Putting racing seats in a miata shitbox

>putting racing seats in a miata shitbox
>putting a roll bar in a miata shitbox
>its clearly shorter than your head

jesus christ is this the millenial's version of mexicans "slamming" their shitboxes by just adding cheap bondo aerokits and oversized spoilers which the car would never reach speeds to even make use of

Attached: Capture.jpg (1183x787, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ks8HX3Wyzu4&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=r3u6576r1ZQ&feature=youtu.be&t=700
r6-forum.com/forums/46-general-discussions/164432-4-5-gallon-gas-tank-i-think-not.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ha ha, great post OP!

That's not funny that's how Frolo died.

you have too much time on your hands if you care this much about what 18 year olds do with their cars

i randomly saw it on youtube, decided to make an Veeky Forums thread because of the juxtaposition of it being a shitbox miata, initially i thought it was some trustfunding in an actually expensive car but near the end he shows a rear view of it

what I'm trying to say is it's a waste of energy to worry about what other people are doing with their cars. there's always going to be people doing things that are tasteless wastes of money, but it's fun and fulfilling for them, so why bother?

>on this board
>calling it a waste

i was hoping Veeky Forums could either refute idiots using roll bars taht are shorter than their heads or racing seats w/ 5 point harnesses or offer a pro/con of them

instead you're the one sperging out

A roll bar in a convertible is just common sense, but full race seats and harnesses are kinda stupid, yeah, as well as illegal. The deeply bolstered reclining bucket is where it's at.

>as well as illegal

i was thinking about that too, if he lives in a state without vehicle inspections can he technically get away with it?

if you're really going to be this autistic you would be complaining about how he's using a roll bar with no helmet on... in the event of a rear ender with a helmet he would be okay

if he flipped with a helmet on and a sufficient roll bar his head would hit the ground but the roll bar would take most of the impact

if you're going to be a judgmental faggot at least do it right

you can get away with it in almost every state

Probably, unless he's pulled over. However, it stems from a "common sense" law, harnesses are not compatible with normal crash safety features and he's not in a full cage with a helmet and HANS so they're actively making him less safe. I wish there were more companies like Schroth making anti-submarining harnesses so these kids would be less likely to kill themselves.

dear Mr. Sperg

roll cages are not illegal and will not fail you for inspection even in california

Best regards,
user

i also just saw a video prior where he actually put these in themselves, all the comments are ppl saying its stupid af

who
cares

is it any more dangerous than riding a motorcycle?

do you think we should outlaw motorcycles?

Roll bars aren't there to keep your head from hitting the ground, they're there to keep your cabin space large enough for a human.

Aren't harnesses illegal? Wasn't talking about cages.

not if you still have the original seat belts still installed

there is a law for helmets in a motorcycle you faggot

also i just saw another faggot, this one with actually 3 million followers making a video about his racing seats (in a shitbox 1990's 3 horizonal slit rear view lights mustang)

he brags about how the 6 point harness seat came all in 1 piece for safety...then 1 minute later he tells us how he took the fuckin thing apart so he could install some shitty suede liners on the buckle cutouts with his faggy youtube channel name on them....

jfc, 80s/90s mexican shitbox bondo aero kits and spoilers atleast never had any inherent negative impacts on the survival factor of you operating the vehicle

I agree if the guy rolls over and crushes his head so let it be but what op is trying to say is not to do same shit and follow, just trying to fit in with the racer crowd and muh style points, because they're a lot of young ignorant people

If you flip a miat without a roll bar you're dead.
If you flip a miat with one, even without a helmet, you have a chance.
It's an objective safety net increase.

>there is a law for helmets in a motorcycle you faggot
not in every state

>also i just saw another faggot, this one with actually 3 million followers making a video about his racing seats (in a shitbox 1990's 3 horizonal slit rear view lights mustang)
your autism is slinging

he brags about how the 6 point harness seat came all in 1 piece for safety...then 1 minute later he tells us how he took the fuckin thing apart so he could install some shitty suede liners on the buckle cutouts with his faggy youtube channel name on them....
you can always put them back together and if you cant but have 3 million youtube followers you can afford someone else that can

>jfc, 80s/90s mexican shitbox bondo aero kits and spoilers atleast never had any inherent negative impacts on the survival factor of you operating the vehicle

take a breath sweetheart

wtf?

a roll bar when installed by a car manufacturer is flush with either the roof or even in this case the removable top

but this roll bar (which i bet he also installed himself) clearly fits underneath the roof which is on at the end of the video as he pulls off

cheap miatas are hard to come by nowadays... the only reason i clicked on this thread was because i was searching for miata general and I wanted to complain that theres no decent miatas for less than 4k right now

i know a high school kid can afford 4k in certain circumstances but its not going to be most kids first cars like it was 8 years ago

Open top vehicles don't have sheet metal in them to keep you from hitting your head on the ground, when your car is upside down you'll slide up easily 6 inches in a tight fitting seat and seat belt. I don't own a car that I can't ram my head into the roof of while belted in.
Once again, roll bars are not to keep you from hitting your head on the road, they're to keep your cabin space open.
Helmets are to keep you from hitting your helmet on the road, and the glass, and the steering wheel, and the roll bar

>hey guys i bought these super illegal things but made sure to mention how these come all pre built so you're more safe....SO I WENT AHEAD AND NEGATED THAT INHERENT "SAFETY" TO ADD SOME SHITTY COSMETIC BELT HOLE FABRIC :3

are you mad every time you see someone on a motorcycle because they're giving up their safety for a little bit of style or a little more fun?

get off your pedestal and post your base model honda fit that your parents bought you

lanklets when will they learn

Not him, as I get older I appreciate safety more than I did as a kid.
But safety is an individuals responsibility.
And safe operation is the most important aspect of safety.
Safety equipment is best left unused, and only the least hindering equipment should be used. If your operation is hindered by your safety equipment you're more likely to need it, making you more likely to be maimed than killed. But I'd rather not need it at all by just not having an accident.

does this video upset you?

youtube.com/watch?v=ks8HX3Wyzu4&t=0s

these guys are being DANGEROUS and SPEEDING with NO seatbealts and having FUN

>FUN
>FUN
>FUN

fun.
you should try it out sometime

You better buy one now before every single one is crashed or riced to hell or you can just get one and restore it back to factory depends how much you want to spend and involve your time

That guys incompetence is kinda cringy.

let kids do dumb shit with cheap cars

your neck/spine will be crushed no matter if you wear a helmet or not

when you're inside a non-convertible car you clearly know that the top of your head is no where near the roof, and any roll cage installed will fit flush to the top.

the same goes for a convertable, but if you have to always ride with the top down cause your head is already touching the fabric roof its already less safe, so the idea of fucking race harneses in an already slow af shitbox, but also adding a rollcage that offers zero support is stupid (which isnt standard on most shitbox convertibles btw and wasnt on this 90s miata he has)

shit even the fucking newer porsche 911's turbos that are convertible, or even the boxers or careras have any roll cages and those are fucking faster than this shit box

so ADDING a roll cage to appear cool when even its practicality isnt viable because you're taller than the car is suited for is fucking stupid

so back to my fucking original point, its a millenial's fucking version of spics in the 90s with cheap bondo spoilers and aero kits

Let anyone do what ever they want with their vehicles.
Your ideas of safety are your own, and no one elses.

>incompetence
go ahead chair rider tell me what he's doing wrong

>giving up their safety
>the entire video is bragging about how harness seatbelts and bucket racing seats are "safer"
>roll cage that is shorter than your actual headroom
>proceeds to install it themselves in their driveways

this upsets me cause he ended up keeping his shitty loudfag engine bike thats slower and less fun than a Zero

youtube.com/watch?v=r3u6576r1ZQ&feature=youtu.be&t=700

>shitbox
You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

To be fair it might just be there was no taller option, although in that case I would take it to a fabricator or something and have some inches added to it. Speed is kinda irrelevant though, if I owned a roadster I would want a roll bar regardless of it having 400 or 100 hp.

not the same guy and zeros are literally aids but i want one

that said an r6 can go across the country without stopping except for gas , the zero has to stop and charge every 100 miles

>so guys while installing my roll bar i noticed it was a bit short, so i went back to the hardware store and picked up some additional wooden planks until it looked tall enough, i made sure to secure it with a few extra bolts i had laying around, one of them doesnt have a washer cause i couldnt find it but its okay i think its much safer now.

anyways leave a like and a thumbsup if this helped you look cool as you hold back traffic on some random backroad in your shitbox

r6-forum.com/forums/46-general-discussions/164432-4-5-gallon-gas-tank-i-think-not.html

Uh, like, a metal fabricator, someone whose welds I could trust, replacing/adding to the vertical tubing.

not reading that but filling at r6 with gas every 100 miles for 2 minutes is going to be faster than charging a zero with a fast charger for an hour

>18 years old
>calling him a millennial
wrong

>Implying anyone here remembers frolo

Not to mention the current shit trend seems to be HIDs and cut springs, not faux-racer stuff.

dear fucking god i was right

Attached: Capture.jpg (725x664, 92K)

All new open top vehicles are required to have a roll bar, most only pop up in the event of an accident.
Hell the e36 convertible had them.

I'm also not sure if you're aware, but the human body isn't immovable, and it's not rigid either.
Helmets are what you use to protect yourself from the ground, not roll bars.

I just went out and sat in all my cars for you.
I'm 6' tall. So not tall by any measure.
In my Lotus my head is barely over a fingers width from touching the roof. So maybe 3/4" away. While belted in I can slide up and look out the roof if the t-top is out.
Same goes for my Porsche, barely over a fingers width of room between my head and the roof.
My z3 with factory roll bar in it, my head is 3 fingers from the soft top, and the roll bars are far enough back that the top is shorter where they are, meaning my head is slightly above the factory roll bars.
And my Jeep I have a whopping palms width. Which is about 4.25 inches of head room. When belted in I can bounce and slam my head on the roof.
Go out to your cars and report with the same information.

>Tfw want a proper bar
>Not that bolt on bullshit, but welded to the floor and in through the rear to the chassis rails
>Cuts off 2 inches of seat travel
>I'm already on the last click
>Charges less for the whole shebang than importing a hard dog bar
I don't trust a bar that's just bolted onto the 1mm steel, but I also don't want the windshield to taco my face while the road grates my brains.

driving any car built in the 90s in 2018 is a shitbox

a mid 90s mustang isnt a fucking classic

they're the same fucking design for 10 years cause Robocop drove one in 1987 with the vertical lines until 96 when they went to the 3 horizontal rectangular lights which have pretty much stuck since

same with a miata, buy the fucking bond bmw convertable from goldeneye and atleast look cool and less like a fag

except you can recharge the batter while regen coasting and if you're driving across country there will be a ton of hilly roads

But you trust a bar that's welded to that same steel?
You bolt a roll bar on with backing plates. Jeep wrangler roll bars are bolt on, and believe me if you ever took one out you'd think they;'re just for show.
But the stats show, one of the most rolled vehicles in America is one of the safest on the roads. A lot of years there is not even a single traffic fatality in wranglers, and they're one of the most popular cars on the road, and they're frequently in single vehicle accidents. (Like rolling over)

when did moot buy a miata?

>millenial
Nigga ricers were doing exactly this shit back in the 90s

>while belted i can slide

the belt tightens in an emergency because of electronics

these shitty harnesses don't because they have to be hand tightened

electric bikes are notoriously terrible on highways and most of the US is flat... you're not regenning enough energy to compete with internal combustion

i cant wait until electric bikes can do such a thing but its about 15-20 years off minimum

most of the regen on electric vehicles is off of braking

I don't think anyone's said the harnesses aren't stupid, this is just in the context of roll bars.

That may be the case in Jeeps, but the NA MX5 isn't built like a brick shithouse.

hey there viewer, never fear cause (insert sponsor here) sent out their brand new totally safe all-in-one roll bar and im going to install it now with just 2 trusty screws, its super easy

remember to CRASH that like button and BURN ALIVE AS U STRUGGLE TO UNDO ALL YOUR MEMEHARNESS BELTS that subscribe button

They don't tighten under a fast grab, they lock in an accident.
Have you ever been in an accident?
3 point belts are not safe by any measure, they're just a compromise between ease of use and safety.
In my jeep a tightened exploded belt might keep me from slamming my head into the ground in the event of an accident, but that would only be if I hit something before rolling.
In my porsche and lotus no dice. I don't care about a locked seat belt, I can still move up and down.
And in my z3, my head's already slightly above the roll bar, and I'm barely not a manlet.

Of course not, regen braking is already inefficient, and it's only regenerating the portion that would otherwise take you over the speed limit anyway.
It's more a 'hey, let's not waste braking power we could convert to electricity' marketing kinda thing. It's there and it works, but meeeeeh.

who rides a motorcycle on a fucking interstate?

you fags always look for "twistys"

Also this, harnesses are not safe on the street, 3point locking belts have give before they lock saving your neck in an accident.

There's obviously going to be head on/side impact differences but backing plates are literally what proper cages use, they're worth looking into.

Attached: 647b8152f2fae84a35299e95e5511b6d3660e6e0_00.jpg (300x199, 14K)

>Twisties on a motorcycle
That's how you die.
Road conditions are widely varying and twisties are frequently surrounded by dirt roads.
Enjoy hitting an unexpected tiny amount of gavel mid corner and dumping it and sliding down the road on your back off the cliff face.
No one ever found your bike or body.

Attached: 2v3j8f4.jpg (638x429, 76K)

wrong, the app for the Zero lets you adjust the regen, the guy in the video literally says when he set it to 100% it literally feels like hes braking, so he only sets it to about 80% to mimic engine braking

and in another video a brit takes it out and literally said while he was driving he REGENED more than he used after about 10 miles and had a longer range than he initially had mid-way into the driving

it was only when he loudfagged it that it killed the range..which goes for any fucking car, a telsa, or a prius, once you go over a certain MPH (usually 60) you destroy your fuel economy

I'm a poor reader, I see that guy talked about bolted on plates, that's not at all the same.

here's a thing that hard to believe

motorcycles are more efficient at commuting than cars are

look outside of NA and there's a lot more motorbikes... less congestion, better mpg's, and lane splitting means less traffic times

motorcycles aren't just toys, I live in the US and once it starts being >50 degrees outside im on my bike ever day unless there's downpours

that said bikes are more fun than cars on twisty roads

Speed holes are old technology, get your speed windshields here!

Attached: 1353635703119.jpg (800x533, 135K)

Driver died.

Driver lived.

Attached: dkmbbtqmozlj8ucds5uf.jpg (320x240, 23K)

>not reinforcing the windshield

Attached: crash_hardbar3.jpg (720x540, 94K)

A full cage is different from a roll bar.
Most cages don't even reenforce the A pillars.

>obscuring your vision with tires

How someone could not secure those is beyond me.

>Drawing your vision with female passengers.

This is the point of roll bars. Could go on with examples like til the threads at image limit.

>look at places like china that have a fucking autismal population density which force bike usage just to get anywhere

i can drive my prius at the legal limit everywhere and only fill it up 2 times a month

>Vision
Who needs that.

Attached: 1286577629595.jpg (564x426, 42K)

>run custom nose with no lights for aero
>don't run a hood

one more

Attached: MazdaMiata.Flip_-620x620.jpg (620x620, 135K)

How did he manage to flip that on a fucking road course?

Probably flipped itself for having to wear those horrible wheels.

Attached: 1293865771855.jpg (640x480, 51K)

bottom line is a fucking half assed aftermarket roll cage is no different than a fucking aftermarket harness seat you installed yourself

that guy's head was probably destroyed based on the way the windshield is smashed in.

infact you can still fit a full proper roll cage that attaches the windshield and rear headrest and it would look like an open jeep and the convertible top would still fit was well

i just did a quick google search and welded cages start at about $2000

a quick search of these meme racing chairs w/ harness buckles are a few hundred dollars, so if you put in 2 you're near a grand for something that is minimally more safe than the standard seatbelt vs a (real) roll cage

and if your fucking taking your shitbox out drifting on the track, a roll cage should be the first thing you save up for, then buy seats

not street legal

>hauling your car to the track to use it

Might have slid and caught something off the track.

user claims the driver of that dark green one lived.

A roll bar is safer than no roll bar.
A dedicated drift car should have a full cage in it.
The vast majority of people who modify their cars aren't making dedicated drift or track cars.
They're just building a car that they think looks cool, is fun to drive, and can be safer than factory.
If I was a miata dude, and wanted to make my car safer, I'd get a bolt on roll bar, not a full cage. Factory new roadsters don't come with full cages, just roll bars.
Safety is a compromise. And the majority of the world isn't on your full cage fire suit helmet 5 point with HANS and halon system for every car idea.

did you even read the entire fucking OP?

i mentioned the comparison

>as well as illegal
Depends on where you live and drive. Some states in the u.s. it's legal, as long as the harness isn't shit.

damn, can the green car return home?

>custom nose
that's what a superbird looks like

Attached: 1486395077-dsc-0130.jpg (800x533, 98K)

Attached: 1519436537962.jpg (540x720, 132K)

Attached: 1508632409727.jpg (720x405, 98K)

Attached: 1505711470925.jpg (720x720, 31K)