/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous Timeloop Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BBCF 2.0 now out in arcades and consoles, featuring Jubei and a large amount of balance changes. No release date for PC, but coming soon.
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming in 2018, no platforms revealed.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Spectator's Guide to BlazBlue
docs.google.com/document/d/1iG2GfZouCfJ3kAzM1M9CkRrvZJWMGMxpA8bwwkTJSNw/edit
-Discord Links
pastebin.com/UM1rb5SJ
-CF2 Patch Notes Translation
docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032735
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember to order Mai's figurine:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032735

Play Weiss

The design of Mai's pants is actually inspired by hakama. They have side openings like Mai's pants held together with cords. The main difference is that hakama are loose while Mai's pants are tight.

I want to be Mai.

I want to marry Mai and start a family with her.

you know what to do guys

If mai isnt in cross tag I'll burn down arcsys

I hope that they'll add her.

I just want Kokopuffs desu.

I hope she isn't in it

I only want Sho, honestly.

Does platinum have hair on her pussy?

>STAND UNRIVALED
Jubei confirmed the most perfect BB character.

Yes, a bit of my hair leftover after I'm done pounding her loli pussy and nakadashi (nutting inside).

I want Mai and her loved ones to suffer

>posts Terumi image

As expected from an edgelord.

pls no rude

Other than EMBER, how do I choose a main? What exactly am I supposed to get from running the character specific tutorials? Note that this is my first fighting game, so the amount of choice is sort of overwhelming.

Ragna can go fuck himself.

The EMBER thing is a meme. You just play the tutorials and first 10 challenges of everyone, see who you like, then play the next 10 challenges of everyone you like. Eventually you'll narrow it down to a couple characters you're currently successful with, focus on those.

I should use the challenges to familiarize myself with the playstyles, have I got this right?
Gotta love how fast this general is when answering to a new guy's probably inane questions.

I really think Hazana will turn out to be an evil Kazuma

Because seriously, I have always wondered what the hell was going on with Hazana suddenly being split from Terumi when the two have been shown to be the same person

*Hazama

Yes, the tutorials introduce you and the challenges give you a guideline on how the character operates, at least in their basic combos. You can get creative from there, and you have to learn blockstrings and neutral elsewhere.

Should I try to remember the strategy part after the rest of the tut or do I do the challenges before trying to spend time learning the strategy?

Anyone plays Revolution Reburning here? Just curious

I honestly don't know what they go over in the tutorial, but if it's just talking about your character's gameplan you should put it off until you go through the challenges and find characters you actually want to play. You're going to learn what you need to get good regardless, as long as you're willing to put in the time.

Hazama split from Terumi because Plat-Trinity blast him Terumi out

Terumi's possession over Hazama is also not perfect either because of after effects from Nine's mind control sell back in the day, so in CT and CS Hazama and Terumi are mostly equal partners, whereas Kazuma-Terumi is a perfect merge until Terumi forcibly split to counter Nine

Kazuma became completely evil after meeting Terumi. And he was never good even before that.

Kazuma and Terumi were separate beings in the same body just like Terumi and Hazama. Terumi was able to avoid the effects of Mind Eater by telling Kazuma to do all the things that he was mind controlled by Nine not to do.

Kazuma before Terumi is not fully human. Relius just did a shoddy job on him. He's not even a grimoire like Hazama

You don't know what you're talking about. Of course Kazuma wasn't human; he was an Azure Grimoire just like Hazama. It's why he got sick whenever he was close to Celica.

EU lobby up

What are the coolest and lamest Asstroll Finishes according to random anons?

Carl's Original Astral.

>coolest
Probably Izanami

>lamest
Both of Carls, original and newest

Can anybody offer some general advice against Azrael? He sure gives me some trouble. I get keeping him out is the best strategy but I don't know what to do if that fails. Once he gets in and starts a blockstring it feels like everything is a frametrap, and I have no choice but to block for the next week until he eventually catches me with a high/low

The coolest are Amane's and Relius'. Any other option is wrong

How would Ragna deal with being Isekai'd?

He will be back. The Chronophantasma amnesia didn't last neither

Isn't that CF's beginning?

dodge all azrael players
dodge all arakune players
dodge all susanoo players

Barrier guarding + go check what cancels into what on dustloop's frame data

>Azrael
>Susanoo
>scared of unga

Why this fanbase hates pacifists? Aside from waifufags, Noel and Celica are treated awfully

nothing wrong with being pacifist

noel and celica are just straight up retarded tho, big difference

Celica and Noel are poorly written braindead stupid characters. Blame Mori for his shit writing. You can't look at these characters objectively and say those are good characters.

Wonder why? The fanbase has thousands of these "anime writing critics".

Celica was shoehorned into CP and somehow still managed to not actually accomplish anything throughout her entire stay, and Noel started out obnoxious as fuck before getting some proper development and then being reverted right back to being retarded. people don't hate them because they're pacifists, they hate them because they're obnoxious all the time that they're on-screen.

Define obnoxious then, if it is not for their pacifism.

Celica is not the only culprit of being shoehorned and that honestly is subjective

>Define obnoxious then
In Noel's case, it's mostly just whining throughout all of CT, CS, and CF. In CP she actually grew a spine and didn't whimper anytime she was confronted, but that was the only time that was the case. It's the reason why CF Mu seems relatively mature in comparison to the way Noel acts in that game. Unfortunately even after their merge, Noel didn't end up gaining back those traits and just stayed the clingy little sister who acts all cutesy and shit.
For Celica, she was given the absolute worst character traits imaginable. She's liked by everyone who isn't an irredeemable villan, and has the whole "gets lost easily" to provide the most low-effort humor imaginable along with an excuse for Ragna to stay around her all the time despite her contributing absolutely nothing.

>Celica is not the only culprit of being shoehorned
She wasn't the only character who was shoehorned in, but she was the only one that was completely ineffectual despite the amount of screentime given to her.

Pretty much this. The biggest problem with Celica is that, for all the story tries to "prove" she's important, she is pretty much chaperoned throughout the story and remains mostly ineffectual. The one thing of note she does in CF directly results in her death.

As for Noel, what makes her hated is that her characterization zig-zags for the sake of the plot. She gets an ounce of resolve one moment only for it to disappear the next, and whatever "spine" she grew in CP disintegrates as part of the villains' plot an act or two later. There needs to be some permanence in development for a character to be likeable, so that they don't just go back and forth like a doll with a wind-up string in its back.

You try keeping a straight face when everyone is always targetting you for their plans.

And you skipped over the part where I brought up permanence. You'd think looking back over her own weakness in a place of relative safety would give her the idea to make something more of herself, to seek out a way to toughen up so she isn't so easily tossed around again.

Rachel may have been a degrading bitch back in CT, but you have to admit she had more of a point in her Arcade commentary for Noel. There has to come a point where enough is enough -- either she gets with the program or she gets tossed.

Come to think of it, seeing as she's the closest thing the Origin has to a mimeosome, you think those flaws apply to it as well?

Honestly Lambda is probably the most functional human being out of all the Sayas

When I applied those same flaws to the Origin, people defended her. IMO she is far more annoying than Noel for them, because the Origin endangers everyone and it's partially her fault that everything happens

Not doubting you, but care to elaborate? And I don't mean the cooking; that goes without saying.

Good, so it's not just me.

What really bugs me is that the story is basically repeated with only minor changes, instead of exploring the broader range of possibilities; instead of just trying to find a possibility that adheres to its own fantasies and desires, it should have tried to orchestrate the possibilities that already exist to keep the damage to a minimum. Just because you don't like the role forced upon you doesn't mean you can't try to adapt to it, but that's not what happened, was it?

Sooner or later we will get Unlimited chars, since there still unused content in the game that shows it

Reminder that Relius got away with everything.

She's not really dependent on Ragna, likes him in a pretty normal way, has some nice interactions with others and yeah, she can cook normal food

Also to be fair for the Origin, she's the target of Susan/Terumi's hatred who is supposed to work in tandem with her.

But the Origin seems to care more about being saved than the fact she is being targeted by Susanoo. If Ragna had not done anything about it, I'm pretty sure the cycles would have continued

Jubei's more straight-forward than I thought.

Jubei is the most overrated thing ever. I still don't get why everyone demanded for him to become playable

How do you think he's overrated? Nice change of pace from the usual titty monsters.

Because of the major outrage every single time he was skipped.

He really should have been added earlier imo. We even got Celica who can't fight (and Mori twist this by having her robot fight, but whatever) before him

They've been hyping him up as strongest since the first game but hadn't released him yet. Don't understand the contrarian views towards his release.

Is there some reason for Terumi's personality changing completely once he puts on Susano'o?

More if there is a reason for his personality when he is not using it

People's hate make Terumi stronger and bind him to the world and make him virtually immortal, so he acts like an asshole to everyone for that

He doesn't need to after getting Susan back, because he's a true god at that point

Because he was built up to be the strongest thing ever, so they wanted an easy auto-win character, not realizing that all that'll happen is it'll gonna downplay how strong he's supposed to be and ruin the hype and mystique about his power

I'm a retard and meant to reply to

*blocks your EA*

nice is that a new hakumen guessy?

stop pretending to be retarded

It's the only way I know how to communicate. I'm just an under educated shit poster with too much time on my hands.

>Tao irl

Bleh. This is no Platinum.

You're right, she's much cuter.

>functional human being
>still acts and talks like an autistic robot

I think it's retarded that a fucking cat is presented as the strongest creature in the planet. It was rather funny that the "strongest" spent the entire game series jobbing though.

Just because she doesn't have a developer personality and her entire appeal is that she is bland as shit doesn't mean she's a "functional human being", dumb lowt.

bump

>MMM VIOLENT WIND
I heard that somewhere.......

You have 30 seconds to explain why you won't be maining White Rose in CTB.

because im maining yang + TBD

Hakumen will be in the game

Does anyone have a pic that proves Izanami has no feet? Need it for a friend.

What do you mean, pleb?

no the other one.

i can't beat azrael on hard mode

Terumi's personality is the same, his style of speaking just changes. Blame the suit. It happens to Jin too. Plus Terumi gets all high on how strong he is once he reclaims it.

This is official art, she has feet, that's the end of it

What is the explanation for the change of VA for Jin and Terumi?

Jin doesn't get a VA change

I forgot. Kakihara is such a great VA. I kind of wish he had used his Jin voice for a certain Yandere CD Drama. The one he actually used wasn't quote as good