>Calvard
>not China
user, you have been paying approximately zero attention, haven't you? Calvard is the USA.

>December 2016
>/v/: "Sen III will flop because of no Vita support!"
>September 2017
>The game makes it to top 6 even in the magazine for normalfags
Really makes you think.

Lloyd was never really down in Zero, though. Except maybe at the end when Joachim died. Anyway, it's not all that interesting to see the game rely on Lloyd to be the voice of encouragement for other characters, since he's just going to spout predictable, generic lines that make everyone happy or blush.

I don't know, I just really want to see the side characters be more aggressive about getting involved in the lives of the other characters without the MC being around, like Tita and Agate for example.

>Sen III will flop because of no Vita support!
Who the hell said that? Everyone was happy that Vita support was dropped since that meant the game didn't have to be reduced for a shitty handheld.

Yet another thing Sky does right.

I love the Vita and Im glad it's going to be an actual PS4 game. Though I do wonder how they're going to carry over save data. I guess they could pull a Symphonia 2 and just have the player pick somewhere during the game who Rean's choice was.

What does Dana smell like

blue

rotting eggs

CS3 is looking like a step in the right direction with Kurt consoling Juna.

DOOBLE IS FOR BULLY!

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited for those two in CS3.

>Two characters in the cast can grow and have development with each other without Rean interfering

NO. STOP THIS. STOP IT. REAN MUST BE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING. HE IS THE HEART OF CLASS 7, NAY THE HEART OF EREBONIA. HE MAY JUST BE THE HEART OF ALL OF ZEMURIA.

>the shitty adults just keep waging war like the fools they are. Nobles, reformists, they're both wrong. Us high schoolers need to show them the real way to lead this country... The way only we can... I'm sure it exists... Our personal way of doing things... The things we saw in high school... The smiles, the hearts beating together... Those will be the key to bringing those shitty adults down
Holy fuck why didn't you tell me Falcom has such god tier writing! This isn't some dumb anime game, this is more like classic literature!

>rean will FUCK every trails girl in CS3
Damn

>no matter who's your waifu from previous games Rean didn't fuck her even once during the timeskip
Dude probably can't get it up.

Salty oak & bags of seaweed.

Machias will never fully recover from his pathetic first impression because of this Rean fixes everything policy. You don't win affection back by going from shit tier to low tier, you need to have some kind positive moment to win back the audience. Machias never does anything cool, and he never actually talks things through with Jusis, he just goes from school shooter rage to mildly annoying whiner because he eavesdrops on one of Rean's magical therapy sessions.

Help me lads. How can I dodge Origin Pictimos in his lance mode?
He's actually easy as shit like his Ys I counterpart, but the super mode is undodgeable no matter what.

Calvard is burger country, I mean, look at Rocksmith.

I like him though.

>rean will cuck yellow jusis and blue jusis in CS3
I can't wait desu

What did he mean by that?

how about quad-wielding kantanas?

>there are people who don't like Ricotta in Ys VIII

Ricotta's thighs are for ______!

Is Ricotta actually an Elin?

No because Ricotta is actually attractive

>Finally got around to starting my playthrough of Cold Steel 2 a couple weeks ago
>Finally reach and beat the finale
>Game goes on to a side story
>Then goes on to a fleshed out epilogue
Does this game ever fucking end. I'm almost at 90 hours, man.

Nu-Falcom is for___

I thought CS2 was shorter than 1?

Certainly not in my experience. I beat CS1 in around 50 hours.

When did Falcom become Nu-Falcom?

When they became anime 36 years ago.

Handsome boys.

>I thought CS2 was shorter than 1?

Im approaching 45 hours at what Im assuming is the pretty obvious end game. So between actually running that last dungeon and some odds and ends It will probably cap at about 50. I forgot what I put into CS1 but I I think it was around the same.

When they made Ys as the casualshit version of Xanadu.

I also played on nightmare if that's any consolation. I guess I kinda padded the game out on my own.

Still I can't imagine what the hell you've been doing all that time

>obvious endgame
you have at least 10 hours left buddy

Looks like a babyface attached to a manly body.

No idea, but the only games topping it are the FF7 remake, Mario, KH3, MHXX and Pokemon

nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-9317/

Tio is cute. CUTE!

I played on Nightmare too user. I finished CS2 10 hours earlier then CS1 because Act 2 has no new location besides three short linear dungeons and the final final dungeon is fucking boring that I just skipped everything.

That looks more like a piece of nightwear.

Prep. Also talking to everyone whenever possible because I just get so engrossed in the fact that this series has constantly evolving worlds and characters compared to so many other RPGs. I'm autistic about little details.

Ill be honest, my character journal is pretty sorry looking. I got the required 90 entries for the medal but to be frank I don't really care much about what's going on in the life of say, Munk.

Kenneth is my nig forever though.