/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Pro ladder delayed indefinitely
playgwent.com/en/news/7681/

>Thronebreaker story campaign teaser
[YouTube] GWENT: Thronebreaker | STORY CAMPAIGN TEASER (embed)

>Official Gwent competitions
[YouTube] GWENT: The Witcher Card Game | GWENT OPEN (embed)
[YouTube] GWENT: The Witcher Card Game | GWENT Masters (embed)

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
twitter.com/playgwent

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEzkqDhLIxE
youtube.com/watch?v=AjpmdDlXVPc
youtube.com/watch?v=2urb_ocVYdc
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9395441-gwent-the-witcher-card-game-gold-immunity-update
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dead game dead general

CDPR ARE AN INCOMPETENT COMPANY THAT HIRE REDDITORS TO BALANCE THEIR CARD GAMES

oh fuck i fucked the OP by copy pasting a Veeky Forums x link turned to title

here it is

thornbreaker:
youtube.com/watch?v=lEzkqDhLIxE

gwent open:
youtube.com/watch?v=AjpmdDlXVPc

masters:
youtube.com/watch?v=2urb_ocVYdc

>>>/hsg/

>Nilfgaard leaders don't have ''Emperor'' tags

booo

>NR leaders don't have "King" tags

Will monsters ever be a viable faction ever again?

weather will always be a viable part of the game

Once they add another 2 WH units, they'll be golden

Monsters don't even have an exclusive weather, ST can play weather better than monsters if they wanted to

>water hag spawns frost
there, t1 again

woodland spirit is a fuckhuge tempo swing especially with the new harpies. and monsters also have caranthir,imlerith,wild hunt hounds,foglets and drowners. now sure eithne is the best leader in the game and always will be and ST has some cool stuff like nature's gift but specifically for weather they are more suited for it

it's so easy going 2 cards up in r3 with mulligan it's not even funny anymore

so there is talk about a hotfix coming out, judging by the wording of the ladder delay post so does it sound like it's coming out before they start the ladder, and that it should be "within a few days"
they also updated the current patches patchnotes on the forum (even if i have no idea what they changed) but seems like they havn't changed anything in game as of now

has anyone heard anything more concrete about the hotfix?

no. there is no new information on the hotfix
CDPR has a pattern of saying an update/fix will come and they put all their eggs to that said update,they don't put even minimal effort to fix shit like wrong wording the the new season avatar rewards. a person reading what they wrote there would think only the top 20 players will get unmasked iorveth when he's a reward for rank 20

where are the good SK decks at?

There's 2 right now, the inconsistent discard pirate one that takes A LOT of set up

and boats

Apart from Milfgaard, what are some good new fun decks

40 card consume

>rather than just adjusting mork decks, they killed them

>adjust the queensguard until they are in a decent spot
>and then nerf them again to kill it

>run a good counterplay mechanic (being able to play bears to stave of fucking vicavaros that ruin your entire victory condition in one go) they instead completely remove the counterplay of them and instead make a value fiesta out of them that ruin an entire patch period
>and then kill wound decks by destroying the core victory condition of their decks

>ignore vicavaros to make sure skirmisher will NEVER be able to see play while leaving it as a "bad" card that people would not normally want to have in their decks, but need as a counter tech

>give discard a bronze that doesn't fit into the deck at all, since there's pretty much nothing good to actually discard
>nerf everything else in discard to kill it

>self wound is constantly getting minor buffs but it's broken at its core, which is never addressed

skellige has gotten nothing but cucked by every single fucking patch, the only time where they haven't suffered is from an accidental value fiesta that was SUPPOSED to be a nerf

i have played more skellige than all other factions combined, since way back in the closed beta, but man, it's current state is just so fucking underwhelming. but now they also tried to introduce a new fucking "veteran" mechanic without fixing any of the old ones? and they add a card with the move mechanic to skellige instead of giving it to monsters and a much worse sage?

>Monsters don't even have an exclusive weather
>Woodland Spirit
>Caranthir
>Water Hag

Things are looking up

>ST leaders don't have "Queen" tags

Good job getting 2 worst golds, only Letho and Baron left to complete to complete fucking shit collection

Don't be salty that Shup gave you 4 commons and a rare for your daily

I just realised Eredin doesn't have 'elf' tag, what the fuck

If you are worried about Vicovaro play the Skellige lock guy and the other Silver guy that spawn a Griffon.

All the actual discard need ATM is just one skirmisher to take back from the graveyard at R3.

They have 3 Vico and you have 3 skirmisher plus 2 cards to take them back from their graveyard.

Even if never ressed just by Veteran tag he could become a 14 Value (2 Veteran + 3 From unit that proc Veteran + 2 restore) so that Pirate becomes a 19 Value.

It's not a bad Deck and you can tech against your counter.

The problem is that is harder to play than Mulligan or ARM, Mulligan shit on you on term of value and R1 is really hard.

Mystake Dorregaray doesn't spawn Griffon.

You will have to probably use Sigfrida to Rez Donar if you are out of Skirmisher.

>it's not a bad deck
you're right, it's way, way worse than just bad
it's a bad deck round 1 and then it loses round 2 thanks to the vicavaros, all to set up a subpar (in all but the dream senarios) round 3

for scrim decks to be viable so would you need to build up a single skrimer to be able to constantly and consistently be able to benefit from the past ressurects, and strenthens, something vicavaros does not

also, if they got THAT many vicos they would never allow you to steal back the skrimer with donar, and instead steal a card >you take it back>the exact round after they would vico again for the card you took

as long as vicos are in the game, skrims will never see play in a tier 3 or higher deck

Are you legit retarded?

Do you not know what exclusive means?

Monsters don't have a weather that only they can play, frost should be a monster only thing.

Getting pretty tired of these armor cunts.

Does unlocking a locked fake Ciri work? I mean will it still behave as stated after you unlock it?

yes

I'm assuming no since she won't be a spy anymore.
>CDPR made the weakest card in the game even worse
Bravo

I am playing that Deck and I am constantly pulling out 3 Skirmisher and getting Restore.

The Deck is legit it's just have a weak R1.

The moment you go with Vico to rez my Shirmish I just need to get one in my hand to go with the chain.

On average I can put out a lot of value between Pirate that reach 19 Value when on the low value and Skirmisher go to 20+ easily.

The problem of the Deck is that the other out there are a lot more retarded.

Then talking seriously I want to see a Nilfgard player running 3 vico in their Deck and still have a nice match up against other Decks.

Back for a new patch
Get me some help because im indecisive fuck
new ves and ifrit any good?

>playing gravedigger monster
holy fuck this is fun

>(embed)

I guess I'm not allowed to go see my family for a day, because you fuckers are literally too retarded to even make a proper fucking OP.

>hurr durr just copy paste don't even read hurrr
>capitalization what's that?

Pick Ifrit.

Ifrit is still a pure power silver. Pick it.

get vigo

shes the best out of those three

Why would you lie to someone like that?

Nilfgaard does need to be nerfed along with NR and Scoia

got ves because animated and i have all silver slots already taken for monster decks

>movie card
You always pick them, user.

There is literally not one single Monster deck in which Fire Elemental is not the first silver I'd put in.

So mulligan nerf when?

Taking away gold immunity wasn't the problem
It was making bronzes better
Also stop fucking spamming agility unto cards for no reason

I really dont understand the rows anymore

Whats the point of a siege weapon when it's in ANY ROW

>Immune to hailstorm
>punishes tremors
>as sticky as trololol after one turn
>retains strength through rounds
Why aren't you lopping off three heads with one blow user?

This guy actually won me a game because the row he was in was forced to be hailstormed

He then fucking shot up like 17 points

My dick was so erect

NG bullies these cucks so hard its hilarious

when is this game going to be fun?

*gets locked*
Pshh nothin personal manlet

>moves you another row
nothing personal kid

I've got every leader transmuted except Scoia'tel

Fuck Scoia'tel

Does anyone know why Gwent Tracker won't start with Windows anymore since the patch?

it would be a shame if someone move it to another row...

ST has been fucking garbage for 3 months. You can deal with it until they get nerfed, user.

That's what I remembered happening. Still not fixed huh? I might try anyway just to check.

>Start gwent
>Xbox controller prompts
>Click mouse nothing happens
>Controller is off
>Turn on controller
>mouse and KB input work

What in the shit?

Agreed. They've taken agile as far as it can go.

Why the fuck am I running into so many 40 card decks? I don't understand.

>play against kambi broar trash

looks like its time to emote spam and rope again

I honestly don't think I've ever been Kambi'd and I've been playing since CB (though not a ton). I'm sure I'll get mad when it happens to me though.

>he hasnt faced 3rd to last card kambi, 2nd to last card broar for 5 pt deficit board wipe, then queensguard res

when it happens to you, you will remember that cdpr is a fucking incompetent company and they don't actually test the shit they put in the game

>*lightnings silently*

How does it feel to play the most unfun of card games?

Just ran into another 40 card deck.

If you lose to kambi you should probably go back to hearthstone desu.

>hehe if you lose to a card with binary counterplay you should leave

I play netdecks on casual and never good game. Are you doing your part to kill this game?

>locked, get rekt skeligiggle

Honestly not that hard to play around. Donar is one of the best locking silvers. You can run shackles too. And bouncing cards with decoy also removes lock. Each card that solves a lock is as good as an additional copy of greatsword.

>lol move it to another row / hurr my spy blocks your boat combo

Obviously decoy fixes everything, or play another boat, or just damage it with your other cards.

>just Alzurs bro

Yeah Alzurs + sage spam hurts. You have to rez through it until one sticks or plan b.

>NG plz no bully
Assassin is the same as alzurs but it can't be saged. Plus, NG loses to everything else.

It's catered to redditors

OMG IM NOT ROW STACKING SO SMART XD

No, if she's locked she loses the spying token thus won't come over, you'll have to re-enable it with an infiltrator

Kambi, NG will fuck you almost every time, unless they aren't running aukes for some reason. But it's fun as fuck and shits on Mulligan and in particular NR armour decks.

a

Mashed potatos and THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK gravy.

If you dislike redditors so much why don't you go over there and try to change their mindset instead of waving your dick and saying how much you are better than them.

hotfix when

Hopefully never. Bitch.

guys, I found THE new dwarf deck, and its f u n and i n t e r a c t i v e

>Tremors but no Marauders

>Cynthia reveals a 15 strength Eleyas

What's the problem with the Zoltan into Hailstorm interaction? Jotunn does essentially the same thing and it is a silver.

Why is gwent so not fun to play after patch? They doubled down on faggot op cards, they practically got rid of lanes making most units sit wherever you want, they removed gold immunity.
I don't think I have played against skellige even once after patch, it's just nr and scoiatel.

Who uses a monster deck anymore?

Gwent was a fundamentally flawed game since witcher 3. I don't know why so many are sucking its dick. Gwent should never have been concepted.

Except that he is completely dead if the row is already stacked where as Zoltan can simply de stack it, regardless of any other situation no matter what Zoltan will always, always get max valve so long as there are 3 units on the board regardless of where they are, how injured they are anything.

Vilgefortz, Leo Bonhart and Auckes shit on this deck so hard it's not even funny.

You can fuck off with your Donar when Vilge just burns your shit or Leo kills it.

Why is Burza so fucking shitty at his job? How they didn't fucking fire him yet?
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9395441-gwent-the-witcher-card-game-gold-immunity-update
>releases patch notes few days late
>they are still wrong and people have to correct him
But i guess spamming "NICE :D" on every second reddit thread and holding shitty meme signs on Gamescom is more important.
Why Gwent team is so fucking bad and full of hacks and amateurs?
Not to mention rethaz hired Garrunah and that one Gwentlemen guy. It's not a surprise that the game is so fucking shit now.

It's still a beta. It's not a fucking excuse for they incompetence, but is still a wip

Then maybe instead of fucking around they should move their asses and fix their management?
You could do few times more with many times lesser team if they were actually competent people.

The polish should stick to what they know, toilets.

not an good excuse, but cdpr were pretty busy the past few weeks with gamescom and pax.

Well apparently they weren't busy enough to not respond to dicksucking threads on reddit.
This is what happens when you let hacks work at your team.
They don't even have any real experience. Rethaz only made that shitty Mobile MOBA.

Did JJ always pass up Lifecoach in viewers? Never really noticed until now since he started streaming by himself again.

What's the point of having cards demote golds now?

Fuck this gay earth.
Nothing but milling and Radovid.

I fear they'll overnerf ST and leve NG and NR as they are.