Just got the most unexpectedly satisfying new car feel

just got the most unexpectedly satisfying new car feel
2018 focus se sedan, 1.0 3cylinder turbo, 6 speed manual
15.9k out the door

i didn't expect anything of it just saw ford was offering some discounts on it and figured it would be a decent daily. test drove it and didn't really do much much i just wanted to make sure it worked basically. get it, starting driving around town and tell me how the fuck this thing is so much fun? i have a fiesta st but this 3 banger in the focus blows my mind how well it picks up and scoots around. don't get me wrong its not fast but its crazy how good it is for a 1.0liter. the handling is great, transmission is smoother than the st, gearing is better than the st (the fist gear ratios are too short imo) 30mpg city 40 highway and i know i can get better if i try, insurance cheaper, better interior features, bigger car but not too big.
wtf? i just thought it was gonna be a ford corolla. how the fuck is this thing comfier than my fiesta and its still like 80% as fun at all times other than going pedal to the metal? needless to say i recommend this lil sleeper if you are looking for a basic car that check all the marks for being a responsible affordable daily driver but still fun. pic related but mines grey.

Attached: focus.jpg (582x343, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2016/focus/2016-Ford-Focus-Tech-Specs-FINAL.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stfu you shill nobody here would buy this boring mobile

15k out the door new?
that's pretty good for a sub compact

i was explicitly trying to buy a boring mobile.. i actually made a thread here not long ago asking what you guys thought would be a good basic car that i wouldn't have to worry about and people recommended a manual corolla. well i was ready to buy one and they didn't even call me back after submitting my info so i checked the ford site outta curiosity and found this.
sure i'm biased towards ford but im no shill.

yeah 15.9 out the door.

thats pretty good. i'm not much of a fan of ford but if i had a friend not caring about brands i would recommend that for sure

>1000cc sedans

Literally did not know this was a thing. Fuck the future

i've been pedicting this for years.
i betting in the next 20 years or so all cars will be like this and will also have an electric motor, and will probably run off primarily of 85 ethanol fuel

Attached: 58173_2827389491.jpg (480x360, 63K)

they probably dont sell well cause they are manual and not a toyota/honda so most normies just ignore it. probably would be a good used deal too in a few years. the documents that come with it says the engine is from germany and transmission from the uk, so its not really a traditinal burger ford anyway

We told you to buy a civic for 3k or fix your old car faggot. Spending 16k on a shitbox is terrible decision. I spent less on my Volvo s80 with a V8 and heated/cooled/massaging seats.

>engine is from germany and transmission from the uk
not in my america

Attached: 1480179345256.jpg (300x300, 33K)

Are there any financing perks right now?

>1.0 3cyl turbo
>sedan

Attached: Diseasesaed.png (1045x545, 597K)

1.0 3cyl is confimed to be a euro thing now.

volkswagen also made 1.0 TSI 3cyl as its baseline now for normies to adhere to new Euro 6c emissions rules coming into effect in September this year.. it's just horrible. This is the last year in which you can get a normal new car in europe. Then it all goes to hell.

yeah and i ignored that advice. i've bought plenty of used cheap cars and i'm sick of that game. i like having something that i pull off the lot and has 14 miles on it and i know all the future miles are gonna be mine. its my fucking virgin beauty not some used up whore! and if something goes wrong, its not my problem for the next 5 years its fords. that's a comfy feeling.
i payed cash that might have been part of the reason it was cheaper but idk.
it is what it is. i still have a good old fashion 87 GT in the garage.
dude its fine, i can't believe it but its honestly 100% plenty of power. just need to give it a lil extra rpm off the line and and bit of gas between gears and its got all you need for what it is.

>its my fucking virgin beauty not some used up whore!
>1.0L

You're a pedophile

>1.0 3cylinder turbo
how depressing

Attached: 1357271286549.jpg (80x91, 4K)

How does it do cruising 80mph? Doesn't it feel like its gonna blow up?

lel
look if it was an auto it would be absolute trash, i'm sure of it. but with the right pedal input its fine. it would probably okay with one of those new fangled 10speed autos in it though.
the 6th gear is pretty long so its fine at 80. it is a little bit rougher than a 4 banger but it kinda has a cute grunty sound to it. if you don't know how to drive it and bog it down i'm sure it wouldn't be happy but like i said just give it a little extra gas and slip it slightly longer than you would a more powerful engine and its fine.

has more power than the 4cyl.

here in the us you can get the focus with a 2.0 non turbo which has more power than than the 1.0t, but i'd rather have the ecoboost for the fuel efficiency and torque curve.
forgot to say that it was still assembled in michigan (unlike the fiesta) so i think a german engine, uk transmission and usa assembly is a nice trivium

>1.0 3cylinder turbo

Attached: 1514499747514.jpg (269x211, 8K)

You could have had more fun, more displacement and somehow, more cylinders in a Miata.

But if you're happy, I'm happy.

stop bullying muh 3 cylinder. low displacement di turbo engines are the future and our only hope against the electric communists you fucking bigot.
thanks man. i wanted something bigger than the fiesta so a miata is out but maybe someday i'll get one as a funmobile.

Attached: enough.jpg (797x833, 156K)

this

you're a retard OP

for 10k you can have a low-mileage LS460 or UZJ100 or a 996 Porsche 911 for under 15
just to name a few in different veins

>fine at 80
sure buddy. that shitty engine has nothing left to give at that speed.

>only hope against the electric communists you fucking bigot.

>electric cars
>massive electric motor powered by lightning with enough power to snap your neck at 0 rpm

>your little sewing machine cuckbox
>at least I still get to keep giving money to Achmed for more gasoline!

NEVER align yourself with people that actually drive gas powered freedom mobiles again, you could not be lower on the totem pole

eh looks like it could do 120 if i had a long enough road. its at a better rpm than the fiesta st at 80 due to the gear ratio.

1.0 3cyl

Attached: cat~01.jpg (346x288, 21K)

But I spent the same money and have effortless power. Sucks to be a cuck.

you didn't specify whos the cuck there bud.

anyway, night Veeky Forums thanks for participating in my new car hype thread. even if its just a 3 banger its mine and i like it :3

Wow, that engine is like the size of two for my cylinders.

What was the competition?

Stop samefagging, fuck off, and die.

>1.0 3cylinder turbo

Are these things even availible in Freedomland?

>tfw 7.6L
That engine is barely the size of 1 of my cylinders

Attached: 0314182315.jpg (4160x2340, 3.53M)

>7.6L that probably makes 150hp

Defend yourselves Americucks

OP here yeah i got it in US.
like what else was i looking at? basically other econocars like the civic, corolla, mazda 3 that kind of thing.

gonna go enjoy a drive around the city and barely move the gas needle.

All of the base ecoboost Fords pull surprisingly hard. Props to Ford for making all of their turbo cars fun to drive.

Congrats on your purchase OP. I think it will be a good car in the long run, since there’s so many on the road, finding parts in the future should be easy, should anything go bad.

not even close. build goal is at least 500 horsepower and 550+ pounds of torque

> *at 650rpm*

Wow nobody cares.

This is a thread about econocars.

>implying anybody gives half a fuck about your 0.1L econoshit

Good luck
SE interior is literal garbage with hard plastics creaking every time you hit a bump and once the excitement of a new car wears off it becomes just as boring and soul sucking as any other econobox

I only made it 1.5 years with my '16 SE before I wanted to kms out of boredom and traded it in for an ST
You fucked up my guy

All 5spd manual Focus use a MTX-75 which are made in Germany at the Cologne transmission plant.

Even my '09 which was only sold in North America. The Cobalt uses a Getrag F23 as well.

Attached: 100_0830.jpg (1024x768, 237K)

Thanks for the info. I noticed the interior material isn't the greatest but its not that bad. I'm actually really impressed with the display on the dash and instrument cluster, and the climate control buttons and all that. I mean for a car that costs me as much new as a used corolla or civic, im happy. Btw i have an ST this is just my daily now.

Its a UK 6 speed transmission probably a getrag or something. I've had a mtx-75 though in a contour SVT. it was decent.

too bad the average american can't fit in it

I just looked it up, I found is that the 1.0L Ecoboost for the Focus is made in Romania.

media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2016/focus/2016-Ford-Focus-Tech-Specs-FINAL.pdf

But yes, the B6 manual is made in Halewood, UK. And I never said anything to contradict that, just pointing out to that guy that many US compacts use euro transmissions.

well the manufacturing docs that came with it say the country of origin is germany for the engine. might be different for the 2018, you linked a 2016 and also they might be made in more than one place.

>spending 16k on a new 1.0 shitbox
Laughingwhores.jpg

Yeah, I see they're made in Cologne as well. Looks like you lucked out not getting a Romanian version.

Can't stand the sound of 3 cyl tho.

>1.0 3cylinder turbo
why the fuck are you even here holy shit, it's a glorified bicycle

>1.0 3cyl
what type of mpgs we talkin about here?

nice
yeah its rougher for sure but i don't mind it personally.
probably looking at around 35 average. well see though. today i drove 100 miles and burned a quarter tank.

>0.1 half-cylinder turbo

Attached: 1493148846755.gif (240x135, 1.92M)

> 15k out the door

that 15k is gonna be wasted in about 2 years when it starts shitting the bed. like seriously dude, paying that much for a ford sedan lololololol

I've had for almost 10 years/165k and have only had to replace the battery, a sway bar endlink, a headlight(replaced both while I was doing it) and the front brakes.

yeah cause the older focuses were made better, keyword "older"

newer ones are garbage and your tranny is gonna rip in a year.

fuck off idiot.
its a manual and its the smoothest ford manual i've had so far.
it'll be fine in 10 years.

except you'll knock up some bitch and she'll cuck you into a crossover. just kys. you're obviously not an enthusiast. why are you even here?