What topics in history would Veeky Forums say are understudied?

What topics in history would Veeky Forums say are understudied?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_Wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

General Erwin Rommel
>master tactician
>easy on the eyes
>logistics wizard
>normies HATE him

The Barbary Wars.

Literally Americans vs Muslims in the 19th Century.

More reading: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_Wars

Why Montgomery was so awful. British historians hype the mong up so much. His stratagem was outdated and costly.

Dubya dubya deux

Oh wait read it wrong, I thought you asked what topics I didn't know shit about.

>>logistics wizard
yes, he makes supplies suddenly disappear

5th Crusade following Innocent III's call.

>ww2
>understudied

Wars in the holy roman empire definitely

Demographic history from a racial point of view. The history of indo-europeans.

Too taboo to study in modern times and all the older studies are horribly outdated. Let's hope archeogenetics leads to some interesting results.

Greek city states besides athens and sparta

Don't know if they're understudied but western countries' eugenics programs are pretty damn taboo subject. I mean several countries had them going until the 1970s and Hitler was inspired by American book on eugenics.

cultural spirituality

Polynesia pre-1800

>I am a meme poster who dropped out of college, so I wouldn't know the massive amount of literature about ____, therefore, ____ is massively understudied

Anything which is not about WWII.

As an American:
- Roman Empire during late antiquity
- Post Congress of Vienna/Pre-WWI Europe
- Post-Roman Pre-Renaissance Europe
- China
- The Caliphate
- Ottoman History

The latter because for the longest time, I never knew why Europeans were so desperate to get to China.

Absolutely it is the role of women (especially those of color).

You know they say, "Behind every great man, there's a great woman." When viewed through the proper lens, what we often find are very mediocre men whose successes should rather be attributed to the women!

There's a very strong case to be made that Rome's real rulers were its empresses. Sadly, western scholarship has tried at every turn to diminish their roles.

Thankfully this is changing with the new generation of historians who are discovering that history requires intersectionality.

>Ottoman History

We never talk about that because of all the butthurt balkanites and turks.

Ottoman invasion of Europe, specifically the Balkans. Shit, the entire history of the Balkans is almost completely forgotten in history studying.

who's the nigger on the pic

Dal Riata and the Kingdom of Alt Clud

Women have literally contributed nothing to civilization.

Trying too hard

I think dogs have contributed more to civilization than men.

Southern Italy

Unironically Africa before Europeans

Also Asia

Sojourner Truth. But this is just case in point of the failure of western education.

Historians disagree!

Surely this is pasta

Tbh one of the reasons the modern history of Italy is slept on is because it's an indictment of liberal democracy

Go on brother, this is interesting

South Asia and Southeastern Asia for sure.

For all that place has given us (rice, modern numerals, Buddhism, chess, sugar, chicken, etc.), it is criminally understudied or outright ignored in most history classes.

kek

History of non-center regions like Eastern Europe or the Caucasus. Later Ottoman history could use some studies too that aren't nationalist bullshit.

The Finno-Korean Hyperwar and the reign of Pharaoh WeWuz II of the Kangz dynasty are criminally underrated

white slavery

I mean, I don't claim to be an expert, but the last time that the political and social order of southern Italy was stable was under the authoritarian government of a monarchy (The Kingdom of Two Sicilies). Only once it was swept under the auspices of a Greater Italian Kingdom, controlled by a parliamentary government, was this order thrown out of balance.

Corruption and the 'representative' Italian government has been a meme since the beginning. It was a big enough meme for reactionaries to seize power in the 20's. As we know, this program failed and the a liberal government was forcibly installed in Italy, having been swept into the sphere of NATO. To this day, the government of Italy is a joke.

How were your midterms, friend? Are you on Veeky Forums because you are procrastinating? Should you be studying right now? Just because your classes are giving you anxiety doesn't mean you have to degrade others to relieve the pressure. Go do your homework. We'll be here for you when you get back.

The phenomenon that is a culture-wide infatuation with members of said culture.

Based choices.

I think that the history of the Bronze Age Near East and Mediterranean is fascinating and under-studied, especially the Mycenaeans.

That is fucking awesome, and I've never heard of that

>There's a very strong case to be made that Rome's real rulers were its empresses. Sadly, western scholarship has tried at every turn to diminish their roles
Naw dawg. Everybody knows livia poisoned everybody

Isn't the problem a paucity of period sources? We're talking about history, not archaeology.

I agree.

>the political and social order of southern Italy was stable was under the authoritarian government of a monarchy (The Kingdom of Two Sicilies)

The Kingdom of Two Sicilies was a shithole, the poorest, most backward country in Western Europe.

If you're going to criticize a country as corrupt (which Italy clearly is, no argument there) then you really shouldn't hold up the Kingdom of Two Sicilies as an example, given it was corrupt as shit too

Historians disagree

if you are talking about western history

>Hellanistic period after Alexander
>Byzantine Empire after Justinian
>Asian counties that aren't China, Japan, and Korea
>All of Africa

>- Roman Empire during late antiquity
always going to be swept up with "why did Rome die?" topics

>colonized by Greeks
>taken over by Romans
>threatened by Vandals
>conquered by Muslims
>raided by Vikings
>owned by the Aragonese (which will combine with Castile becoming Spain and fuse with the HRE)
>captured by the French
>kept by the Spanish
>ceded to Italy

pretty much everyone had a piece of it

The history of those fuckwits at southeast asia.

>American colonialism
>German colonialism (mostly myths circulating)
>The Boxer War

The Slavic kingdoms of northern Europe prior to Christianize at the hands of Danes and Saxons. Considering how brutal this period was, i doubt there are any sources left however.

bronze/iron age Europe, mainly because there are little sources available

The sacking of Parihaka

Colonialism, especially the second era of colonialism.

bump
mostly shit replies but it has potential