/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Pickle kisses!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

What accents do people use when erping in monhun rooms. Can you share some palico examples. I want to get my Neko game down perfect for the World voice chat.

I'm glad mainline didn't take the bazaar system from MHO

What was it like? Never heard of it.

Do you think World will have ayylien monsters?

Post the brighter version
also no, it's gonna have a dragonfly star monster

I never even mentioned relics, I don't have a problem with relics other than people only ever hosting quests for GS relics, I just think 140 GQs should have given out a few more charms if they insisted on having GQ exclusive charms to begin with. The rates on good charms are bad enough without you only getting like 3 of them per run of the hardest content in the game.

fuck off retard. delete your post and keep your autistic screeching against another autist in the old thread

Don't have it.

Is it healthy to want to cuddle/mate with monsters?

World seems to have a sort of "star" theme going on. You can see an object coming down from a star in the sky, and getting embedded in the earth. And then in the center you can see a monster bursting out from underground when a star shines in the sky.

Looks like you haven't cleared a GQ in a while, a Dual Rajang very often rewards more than five Gravens.
Charms aren't necessary at all, you can do anything with a no-skill three slots charms, G gear has insane stats and full star knight can get all the essentials with C+2 on top of it.

Regardless of whether or not they're real, no.

gotchu covered

Has anyone ever gotten a perfect hbg relic? Seems almost impossible.

Gurenzeburu for world!

Ayyliens?

You could say the monsters are the stars of the game

Galactic Rathalos!

Wearing nothing but star knight gets pretty boring man. Fact is that if you wanna branch out beyond that, charms become a necessity. Every game has its pity set for people with no good charms.

>google monster hunter aliens if someone has made some concepts
>gore is a minority
>tetsucabra has a good number of results
w-what does it mean

Yeah, they're only marginally better than Destinty's Arm, you get RNG shots on top of RNG stats so you have to be double careful but you can get a three slotted weapon with the 3 more display raw, 5% more affinity and base "Some" recoil.
Not worth farming but a delicious surprise.
Same as pre-tri except you get to build more sets if you drop any charm, don't see the problem, full star knight is only assuming you don't have any charm and not even ASS, and literally no-one has NO charm.

Lots of "5s" in the mural too, 5 lunar phases, 5 wyverns in the middle, 5 stars in the hand, 5 stars on the top left wyvern, 5 sea serpents underwater, 5 zones on that globe.
Clearly this game isn't monster hunter 5 tho.

Fun fact, the falling star has 5 speed lines

>World seems to have a sort of "star" theme going on.
DALAMADUR CONFIRMED

Reminder that as switch sales are 10x lower than PS4, the next mainline will be a 3DS exclusive.

Reminder that switch sales are low because of the fact that people don't care about MHXX anymore now that MHW is well on its way.

you still don't get it do you?
capcom burned the bridge. it's over.
MH will never be on a nintendo platform again. that is why no localization will happen for X.

>in japan

japan doesn't matter

>and literally no-one has NO charm
I didn't get an upgrade over a no skill OOO charm until I was 700 hours into the game
That's what happens when you fall for the "don't farm charms, use what you have" meme

'The fuck were you doing in these 700 hours? You get charms dumped on your face anytime you clear a GQ/G3

Popularity kills communities. Newfags are a necessary evil, but too many newfags at once changes the entire dynamic.

That's how RNG works

Doesn't make it bad, it's not required, unlike rare mats, and you can trade for these.

nah, that area is definitely somewhere in the northmost regions of the world
however those crags look similar to the ones found around the sky corridor..

Sounds like a country and immigration

mainline MH now belong to PC

It's the same problem, yeah.

I want to be a monster (female)

Will you be my valfalk fuck toy?

Those 5 monster symbols at the center makes me think that they're gonna make their World version of fated four monsters + 1 monster to command them

Yes if that stops your shitposting

It was my first post in the thread though. I haven't even started.

I am the Flagship of the Ancient Forest, fear me

It's not worth it

how low?
using 4gb ram, intel g2020 2.9GHz and Nvidia
GeForce GT 630 here.....

Is /mhg/ gay?

/mhg is just full of shit

M-maybe...

I know what you're going for but if you use your imagination you can faintly make out the classic front pose of Rathalos

I'm gay for Blanche! And maybe Aria too if I've had a few to drink.

>find a small time mh streamer
>join up on his stream
>we converse like people
this is quite nice, i hope he finds some popularity

Define small. MH streams rarely go higher than 20 viewers at a time. Mostly due to the recent games being on 3DS and impossible to capture for everyone but the most enthusiastic streamers.

He's at that level, currently doing a 24 hour marathon because he got 1000 followers, which is just great imo.

Is it Mai? I've been tempted to join him but I really don't feel like playing XX anymore.
Why can't everyone come back to 4U?

it's nydingus, he plays a lot of 4u but xx atm cause of a marathon.

kek that dude is gonna fall asleep any second now

yeah it's quite funny, carting to a kut-ku

In this picture funny now as it was 2 months ago?

It's a shame chink hunter online is so shit.

MHW looks better than that desu

Should you shell and have art in Gen? I mean it's a HR game.

It's a matter of personal preference.
I run artillery god lvl 5 normal shell-only fullburst GL set.

Never

Go for the regular crit set, shells are so nerfed in Gen that they're a waste of time

I don't really like full bursting. What weapon?

So good old pokes. What about styles?

Striker
AR,Heat Art,AE/Jumpslam

not pokes, abuse the adept counter, while full bursting until you get to red heat. the rest of GL's moveset is really weak but the adept counter is a total 90 MV +heat gauge bonus.

Blue Devil.

Any good HBG set for HR I should focus on MHXX?

Wow I can't get the timing of the adept guard at all.
The heat gauge is a disgrace.

How does the perfect guard interact with guard skill also?

no

Acts like free Guard+2. I don't think it allows you to block stuff that requires Guard Boost though.

It's more than+2

Is there anything GL can't block with Guard+2?
I know that CB needed G+2, red shield AND GP at the same time in 4U to block a Tigrex's roar without chip damage. But that's because CB guard is a tier below lance guard.
But yeah, it does effectively give more guard than G+2, seeing how CB with no skills or shield buff can block anything. I just assumed it was virtually the same as G+2 for lances, since I don't really use either of the lances that often.

Guard does nothing for adept's perfect guard, except for if you miss the timing. Just don't miss the timing.
In gen/xx, you need guard+2 to block lots of stuff if you're not using adept. However, deviants and hypers ignore guard+2 anyway.

>deviants and hypers ignore guard+2 anyway
That's the dumbest shit.

>However, deviants and hypers ignore guard+2 anyway.
Huh?

Tigrex raor chips through guard+2 with GL.

The heat gauge would've been great if they didn't gimp the base MVs. I don't know why they felt the need to make it anything but a straight buff when other weapons have massively damage buffing HAs of their own.

>P3rd isn't localized
>'fuck Sony!!!'
>XX isn't localized
>'fuck Capcom!!!'
Huh...

Yeah? There were tons of Capcom talks about localizing P3rd then Sony butted in.

Nintendo has no reason to not localize XX, since they just did it with Stories and World isn't coming to the Switch so they can have something else.

>fuck Capcom!!!

If I were Sony in 2011, I wouldn't have helped Capcom to port the AHP patch on my on expense when it's supposed to be the other way around and when knowing that MH3G and MH4 are skipping my new shiny handheld.

Switch sales aren't low though...

Their attacks are so strong you get chipped anyway. Hypers especially.

Do you get fucked by multihits attacks with the adept guard? Stuff like Uragaan's fire fart.

You can chain adept guards. Really fast multihit is tough though.

Nah. If the attack is in a certain tier, it will be fully blocked, regardless of the nominal damage it would do if you took it head on.

Uragaan's fire fart was a single hit attack the last time I checked. Maybe they changed it in Gen, but I haven't really used Guard Boost in that game.
But yeah, generally what said.

I also sometimes take a FUCKTON of damage from Hellblade Dino's spin. More than from facetanking. Despite clearly proccing a just guard the moment it hits me. Oh, and it's always the second spin, the first one blocks normally. It's weird.

>Uragaan's fire fart was a single hit attack the last time I checked. Maybe they changed it in Gen, but I haven't really used Guard Boost in that game.
It's always been two hits, you don't need guard boost. I got fucked enough with Lance's normal counter.

Did you just say
ALIEN
MONSTERS

>enjoying a good monster rape in the corner of the area, away from literally everything
>an apceros comes across the entire map
>just to fucking hit me
>literally fucks up everything
>monster turns the rape table on me
>faint

who made them like this