This probably belongs in the QTDDTOT but fuck it...

This probably belongs in the QTDDTOT but fuck it, I'm wanting to purchase a car with a manual transmission but I've never driven a manual transmission. I've got a car in mind, and I was going to have a friend go with me to show me how and also have a second person to look at the car, but we both work full time jobs and we haven't been able to set a time to go for weeks. Should I just contact the seller and see if he will test drive it with me and make sure I don't stall out or something? Should I take it alone and hope for the best? I've heard from some people that I will probably stall it out, and others say you can just get in and go. I know how manuals work for the most part but I've just never field practiced it. Halp

Attached: synchromesh-transmission.png (605x350, 26K)

Private sale? The seller probably won't appreciate it if you wind up driving like a total noob, which you probably will at first even if you take to it quickly like a natural.

Yes private sale. That's what I was afraid of.

Well, if your friend can drive a manual then there's no shame in letting him do the driving to see if you want to buy it.

Or if he's that nice a guy maybe he'd let you practice on his car for a while until you got a sense of whether or not you think it'd be a good idea to do the test driving. Any manual car is going to have had the clutch slipped and been stalled out and the gears ground a little bit, even with a good driver, so it's not terrible if you're not perfect. But noobs have a way of making noob mistakes that make a person wince, and that's why people usually prefer that noobs learn on their junkmobile, not their dear love of a car.

I'd say get your shitty country to change the law so that you can only drive a manual car if you own a manual licence and then it would stop fuck tards like you stalling loads.

Therefore keep traffic flowing.

Attached: americanburger_istock_000012108834.jpg (620x465, 61K)

I can't remember the last time I encountered sombody stalling in traffic here. Although I must shamefully admit I stalled at an intersection a few weeks back despite decades of driving standard.

I blame drive by wire throttle.

Imying more laws are better. Fuck off back to your reverse colonized shithole.

Manual is absolutely over-rated. Don't waste your money on something that is not only out dated, but also takes the pleasure away from driving. It's 100% not worth it. I used to think it was "superior, the real way to drive, and better in every way". But the truth is, it's really not more fuel efficient except in older vehicles, it's not superior at all, because the cars you're going to get it on aren't going to be fast anyway, and everyone knows manual is for staying in lower gears, longer, for quicker acceleration, and finally, it's just a fucking pain. Have fun trying to stop at a stop sign on a slight incline, and having to worry about rolling backwards into the stupid asshole that stopped 3 inches behind you. Most manual transmissions are finicky anyway and have gears that they like to jump out of or not go into unless the clutch is depressed to 5/4ths the distance it's allowed.

Manual is only a viable, reasonable thing in motorcycles, where it's easy, smooth, and quick to shift. You don't have the same issues that you do with a car. Get an automatic, continue to enjoy driving.

What shithole do you live in?

get a load of this guy

2003 Corolla with 160k mileage for $3300. Already checked out the car and it's fine but needs some tuning. Should I bite? The seller is an arab guy. Idk if I should trust this fucker

>t. never driven a 80's or 90's shitbox with an auto
those cars are borderline non-functional without a standard transmission.
>gears that they like to jump out of
your clutch is roasted lmfao
>manual is for staying in lower gears for longer
lolno. Just because you can, does not mean you will do it all the time. I shift at 2-2.5k if I want to drive normally.
>muh slight incline
get good or use the hand brake

lolol remember 3-speed autos + shitbox oil crisis 4cyl engines?

>The seller is an arab guy
run the fuck away from that shit

What a moron.

>arab
the car is a ticking timebomb

He's a young middle class Persian guy if that helps.

Persians aren't Ay-rabs, son.

...same shit. Anyway, I told him I want it for 3000 and he wants 3400 and just lowered it to 3300.

I need a small truck for under $3k, what should i get? i need to be able to fit a 4wheeler in the bed and tow it, and tow an aluminum boat/trailer, and put a kayak in the back/on top. it will be a fishing/hunting truck basically, but i will also drive it around ~700 miles per week to school and back.

looking at frontiers atm, are they any good? would prefer a tacoma but they seem a little out of my price range. i have also seen a few early 2000s 4x4 f150s for around ~$2500, are they reliable? I don't know anything about trucks. thanks

A manual is still the most fuel effiencient gearbox you can have.
The values you see in new autos are just theoretical, because autos with 7th gear and even 10 gears will have longer gears, meaning that they CAN use less fuel on the highway, but in real life autos will just over rev the engine and the fuel consumption will be worst even if they are DCTs